PDA

View Full Version : Need tips on the YP-80.

WWMaxGunz
03-05-2004, 01:33 AM
Keep flaming out, even while at pretty good speed (well not really, 320kph to 360kph) while I'm shooting. I'm running at 100%, don't see any overheat messages (doesn't mean it ain't, just I don't see them and HUD is ON) and, ohhh even while not pulling any G's running just level.

Go ahead, flame away if that's your bag and maybe someone will help.

Euros & Brits -- Yes, I'm sorry the delay has happened to you. I still support Maddox Games. Immediate sales means future deals are easier. More sales means better chance of future products. We all benefit. I'm sure you can see. If you are still mad or frustrated then please get over it and mature a little. It is not my fault. It is not my country's fault. It is not Olegs or UBI's fault. It is probably not your fault either unless you can influence EU politics and business and have not. Very sorry and yes you will have it soon plus maybe the free patch and extra planes all at the same time or at least closer together.

Neal

WWMaxGunz
03-05-2004, 01:33 AM
Keep flaming out, even while at pretty good speed (well not really, 320kph to 360kph) while I'm shooting. I'm running at 100%, don't see any overheat messages (doesn't mean it ain't, just I don't see them and HUD is ON) and, ohhh even while not pulling any G's running just level.

Go ahead, flame away if that's your bag and maybe someone will help.

Euros & Brits -- Yes, I'm sorry the delay has happened to you. I still support Maddox Games. Immediate sales means future deals are easier. More sales means better chance of future products. We all benefit. I'm sure you can see. If you are still mad or frustrated then please get over it and mature a little. It is not my fault. It is not my country's fault. It is not Olegs or UBI's fault. It is probably not your fault either unless you can influence EU politics and business and have not. Very sorry and yes you will have it soon plus maybe the free patch and extra planes all at the same time or at least closer together.

Neal

Dolemite-
03-05-2004, 01:37 AM
Just move the throttle slowly. 800km is my average speed while flying it.

BaldieJr
03-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Yeah, go easy on the throttle. The engine needs time to spool up. I don't even change my thottle once I get her up to 80-90%. Once she's spooled, energy fight. If a 162 shows up, get ready for evasion, you CAN NOT outrun it.

If you flameout, go to 1/3 thottle and hit the engine start immediately.

Signature:
Note: you may include UBBCodeâ™, UBBCodeâ™ Images and HTML in your signature. However, if the forum you are posting to does not allow these codes, your signature will not display as intended.

SkyChimp
03-05-2004, 07:37 PM
I've out-run the He-162 - it take a while, though. The He-162 is as manueverable as the YP-80, but not as fast.

Regards,
SkyChimp
http://members.cox.net/rowlandparks/skychimp.jpg

BaldieJr
03-05-2004, 07:43 PM
Maybe I saw a cheat or something.

I tried to catch one.... No frikken way.

He had just taken off. I had 1000 meters on him and was diving. I couldn't catch it. He just strolled away from me like I was on a tricycle.

Signature:
Note: you may include UBBCodeâ™, UBBCodeâ™ Images and HTML in your signature. However, if the forum you are posting to does not allow these codes, your signature will not display as intended.

BaldieJr
03-05-2004, 08:03 PM
I just tested at 3500m.

162 topped at 750kmph
p8- topped at 700kmph

Not a big difference. Not enough to warrant what I saw online last night.

I was thinking the exact same thing about the 162 untill I met that fellow last night. I thought it was slower, but more maneuverable. From what I can tell, it trades speed for those moves, which is probably why those other guys seemed so slow. They were yanking/banking hard while I was e-fighting.

But that other guy... jeez. Was like trying to catch the bus on foot.

Signature:

SkyChimp
03-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Is that True Air Speed? Both planes should be faster than that. The P-80 cruised at 818km/h at 9,000 meters.

Regards,
SkyChimp

mortoma
03-05-2004, 08:27 PM
When thottling up, after you get to 6,400 RPM or about 40% throttle, you can then run up the throttle of the He-162 as fast as you want.
Likewise, you can go down as fast as you want as long as you don't go below 40%, but that would be hard to judge as far as doing it fast and not going below the 40% mark. So you probably should be careful on the way down. Best climb seems to be 400Kph to 5000 meters but I have not determined the best high altitude climb speed. Probably around 300Kph. As far as landing
I throttle down to zero on a downwind leg, hold altitude to bleed speed to 360, then go to first notch of flaps. Then I turn base leg 90 degrees about 1 km from the runway, trimming and throttling for at least 320Kph. Then turn on final towards the end of the runway, landing gear down and give her one more notch of flaps, at then at 280Kph, full flaps, then hold 230 approach speed until about 30 meters from the edge of the runway and about 30 meters height. Then I slowly reduce the thottle to zero as I slowly flare onto the runway. Touch down should be about 180Kph. I takeoff with one notch of flaps and rotate at 230Kph. Then accelerate until 380 to 400, and hold climb at that speed.
Vne ( never exceed speed ) I have determined to be about 950Kph, because a little over 1000Kph things will start to break off, like your rudders or elevator!! Vne should always be conservative to give yourself some cushion.

[This message was edited by mortoma on Fri March 05 2004 at 10:34 PM.]

[This message was edited by mortoma on Sat March 06 2004 at 06:18 AM.]

mortoma
03-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Oops, you were talking about the YP-80, I got a brain fart and thought you were talking about the He-162!!!

WWMaxGunz
03-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Tried the 162 and it is one sweet ride. The engine seems to be able to handle rpm changes better and more, it seems to accelerate better than the 229 or the 80... much better. It turns very well at relatively low speed for the jets but very good speed for prop planes, 500+ kph. But when I'm throttling down and about that 40% mark, I've caught the engine fire twice.

My cheap stick... the throttle spikes every so often. I think this may be why the 80 and I don't work well. I'll be firing the guns and it will cut off. OTOH the intake could have caught some of those many, many bits of debris and I should set the sights much farther out or use more deflection shooting.

Thanks all of you though! I can see that fully operating the jets in FB is a specialty in itself if not a career! This sim is not and cannot be perfect but it is just fantastic! The best got better!

Neal

BaldieJr
03-05-2004, 10:11 PM
QMB on smolensk starting at 7500 meters and dropping to 5000 to spool up, then burning off a few kilometers to let everything settle:

P80 860 kmp/h
he162 930 kmp/h

Earlier readings were from speedbar.

I still don't understand how that guy walked away from me like that.

Signature:

SkyChimp
03-05-2004, 10:38 PM
He-162 should not be faster than the P-80 in sustained level flight.

Regards,
SkyChimp