PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION] Car progression

DutchProjectz
11-09-2014, 12:06 AM
Hey devs and community,

I don't know if this has been specified before but I'll just point it out again then. Also, I don't know if this is allready in the game but as far as I've seen I don't think so.

So this is my suggestion:

Since you allready get like a decent car at the beginning, achieving/buying a top car (Ferrari LaFerrari, Pagani Huayra, Lamborghini Murcielago) would be really hard. For example, in a game like Call Of Duty or Battlefield, achieving the highest rank in there needs many hours to achieve. I think this "Hard To Get" thing for these top cars should be in the game, because if you get those, the game is pretty much done for the collection part. I think a part of the community won't be active anymore from that point, but I could be wrong.

I hope that you understand what I meant with this suggestion and for more suggestions or feedback on it, please leave messages below :)

RobMUFC1987
11-09-2014, 01:29 PM
I think the starting cars are too good, in Full Stock anyway. I mean, who's is going to buy a VW Golf or Ford Focus when you have a 360bhp Mustang? I think cars should be in tiers like in other games. Start with Hatchbacks, move on to Coupes/Low end Muscle then move up to the sports cars etc

DutchProjectz
11-09-2014, 02:11 PM
Yes, I totally agree. There need to be less powerfull starter cars. If you start with a 370z for example u can easily finish the game because it's so powerfull

RobMUFC1987
11-09-2014, 02:20 PM
From what I've played in the Beta, you can complete the game with any starter car making every other car in the game redundant. I now "own" 3 Mustangs, but I've only bought 1 because each upgrade, Full Stock, Street, Dirt etc gives you a "new" car

WeatheredSteel
11-12-2014, 01:16 AM
I agree with you, they need to have starter cars like the Golf GTI or a Chevy Cobalt or even maybe start in a Tuner like a 240SX or Civic, the cars you start with now are much nicer looking than a Ford Focus or Golf GTI and there about the same stat wise anyway.

MaXiiczek
11-12-2014, 08:43 AM
it's all about a look of the car, all cars will be comparable in end game when upgraded to the max, so the reason to buy another cars is because you like them, not because you need them, this game is very different in this, there are no tiers for a reason

DutchProjectz
11-12-2014, 10:31 AM
it's all about a look of the car, all cars will be comparable in end game when upgraded to the max, so the reason to buy another cars is because you like them, not because you need them, this game is very different in this, there are no tiers for a reason

I know that sir, but would it be really fun to purchase the (IRL) fastest car like a Pagani Huayra for example and suddenly you are getting rekt in a drag race by a Mini Cooper S. It all depends on the skill eventually, I know that and it should be like that. I just would like this implementation because it will make a player more happy that he gets a "Beautifull" car, that is "Fast / Great Handling / etc". If you just buy a car for the looks of it, there is no longer the original progression in the game that most popular race games used to have.

MaXiiczek
11-12-2014, 10:53 AM
but it can't be both ways... you have to choose and The Crew have chosen this way... when the cars are supposed to be comparable at the end, you can't diverse them by tiers and make some of them better, ofc better cars have better base stats, but when you upgrade them to max they will be similar to any other, not the same ofc, every car is different

DutchProjectz
11-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Okay, listen. I can accept that the game is made this way and if this wouldn't change, it wouldn't make me decline my pre-order. It's just that the devs of this game listen to their community and if quite some ppl would think the same way about this, they will try to edit some parts of the system.

cargamingblog
11-12-2014, 08:39 PM
I would totally buy a Golf or Focus first, but that's just me!

MaXiiczek
11-12-2014, 08:48 PM
exactly, it's about personal preferences... and in games with tiers, you can't drive what you want, but you have to drive what is competitive and that's wrong... i love that in this game i can really drive what i want no matter if it is supersport or a tuner car :)