PDA

View Full Version : Uplay Recommended Track Drop #21

RetiredRonin
10-30-2014, 01:08 PM
BlueBadger: What are we going to do today, Shogun?

Shogun: Same thing we do every Thursday, Badger. Try to take over the world with awesome new custom tracks in the Uplay Recommended feed on all platforms.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/UPR21_Badger-%26-the-Shogun_181690.jpg

This week BlueBadger & Shogun take over the duties of telling you about this week’s amazing custom creations on the Uplay Recommended feed. But who cares about those guys, lets check out the tracks:

Quake by II ManOnFire II

If you’re looking for a fast track with tons of timesavers and tight landings, wrapped in a beautiful scenery and well thought out theme then look no further. Quake by II ManOnFire II will give you all of this and more with its barren wastelands and flaming pits. A treat for all of you who are looking to hold down that gas and never let go, literally, because in this track you can get a really good time even if you glue that gas on full and just focus on the leaning. Play it, just play it, but if you must here is a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Bs5aVv4SM

Prophetic by CouPaIn GoTiEr

CouPaLn GoTiEr draws inspiration from the mysterious Abyss and creates an ancient technologically advanced playground for you to rip apart on your motor bike. Not tough enough for you? Unlock the secrets of this track and be rewarded with an extra layer of challenge on each obstacle. Solve the mysteries of Prophetic now on Track Central or prepare yourself with this preview video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCamSk43-Qg

Urban Frontier by NicholasBennett

War, war never changes, as we can see from Urban Frontier: Redux by NicholasBennett. This fast paced track will make you remember all of its timesavers, if you’re looking to bust out a time that will survive in the battle for the first place on the leaderboards. Black and white filtering gives Urban Frontier: Redux a slightly darker tone, but that won’t stop players from having a lot of fun with it! Play it now or get in the mood with a video preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIbC77WPnqs

Snow Motion by FG-312

These snowy tracks always make me feel like I’m back home. Howling winds, blistering colds and a lot of snow, those are just few of the things you’ll be experiencing when you play Snow Motion by FG-312. But let’s not forget the driving line which is very technical and requires a lot of precision and determination. Just remember to get to the finish line before your thumbs go numb from the cold. Try it now or stay warm and watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5exEgePZYe8

“catch-22” by IZEZ PRiNCESS

In “catch-22” IZEZ takes you on a challenging run around a massive spinning machine. Danger is present at every turn as you make perilous bunny hops across tiny platforms suspended over fiery pits of death. Check your fears at the door and stretch out your thumbs before taking on this track now in the Uplay Recommended feed on all platforms. If you like spoilers you can watch on video first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsXfKT5T_FY

That’s it for this week. Check out all these great tracks now on whatever platform you enjoy Trials. Tune in next Thursday for more cross platform custom content from the Trials
community team.

- Shogun & BlueBadger

Rishaanvb
10-30-2014, 05:05 PM
Cool tracks. What happened to the illobear track extreme from last week for the 360? Was just impossible to crossplatform?

Redlynx_Shogun
10-30-2014, 06:18 PM
Cool tracks. What happened to the illobear track extreme from last week for the 360? Was just impossible to crossplatform?
Unfortunately we had mysterious issues with illobear's Frost Lab. The track should be able to run on X360, it runs fine in the editor, but for some reason it causes the console to crash when uploaded to TC. We've tried a few different things to fix it with no improvement. Currently we do not have a solution for this and unfortunately need to focus our efforts on continuing to have good tracks to share in the future. This one is not likely to make it to X360. Sorry for the missing track, I hope some of this week's challenging tracks help to fill your extreme track desires.

fleskeknoke
10-30-2014, 06:29 PM
keep going with the weekly picks, cool stuff!

Rishaanvb
10-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Unfortunately we had mysterious issues with illobear's Frost Lab. The track should be able to run on X360, it runs fine in the editor, but for some reason it causes the console to crash when uploaded to TC. We've tried a few different things to fix it with no improvement. Currently we do not have a solution for this and unfortunately need to focus our efforts on continuing to have good tracks to share in the future. This one is not likely to make it to X360. Sorry for the missing track, I hope some of this week's challenging tracks help to fill your extreme track desires.

