PDA

View Full Version : Uplay Recommended Track Drop #22

BlueBadger400
11-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Another week means another Uplay Recommend Track list! All of these tracks have now been uploaded to the Uplay Recommended feed and are available on PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC. As with every week, we have added five amazing tracks from five amazing track editors. Before you load them up, letís break them down and take a closer look.

< Persephone > by RaketeAal397

Not only does this track have a fun and fast driving line, it does some really interesting things with the camera. Pulled slightly behind a bit allows you to see the awesome environment that RaketeAal397 has designed, all while having a bit of a filter on it. The changing of environment and particle effects makes this one that most will enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erpMzkJaBsc

The Dream Abyss by koumick95

If you wanted to see an example of how beautiful a Trials Fusion track can get, check out The Dream Abyss. The excellent use of Welcome to the Abyss DLC content adds a ton of atmosphere to this track. Just watch out for those statues!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jb_44b_zMQ

Temple Blues by ConfusedMuscles

ConfusedMuscles is back with his track, Temple Blues. This track has an incredible driving line is a joy to play. The environment adds a lot to enjoyment of the ride through the track and the editor has done a wonderful job here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edThbD3grvY

Vlad III by illobear

Illobear has made a name for himself with these incredible Extreme rated tracks and Vlad III is no exception. Humbling, yet enjoyable, illobear has found a nice balance for these extreme tracks and we hope you enjoy this awesome track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvoYHFWm-MA

Foundry by Monstified

Is there nostalgia in the air? While racing through Foundry, you may feel some reminiscent feels as it has a bit of a Trials Evolution look and feel to it. Monstified has created a fun and entertaining track that you can now play on every platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJURloM1gS8

- Johkr

En0-
11-06-2014, 04:07 PM
I really love Persephone! Nice job!

fleskeknoke
11-06-2014, 04:20 PM
great looking tracks... looks challenging too, nice!

RoguishRonin
11-06-2014, 04:25 PM
We have some strange posting habits around here. Shogun posts my articles. I post Shogun & Blue articles, Johkr posts my articles, Blue posts Johkr articles... Jeesh.

funktastic-
11-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Well done guys looking forward to playing these tracks i do however have one problem ,

Although i like alot of koumicks tracks and have spoken via psn telling him so i dont think this was one of his greatest works , it is becoming very tiresome seeing the same 2 people getting crossplatformed and very discouraging to my self a other builders out there to see that for ps4 according to this thread that there is only 2 or good enough builders to meet your standards. Again this track while being nice it doeshave alot of mistakes and the driveline is not that special.

You cant just keep picking the same people all the time whether they are always the better track or not its unfair on people who are very active within this game. Kalzzone koumick and f12 is it are not the only people who give some good tracks for ps4 if so then the ps4 platform side of fusion might as well cease. Its about time this recommended gave back to all not just a few selected. its begining to bore me seeing the same people all the time over and over and over. I couldnt give a flying dum de dum deum lol about getting cross platformed before you say but on the other hand this is not fair other people one little bit who are very active within your game.

This track of koumicks is nothing special one little bit so then all other tracks on ps4 must be very low standard indeed. thanx for insight again i know there is not much to choose from but that doesnt mean you have to keep recomendeding the same people. This is a very unfair playground i am begining to wish i stayed in at break :p

Shoguns spooky track is bar far the most enjoyable track this time on ps4 this week in my opinion , so why choose a lesser one this time round ? this recomended needs to stick to some guidlines or its means nothing. Come on stay to one set guidlines of guidelines will you , changing what suits each weeks is making me dizzy lol

What classes as the better track ? the person testing it at the time nope people are not going to like alot of tracks selected so then you have an open policy on whatever you choose so it doesnt matter does it that some tracks chosen wont be liked and again koumicks is not about like ability its simply not the best rack this week and thats a fact. Jurenhg ( sorry about spelling ) also did a very enjoyable track this week which would be enjoyed by alot of ppl if crossplatformed. I really dont understand why the track i speak would be deemed as very enjoyable for all platforms to enjoy. Its nothing that hasnt been done before nothing special.

For the same 2 or 3 people to only be at the forefront of the builders side for ps4 , you are saying that other builders who are as active within your game might as well stop because it doesnt matter how good their tracks are you have your selected favourites. Thiis is having an effect on the community for ps4. I see it in track central were people tracks who are always crossplatformed are hardly liked compared to new people. We are a very small percentage of the game who use this forum and track central shows that they are getting bored of the same people. the same favourites get their tracks dissliked almost straight away. When a completely different type of track or builder comes up they tend to stay on top for donkeys surely this is evidence of what i speak of. The track you have picked to represent ps4 is not the best track this week by far thats a fact..

