PDA

View Full Version : Restore the faith

strigoi1958
10-26-2014, 03:18 PM
I know this is the wrong place to post this because no-one of significant power, able to make this happen (I may be wrong :D ) in Ubisoft, will come here and read it so maybe someone might suggest a place... maybe ubiblog or twitter (I don't use either) but....

whether or not the minimum specs are absolutely needed or not is irrelevant... they surpass the systems of the majority of those who have pre-ordered.

I am making an assumption now that Rogue requirements will be lower and if that is the case.... why not as an act of good faith say....

"We have worked hard on Unity to make it the best we can and in doing so, we realize that this has pushed up the requirements a little more than we would have preferred but rather than lower our standards we kept the specification. With that in mind we would like to offer you the opportunity to transfer your pre-order to AC Rogue"

(or another Ubi title if Rogue is high req)

To be honest I do not think it will make any significant number of pre-orders move over as people have been waiting for Unity, BUT it would go a long way in restoring faith from customers.

Dag_B
10-26-2014, 04:08 PM
You mean for people who chose a preorder system where they paid in advance?
Because personally, where I preordered it's no problem to cancel that preorder and order something else like Rogue. I do not need help from Ubisoft to do that unless they plan to give a discount. ^^
Also Rogue will not be enough for many people because of the different release dates for PC. Rogue will come out at some time next year, that's not really an alternative for a game that comes out November.

So that offer would not really restore anything for me.

Mr_Shade
10-26-2014, 04:17 PM
I know this is the wrong place to post this because no-one of significant power, able to make this happen (I may be wrong :D ) in Ubisoft, will come here and read it so maybe someone might suggest a place... maybe ubiblog or twitter (I don't use either) but....

whether or not the minimum specs are absolutely needed or not is irrelevant... they surpass the systems of the majority of those who have pre-ordered.

I am making an assumption now that Rogue requirements will be lower and if that is the case.... why not as an act of good faith say....

"We have worked hard on Unity to make it the best we can and in doing so, we realize that this has pushed up the requirements a little more than we would have preferred but rather than lower our standards we kept the specification. With that in mind we would like to offer you the opportunity to transfer your pre-order to AC Rogue"

(or another Ubi title if Rogue is high req)

To be honest I do not think it will make any significant number of pre-orders move over as people have been waiting for Unity, BUT it would go a long way in restoring faith from customers.
Hi,

If you have pre-ordered with Ubishop - and wish to transfer your preorder to something else - by all means get in touch with them directly - they will happily do this for you.

For retailers other than Ubisoft - you will need to contact them directly, since they are independent and Ubisoft have no control over their policies.

oliacr
10-26-2014, 05:06 PM
Hasn't been restored here.

strigoi1958
10-26-2014, 06:12 PM
it doesn't have to be that in particular.... it just needs to be an acknowledgement... not even an apology just a token gesture.