PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] What modern day should be like!

king-hailz
11-03-2014, 09:39 AM
OK so we all know that the modern day has gone.... well it hasn't but it might as well have!

What I think they should do to make it interesting is to have a separate world for the modern day!

So we have a main city inside the animus/helix like Paris where we can explore but outside the anilix we have a smaller open world about the size of versaille or maximum the size of havanna in black flag.... where we see modern day npc's walking around and we can be an assassin... but we have proper story mission's... We have targets to kill or we have to kill abstergo templars who are trying to locate us... and there could be a proper story with fun missions... but they wouldn't be too long maybe 3-5 assassination missions and a couple of other missions... and we actually see the modern day progress.

They should really do this... maybe we don't get forces out if the animus straight away like before... but we hear the voice over of Rebecca telling us we have to do something and we can press X to accept or O to deny and carry on with side missions... but we would have to do it to progress the story along... I think this would be great... It could have a totally different feeling to before and actually be a lot of fun... to see a modern section of Paris....

They did the time anomaly stuff where we see Paris in Ww2 why not in a mini modern day open world... We could use the game play too... The enemies would have pistol and they keep shooting us and we need to take cover and then chuck a smoke bomb at them and then go over to them and kill them... The new game play makes sense for that kind of combat... I just think it could be so awesome... Please take this into consideration....

The modern day was one of my favorite things of AC and when it left, A part of my love for AC was gone too!

Fatal-Feit
11-03-2014, 09:58 AM
[spoilers]

YazX_
11-03-2014, 10:05 AM
[spoilers]

indeed :)

king-hailz
11-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Sorry forgot.... After writing all that I kinda lost track and just submitted the post!

VestigialLlama4
11-03-2014, 11:11 AM
I think their approach in black flag is the best. Make it a general optional contextual thing that adds tension, relief and variety.

However I feel that the bleeding effect concept hasn't really been done justice. I think there could be potential. Like say you are an inmate in an asylum and you keep shifting in time and confuse present, past and future. I always thought subject 16 was cooler than Desmond. Maybe not him but another character in a silar thing. The goal can be same synchronize to regain sanity

RinoTheBouncer
11-03-2014, 12:08 PM
I love you, man!

Yeah, I do believe that in the next game, they should definitely make a modern day city to explore instead of the Time Anomaly, even though I like it myself, I doubt that Time Anomalies will be part of Rogue or the next game. Itís like theyíre continuously experimenting with new things and I really hope that this modern day city would be one of these things they try cause weíve had various phases for the modern day yet never have we ever had a proper place to explore and do things in. I believe they should just continuously be enlarging the map of the historical world because letís be honest, as good as it looks as an idea, it ends up being full of copy/paste buildings and NPCs, repetitive side missions, and just being expansive for the sake of it.

So I believe that if the next game is willing to be one city like Paris with itís outskirts like Versailles, they make the city along and instead of Versailles, they make a modern day map for the game, for us to explore. Since they already made a modern-looking map and called it 'Time Anomaly', they can simply do the same and make it outside of the Animus/Helix and the protagonist doesnít really have to be a very complex character. It could by a character that we create and we can import from one game to another, like Mass Effect. That would be pretty nice and it can be a different representation of ďyouĒ than a floating iPad or staring at an interface, sending and receiving emails or hacking some mediocre puzzles.

I know the majority might not care a lot about modern day, but thereís a considerable minority that does so itís ok to make a minor city for them to explore and maybe have it be the same for 2-3 games. Like if Iím an Erudito member or an Initaite or an Assassin or a normal citizen living in modern day NYC, then they can keep me for say 2-3 games and NYC will be the same. There wonít be any lack of resources and weíll perform various missions for the sake of learning more about the AC lore, knowing the modern day Assassins are up to and whatís going no with the Juno plot, Abstergo...etc. and itís the same city, the same district perhaps and we free-roam in it whenever we like and with each new game, they can create new stuff inside that city, so it wonít be very costly or unfeasible to create since itís gonna be used for multiple games and still be polished with every new game with new stuff being added to it to make it rich and original.

And I agree with the member above me. We could have a mental asylum patient who keeps suffering from the bleeding effect, so we donít need an Animus/Helix when heís basically able to snap into and out of a certain time period.

