PDA

View Full Version : Player made contracts suggestion

scope2005
10-28-2014, 09:47 PM
I was thinking about how unity would really benefit from a hitman absolution esque contracts mode.

For anyone unfamiliar this allows players to forge their own assassination missions by marking a target/ several targets and kill them in the way you see fit. Secondary objective parameters are set by the way you play e.g. stay undetected or kill using a particular weapon. This saves the contract for the player to share online with other players to attempt to do better.

This would add a level of longevity to the game especially to co-op game play.

Only forseeable problem is that this might be patented by square enix.

Thoughts?

SixKeys
10-28-2014, 10:10 PM
User-created content is hardly exclusive to Square Enix. This would be great for AC, the only problem is Ubisoft doesn't allow modding of their games for whatever reason, so it's unlikely to happen any time soon.

hood3dassassin5
10-28-2014, 10:40 PM
That would be cool! What if they set it up so that, they're not a part of 100% synchronization, but there's a certain place in Paris you go, and contracts within a certain area in the real world are available to you. And the harder the contract, the better the reward.

Unfortunately, like SixKeys said, not a chance of happening soon.:(

Bastiaen
10-28-2014, 11:04 PM
User created content and modding aren't the same thing. It's perfectly possible that they may create such a mode in the future, since, after all, ubisoft loves social gaming.

GoldenBoy9999
10-28-2014, 11:08 PM
I like this idea a lot. I thoroughly enjoyed Hitman's contracts so it'd be great to see them return here.

I feel like if they included this it would be a pretty big touted feature like ACU's co-op.

dxsxhxcx
10-28-2014, 11:24 PM
INB4 the animus wouldn't allow that...

well, ACB's VR Training Room sends its regards (a feature like this could use a similar logic).

If it was possible to also create the guards' patrol routes and place as many units as we want (or are possible) this feature would be even more awesome.