PDA

View Full Version : Which game had your fav MD storyline?

EmbodyingSeven5
11-07-2014, 04:27 AM
I am one of the admittedly few who enjoy the MD storylines. just wondering what you guys found as your favorite.

1. AC 2
2.AC Brotherhood
3. AC
4.AC 3
5.AC liberation
6. AC 4
7.AC Revelation

I feel as though I should explain 5. even though the MD storyline was only slightly touched in liberation what it displayed about abstergo and the anonymous hacker group erudio ( not sure if I spelled it right) was interesting.

also my list is constantly changing lol;)

Fatal-Feit
11-07-2014, 04:39 AM
Liberation doesn't have a MD segment.

AC:3's MD was a letdown for many, understandable, but I still enjoy the crap out of it. It's something I'm actually excited to do when I'm pulled out of the Animus.

Second would be Brotherhood, as the platforming, humor, and characters are great.

3rd - Rogue (yeah, I've seen the MD, and it's awesome)

4th - IV

5th - Revelations

6th - 2/1 (would choose 1 over 2 because of the story and characters, but the setting was so drab and the camera was so **** with a controller)

EmbodyingSeven5
11-07-2014, 04:42 AM
Liberation doesn't have a MD segment.

AC:3's MD was a letdown for many, understandable, but I still enjoy the crap out of it. It's something I'm actually excited to do when I'm pulled out of the Animus.

Second would be Brotherhood, as the platforming, humor, and characters are great.

3rd - Rogue (yeah, I've seen the MD, and it's awesome)

4th - IV

5th - Revelations

6th - 2/1 (would choose 1 over 2 because of the story and characters, but the setting was so drab and the camera was so **** with a controller)

the MD storyline appears inside the animus through erurdito leaving behind scenes that were cut out of abstergos final game
Eve is also mentioned in game.

cawatrooper9
11-07-2014, 04:46 AM
Liberation? :P

Fatal-Feit
11-07-2014, 05:15 AM
the MD storyline appears inside the animus through erurdito leaving behind scenes that were cut out of abstergos final game
Eve is also mentioned in game.

Does that actually count as MD? :confused:

Eh, fair enough. I guess we can include Unity when it release.

Ureh
11-07-2014, 05:18 AM
That's a pretty tough one. Either ACB or AC4 for me. The rest are quite good too (they've all got something that's really worthy of praise that the others don't have or focus on as much).

ACB did the whole "melding the past and present together" thingy pretty well (you get to revisit a few special places). And back then, it felt like it was building up to something really big, like the start of a much bigger journey (lucy, juno, bleeding effect, templar agents?! end of the world!?! oh my goodness!).

AC4 is kinda different in that it focuses a lot more on the AC1 type of gameplay and then really expands on it. It does have that really awesome "past and present collide" with all those easter eggs and John the IT guy. And it even has an AC2/B-esque "meet the twcb at the end of the game".

Wish I could explain it as well you guys, I just thought these two excelled at what they were doing.

Namikaze_17
11-07-2014, 05:22 AM
1) AC3 ( Flaws & Ending aside)
2) AC1
3) ACB/AC4
4) AC2
5) ACR

6) ACL

OpticSpecs
11-07-2014, 06:21 AM
AC3 for me,

Black Flags MD was good because you play as yourself. But it would be cool if you can choose to join the Assassin's or Templars
For example, In the end of AC4, Shaun and Rebecca say they could use your help (keep hacking the computers). It would have been cool if you could choose between hacking the computers and getting info for the Assassin's or tell the Templars that there are two Assassin's in the building and then watch a scene where the Templars go after Shaun and Rebecca.

Probably wouldn't work, because more people like the Assassin's

pirate1802
11-07-2014, 06:25 AM
AC3 for me,

Black Flags MD was good because you play as yourself. But it would be cool if you can choose to join the Assassin's or Templars
For example, In the end of AC4, Shaun and Rebecca say they could use your help (keep hacking the computers). It would have been cool if you could choose between hacking the computers and getting info for the Assassin's or tell the Templars that there are two Assassin's in the building and then watch a scene where the Templars go after Shaun and Rebecca.

Probably wouldn't work, because more people like the Assassin's

That would have been very very interesting.

Personally it's a toss up between ACB and AC IV for me. Both had sizeable content and more importantly, sensible content (read not modern-guards-fighting-like-18th-century-infantrymen content)

Sesheenku
11-07-2014, 06:42 AM
It's all tripe but I found 3 to be the most enjoyable to play.

Story though? Nope.

SpiritOfNevaeh
11-07-2014, 07:09 AM
AC3 and AC4 were okay.

Layytez
11-07-2014, 07:27 AM
Hard for me to answer because I love every ounce of First Civ information we get. In the MD I just like visiting First Civ sites.

andrew_m50
11-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Hard for me to answer because I love every ounce of First Civ information we get.

Me too.

Barlog06
11-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Absolutely Brotherhood. It has everything I want about MD.

SixKeys
11-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Toss-up between AC1 and ACB. AC1's wasn't very involving gameplay-wise, but I loved the subtle world-building (the e-mails and files that made it sound like the world outside was a total mess) and the mystery when we had absolutely no idea what was going on. ACB's was more involving for the player, what with exploring modern-day Monteriggioni and the mindblowing ending.

dxsxhxcx
11-07-2014, 02:04 PM
AC1

Pros:
a nice start with enough information to make us interested about the story;

Cons:
For the 1st game of the franchise, none.

ACB

Pros:
the story was nice;
the ending level was cool;
plot twist (Lucy's death);

Cons:
Free roam in Moteriggioni was POINTLESS;
Missed opportunity to do something interesting with the modern days (gameplay wise);

AC2

Pros:
Altair section;
Beating up the guards at the end;

Cons:
it should've advanced the story a little more;

AC3

Pros:
Some interesting information about TWCB;
a step in the right direction with the Desmond missions;

Cons:
they tried too hard to make the Desmond's missions provide the same experience the historical part does instead of focus on the narrative;
Daniel Cross destroyed (like if S16 wasn't enough);
Vidic's death ruined!

ACR

Pros:
the Animus interface;

Cons:
the most interesting and enigmatic character this franchise had reduced to nothing;
awful design choice for the 1st person missions;
answers to many questions that fans had put in a PAID DLC;

AC4

Hell on earth!

king-hailz
11-07-2014, 04:36 PM
I am one of the admittedly few who enjoy the MD storylines. just wondering what you guys found as your favorite.

1. AC 2
2.AC Brotherhood
3. AC
4.AC 3
5.AC liberation
6. AC 4
7.AC Revelation

I feel as though I should explain 5. even though the MD storyline was only slightly touched in liberation what it displayed about abstergo and the anonymous hacker group erudio ( not sure if I spelled it right) was interesting.

also my list is constantly changing lol;)

Exactly the same, except i would swap libertations and revelations... i think revelations ending with ezio and desmond and subject 16 is somewhat interesting...

GreatBeyonder
11-07-2014, 04:44 PM
I'd say AC3, as it had proper Assassin hijinx.