Your not giving back to the community as a whole but rather your own idevidual favourties and this is something that is not good for a gaming communty to grow and defeat the bordem that comes with longtime gameplay. This game is getting more boring all the time and needs to change its choices in take a different path because the same people are boring me

Thats my opinion only though and one built on not many months of game play

empecee
11-06-2014, 04:47 PM
muscles and koumicks tracks lag and screen tear like crazy on xbone .

VEGASTRASH
11-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Persephone was a superior track. A few points in the driveline took a few runs to dial in, but between sound/decor/some animation...this track had it all.

The rest of the picks were simply too dark on the driveline. Not for the entire tracks, but many points it was hard to see where you were riding. One had all kinds of issues on the driveline. Not to mention, a few had serious screen tear.
The decor was ok, but when you increase black levels so much, you blow out grays. Contrast is great, when done the right way...similar to Catch 22 from last week.
Overall, the decor seemed smashed (over contrasty with not enough lights to offset the ambient darkness). Or look at Quake from last week. Great example of how to bring in contrast properly without blowing out the look. I've seen this numerous times, but the tracks get picked regardless.
I was a much bigger fan of last weeks picks. I can't argue with what someone "likes"...regardless of the worth of the track.

Rishaanvb
11-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Cool tracks.

Just a question though: Do you guys test the tracks on 360 before releasing it? The Dream Abyss is just too dark all over. I can just make out the edges of the bike and the lit up part of the driving line. The last bit of the track I can't even see anything. Is this just my tv settings or do the other 360-owners experience the same?

fleskeknoke
11-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Cool tracks.

Just a question though: Do you guys test the tracks on 360 before releasing it? The Dream Abyss is just too dark all over. I can just make out the edges of the bike and the lit up part of the driving line. The last bit of the track I can't even see anything. Is this just my tv settings or do the other 360-owners experience the same?

im on 360 but i havnt had a chance to test the tracks yet, it would be unfortunate if they are that dark on one platform.

Your not giving back to the community as a whole but rather your own idevidual favourties and this is something that is not good for a gaming communty to grow and defeat the bordem that comes with longtime gameplay.

actually, the weekly picks are one of two thing that keeps both the forum and the game alive imo, the other thing is the editor and tc in general.
if some builders get picked several times so what... its mostly quality tracks in my eyes at least.

VEGASTRASH
11-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Cool tracks.

The game in general is much darker on both Xbox platforms. When I compared them next to the ps4, I couldn't believe the difference in many tracks. Even on the ps4, 3 of this weeks picks were far too dark...I can't imagine how rough they may look on the 360.

Rishaanvb
11-06-2014, 10:56 PM
The game in general is much darker on both Xbox platforms. When I compared them next to the ps4, I couldn't believe the difference in many tracks. Even on the ps4, 3 of this weeks picks were far too dark...I can't imagine how rough they may look on the 360.

Don't know which 3 you mean, but imo just Dream Abyss is just unplayable, which is a shame, cause from the vid the track looks great.

magimix2000
11-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Vlad III aside, a disappointing selection. Foundry gets a sympathy upvote by virtue of not being Temple Blues, < Persephone>, or The Dream Abyss.

funktastic-
11-06-2014, 11:47 PM
im on 360 but i havnt had a chance to test the tracks yet, it would be unfortunate if they are that dark on one platform.

sorry it didnt add my bit of quote with it

actually, the weekly picks are one of two thing that keeps both the forum and the game alive imo, the other thing is the editor and tc in general.
if some builders get picked several times so what... its mostly quality tracks in my eyes at least.

Sorry it never added my quote with your bud

First this does nothing for a dying tc , does nothing for upcoming builders , does nothing to gain support from consumers. If some builders get picked several times over tracks that are better then its obvious that its fixed thats whats so what about it and its boring to see the same. Same , does not keep longterm game play hence the reason they keep changing the format of trials or it would still be the same from day one of the first. Change is everything within a gaming longterm industry

There is not a vast amount of quality tracks coming from ps4 and the track central isnt doing so good so we get the chance to see all tracks and like i said allthough its a nice track flecky its not the best of the week in my opinion hence why i decided to post my opinion. So my point is that while this is not the best track then why would this be the best option to crossplatorm ?. It has nothing different or anything special to give reason for this so i stand by my original post.

which again is only a post and not one for people to cry over lol

some people like to not say anything incase of being put out and some people like to brown nose , well i like to moan sometimes thats life lol

Rebrief
11-07-2014, 11:43 AM
I was wondering if we would ever get a ninja track from future drops. As there are alot of really good players that want more of a challenge. so why not 1 ninja track per drop? Oh also i would and others would like to see a ninja playlist :)

funktastic-
11-07-2014, 01:25 PM
i think ninja should also have a slot of its own as there is a vast amount that like them on the ps4 , track central proves this

