PDA

View Full Version : Any chance for pink slips?

GorillaTatics
11-05-2014, 04:37 AM
Wouldn't it be Kool to put your car on the line for another car? For people who like high stakes, and adrenaline rushes.

Gukjja
11-05-2014, 09:04 AM
That would be awesome, a 1v1 PvP playlist, where the winner takes the loser car. Make it happen Ivory Tower!

iFartzz.CD
11-05-2014, 11:20 AM
I kinda like the idea, but I can't help being a ltitle afraid of hackers and the consequence of them... And then it'd probably be abused as a way of trading cars with your friends, so while the idea is cool, there's a lot of things that could ruin it.. :/

Canned_Player
11-25-2014, 02:24 PM
pink slips just work for movies. in games or even in real life itīs very bad idea that no one will ever take it seriously.

it takes forever to setup a nice car on the crew, then you bet all the time and efforts that you invested in just ONE RACE... then you lose and what? generally people who suggest never imagine losing that great car that they spent weeks tuning.

even if we imagine that the game will have no hackers, pink slips just lead to frustration and more frustration. if you wanna race, just call me, I dont need to have your car, and to feel the adrenalin you just need to take it seriously and defeat me. I can bet races on cookies and still be competitive. I dont need to feel that Iīm losing real life money (time and efforts) to feel anything else.

NOW IF YOU WANNA REALLY LOSE SOMETHING, thereīs a way that doesnt take to frustration. Ask Ivory to make an ingame wallet which you can fill with real life money, and bet races on this money. Like 1 to 3 dollars max per race.

If you wanna bet 3 races for 1 dollar, you wont miss much.

Moffster
11-25-2014, 09:31 PM
NOW IF YOU WANNA REALLY LOSE SOMETHING, thereīs a way that doesnt take to frustration. Ask Ivory to make an ingame wallet which you can fill with real life money, and bet races on this money. Like 1 to 3 dollars max per race.

What will you do when you won several races and have like $ 60 in your wallet? Exchange it for another game from ubisoft? lol

I think the faction missions will be satisfactory enough for people who like to see themselves climbing the ladders of the community.

NEET_Ludamister
11-26-2014, 05:00 AM
pink slips just work for movies. in games or even in real life itīs very bad idea that no one will ever take it seriously.

it takes forever to setup a nice car on the crew, then you bet all the time and efforts that you invested in just ONE RACE... then you lose and what? generally people who suggest never imagine losing that great car that they spent weeks tuning.

even if we imagine that the game will have no hackers, pink slips just lead to frustration and more frustration. if you wanna race, just call me, I dont need to have your car, and to feel the adrenalin you just need to take it seriously and defeat me. I can bet races on cookies and still be competitive. I dont need to feel that Iīm losing real life money (time and efforts) to feel anything else.

I come from the only other MMO Racing game on the market called Drift City. A long time ago, you used to be able to race for parts. Each week there was a Channel Battle where you race for channels or districts. If you are defending a "major" channel and a crew attacks you, if they lose the attack, they have to forfeit a random part.

I'd love for this feature to come in for some hardcore, heavy pvp.

Grim_Xv
11-26-2014, 07:19 AM
What will you do when you won several races and have like $ 60 in your wallet? Exchange it for another game from ubisoft? lol

I think the faction missions will be satisfactory enough for people who like to see themselves climbing the ladders of the community.

OR.....they could have the wallet linked to a pay-pal account. Now that being said, you still run into the issue of hackers and it would most likely result in promoting hacking to make a few quick bucks. But it would be really cool if they had a beast enough shield to prevent hacking =\.

Natchai_Ubisoft
11-26-2014, 10:54 AM
OR.....they could have the wallet linked to a pay-pal account. Now that being said, you still run into the issue of hackers and it would most likely result in promoting hacking to make a few quick bucks. But it would be really cool if they had a beast enough shield to prevent hacking =\.

that would fall under gambling laws...and that's not happening.

NEET_Ludamister
11-26-2014, 03:48 PM
that would fall under gambling laws...and that's not happening.

If you ever actually start to include crew/guild/clan pvp and what not, consider the pink slips but for parts. Imagine Crews taking up certain tracks as they're on. You can challenge them on that track. If you lose, you have to forfeit a part to them that's randomly chosen.

And let's be honest, it was already easy to earn gold parts in the lower levels. Even if you lose a platinum, you can just farm to re-earn it. Then you're back for a vengeance. Would make competitive gameplay fun.

Of course. Just make it where only a few tracks are like that or areas.

The rest, if you lose, you just lose.

Canned_Player
11-26-2014, 05:31 PM
I agree VERY MUCH on the idea of having factions where you could enter on one of your choice, then you can battle for a week to hold some areas, then get benefits as cheaper parts, better drops and stuff.

That would be really cool, and would make the world more alive. Even single player stories can come out of that to increase the worldīs history. BUT I dont think itīs going to happen. That would demand work, supervising, and companies today prefer to say that the best and most evolved idea is the one that let players rule the world and make it a huge sandbox.

... except that they dont tell you that by doing that the world becomes lifeless, because nothing will ever change if you decide to pause the game for a month. Everything will be there just as before.

Players can only interact among themselves, without any power to influence or change any aspect of the ingameīs world, unless you set up a live background that runs and takes itīs own decisions, sometimes influenced by players, sometimes not. And iīve only seen that in one game or 2... I just can remember EVE online right now, no one else.