PDA

View Full Version : E3 demos are torture to rewatch!!

EmbodyingSeven5
10-31-2014, 02:28 AM
kind of annoyed with ubisofts compulsion in assassins creed E3 demos to display content that wont be in end game. I would understand oe or two small things but just looking at this demo makes you realize how unpolished the endgame can be. lol this assassination mission for AC 3 got me so hyped....... then it wasn't even in game........ :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrklEy9ohQ&feature=player_detailpage

things like this make me wish ubi took the liberty to delay their game or take longer to add more content because some of the AC games seem shoved out the door towards the end..............

hope unity isn't the same............................. IT BETTER NOT BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAUQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pouted.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F05%2Fhairless.jpg&ei=kuVSVMnVLsy1yASo8oLYCA&psig=AFQjCNEnf_9fHSnbeTPsw9boiwapFSItYA&ust=1414805266855826

MakimotoJin
10-31-2014, 02:34 AM
That reminds me of some....you know.....Dogs.

Fatal-Feit
10-31-2014, 02:56 AM

To be fair, Watch_Dogs delivered on everything it promised AFTER the 2012 E3 demo. Beside being the greatest game in the world, of course.

Alphacos007
10-31-2014, 03:08 AM
AC4 mission from E3 was also pretty different, but the concept was the same.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-31-2014, 03:16 AM
AC4 mission from E3 was also pretty different, but the concept was the same.

yeah I think the AC 4 wasn't that bad when you compare that and the end product. the only thing they didn't add in from the demo was the interacting in hiding places and crouching between hiding places

Fatal-Feit
10-31-2014, 05:50 AM
yeah I think the AC 4 wasn't that bad when you compare that and the end product. the only thing they didn't add in from the demo was the interacting in hiding places and crouching between hiding places

Crouching, in general. Much of AC:IV's level designs seem like they were literally made for crouching. And I don't mean just the bushes, I'm talking about the way the tables, fences, supplies, and stuff were laid out. It's a shame they removed it. :(

Namikaze_17
10-31-2014, 05:59 AM
Yeah, that demo is epic.

Especially 6:36! I always cringe on how epic that would've been in the game. :(

Farlander1991
10-31-2014, 06:30 AM
Technically the game has everything, mechanically/gameplay speaking, the demo showed. That it might not be up to quality standards is another matter entirely :p

Zafar1981
10-31-2014, 09:35 AM
That's why I hate AC 3 because what they had shown us in demo like hunting quest and promises of reward was nothing only hoax. I would be happy if they shows us only those contents which are actually in the game.

Farlander1991
10-31-2014, 09:39 AM
That's why I hate AC 3 because what they had shown us in demo like hunting quest and promises of reward was nothing only hoax. I would be happy if they shows us only those contents which are actually in the game.

AC3 has got Hunting Lodges where people ask you to hunt down certain special animals.
It's got delivery requests (though without any kind of narrative to it applied like in the preview, which makes it look a lot worse).
AC3 also has got lots of side missions where people approach you to give them (Liberation missions where kids ask you to help, informants ask you to steal letters, etc., plus challenge introductions to Boston Brawlers and Thieves Guild).
And you do get different rewards for all of those, be it money or new Assassin Recruits or smth else.

So the type of content that was shown in the camp is in the final game.

Fatal-Feit
10-31-2014, 09:54 AM
^ What Farlander said.

Hunting, side quests, forts, navigation, combat, it was all there (and graphically speaking, the main game looked better). The problem was how well they were translated into the final copy. The main game was nowhere as seamless and interactive as this demo. It was also very glitchy and performed poorly on whichever platform during launch.

Zafar1981
10-31-2014, 09:57 AM
AC3 has got Hunting Lodges where people ask you to hunt down certain special animals.
It's got delivery requests (though without any kind of narrative to it applied like in the preview, which makes it look a lot worse).
AC3 also has got lots of side missions where people approach you to give them (Liberation missions where kids ask you to help, informants ask you to steal letters, etc., plus challenge introductions to Boston Brawlers and Thieves Guild).
And you do get different rewards for all of those, be it money or new Assassin Recruits or smth else.

