PDA

View Full Version : How many players do we need to form a crew?

SkatetiagoRico
10-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Hi guys,

So i have been seeing the trailers and i'm really looking forward to buy this game, but from what i have seen on the trailers the maximum of players per crew is 4 and for me that's too little so do any of you know for sure how many players will a crew be able to have? If so please reply :D

Thank You

MaXiiczek
10-26-2014, 12:29 PM
at first you have to stop thinking about crew as a clan or guild... nothing like that is in game at the moment... crew like it is in game now is a party for up to 4 people... why 4? because crew races are 4v4, 8 is a maximum number of players in both a race and a session :) but anything can change, this is info from beta

BA1969
10-26-2014, 04:12 PM
at first you have to stop thinking about crew as a clan or guild... nothing like that is in game at the moment... crew like it is in game now is a party for up to 4 people... why 4? because crew races are 4v4, 8 is a maximum number of players in both a race and a session :) but anything can change, this is info from beta

They should simply stop calling this game a MMO, it totally gives the wrong impression.

MaXiiczek
10-26-2014, 04:34 PM
i don't agree, MMO isn't bound with clans or how many people you can meet on one place at the same time...

Kiwicut
10-29-2014, 02:20 PM
i don't agree, MMO isn't bound with clans or how many people you can meet on one place at the same time...

Actually you can meet anyone. MMO isn't based on how many members you can invite to a party more or less :D
For example WoW can only be max 5 to quest? Above 5 (raid) the quest will be cancel. At least it was like that when I used to play.

MaXiiczek
10-29-2014, 02:51 PM
you can only meet people who are in the same session as you, there are no big servers to divide people (except for PC, X1, X360 and PS4 division), there are small sessions in The Crew, but i don't have any info about session management, session switching, algorithm for session creation etc, so no idea how exactly it will work

Yui-
11-20-2014, 07:15 PM
You're wrong, this isn't a session type game, like GTA where you join an online session with a limited amount of player's. The crew is full of player's in 1 server, you're only allowed to view atleast 7 players from what it said on the internet. Basicly if you drive far away from out of range then a new list of people will pop up that are around you, if that make any since. Somethen like this, or i could be wrong, but i know it's not session's cause this is full online and not single player offline + online lol.

MaXiiczek
11-21-2014, 12:34 PM
yes and that's called sessions, those 7 other people :) but session management should be automatic and based on distance, so it puts people who are close to the same session, it also puts the people who are friends into the same session, also with crew members, this intelligent algorithm makes it different from standard session based games, but it is still limited to session, even if it works dynamically :) at least I hope it's this way, we don't have exact information how it works, but it should be something like that