PDA

View Full Version : Question about exact release time.

TheBeefDip
11-09-2014, 10:56 AM
I for one, bought this on steam (Sorry Ubi, I like to keep my games in one place if I can help it) Most people noticed the countdown ends on the store page roughly 10am PST. So is there no midnight release?? Kinda odd, or is the horrible steam countdown wrong once again?? I would love to get some dev to tell me, because I took the days off to play, and I would love to know if I need to nap/ energy drink it up for a midnight release or sleep like normal and do a 10am release. Thanks for the input!

PS. It would also be great to know so I could tell the guys on the Steam ACU forums. We know of the preload, but would love a set release time.

Tanyn
11-09-2014, 05:16 PM
This is why i generally don't pre-order anything digitally. If it's a game that I'm always looking forward to, and want instant access to upon release, then i just go to GameStop and pre-order a physical copy. Unfortunately, this means I have no answers for you, but I certainly hope you get access to it the moment it goes live. .... This reminds me of the Dead Space 2 fiasco, I think it was 5-7 hours after the midnight release, before the authentication servers recognized that the release date had come :c .... but that's EA for you, they pretty much destroy any franchise or individual title that they get their hands on.

Mr_Shade
11-09-2014, 05:22 PM
I for one, bought this on steam (Sorry Ubi, I like to keep my games in one place if I can help it) Most people noticed the countdown ends on the store page roughly 10am PST. So is there no midnight release?? Kinda odd, or is the horrible steam countdown wrong once again?? I would love to get some dev to tell me, because I took the days off to play, and I would love to know if I need to nap/ energy drink it up for a midnight release or sleep like normal and do a 10am release. Thanks for the input!

PS. It would also be great to know so I could tell the guys on the Steam ACU forums. We know of the preload, but would love a set release time.

Hi,

For steam questions you will need to contact them directly - they can check if this is correct- they are in charge of releasing games on their store, so I'm sorry I can't answer for them.

It is most likely correct though, however please feel free to check with them!

Alphacos007
11-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Games on Steam usually release on 10am PST, but sometimes you're able to play the game even though the store page says it's not yet released. It's just about luck, I guess.

CQMET_PenperOni
11-09-2014, 08:18 PM
1 day and 23hours.......ish

Bahjabroni
11-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Watch Dogs is the last big Ubi release that I can recall and that unlocked on Steam at midnight EST. However, it took about an hour more for it to unlock on uPlay, which is important obviously because you have to use both if you have the Steam version. If its not unlocked on both, its not playable.

My guess is Unity will be similar, however considering there is a uPlay preload for some regions at least (EMEA) this one may be different and unlock in those regions at midnight in one of those regions. As to which, is anyone's guess. I'd base it on the studio. Ubisoft Montreal is the lead on Unity, so it may be exactly like Watch Dogs and not unlock til EST.

The countdown clock on Steam is usually fairly reliable, but its not for certain espc if the devs get it overridden which has been happening with a lot of big games on Steam lately. Splinter Cell Blacklist is another big title, but that one didnt unlock until 2pm EST (the uPlay unlock was delayed an hour).

Dont count on a midnight release for this game, but it cant be ruled out either.

TheBeefDip
11-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Hi,

For steam questions you will need to contact them directly - they can check if this is correct- they are in charge of releasing games on their store, so I'm sorry I can't answer for them.

It is most likely correct though, however please feel free to check with them!

Well thanks anyways, I guess I will have to wait and see (Opening a ticket and trying to get a word from steam took about a week last time I tried asking them something) So I guess I will wait and see. I kinda wanted to plan it out, but I guess I will have to kinda wing it, and buy extra energy drinks if it is a midnight release. But thanks again!