Well lets talk what Ubisoft Montreal Creative Director Alex Hutchison promised.

Season play a huge role you can access few new area when Ice melt or you can climb on Ice and explore areas which are not accessible in summer.
Benjman Franklin would be the next de Vinci.
You will see random events where animals are eating dead men/ Brit solders.

Now tell me are they in the final game.

Fatal-Feit
10-31-2014, 10:05 AM
That was never a promise. In an interview, they explained that he would NOT be the next Da Vinci due to the fact that he's a discoverer, not an inventor.

Anyways, off-topic. This is about E3 demos.

Farlander1991
10-31-2014, 10:10 AM
Well lets talk what Ubisoft Montreal Creative Director Alex Hutchison promised.

Season play a huge role you can access few new area when Ice melt or you can climb on Ice and explore areas which are not accessible in summer.
You will see random events where animals are eating dead men/ Brit solders.

Now tell me are they in the final game.

We were talking about what was shown in the E3 demo, and you suddenly start talking about promises that were made in interviews long before that?
All the stuff about seasons with ice melting and stuff, experiencing the New York fire, canoes, was said very close to the game reveal and long before the E3 demo. At that point in time developers didn't think they would have to cut it, but, hey, **** happens in game development.
Also, Franklin was never promised to be the next da Vinci, he was promised to be the opposite.
And regarding random events where animals are eating dead men/Brit soldiers - that's in the game. What other random events were promised? I know of battles occurring in the world, but once again that was promised long before the E3 demo. They didn't talk about stuff like that close to E3 or after it.

topeira1980
10-31-2014, 10:18 AM
kind of annoyed with ubisofts compulsion in assassins creed E3 demos to display content that wont be in end game. I would understand oe or two small things but just looking at this demo makes you realize how unpolished the endgame can be. lol this assassination mission for AC 3 got me so hyped....... then it wasn't even in game........ :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrklEy9ohQ&feature=player_detailpage

things like this make me wish ubi took the liberty to delay their game or take longer to add more content because some of the AC games seem shoved out the door towards the end..............

hope unity isn't the same............................. IT BETTER NOT BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAUQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pouted.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F05%2Fhairless.jpg&ei=kuVSVMnVLsy1yASo8oLYCA&psig=AFQjCNEnf_9fHSnbeTPsw9boiwapFSItYA&ust=1414805266855826

AC3 in the demo looks exactly like AC3 looked eventually in terms of gameplay and graphics. yea, they creatd a mission to show off all elements of gameplay strung together, but that's the point of a demo in E3 - to show as much as possible from the gameplay potential in one seamless way.

the UNITY co-op demo where they had to kill the aristocrat is also not a part of the full game, i assume. the only 4 players co-op missions in ACU are the heist missions and that mission wasnt a heist. but it allowed them to show outdoors to indoors trantisions, coop play, combat, stealth and cinematic flair. mission accomplished.

and i think that all of WD's videos , and even the original 2012 showing, were really really close to the final game. yeah, 2012 had better graphics but a marginal difference, but overall they didnt show anything that didnt make it into the game, IIRC. it's just wjat ppl imagined that hyped them more than what the game eventually delivered. personally i wasnt at all disappointed in WD besides that it didnt have more challenging side missions, but that is not UBIs fault. it's more about what I love and what I want and i dont expect devs to predict that.

Farlander1991
10-31-2014, 10:20 AM
the only 4 players co-op missions in ACU are the heist missions and that mission wasnt a heist.

Not true, there are 4 players Brotherhood missions as well (it was just that the press event demo featured a two-player Brotherhood co-op).

