PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity Bullshots VS Real In-game screenshots!

king-hailz
11-01-2014, 07:24 PM
**REMOVED**

Not hating just showing that they should stop using bullshots they are not a real representation of the game! The game looks beautiful anyway!

m4r-k7
11-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Every game does it.

They are comparing some stuff to the reveal trailer which is absolutely ridiculous.

The end. Man can everyone stop talking about graphics nowwww pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Megas_Doux
11-01-2014, 07:28 PM
I have seen PS4 gameplay videos in which Unity lookss WAY better than AC IV in a high end PC..........Graphics dont worry me this time.

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Looks good either way.

I mean it won't age well. It'll look terrible in 10 years.

But for current gen it's rly good.

TheArcaneEagle
11-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Bullshots are obviously going to look like that. They've been polished to make it look good. Its just marketing and shouldn't be representative of the final game.

A good example:

Bullshot

http://i.neoseeker.com/p/Games/Playstation_2/Action/Automobile/getaway_profilelarge.jpg

Real Game

http://www.futuregamez.net/ps2games/getaway/getaway2.jpg

Look at the buildings in particular.

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 08:23 PM
I really hate how almost every revealed screenshot is a very well planned one that it shows you something you can never see i the game. I mean they show a lot of details but in reality, you can’t see that cause the camera is miles away from you and it all goes so fast that not even close ups look that good. Not saying this to hate on Unity, I’m just saying that the promotional material should be more representative of what the game really looks like.

Many new-comers to any game/franchise wanna see how the game will really look like and such screenshots are very misleading.

Wolfmeister1010
11-01-2014, 09:06 PM
WHAT PEOPLE DONT REALIZE

Is that the lighting system is unlike anything we have seen before..its REALISTIC.

There are parts of the game where there is lots of mist and sunlight creating beautiful shadows and whatnot. Then there are times where it is very overcast and clear, with no visible shadows from buildings or people as a result...and people say it looks worse.

Not to mention that these comparisons are taken in COMPLETELY different places..

not to mention that AC game screens are ALWAYS taken at down sampled 4k, so anyone trying to use that in comparison with 900p to make a point is completely stupid.

Can we PLEASE stop with this? OP, not towards you I realize you just posted this for convo purpose but still, lets end it here.

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 09:41 PM
WHAT PEOPLE DONT REALIZE

Is that the lighting system is unlike anything we have seen before..its REALISTIC.

There are parts of the game where there is lots of mist and sunlight creating beautiful shadows and whatnot. Then there are times where it is very overcast and clear, with no visible shadows from buildings or people as a result...and people say it looks worse.

Not to mention that these comparisons are taken in COMPLETELY different places..

not to mention that AC game screens are ALWAYS taken at down sampled 4k, so anyone trying to use that in comparison with 900p to make a point is completely stupid.

Can we PLEASE stop with this? OP, not towards you I realize you just posted this for convo purpose but still, lets end it here.

And why do they do that? If you can’t present something in 4K, why promote it with 4K imagery? like this is exactly the point of my post here. If you can’t offer something, don’t promote it. If your product is not gonna look like the shots you’re spreading around, then don’t spread those shots around. There’s a huge difference between CGI trailers/Renders for promotional purposes of the game’s atmosphere and setting, and showing screenshots of what makes you think that this is what the game will look like except that the game doesn’t really look like it and we hear justifications like “this was from a PC version” or “this is taken in 4K”...etc.

oliacr
11-01-2014, 09:45 PM
And why do they do that? If you can’t present something in 4K, why promote it with 4K imagery? like this is exactly the point of my post here. If you can’t offer something, don’t promote it. If your product is not gonna look like the shots you’re spreading around, then don’t spread those shots around. There’s a huge different between CGI trailers/Renders and showing screenshots of what makes you think that this is what the game will look like except that the game doesn’t really look like it and we hear justifications like “this was from a PC version” or “this is taken in 4K”...etc.

Well said. Agreed.