Redlynx_Shogun
11-07-2014, 02:29 PM
A few things:

it is becoming very tiresome seeing the same 2 people getting crossplatformed and very discouraging to my self a other builders out there to see that for ps4 according to this thread that there is only 2 or good enough builders to meet your standards

2? You count funny. This is only kourmick's second time on Uplay Rec. 20 builders from PS4 have been featured in Uplay Recommended over 22 drops:

HES92, Mattyb2001uk, Freeman_o0o, rjn15, LatChoX, imme1986, IXxUltraNovaxXI, Ubi_Shogun, PirateNipple, Gunther_Geek, KALzzone8, VEGASTRASH01, PSYCHOTIC-909, katamariEU, mas-uk, dUBZEE-, dj2witchy, FG-312, Wunder_Blunder & koumick95

Uplay picks are not selected based on who built them. We have a number of factors we look at, most of which focus on how much we think players will enjoy them. If one player is getting a lot of picks it's because we feel those tracks are doing something right. If you think other tracks were better that only means that what you consider good is different than us.

Ultimately if you like building, do it for yourself, not other people. It shouldn't matter what other people think as long as you are having a good time and like what you are building.

its obvious that its fixed
Uplay Recommended is in no way "fixed." We make our choices. You don't have to like them but that doesn't mean we purposely keep people out. We've featured players who consistently bad mouth us on these forums because we thought they were good tracks. If Uplay picks are fixed and we always play favorites I can think of a few of tracks that would never have been featured but are still there for all to enjoy.

I was wondering if we would ever get a ninja track from future drops. As there are alot of really good players that want more of a challenge. so why not 1 ninja track per drop?
Uplay Recommended tracks are intended for all players. Less than 1% of players can finish a ninja track. It's not impossible but unlikely you'll see ninjas in the Uplay feed.

Oh also i would and others would like to see a ninja playlist
This however could be possible. Hopefully I'll have some good news for you soon.

i think ninja should also have a slot of its own as there is a vast amount that like them on the ps4 , track central proves this
Ninjas are popular on TC because only ninja riders can finish them and vote. Actual statistics show that easy/medium tracks are vastly more popular, they just get lower reviews because they get a lot more people reviewing them and therefore more mixed opinions. Only about 16% of players can finish an easy extreme track and less than 1% can finish a ninja. Compare that to around 65% who can complete medium tracks. Now consider that one for a moment, 35% of Trials players cannot finish a medium track.

funktastic-
11-07-2014, 03:16 PM
cheers for the reply shogun , like i have said on a previous thread if i am wrong will hold my hands up and thats far enough but i was being sarcastic with 2 and it does seem fixed which ever way but you proved i was wrong so cool hands up my bad.

I will say though that alot of them was already there months ago this past 2 months its been f12 koumick and kalzzone and that has tend to been repeated which in all farness deserve to be , its is always seem to be the same people even with facts. when was the newsest person to join the red catolouge introduced ? besides also having the featured and track jam also had the same people so it does seem as a whole the same people but cant argue with facts so on that one far enough i am wrong :nonchalance:

Fixed was a lamens terms i used , but there does seem to be some tracks crossing over that for me dont seem quality enough but i did say at the end of my post that thats based on the time i have been playing which isnt that long. And again my agenda doesn't always mean that a track should have to be of a fantastic quality but there again i have been told that its not for that. I think it should be though as well , to show upcoming talent or give something to the new gamers to this New "fusion "

35% cant complete medium blooming hell never thought that. I only think ninja tracks should have a different slot because they tend to glogg up the actuall weekly feed in reality it contredicts the whole reason for track of the week for me anyway. Maybe i play a different game in my head lol.

As for not liking the tracks picked well its your game but that goes the same for when an opinion is posted , it doesnt have to be liked or agreed with to still be of good standing or interpreted as wrong also. As much as tracks are crossplatformed so are peoples views on them and should also be taken in the same way. Just because i posted regarding this and tend to frequently does not mean i have any mailice or intent for anything other than just interacting within a forum thats the other side to this game that i also like. takes me long enough to type out a post in the first place lol

again cheers for the reply and were i am wrong i will admit if i am even though im never wrong:p but nobody knows there wrong until someone shows they are which is what i was after but i did try looking on rec to clarify my query first but they dont give platform or dates so couldnt. still liked your track better though , was pretty awsome drivine with a fantastic spooky decor

Redlynx_Shogun
11-07-2014, 05:55 PM
I only think ninja tracks should have a different slot because they tend to glogg up the actuall weekly feed
We are definitely looking for ways to improve this. Just so much focus has been on preparing MP that these changes are slow to roll out.