Fatal-Feit
10-31-2014, 10:36 AM
AC3 in the demo looks exactly like AC3 looked eventually in terms of gameplay and graphics. yea, they creatd a mission to show off all elements of gameplay strung together, but that's the point of a demo in E3 - to show as much as possible from the gameplay potential in one seamless way.

the UNITY co-op demo where they had to kill the aristocrat is also not a part of the full game, i assume. the only 4 players co-op missions in ACU are the heist missions and that mission wasnt a heist. but it allowed them to show outdoors to indoors trantisions, coop play, combat, stealth and cinematic flair. mission accomplished.

and i think that all of WD's videos , and even the original 2012 showing, were really really close to the final game. yeah, 2012 had better graphics but a marginal difference, but overall they didnt show anything that didnt make it into the game, IIRC. it's just wjat ppl imagined that hyped them more than what the game eventually delivered. personally i wasnt at all disappointed in WD besides that it didnt have more challenging side missions, but that is not UBIs fault. it's more about what I love and what I want and i dont expect devs to predict that.

I agree.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDlEwUP7lps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pIw4M4_ufI

Neither of the main games were as gorgeous, seamless, and interactive as their E3 demos, however, they were still well received.

Farlander1991
10-31-2014, 10:43 AM
Speaking of AC2 E3 demo, flying on Leonardo's machine through fireworks is so much more awesome (and, ironically enough, stealthier since a lone flying object is easier to notice) than without them, I wish it would be like that in the final version.

oliacr
10-31-2014, 11:05 AM
Make a mission like in Revelations where you start from the end of the cinematic trailer. I loved that.

m4r-k7
10-31-2014, 01:56 PM
Everything in the Unity E3 demo seems to be in the final product. The only thing that might not be in there are the "quest logs" where you can stack quests. I only say that as Ihavn't heard or seen anything about them since they were talking about it at E3. But that doesn't bother me much, this isn't an RPG

GoldenBoy9999
10-31-2014, 02:07 PM
OP, you almost brought me to tears. You've reminded me how excited I was after seeing this trailer. If you think about it, a lot of that stuff was in the game but it just wasn't as seamless and enjoyable as it looked in the trailer. AC3 was all I ever wanted in a game and is one of the reasons I want a Connor sequel.

MnemonicSyntax
10-31-2014, 03:29 PM
I agree.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDlEwUP7lps

Neither of the main games were as gorgeous, seamless, and interactive as their E3 demos, however, they were still well received.

What's so odd is that they kept some new blending animations and took out others, when all of them were pretty awesome.

For example, the crouching by the fire in the mission is still there, and if you stand with drunk pirates, Eddie acts drunk himself. But the new bench blending animation is gone, as was Connor's handwaving as he "talked" with people in a crowd.

Farlander1991
10-31-2014, 03:34 PM
But the new bench blending animation is gone, as was Connor's handwaving as he "talked" with people in a crowd.

That's in AC3, I've seen Connor handwave lots of times.

m4r-k7
10-31-2014, 03:37 PM
I just hope small parkour moves like this

http://media.giphy.com/media/CFUWy4uZxFXqw/giphy.gif

are still in the game as I havn't seen any cool parkour moves since E3 with that epic notre dame leap and they havnt shown whether you can take this stance at any time:

https://38.media.tumblr.com/d4db2541faba795082969f54e3601ec7/tumblr_n6x26uRvW91s1o4ako2_500.gif

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-31-2014, 03:39 PM
OP, you almost brought me to tears. You've reminded me how excited I was after seeing this trailer. If you think about it, a lot of that stuff was in the game but it just wasn't as seamless and enjoyable as it looked in the trailer. AC3 was all I ever wanted in a game and is one of the reasons I want a Connor sequel.

^ Agreed.

Ah yes, that E3 trailer.

Thank goodness I didn't watch that until after I played the game myself, therefore it didn't feel as disappointing.

But still, I believe the game still delivered some of the content shown.

Even though it was not in the way shown in the trailer.

Every game has its flaws, but I still think AC3 did a great job nonetheless.

I believe I saw that in-game too.

But one I really wanted to see was when Connor was walking amongst the crowd and he put his hand to his face, looking away while the guards were looking for him.

Wasn't in the E3 trailer, but it was in one of the "Making of" videos.

MnemonicSyntax
10-31-2014, 03:57 PM

No, I meant it's gone from 4 but was present in 3. Boy did I word that wrong!