I-Like-Pie45
11-01-2014, 09:48 PM
rockstar already did it

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Well said. Agreed.

Much appreciated :D

Megas_Doux
11-01-2014, 09:59 PM
And why do they do that? If you can’t present something in 4K, why promote it with 4K imagery? like this is exactly the point of my post here. If you can’t offer something, don’t promote it. If your product is not gonna look like the shots you’re spreading around, then don’t spread those shots around. There’s a huge difference between CGI trailers/Renders for promotional purposes of the game’s atmosphere and setting, and showing screenshots of what makes you think that this is what the game will look like except that the game doesn’t really look like it and we hear justifications like “this was from a PC version” or “this is taken in 4K”...etc.

As I said in the Unity thread, Ubi is not the only company that does it, yet it seems like it.....

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/2871/vsfd.jpg

Wolfmeister1010
11-01-2014, 10:01 PM

They promote their games in shots as the best they can get...which is 4k.

Anyone who thinks their games will ever look as good as their screenshots are either idiots or rich as hell

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 10:03 PM
They promote their games in shots as the best they can get...which is 4k.

Anyone who thinks their games will ever look as good as their screenshots are either idiots or rich as hell

I don’t think they’re as idiotic as falsely promoting something. If your game can’t exceed 1080p, don’t promote it with shots taken from super computer versions and 4K resolutions that will never see the light of day. It’s simple as that. Don’t promote what you cannot offer. It’s not “promoting the best they can”, it’s “fooling people the best way they can” and it’s not just Ubisoft.

Many people don’t really understand the stuff that you and I and others like us here do. Many just go on a website, see screenshots, get excited, pre-order the game and then get disappointed by the outcome and how the game shown in pics isn’t the game playing on their consoles and you can’t blame them because they really don’t need to know what goes on in the Game Development industry to be able to play a video game.

Those things are made to create a false hype. Plain and simple. It’s like showing a First Person game in 3rd person screenshots.

As I said in the Unity thread, Ubi is not the only company that does it, yet it seems like it.....

Oh I meant it in general. Not just Ubisoft. It’s equally wrong everywhere.

oliacr
11-01-2014, 10:15 PM
I don’t think they’re as idiotic as falsely promoting something. If your game can’t exceed 1080p, don’t promote it with shots taken from super computer versions and 4K resolutions that will never see the light of day. It’s simple as that. Don’t promote what you cannot offer. It’s not “promoting the best they can”, it’s “fooling people the best way they can” and it’s not just Ubisoft.

Many people don’t really understand the stuff that you and I and others like us here do. Many just go on a website, see screenshots, get excited, pre-order the game and then get disappointed by the outcome and how the game shown in pics isn’t the game playing on their consoles and you can’t blame them because they really don’t need to know what goes on in the Game Development industry to be able to play a video game.

Those things are made to create a false hype. Plan and simple. It’s like showing a First Person game in 3rd person screenshots.

Well said. Again. !!! :)

Wolfmeister1010
11-01-2014, 10:22 PM

Those things are made to create a false hype. Plan and simple. It’s like showing a First Person game in 3rd person screenshots.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to defend Ubisoft. But nor am I trying to criticize them in this regard.

It is wrong to say that that quality will never see the light of day, because..well there are some people who can reach that quality. Maybe.

But I do agree that game screenshots should be more near 1080p, the resolution most people on consoles and pc play at

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Well said. Again. !!! :)

Thank you, again :)

I mean why should anyone be given the impression that they’ll be able to see even the freckles and the pores on the face of the characters when that isn’t going to happen? it’s not like creating a beautiful banner for something to grab attention, it’s like writing a set of non-existent features on that banner and then expecting people to understand why these things do not exist in the final product.

I believe even if normal screenshots don’t impress as much as bullshots, they’ll still be honest and more appreciated by the customer and when people actually play they game, they’ll be impressed by it without having so many high expectations BECAUSE OF exaggerated quality in promotional imagery and then be called idiots for believing it.