No worries. :) Yeah, I was shocked there were 2 extremes this week. :P Really great ones also.

Jeruhnq
10-30-2014, 07:45 PM
Quake is definitely my favorite. If I can give one criticism about this track it's would be about the difficulty, it looks more a beginner/easy than a medium.

Concerning Prophetic by CouPaIn GoTiEr, I solved 2 mysteries :p
Is there more ?

All tracks are awesome!
Very nice picks! ;)

ps: 2 extremes in a week, does it mean you will add ninja tracks in the futur ?:rolleyes:

BlueBadger400
10-30-2014, 10:06 PM
ps: 2 extremes in a week, does it mean you will add ninja tracks in the futur ?:rolleyes:

Never say never, but I see this being very, very unlikely.

GR4V1G0R3
10-31-2014, 04:07 AM
nice work all, i'll give them a try next time I load on PC, when it's not busy grinding for steam trading cards

quick suggestion / question thing, would it be possible in future to post which of the tracks are using DLC objects [and also which DLC/s they use]

regardless, thanks for all your work community builders, track selectors & those involved in making them cross platform

NicholasBBB
10-31-2014, 08:00 AM
nice work all, i'll give them a try next time I load on PC, when it's not busy grinding for steam trading cards

quick suggestion / question thing, would it be possible in future to post which of the tracks are using DLC objects [and also which DLC/s they use]

regardless, thanks for all your work community builders, track selectors & those involved in making them cross platform

I think I used all DLC on my track. I know for sure I used Rustlands and Abyss... not sure about empire.

lol @ the screenshot for my track being taken during an explosion. It looks awesome. :nonchalance:

GR4V1G0R3
10-31-2014, 08:22 AM
Cheers Nicholas mate

that's one definitely for me to try on PC only then, I've only got base game & abyss on 360, great looking track btw, can't wait to be near the bottom of the leader board on it :D

funktastic-
10-31-2014, 12:55 PM
nice tracks pinky and the brain , really liked snow motion even though it was extreme it was still very playable and not to stupidly hard lol:)

Rudemod 69
10-31-2014, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the drop, guys. Some good looking tracks there.

NicholasBBB
11-02-2014, 09:10 AM

Cannibal have you guys ever run into the opposite problem? What I mean is maybe a track on the 360 is nearly maxed out in complexity but couldn't be cross-platformed because of the higher resolution textures of other platforms increasing complexity or any other reason?

Just wondering if the problems converting can go both ways.

I'm sure it is a strange balance having the game on 2 console generations and on PC at the same time.

Was just curious about how it worked. I know Ancient Machine was nearly impossible to see in some spots on the 360 but on other platforms it seemed fine.

To make my question simple, is any single platform easier to port from or do they all present their own problems?

RetiredRonin
11-02-2014, 05:32 PM
I can't be 100% certain as I don't do the conversions, but I'm fairly sure that we've not had issues going from 360 to other platforms.

Redlynx_Shogun
11-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Cannibal have you guys ever run into the opposite problem? What I mean is maybe a track on the 360 is nearly maxed out in complexity but couldn't be cross-platformed because of the higher resolution textures of other platforms increasing complexity or any other reason?

To make my question simple, is any single platform easier to port from or do they all present their own problems?

We do occasionally come across problems like the one with Frost Lab but usually we catch it before the tracks go live. In this case what is wrong is a mystery, the track should work but does not. With that in mind, while rare, this type of mysterious issue could happen to a track from any platform. The more common issue with cross platforming tracks is a track from next gen systems or PC that simply won't run on X360 because it's got too much complexity or objects. Those cases are pretty strictly an issue with taking tracks from the newer consoles or PC to X360.

In answer to your final question, any track from any platform can have issues moving cross platforms but in general X360 tracks usually require the least amount of work.

Hairy Cabbage
11-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Never say never, but I see this being very, very unlikely.
We can dream, right?