MnemonicSyntax
10-31-2014, 03:58 PM
But one I really wanted to see was when Connor was walking amongst the crowd and he put his hand to his face, looking away while the guards were looking for him.

Wasn't in the E3 trailer, but it was in one of the "Making of" videos.

He's done that a few times for me. Not very often though, I couldn't tell you the parameters to make it work either, but I know he was wanted.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-31-2014, 06:55 PM

just wish they would take extra time to ensure the seamlessness we saw would appear in game. this goes for all AC titles

EmbodyingSeven5
10-31-2014, 06:58 PM

it just wasn't as fun or seamless as it was displayed to be

EmbodyingSeven5
10-31-2014, 06:59 PM

are still in the game as I havn't seen any cool parkour moves since E3 with that epic notre dame leap and they havnt shown whether you can take this stance at any time:

https://38.media.tumblr.com/d4db2541faba795082969f54e3601ec7/tumblr_n6x26uRvW91s1o4ako2_500.gif
that shot does look epic

TheArcaneEagle
10-31-2014, 07:04 PM

Is it me or are those crowds in the distance not moving whatsoever?

SixKeys
10-31-2014, 07:20 PM

I'm pretty sure that's the standard pose Arno assumes if you start climbing and just leave him hanging for a while. In the previews we've seen, Arno seems to have more of these surveying-your-surroundings animations than his predecessors. When you sit on top of a viewpoint, he's turning his head this way and that instead of just crouching there statically.

One such animation I've always liked is the one in AC3 where if you climb between two forked tree branches, Connor will wait for a few moments and if you don't do anything, he'll lean against the tree in a resting pose while looking wistfully at the horizon. That's the kind of idle animations I'm hoping to see in Unity.

Neither does anything else, including smoke from the chimneys. :p

oliacr
10-31-2014, 07:20 PM

Only Arno is moving everything else is stationary. Smoke, crowd ...

EmbodyingSeven5
10-31-2014, 07:34 PM
Only Arno is moving everything else is stationary. Smoke, crowd ...

Gee I hope its like that in the final game:rolleyes:

TheArcaneEagle
10-31-2014, 07:50 PM
Gee I hope its like that in the final game:rolleyes:

Not sure if sarcastic but we've been basing our presumptions of a gif not the actual gameplay.

Go to 0:36 in the video you can see that the crowds in the distance are moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P_s72dOKIk&list=UU_fwlBSrMIfdb4Br2O_Fzlw

I'm pretty sure that's the standard pose Arno assumes if you start climbing and just leave him hanging for a while. In the previews we've seen, Arno seems to have more of these surveying-your-surroundings animations than his predecessors. When you sit on top of a viewpoint, he's turning his head this way and that instead of just crouching there statically.

Noticed this too in previous demos but in the video at 0:36 you can see Arno responds to the cry of help from the woman inside that building. He even moves his head in the direction its coming from.

SixKeys
11-01-2014, 02:51 AM
Not sure if sarcastic but we've been basing our presumptions of a gif not the actual gameplay.

Go to 0:36 in the video you can see that the crowds in the distance are moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P_s72dOKIk&list=UU_fwlBSrMIfdb4Br2O_Fzlw

Noticed this too in previous demos but in the video at 0:36 you can see Arno responds to the cry of help from the woman inside that building. He even moves his head in the direction its coming from.

Keep in mind this is the E3 demo, where many things are more detailed and polished than they will likely appear in the final game. Just like Edward's little blending animations in the AC4 E3 demo.

Funkinhouser
11-06-2014, 09:33 AM

Thought you meant Sleeping Dogs.. whichs was an EPIC game, was gonna type a big WTF, then saw you meant Watch Dogs hahaha

*stood down ;)

zkorejo
11-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Not exactly an E3 thing, but I am worried about Adaptive Mission Mechanic (AMM). I havent heard anything about that since June/July.

I am worried it may not make it to the final game and will be forgotten it was ever promised. I really hope that is not the case.