PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed: Unity - Featuring NVIDIA Optimizations Trailer

Fatal-Feit
10-29-2014, 05:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrVGKFPtNrw&feature=youtu.be

Cheers.

strigoi1958
10-29-2014, 05:39 PM
I like the look with the txaa off and the pcss off... that might change when I play it.... :D

naumaan
10-29-2014, 06:15 PM
so with that i guess, if all these features are turned off and game is played at ultra high detail .. it will still be playable .. yet with a little less optimization .. i am okie with that ... however i ll replay the game next year with a better nvidia card ...

oliacr
10-29-2014, 06:33 PM
So what now?

strigoi1958
10-29-2014, 06:33 PM
I don't look for maximum or ultra post effects... I look for smooth gameplay at a level that looks right for me. I often find turning down somethings look a lot better. Smoke in ACBF on high may have been realistic but it got in the way... some shadow effects just make things look darker and god rays can obscure my view... they're all nice but it's down to personal preference.

Loktarz
10-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Looks good.

oliacr
10-29-2014, 06:42 PM
I don't look for maximum or ultra post effects... I look for smooth gameplay at a level that looks right for me. I often find turning down somethings look a lot better. Smoke in ACBF on high may have been realistic but it got in the way... some shadow effects just make things look darker and god rays can obscure my view... they're all nice but it's down to personal preference.

Same here, I also look for a smooth and enjoyable gameplay, I don't care if I can't max it out just I want to be able to play smoothly at least on 900p just like consoles.

pleb87
10-29-2014, 06:56 PM
This looks good, just hoping it plays smoothly. I know my PC more than meets the recommended requirements but that doesn't mean anything yet. Still only 2 more weeks to go! :D

andreycvetov
10-29-2014, 07:15 PM
So if I am with an HD7870 I am screwed ,am I ?

Altair1789
10-29-2014, 08:51 PM
So if I am with an HD7870 I am screwed ,am I ?

Minimum usually isn't actually 100% minimum, I think you'll be fine. I was able to play Black Flag on 1280x720 low everything on an HD 6350. Plus we're not sure yet what the deal is with the requirements

Wolfmeister1010
10-29-2014, 09:01 PM
Well all specs aside...it LOOOKS amazing..def a lot better than console if you ask me

Green_Reaper
10-29-2014, 09:27 PM
I like the look with the txaa off and the pcss off... that might change when I play it.... :D

Same here. I tried TXAA in Watch Dogs, it makes things a little too fuzzy/blurry for my taste. I feel like some details are even harder to see with TXAA on. Plus it kills performance. I'm probably going to use SMAA instead. PCSS on the other hand doesn't seem to make too much of a noticeable difference in the long run. I mean in AC you are constantly moving, no one will notice the finer details in the shadows. If my fps takes a hit from that, I'll also turn it off.

mmac900
10-29-2014, 09:50 PM
Anyone else just came after watching that?

My new gtx 970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming is arriving within the next 2 days and I have been with amd for a while, so this is literally THE best time to go back to the green team.

strigoi1958
10-29-2014, 09:55 PM
Yes I know what you mean... I expect Ubi have got the builders in making a load of new shelves to put all the awards that Unity is going to win :D.... and in all honesty... looking at that they'll win everything. Unity deserves the recognition for being this good.

Sushiglutton
10-29-2014, 10:18 PM
The TXAA at least solves the flickering problem (look at the vertical peiece between the windows) which has worried me a bit as it is in pretty much all the footage shown.

nultma
10-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Looks pretty cool, however they didn't mention how these new effects (which is what they are, not optimizations) would affect the frame rate. That video would've been a great way to show some frame rates on NVIDIA cards and really get some units sold prior to release.

strigoi1958
10-30-2014, 01:01 AM
Maybe bundled unity with a gtx 970 would have eased the pain of buying a new card

playlisting
10-30-2014, 01:14 AM
Well all specs aside...it LOOOKS amazing..def a lot better than console if you ask me

It does, just a shame it'll require a hefty PC to make it so. PS4 purchase for me :)

Wolfmeister1010
10-30-2014, 02:41 AM
I never use TXAA. Makes the screen fuzzy, would rather play with no AA. I usually use SMAA like the PS4 version. Gets rid of most of the aliasing while retaining pic quality.

