PDA

View Full Version : Bought both AC games, which to play first?

OwnTheGuards
11-09-2014, 11:44 AM
I haven't seen this discussed by any of the Ubisoft representitives but it's pretty important to me. I just want to make sure I'm playing it in order from a narrative POV, I've seen on Wikipedia that Unity is the 7th installment and Rogue is the 8th but I don't know how reliable that is

Methward923
11-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Chronologically Rogue comes first. AC 4 takes place before 3 and Rogue in-between those, filling in the missing gasps and leads directly into Unity. So I suggest finish Rogue then start playing Unity, who knows (haven't played Unity yet) you might find some cool easter eggs or something along the way while playing it since you can consider Unity to be a direct sequel to Rogue. Even Ubisoft told that Rogue has crucial ties to Unity.

DaveyNorton
11-09-2014, 12:58 PM
I don't think playing Unity first would be too detrimental to the overall experience, but there is no doubt in my mind that Rogue should be played first. Not just because of its ties to Unity, which are indeed very strong, but also because of its status as a finale to the Kenway saga. It seems right to me to bid goodbyes to America and III-era gameplay this way, before diving into something brand new. It's like as if Revelations and III came out at the same time. Sure, you could play III first, but it wouldn't be right.

EzioAssassin51
11-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Also, ACRo is similar to AC4, whereas ACU is very different in terms of gameplay, so maybe for that reason too, if you get what I mean

SHADOWGARVIN
11-09-2014, 01:30 PM
It doesn't matter which game you play first. You should decide for yourself.

GoldenBoy9999
11-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Ahhhh, wasn't there something about there is a mystery at the end of Unity and Rogue will solve that mystery? Or was it the other way around? If someone could remind me that'd be helpful. I honestly don't know which I'll play first.

I'm pretty sure there is a thread about this very thing. I may have to read it.

OpticSpecs
11-09-2014, 01:50 PM
I've seen the ending of Rogue, I recommend playing Rogue first then Unity.

Thats all I'm saying.

SHADOWGARVIN
11-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Ahhhh, wasn't there something about there is a mystery at the end of Unity and Rogue will solve that mystery? Or was it the other way around? If someone could remind me that'd be helpful. I honestly don't know which I'll play first.

I'm pretty sure there is a thread about this very thing. I may have to read it.

The ending of rogue solves a mystery in unity. If you play unity first it remains a mystery.

The mystery is who killed Arno's father.

GoldenBoy9999
11-09-2014, 02:10 PM
The ending of rogue solves a mystery in unity. If you play unity first it remains a mystery.

The mystery is who killed Arno's father.

I didn't click on the spoiler but would you say to play Rogue first? If you play Rogue first would it seem like the mystery is solved before it is even a mystery?

SHADOWGARVIN
11-09-2014, 02:20 PM
I didn't click on the spoiler but would you say to play Rogue first? If you play Rogue first would it seem like the mystery is solved before it is even a mystery?

You can click on it. I only said what the mystery is. I didn't give the answer. It doesn't contain a real spoiler. As soon as you begin with unity, you will find out what the mystery is. If you want to know what the answer to the mystery in unity is, you should play rogue first. Unity begins where rogue ends.

reddragonhrcro
11-09-2014, 02:31 PM
I think someone from Ubisoft said Unity should be played first for that mystery part. But yeah its all up to you which to start first.Still don't have a clue myself which to play first.

GoldenBoy9999
11-09-2014, 02:37 PM
I think I'll play Rogue first. I saw an AC wiki discussion where people were saying to play Rogue first although they thought it'd release 2 weeks after. It seems like it flows better that way.

It'll also save the best game mechanics for last. Instead of going from huge Paris to little settlements it'll go the other way around.

SenseHomunculus
11-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Damn, you people have some wicked good self-control!!! I'll have both in hand as well in (*checks clock*) 40 hours, 14 minutes, and the hell if I'm not going to play Unity first!! :p Been itching to get my eyeballs on this thing!! OK, well maybe I'll play Unity for a couple hours just to do it and the switch over to Rogue. I'm taking Tuesday off from work so I've got a lot of time to put into it. :D

GoldenBoy9999
11-09-2014, 03:11 PM
^ I feel ya man. I want to dive into Unity also. I'm actually waiting for my headset adapter to come in on Friday so that'll be when I can finally start Rogue.