Farlander1991
11-03-2014, 12:29 PM
What people need to understand about Time Anomalies is that making those is not equal to making traditional third person modern day parts. Time anomalies as a concept allows the developers to 'cheat' in a way, and add more time periods while keeping it in proper scope - i.e. our avatar is the same and not a total new separate character, instead of adding a bunch of proper NPCs they can add some proper ones and a bunch of ghosts, they don't have to make actual car AI or anything like that (or car physics for that matter), they don't have to properly sound tons of NPCs, and one of the biggest things about the advantage of time anomalies over traditional third person modern day - they don't have to create fully voiced and scripted and whatnot complex stories, as due to the glitchiness things can be simplified a bit, unnecessary details cut. So making a modern day third person part is not equal to making time anomalies.

king-hailz
11-03-2014, 01:04 PM
What people need to understand about Time Anomalies is that making those is not equal to making traditional third person modern day parts. Time anomalies as a concept allows the developers to 'cheat' in a way, and add more time periods while keeping it in proper scope - i.e. our avatar is the same and not a total new separate character, instead of adding a bunch of proper NPCs they can add some proper ones and a bunch of ghosts, they don't have to make actual car AI or anything like that (or car physics for that matter), they don't have to properly sound tons of NPCs, and one of the biggest things about the advantage of time anomalies over traditional third person modern day - they don't have to create fully voiced and scripted and whatnot complex stories, as due to the glitchiness things can be simplified a bit, unnecessary details cut. So making a modern day third person part is not equal to making time anomalies.

I know it's nothing like third person modern day... its not in the modern day and it has no story to it... its like the digital trips in watch dogs or those missions in far cry 3 where you have to beat your friends score...

I love you too man!

I so want that to happen! I really do... but I would like to have a main character that has a good personality.... I would not mind at all to play as galina! So I really hope they do this... I mean it's next gen... They should be able to add car physics into the game play... and it won't be that big... and we don't really need to drive cars either... just have a nice mini city for us to explore and have stories to it......

It should be like the size of freedom cry... that size city that length for the modern day... With a meaningful story that progresses and doesn't leave us like... 'ok, time to hope the next ac does something with the modern day!' Everybody wanted to see what was gonna happen after juno was released to the world... and Desmond did the right thing killing himself.... I mean she can't do anything... she is so weak! The world is fine... no one needs to stop her because she can't do anything....

Imagine after ac3 juno took over the world and we were a bunch of assassins in a hideout trying to find the koh i noor to destroy juno or something like that!

TheArcaneEagle
11-03-2014, 06:30 PM
That idea of an asylum inmate is not a bad idea. I could see it happening. It would be a great introduction to perhaps a new storyline of MD with a new character.

JustPlainQuirky
11-03-2014, 06:34 PM
OK so we all know that the modern day has gone

http://i.imgur.com/MQ3vOjC.gif

Hans684
11-03-2014, 06:55 PM
I'm not going to repeat myself but Initiates should have more than a site. Things like YouTube etc...

Namikaze_17
11-03-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm not going to repeat myself but Initiates should have more than a site. Things like YouTube etc...

And people like Mayrice will stab you in your sleep for suggesting that. :rolleyes:

Hans684
11-03-2014, 07:19 PM
And people like Mayrice will stab you in your sleep for suggesting that. :rolleyes:

Maybe, but that would make her a traitor. :rolleyes:

It's just that it has potential, what I'm saying is Initiates can have it's own YouTube channel with leaked documents, videos and audio files of things that's happening during MD. They can even pull of a Watch_Dogs by having it showing "live" events from a camera perspective.

Namikaze_17
11-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Maybe, but that would make her a traitor. :rolleyes:

It's just that it has potential, what I'm saying is Initiates can have it's own YouTube channel with leaked documents, videos and audio files of things that's happening during MD. They can even pull of a Watch_Dogs by having it showing "live" events from a camera perspective.

I could dig it...

I don't hate initiates btw.

I just laugh at the dislike/hate it gets here.

Hans684
11-03-2014, 08:06 PM
I could dig it...

I don't hate initiates btw.

I just laugh at the dislike/hate it gets here.

But it will never happen, sadly.

Nor I, just want to unlock potential. Unless a Initiates blocks that to :rolleyes:

That I understand.

Namikaze_17
11-03-2014, 08:15 PM
But it will never happen, sadly.

Nor I, just want to unlock potential. Unless a Initiates blocks that to :rolleyes:

That I understand.

Yeah, it probably won't sadly...

