PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag Reinstall help

Fletch_2011
11-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Ok so UPLay was not loading BF and I found instructions on reloading UPlay. I did that and the New UPlay does not recognize any of my installed games. So I decided to try to repair or reinstall the game from scratch. Loaded up the CD's and there is no repair files function in the setup menu so I just tried to play it directly from the disk. UPlay then comes up with a Download screen which I tried but after 6hours of waiting I terminated. I tried to force the setup to run by directly accessing that file on the dixk and get the error message that its already installed. (Gee if its installed why won't it run) so I thin go to the setup menu and use the Uninstall function to delete the program so I can then reinstall it. After the program uninstalled I manually deleted the remaining entries in the system then reboot the computer and rerun the BF setup disks only to be told it still on my system and the program won't load.

Any ideas on how to get this reloaded? Obviously I've lost my fleet and saved games but they can be replayed.

YazX_
11-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Check this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/931351-How-to-install-ACIV-BF-for-the-second-time?highlight=reinstall+black+flag

Fletch_2011
11-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Thanks Very Much, I missed that entry earlier, just deleted it and going to reboot and try to reinstall.

YazX_
11-07-2014, 09:12 PM
no problem, plz let us know how it goes :)

Fletch_2011
11-07-2014, 11:05 PM
Reinstall went well started game and doing the updates (thankfully recognized the paid addons) hopefully when it is done I'll be back to rebuilding my fleet.

YazX_
11-08-2014, 12:07 AM
Good to hear, if you need any further help, please dont hesitate to post again :)

Fletch_2011
11-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Just a FYI post, Since I reinstalled the game from scratch I was not expecting this but all of the DLC and Fleet information is intact. I just finished the mission when I can start building a fleet and it was all there still. Just thought I'd post that for anyone else who might have to reinstall their game as well.