PDA

View Full Version : Probably a silly question...

copilot666
01-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Hi all, I'm sure there is an answer to this that I've missed, but every time I fly a mission I get the most bizarre course orders - and when i follow them (even if they are in the opposite direction to the rest of my group) I get shouted at - and when i ignore them and follow the other planes I get shouted at. Presumably the directions are for the lead plane only, but even then they are a bit odd sometimes.
Also, when flying to a target, I'll try to keep in a formation - but then the others will randomly peel off and fly around in a circle. is this a standard thing, trying to gain height and stay behind the bombers - or is it because I've messed up the formation?
Cheers

copilot666
01-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Hi all, I'm sure there is an answer to this that I've missed, but every time I fly a mission I get the most bizarre course orders - and when i follow them (even if they are in the opposite direction to the rest of my group) I get shouted at - and when i ignore them and follow the other planes I get shouted at. Presumably the directions are for the lead plane only, but even then they are a bit odd sometimes.
Also, when flying to a target, I'll try to keep in a formation - but then the others will randomly peel off and fly around in a circle. is this a standard thing, trying to gain height and stay behind the bombers - or is it because I've messed up the formation?
Cheers

p1ngu666
01-08-2004, 11:06 AM
headings are often 180 degrees wrong, and i just give up, and use autopilot till i get to the action http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
01-08-2004, 11:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by copilot666:
Cheers<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

a. I suspect that there are several flights in the air and you are seeing general traffic - not the instructions from your actual flight leader. Not so easy to work out what is going on, I admit.

b. Fighters will 'sweep' near to the bombers - it's something you will have to get used to. Either that, or press A for autopilot while you fetch a beer. By the time you have poured a decent pint, you are usually in the middle of some action.

Cheers,
Norris

================================================== ==========

: Chris Morris - Blue Jam : http://cabinessence.cream.org/

More irreverence:
http://www.tvgohome.com/

BpGemini
01-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Don't pay too much attention to them.
Just follow the way points and complete the mission.

http://www.blitzpigs.com/forum/images/avatars/bp_geminiCombined.gif

Fennec_P
01-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Shoot down the leader.

AirBot
01-08-2004, 02:06 PM
The thing with IL-2 is that all the flights in-game use the same radio frequency. Add to that the fact that not one of them bothers to identify himself, and you've got a recipe for confusion.
What you are hearing could be any one of the many flights in the air at the same time as you. So basically, these vectors are useless. Just follow the leader.

jazman777
01-08-2004, 02:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
b. Fighters will 'sweep' near to the bombers - it's something you will have to get used to. Either that, or press A for autopilot while you fetch a beer. By the time you have poured a decent pint, you are usually in the middle of some action.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
In the game, or extraneous to it?

---
Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under - H. L. Mencken