PDA

View Full Version : Editor Problems for Mouse and Keyboard

SeductiveJelly
11-06-2014, 12:28 AM
As I find more bugs I will try and update this list. All of these bugs happen when using mouse and keyboard.

- The sliders for objects do not grow or shrink in size dependent on distance away from it

- Sliders do not have visual priority of everything else making it so the sliders can hide behind other objects

- If you multi-select two glue groups and try to glue them together the game crashes

- If you group a group of objects it also glues them

- Not really a bug but the key binding for multi-select is extremely unintuitive and should be rebound to Left Shift

- After using seed buildings and accessing their menu sometimes after you exit the menu all of the tools at the bottom disappear and are replaced with the seed building UI

These bugs have been here from the beginning. I am frankly amazed that no one noticed that the sliders are not working in the slightest. I am honestly curious if anyone tested the editor with mouse and keyboard. I really hope these can get fixed really soon. With the sliders being the way they are it is nearly impossible to make compound objects or objects that have their sliders behind other objects.

As a side note, the variation of an object should be able to be tied to a data source. It is a really small and easy fix but it would be tremendously helpful for so many thing like the Number and Letter objects.

En0-
11-06-2014, 02:44 AM
Hello,

Just bookmarking this thread to not forget to get back to you. We'll need to check a few things before I can answer.

Cheers,

Ch4er0n
11-06-2014, 07:02 PM
I am frankly amazed that no one noticed that the sliders are not working in the slightest.

i think us players noticed immediately; i think there are a couple buried threads about it. its the biggest reason psy isn't building right now. also, check out osoguineapig's stream if you want to see raging at the editor, quite funny XD

TeriXeri
11-06-2014, 07:11 PM
If with sliders you mean the Red Green Blue arrows, I agree sometimes they are way too big, sometimes way too small and hard to select.

But there's actually a solution for this one thing:

- Sliders do not rotate with the camera as you move around them

On the bottom of the mouse interface there's 3 options for them:

Local Coordinate : object based XYZ, if you have an OPE on local mode it will move along those axes.

Global Coordinate : world based XYZ, if you have an OPE on global mode it will move along the world grid axes

Screen Coordinate : Sliders rotate along with the camera in all 3 axes

SeductiveJelly
11-06-2014, 07:23 PM
If with sliders you mean the Red Green Blue arrows, I agree sometimes they are way too big, sometimes way too small and hard to select.

But there's actually a solution for this one thing:

- Sliders do not rotate with the camera as you move around them

On the bottom of the mouse interface there's 3 options for them:

Local Coordinate : object based XYZ, if you have an OPE on local mode it will move along those axes.

Global Coordinate : world based XYZ, if you have an OPE on global mode it will move along the world grid axes

Screen Coordinate : Sliders rotate along with the camera in all 3 axes

My bad, I wasn't thinking straight. I edited the post.

think us players noticed immediately; i think there are a couple buried threads about it. its the biggest reason psy isn't building right now. also, check out osoguineapig's stream if you want to see raging at the editor, quite funny XD

Me and Oso have talked a lot about this issue which made me start this thread. I think that this is a HUGE issue that needs to be fixed and should not be a bug that is just glossed over. And I also assume that they did notice that it didn't work but they just didn't care. Because honestly is is basically impossible not to notice. Especially if you are a developer.

En0-
11-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Hello,

We don't notice as we don't use mouse keyboard to build levels. We have testers checking there is no regression but the priorities for this thing is set depending on players feedback. When we shipped it, we adressed some of the feedback and when we started to reach less important things, we also move more engineers on other features that needed more attention.

However, if the feedback is that the keyboard/mouse needs more attention, we probably can fix some of the issues.

Cheers,

SeductiveJelly
11-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Hello,

We don't notice as we don't use mouse keyboard to build levels. We have testers checking there is no regression but the priorities for this thing is set depending on players feedback. When we shipped it, we adressed some of the feedback and when we started to reach less important things, we also move more engineers on other features that needed more attention.

However, if the feedback is that the keyboard/mouse needs more attention, we probably can fix some of the issues.

Cheers,

I know that not all bugs not that easy to fix but why were keyboard and mouse not really debugged on the PC? I am pretty sure that it is pretty inefficient to use a controller for editing maps in the first place. I just want some of the functionality back from Evo that I already had. And i'm not even going to bring up multiplayer. This game just felt like it was shipped out way before it was done. regardless, I really hope a patch comes out soon.

En0-
11-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Hello,

For Trials, the editor is first designed to work well with a pad, so it's more efficient with a pad, whatever we would do on PC. However, we want to make it work properly with mouse/keyboard. But I just don't find any report about these issues.

The next update won't have any of this fixes, and probably the one after neither as we're working on multiplayer. I don't know yet what we'll include on PC with the update that will include multiplayer, I don't think we'll have time to do much more. We may be able to do a PC only update then.

Regards,

SeductiveJelly
11-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Hello,

For Trials, the editor is first designed to work well with a pad, so it's more efficient with a pad, whatever we would do on PC. However, we want to make it work properly with mouse/keyboard. But I just don't find any report about these issues.

The next update won't have any of this fixes, and probably the one after neither as we're working on multiplayer. I don't know yet what we'll include on PC with the update that will include multiplayer, I don't think we'll have time to do much more. We may be able to do a PC only update then.

Regards,

So an update to fix some of these issues will probably be around sometime early next year?

En0-
11-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Hello,

We can't be sure, we don't have visibility so far and it depends what happens with the 2 next updates.

Cheers,

BenShermanUbi
12-22-2014, 04:47 PM
Just a small update:

- The sliders for objects do not grow or shrink in size dependent on distance away from it

Reproduced on our side. Work in progress.

- Sliders do not have visual priority of everything else making it so the sliders can hide behind other objects

- If you multi-select two glue groups and try to glue them together the game crashes

Cannot reproduce on our side. :(
Maybe there are some additional steps?

- If you group a group of objects it also glues them

- After using seed buildings and accessing their menu sometimes after you exit the menu all of the tools at the bottom disappear and are replaced with the seed building UI

Cannot reproduce on our side. :(
Maybe there are some additional steps?

- Not really a bug but the key binding for multi-select is extremely unintuitive and should be rebound to Left Shift

You have to understand that L. Shift is already used to increase camera speed movement. Also such changes will impact all other players that got used to CTRL.

Still it's hard to say when these bugs are going to be fixed. :(
Our team is working on MP update that should be released in January.

Regards,

JolanXBL
01-06-2015, 09:40 AM
I think just give option to rebind Editor controls to user-preference would be best.

En0-
01-06-2015, 11:24 AM
I think just give option to rebind Editor controls to user-preference would be best.

That's also much more work :)