funktastic-
11-07-2014, 06:00 PM
cool thats sounds wicked:)

attila-999
11-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Uplay strongly multiplayers
5 tracks for 5 friends, congratulations guys
... you are the only ones to share "your tracks with friends"

sorry to ask the question: "Abyss"( the movies ) is broadcast on all platform?
I seem to have recognized the title of a film in this way .... (dissemination via uplay is allowed? ... rules change depending on the gamertag?)
signed : Queen Elizabeast

funktastic-
11-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Played all tracks now and one that stands out for me is persephone and not because i spoke ro its creator but its different and has more of an individual mark on it then the rest. Broke out the rule box so to speak and it works. Only one thing is that i personelly think it should be on hard , Lots of precise gaps that i think would come with too many faults for a medium. the others was still good tracks with some good drivlines again even the extreme was playable for a none skilled player and i like this. The only one i didnt think much of we know already but then that could be down to that i played its lots of times already so might have taken the edge off who knows.

RoguishRonin
11-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Welcome to the Abyss is using the dictionary definition of the word abyss:

a deep or seemingly bottomless chasm.
Example: <looking down at the dark ocean from the ship's rail, the cruise passenger felt as though he was staring into an abyss>
and not a reference to the 1989 movie titled The Abyss.

Welcome to the Abyss sounds better than Welcome to the Huge, Seemingly Bottomless, Dark Hole that is Under Water.

There is a difference between two things sharing a common English word, and one thing that was intentionally designed to mirror another.

Steiner84
11-14-2014, 11:25 AM

that is a well known xbox specific Problem. ist not Trials that is too dark, ist xbox platform. it has something to do with rgb range, which leads to crushed blacks and all.
But seems MS cant be arsed to fix it..

empecee
12-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the Abyss is using the dictionary definition of the word abyss:

a deep or seemingly bottomless chasm.
Example: <looking down at the dark ocean from the ship's rail, the cruise passenger felt as though he was staring into an abyss>
and not a reference to the 1989 movie titled The Abyss.

Welcome to the Abyss sounds better than Welcome to the Huge, Seemingly Bottomless, Dark Hole that is Under Water.

There is a difference between two things sharing a common English word, and one thing that was intentionally designed to mirror another.

i just read this and was wondering what your opinion was on the " gravity " film reference on bungalow beach at the end .

attila-999
12-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Yes, my title is not a reference to the film The Abyss / or even Alien's .... because my title is a reference to the Queen elizabeth II .. do not put the angry queen ... I guess, was essential ...

ahaha ... a joke more

Maybe one day I can be knighted by RL .... hahaha ... and my body will be that day weightless

in the meantime, if you do not listen, the boat sinks into the abyss ... and the game too ...
there is greater world ....
there are not many creators of " world "

RoguishRonin
12-02-2014, 02:48 PM
i just read this and was wondering what your opinion was on the " gravity " film reference on bungalow beach at the end .

References or "nods" to other things are great fun and show appreciation to subject matter that you find interesting.

Yes, my title is not a reference to the film The Abyss / or even Alien's .... because my title is a reference to the Queen elizabeth II .. do not put the angry queen ... I guess, was essential ...

ahaha ... a joke more

Maybe one day I can be knighted by RL .... hahaha ... and my body will be that day weightless

in the meantime, if you do not listen, the boat sinks into the abyss ... and the game too ...
there is greater world ....
there are not many creators of " world "

You had a 40ft tall Alien queen with a ton of eggs at the end of your track, that isn't a subtle nod or hint, that's a 40 foot tall Alien queen. It's a bit more involved than a DLC that has a solitary word in common with a movie and the argument that they are similar is tenuous at best. I am now 100% sure that the two of you are just arguing to cause drama.

I invite you to view the forum rules, specifically the ones about Trolling as posted here. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142072&viewfull=1#post10142072)

empecee
12-02-2014, 03:42 PM
References or "nods" to other things are great fun and show appreciation to subject matter that you find interesting.

You had a 40ft tall Alien queen with a ton of eggs at the end of your track, that isn't a subtle nod or hint, that's a 40 foot tall Alien queen. It's a bit more involved than a DLC that has a solitary word in common with a movie and the argument that they are similar is tenuous at best. I am now 100% sure that the two of you are just arguing to cause drama.

I invite you to view the forum rules, specifically the ones about Trolling as posted here. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142072&viewfull=1#post10142072)

this isnt trolling or arguing watsover . . . its just opinions and points .i dont argue over the internet. i would do it face to face im not 10. your not distressed by my post are u ? if you are i will stop and attilla would im sure . but im not prepared agree with you on fickle points on a game i cant influence. im not stupid just a game just me making a few points . nothing more

RoguishRonin
12-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Here's the spot I was looking at.

Causing disturbances in forum threads, chatrooms or gamelobbies, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
Making posts designed to or likely to get inappropriate responses.