But we always can make the best of it. :)

king-hailz
11-03-2014, 10:40 PM
I don't hate initiates...I just hate how it us ruining the game... It could give us normal updates of the modern day storyline and hype us up for the next game... but it SHOULD NOT take the major story lines and use them and waste them on a website... when they could make awesome game play moments in the game... whereas in the game the modern day storyline is worse than many story lines on initiates...

XPandaHunterX
11-06-2014, 04:33 AM
As it is clear that Ubisoft really has no idea what direction they want to take Modern Day (As evidenced by 3's ending, 4, and the Unity ModernDay leaks) can I suggest that they straight up rip off Mirror's edge?

It is understandable that some fans might be put off from the idea because of the hit-or-miss animus journey in Revelations, but check out this trailer for the new mirror's edge, and tell me that this wouldn't be the best innovation for the franchise since AC3's Naval: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oWi2vl0GaY

There are sooo many ways they could take it. My personal favorite would be for the new modern-day protagonist to be some sort of courier who is given a package to deliver from the Assassin's as some sort of "under the radar" delivery and slowly becomes caught in the web of conspiracy that surrounds the Assassins Templar war.

I mean, yearly releases and all, it would make sense to at least try something different, right?

To add to this, EA is attempting to re-tool mirror's edge into being a huge next-gen title. Adding their own version of this kind of gameplay to the marketplace makes economic sense for Ubisoft.

LoyalACFan
11-06-2014, 04:42 AM
Like Farlander said, it's a HUGE amount of work, and IMO it's simply too much for not enough gain. Making a full, 3D modern component that's completely independent of the historical one is essentially making two games in one. This is why the modern parts of AC3 sucked; they couldn't be bothered to create entirely new mechanics for content that you'll spend MAYBE 5% of your play time on, so they had Desmond facing off against denizens of modern, armed security guards who fight like 18th-century infantrymen, and Desmond moves and fights exactly like his great-great-great-great-grandfather (though I guess they had a built-in excuse for that particular quirk with the bleeding effect).

The only way I can see us getting a full, complete, 3D, protagonist-oriented modern day element is if they just copy/paste Watch_Dogs code over into the next game :p

king-hailz
11-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Like Farlander said, it's a HUGE amount of work, and IMO it's simply too much for not enough gain. Making a full, 3D modern component that's completely independent of the historical one is essentially making two games in one. This is why the modern parts of AC3 sucked; they couldn't be bothered to create entirely new mechanics for content that you'll spend MAYBE 5% of your play time on, so they had Desmond facing off against denizens of modern, armed security guards who fight like 18th-century infantrymen, and Desmond moves and fights exactly like his great-great-great-great-grandfather (though I guess they had a built-in excuse for that particular quirk with the bleeding effect).

The only way I can see us getting a full, complete, 3D, protagonist-oriented modern day element is if they just copy/paste Watch_Dogs code over into the next game :p

well... if they can have machine guns shot at us... why cant they have people with fast guns shooting at us while we cover... and then chuck a smoke bomb at them and then kill them... it could work well with the unity...

Funkinhouser
11-06-2014, 09:22 AM

heehee indeed :cool:

pirate1802
11-06-2014, 09:36 AM
well... if they can have machine guns shot at us... why cant they have people with fast guns shooting at us while we cover... and then chuck a smoke bomb at them and then kill them... it could work well with the unity...

Why would you do that when you could just stand back and blow their heads off with a silenced sniper rifle, like actual modern assassins do. That's the problem see, typical AC-style close quarter engagement is more suited to older periods when they didn't have better ways of disposing people. Doing that in modern times would look as stupid as Abstergo guards fighting with 18th-century techniques. And when you do not want it to look stupid you end up with something not remotely resembling AC, or resembling other games too closely (Splinter Cell, GTA)

andrew_m50
11-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Now, that's it! You have the point!
It is a BIG shame that Ubisoft talks about time, money, research etc. needed for creating a present day world while they have already made this...and it is called Chicago in Watch_Dogs. Let's take it and put it in AC in a more-or-less simplified version! Why not? If they can implement - for example - the animation of skinning from ACIII into Far Cry 3 (or vice versa, I don't know which game came earlier), then why don't they do the same with an entire city? As I said: in simplified version because obviously Watch_Dogs' Chicago is more complex.
But I know the answer: the only thing Ubisoft wants is to take the last cent out of our pocket with making more and more AC games with less and less content and story. They just fill our mouth with new time periods we want and say shut up to us.
This is a big shame.