PDA

View Full Version : Controller confusion -- can anyone help?

hasznaloubi2005
10-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Does anyone have a list or a URL to a list of the control buttons of console controllers and what they mean in terms of the actual name on the PC (legs, high profile, head etc. etc.) in what the game calls them under “customize controls”? There are all these helpful suggestions that talk about the “X” button and the “Y” button and many others on one of the many console controllers and one cannot tell which function in the game they are tied to. Not even which controller they are talking about. I am looking for a reference to connect these (to me) unknown buttons to the named functions in the game.
Thanks

Anykeyer
10-29-2014, 07:16 AM
Almost all games (at least in the same genre) use very similar gamepad control scheme.
D-pad is used for inventory, quick weapon/tools select and most menus.
Left stick is for moving, right stick is for looking around.
X - weapon hand, attack
A - legs, accept in menus
B - unarmed hand, interaction, cancel in menus
Y - head, tools
Many other games use similar controls, For example in Castlevania X is for basic attack, Y - area attack, A - jumping and B - interactions
Right trigger - high profile, left trigger - precise aiming.

hasznaloubi2005
10-30-2014, 10:15 PM
Thanks again. Ubisoft tech support actually emailed me a link to diagrams of the PS2 and Xbox controllers. They look like it would take a long time to learn to use all those weird buttons. No wonder the people who use them can only speak in terms of those controllers.

strigoi1958
10-31-2014, 09:15 PM
Thanks again. Ubisoft tech support actually emailed me a link to diagrams of the PS2 and Xbox controllers. They look like it would take a long time to learn to use all those weird buttons. No wonder the people who use them can only speak in terms of those controllers.

Now you know why I get my grandson to set the TiVo :D