Wolfmeister1010
11-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Thank you, again :)

I mean why should anyone be given the impression that they’ll be able to see even the freckles and the pores on the face of the characters when that isn’t going to happen? it’s not like creating a beautiful banner for something to grab attention, it’s like writing a set of non-existent features on that banner and then expecting people to understand why these things do not exist in the final product.

I believe even if normal screenshots don’t impress as much as bullshots, they’ll still be honest and more appreciated by the customer and when people actually play they game, they’ll be impressed by it without having so many high expectations BECAUSE OF exaggerated quality in promotional imagery and then be called idiots for believing it.

this is true

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to defend Ubisoft. But nor am I trying to criticize them in this regard.

It is wrong to say that that quality will never see the light of day, because..well there are some people who can reach that quality. Maybe.

But I do agree that game screenshots should be more near 1080p, the resolution most people on consoles and pc play at

Yeah. I don’t mean Ubisoft only. It’s a well known problem with almost all video games, unfortunately. I know that PC users can reach that high quality, but when you promote a game whose major customers will get it on consoles, it’s better to show the quality that will be experienced on their systems and if more than that can be achieved elsewhere, that would be a great extra feature.

iambladers
11-01-2014, 11:28 PM
I warned you ppl. i did.
now what do you have here huh?
pls don't complain.

yes this is disgusting but why act surprised? can't say i didn't tell your so.
plus this is only the beginning. when its side by side compared with the reveal is upload
then the true horror and depth of the downgrade will be known

this game has no time of day.
no shadows.
lod texture quality is shetty.
face quality is disgusting.
lightening has been gutted.
textures has been more than 50% reduced.

this game graphically is a joke.

watch dogs was only the beginning.
and now people are telling us we must swallow this and give ubisoft all our money.
hell nah, u can but i won't. i refuse to be apart of the establishment and be bambozzled.

yeah go give your money to ubi. pre-order on their e3 announcement trailer like they want you too and then wait while they downgrade your next pre-ordered lineup of games, r6 and the division.

GoldenBoy9999
11-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Huh, a lot of these leaked images have Arno wearing a basic white shirt. It's like when AC4 was leaking Edward was wearing Duncan's outfit a lot.

Wolfmeister1010
11-01-2014, 11:33 PM
I warned you ppl. i did.
now what do you have here huh?
pls don't complain.

yes this is disgusting but why act surprised? can't say i didn't tell your so.
plus this is only the beginning. when its side by side compared with the reveal is upload
then the true horror and depth of the downgrade will be known

this game has no time of day.
no shadows.
lod texture quality is shetty.
face quality is disgusting.
lightening has been gutted.
textures has been more than 50% reduced.

this game graphically is a joke.

watch dogs was only the beginning.
and now people are telling us we must swallow this and give ubisoft all our money.
hell nah, u can but i won't. i refuse to be apart of the establishment and be bambozzled.

yeah go give your money to ubi. pre-order on their e3 announcement trailer like they want you too and then wait while you downgrade their next lineup of games, r6 and the division.

lol

Bigodon
11-01-2014, 11:54 PM
i knew they are unable to reach any near from this bullshots
but this game looks an awful disaster

watch dogs was downgraded to death, but its not too blurry and has some great assets
now acu every new screen i see, i get way more fustrated and disapointed, what the hell happened to this game?

i read in gaf that guy who give us a "PR damage control" response to **** storm that happened, he blames ps4 share function
man, never... ever fckng never ps4 share compress screens like this
watch dogs doesn't look like ****ty like this in my ss, bf4 is 900p too and don't look that blurry in my screens, even if i upload it to twitter or facebook...
this is sad

KG_NOx
11-02-2014, 12:42 AM
I can't really imagine how people outside this forum are complaning with this stupid comparison, REALLY!! there's a screenshot of a CGI trailer x in-game footage (there's some strong weed right there)

SixKeys
11-02-2014, 02:01 AM
I can't really imagine how people outside this forum are complaning with this stupid comparison, REALLY!! there's a screenshot of a CGI trailer x in-game footage (there's some strong weed right there)

Right? It's like comparing footage from a movie and then pitting it against its licensed video game counterpart. "OMG, these two don't look the same!" Ya think?