Also...soft shadows never seemed appealing to me but in this video it really does for some reason 0.O

Wish they showed more tessellation- and also some more weather. Rain looks weak in all the footage but obviously just drizzle..I want to see a STORM

strigoi1958
10-30-2014, 07:32 AM
I liked the storms at sea in AC black flag.... having been through a few storms at sea myself, I thought they were great. With the power Unity is using they must look good... if they have any

wichking
10-30-2014, 11:05 AM
I really hope they will add in Winter snow on the streets and roofs of paris

VolumeRX
10-30-2014, 11:25 AM
I really hope they will add in Winter snow on the streets and roofs of paris
Exactly!
Unfortunately, they won't :\
I don't know why, but If there was snow with this New-Gen Engine I bet they would've shown It, especially with a Beautiful city like Paris.
I really am not sure how the previous engine has Snow but this new one doesn't.

oliacr
10-30-2014, 01:07 PM
Exactly!
Unfortunately, they won't :\
I don't know why, but If there was snow with this New-Gen Engine I bet they would've shown It, especially with a Beautiful city like Paris.
I really am not sure how the previous engine has Snow but this new one doesn't.

This is the same engine, only an upgraded version. I guess.

Anykeyer
10-30-2014, 01:42 PM
I believe AnvilNext was originally meant for current consoles (ps4/xbone), they just werent released at time. AC3 PC had full DX11 renderer but was held back by assets (textures/models) designed for older consoles.

wichking
11-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Well ye i kinda doubt they will add but thats typically Ubisoft. They introduce something good and on the next title they remove it. Ac3 had much smarter AI and in blackflag its removed. The tree branches moved when you jumped on them in blackflag they dont. AC 1 had moving robes, face expressions a BLOODY SWORD SHEAth. and in the ezio saga it was gone and reintroduced in AC3 except the sheath. I miss the damn Sheath.
I kinda dont understand why ubisoft removes the good stuff. Also what anoyed me in Blackflag you couldnt interact on social stealth same way as in AC3 where you char made mimiks in crowds to blend more in naturally.Ac3 introduced so many good features which got removed

strigoi1958
11-03-2014, 02:27 PM
AC3 is highly under rated as far as I'm concerned. I don't understand why some people do not like it. I cannot look at any game now without thinking "is this as good as AC 3 ?"

I know what you mean, there have always been feature changes as game series progress, some better others not..... but as much as I don't like to lose the ones I like, I do like to see new innovation.

I never thought sea battles would be a part of an Assassins life but I'm glad they were... even now if I'm bored I just sail around aimlessly listening to shanties watching the water wash over the deck... awesome.

Plus the hidden wrist crossbow in the background picture on this forum looks like a very useful edition to our inventory :D

wichking
11-03-2014, 02:33 PM
well the features i mean shoudl exist for immersive gameplay. you cant just compare tiny lil features like social stealth mimics with ships ;) its completly diffrent gameplay aspect. But concerning that i agree. I did like AC3 but that game had a pretty low focus on stealth. You were more in fights. Cuz rooftops were way less connected. way less hiding spots. etc

strigoi1958
11-03-2014, 03:39 PM
It is always difficult for the devs because the series would get stale without changes, plus nothing good would be introduced without change. You're right about AC3 stealth to fighting ratio but it is as you pointed out due to the environment. Plus I like to think that each assassins personality plays some part... if they're fearless they prefer a head on attack and a more wise assassin would take the time to use stealth to bypass any unimportant people in order to get to targets with the least amount of disturbance.
I'm sure ubi gets some good feedback and I suppose that when they concentrate on something that has sparked interest they might not focus as much on something already there. Also Ubi are a huge company so I guess it depends on who is involved with each aspect...

wichking
11-03-2014, 05:35 PM
They can always add more features yes. But ermoving some features and reintroducing them isnt new for me. Why not just keep the good stuff. i mean blackflag was awesome but if it would have the AI, enemy system, social stealth aspects from AC3 aswell it would be even more awesome.
But ACs biggest weakness is the AI. They should cut a half from the arkham series. They really have smart AI. Cuz sometimes when i play AC its just redicolous how i kill someone and noone even notices that. Patrolling guards should atleast look out for missing soldiers and call reinforcements cuz its suspicios.

on the otherhand about every character is diffrent i agree. But none the less yu should make options for every kind of player. In Rogue they managed to make New York more tighter

PS: in this post my english suffers. have mercy D;

strigoi1958
11-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Ihr Englisch ist besser als mein Deutsch :D Ubi might be targetting a different player to the batman fans... although I like both :D and I'm not sure how they decide on what is important or not. The interest that sailing got from AC3 probably made an impact on ACBF and maybe Ubi poll a random group about whether something is good/ bad/ ok and use that to change the game. Or maybe the guys who worked on a certain detail has moved to a different job :D. Either way it is done and we don't have a say in it. :(

wichking
11-03-2014, 06:08 PM
hehe ;) well yes thats the awkward truth. Letīs see how unity comes out.