PDA

View Full Version : ACIII: Connor stuck - Help?

strigoi1958
11-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Posted for piano14

Bug on a ACIII

Sorry, I'm new on this forum. I know it's not the good place to ask my question but I can't find the way to create a topic.
I've a little problem, I've ACIII for one year and until yet there wasn't any problem but since two or three weeks I have a really borring bug... Connor is like frozen in the frontier. It's strange because in the loading menu I can move him and if I try to restart a mission in the city of New York for example he can move.
So I would know if someone can help me because I'm searching an answer since a long time and I'd like to play ACIII again.
Thx for your answers

and for piano14 this is the button on the previous page to start a thread... hope it helps and welcome to the forum. :D

http://i60.tinypic.com/2edwec8.jpg

YazX_
11-05-2014, 12:31 AM
Hi Piano and welcome to the forums,

Please try to delete Assassin3.ini located inside this folder:

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\Documents\Assassin's Creed III

Note, all graphics and buttons mappings will be reset to defaults and the game will create a new file once you launch it. However, take a backup of the file before deleting it just as a precaution measurement.

And also make sure you disconnect any Input/Output devices like Controllers, Pen devices, Webcam,..... except Keyboard and mouse.

Piano14
11-06-2014, 01:15 AM
Unfortunately it didn't fix the bug :( do you have some other ideas ?

YazX_
11-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Unfortunately it didn't fix the bug :( do you have some other ideas ?

Please post your system specs and latest graphics drivers version you are using, and also have you tried reinstalling the game and re-apply all patches/updates?

Piano14
11-06-2014, 09:12 PM
My config :

Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40Ghz
GT 650M (It's a gt not a gtx)
8 go RAM
W8.1

So the most important, I hope it will help you ps : Yes, I reinstalled the game with patches and uptades didn't fix the problem :(

YazX_
11-07-2014, 12:45 AM
do you have any connected devices other than K/M? if yes, disconnect them all.

have you tried to disable touchPad ??

strigoi1958
11-07-2014, 12:48 AM
have you recently updated the nvidia driver ?

Piano14
11-07-2014, 01:33 PM
I have any connected devices other than K/M, hum I uptated my drivers one month ago I will do it to try but on ACIV and the other AC I can move perfectly.

strigoi1958
11-07-2014, 02:13 PM
I asked because I had problems with AC3 which turned out to be the drivers I installed halfway through the game... if the driver was installed before you started playing then probably not a driver issue.

Are you saying that if you restart the game or fast travel to a city he can move but in the frontier it is the only place he cannot move ?

Piano14
11-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Yes :( it's really strange, I uptated my drivers and nothing :(

strigoi1958
11-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Is it only in the frontier that you cannot move Connor ? can you fast travel somewhere and he will move ? or is it when you continue the game you start in the frontier and cannot move ?

Have you tried restarting the memory or a different DNA point to replay a section through the frontier ?

Piano14
11-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Is it only in the frontier that you cannot move Connor ? can you fast travel somewhere and he will move ? or is it when you continue the game you start in the frontier and cannot move ?

Have you tried restarting the memory or a different DNA point to replay a section through the frontier ?

Yes it is only in the frontier, I can fast travel but everywhere I teleport myself it's the same. And yes when I continue the game I start in the frontier and cannot move :(
I tested to restart a memory (I could move) but not in the frontier.

YazX_
11-07-2014, 10:45 PM

Yes it is only in the frontier, I can fast travel but everywhere I teleport myself it's the same. And yes when I continue the game I start in the frontier and cannot move :(
I tested to restart a memory (I could move) but not in the frontier.

Please contact technical support, link is my sign.

Piano14
11-09-2014, 02:51 AM
I don't see the link :s

strigoi1958
11-09-2014, 03:22 AM
it says Ubisoft support just click on the words in YazX's sig :D

YazX_
11-09-2014, 09:49 AM
it says Ubisoft support just click on the words in YazX's sig :D

Indeed, or click here:

http://support.ubisoft.com/

hasznaloubi2005
11-10-2014, 10:29 PM
To: Piano 14
Welcome to the club, Piano 14. Newsflash: the AC series for PC has more bugs than the Bishop Museum. You can live with it or chuck it, Ubisoft doesn't care.
Recommendation: You can trust that strigoi1958 will give you valid and valuable advice -- if there is any to be had.

Piano14
11-13-2014, 12:32 AM
I didn't received an answer, can someone try to ask the question for me please ?