So many screenshots are from completely different scenes too, I don't know what they're trying to prove. You have one screenshot from an early, pre-rendered CGI trailer, next to a shot of Arno standing on a rooftop with completely different lighting, different time of day, different part of the city, different clothes etc.

KG_NOx
11-02-2014, 02:06 AM
Right? It's like comparing footage from a movie and then pitting it against its licensed video game counterpart. "OMG, these two don't look the same!" Ya think?

So many screenshots are from completely different scenes too, I don't know what they're trying to prove. You have one screenshot from an early, pre-rendered CGI trailer, next to a shot of Arno standing on a rooftop with completely different lighting, different time of day, different part of the city, different clothes etc.

God i need a drink

Goodfella112
11-02-2014, 04:32 AM
The downgrade is not pleasing at all. Very telling.

Layytez
11-02-2014, 05:20 AM
Man...
http://i.imgur.com/yFrs0xA.jpg

naumaan
11-02-2014, 01:35 PM
if thats the case ... why bother increasing minimum requirements for it for pc ... i had to cancel my pre order and now after this downgrade .. thinking to buy again .. :(

MakimotoJin
11-02-2014, 04:48 PM
I really don't care if the graphics have been downgraded,seems pretty either way.
But then again,I won't be able to buy this game =(

SlyTrooper
11-02-2014, 05:34 PM
I never believe what screenshots are showing; I only look at them to see what it looks like with its art style. I only ever use gameplay to judge.

Before you say that the demos we see are running on a really good computer, just note that my computer is the biggest piece of sh*t ever made in human history. Every video I watch is in 480p. So everytime I get a new game, it looks a lot better than I was expecting. Problem solved. :)

topeira1980
11-02-2014, 07:03 PM
i dont get the panic over the screenshots from the PS4. we've all seen at least 5 trailers in the past month or two and THATS how the game's gonna look. if it looks bad in the SS than that's the SS's fault. the game will look as good as you've seen it in the past videos.

how come we've seen dozens over dozens of moving scenes from the game and now ppl are going mental over a dozen or so static screenshots when we all saw the game looks better in gameplay. no one complained about a downgrade and that the game looks like poop one week ago. what changed? it still looks the same!

besides in SS you can zoom on parts so you can spot all the nice pixels, scrutinize for hours over every little detail that goes wrong and then b$tch about it. when the game is in motion things looks differently. its so much harder to spot the faults simple because one frame afterward the fault is corrected, even if another pops up for a frame or two. it's like that in every game.
yes, textures could have been better, perhaps, if the game ran at 1080 like AC:BF but ACBG didnt have indoors-outdoors, massive crowds and such nice lighting. it's a trade off. accept the upgrades and not just complain about the downgrades.

i dont argue that it isnt annoying and upsetting seeing screenshots at the beginning and then seeing the game doesnt look AS good but SSs never look as good as the final product (as i just said) so obviously companies try to represent the impression that game gives you in motion but in screenshots, so they direct and downscale to show all the best details in one frame, while the game provides the details over a few frames in motion, or show the game in it's best light, even if that light only shines through a beefed up PC.
did you really believe the game will look like THIS
http://www.thexboxhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ACU_Screenshot_LuxembourgRiot.jpg
this image is insanely huge. it's a great concept for the game with all the in-game assets but it isnt surprising the game doesnt run in 4K.

I'd prefer not to be fooled by overly pretty SS but i dont believe SS. i believe videos shown a couple of months before release and the ACU videos im seeing, even if these are on consoles and not on my rig of choice - the PC, i still see a beautiful game. not as amazing as the hyper sharp screenshots but still gorgeous.