PDA

View Full Version : 2.01: Campaign Generator & new plane Omissions?

PzKpfw
05-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi all just a couple things with 2.01 I'm not sure on:

1- US Campaign available in Generator Ie, Berlin 1944, Normandy, Ardennes etc. I make a pilot select campaign, fighter squadron & plane hit generate, nothing happens.

I dont understand why selection is their but does not function.

2- Cant seem to find the new planes in Camp generator selections Ie:

Yak-3P.
Yak-9B.
Yak-7A.
Yak-9M
Yak-9UT.
Spitfire Mk. IXc.
Mk. IXc (CW).
Mk. IXe.
Mk. IXe (CW).
Mk. IXe (HF).
FW 190 A-6.

Question is why are none of these apperently tied into the campaign generator?.

Regards, John Waters

---------
Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

----
The one that gets you is the one that you'll never see.
-----

----

"After 44 we called the new models the 'bumps', because every new model had another bump or hump on the fuselage, which naturally was particularly bad for the flight characteristics of the aircraft."

Walter Krupinski: on the Bf 109...
----

-----
"The damn Jerries have stuck their heads in the meatgrinder, and I've got hold of the handle."

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. December 26, 1944.

------
"We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. Febuary 1945.

------
For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the Axis--an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business."
--D. W. Brogan, The American Character

[This message was edited by PzKpfw on Wed May 19 2004 at 03:06 PM.]

PzKpfw
05-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi all just a couple things with 2.01 I'm not sure on:

1- US Campaign available in Generator Ie, Berlin 1944, Normandy, Ardennes etc. I make a pilot select campaign, fighter squadron & plane hit generate, nothing happens.

I dont understand why selection is their but does not function.

2- Cant seem to find the new planes in Camp generator selections Ie:

Yak-3P.
Yak-9B.
Yak-7A.
Yak-9M
Yak-9UT.
Spitfire Mk. IXc.
Mk. IXc (CW).
Mk. IXe.
Mk. IXe (CW).
Mk. IXe (HF).
FW 190 A-6.

Question is why are none of these apperently tied into the campaign generator?.

Regards, John Waters

---------
Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

----
-----

----

"After 44 we called the new models the 'bumps', because every new model had another bump or hump on the fuselage, which naturally was particularly bad for the flight characteristics of the aircraft."

----

-----
"The damn Jerries have stuck their heads in the meatgrinder, and I've got hold of the handle."

------
"We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

------
For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the Axis--an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business."

[This message was edited by PzKpfw on Wed May 19 2004 at 03:06 PM.]

PzKpfw
05-21-2004, 03:27 PM
***Bump***
***Bump***

Regards, John Waters

---------

----
-----

----

----

-----

------

------

SlowDancer
05-21-2004, 08:48 PM
'Til now I couldn't get v2.01 (56K), but Your and my (an 'offliners') problem isn't exactly a new one - if You don't have the time to build missions, a new plane is as useless as a new map (Normandy), without a dynamic campaign. And if You don't want to pay for the Just Flight Add On (nearly the same price as for AEP!), I'm afraid there won't be a Normandy campaign for You. A general solution for new planes and a kind of US campaign was the following:
1. Put them (for example the P-38J) with their internal names into the planesRuF.dat, so You can select them in a Russian campaign (I did it for the Balaton part). If You want to meet them, put them (a few of them) into corresponding *.db files.
2. Put a few US squadrons (You find the internal names in FMB made *.mis files) into squadronsRuF.dat and (if You want to meet other US squadrons) *.db files (probably You could rewrite the Balaton.db with US planes and squadrons only, but in this case You need a batch file to replace it in order to fly as a Russian).
3. Make US versions of the Russians.dat (pilot names) and USSR.dat (birth places) - save the original files with different file names before (You need these new files only for the campaign start - later You can replace them by the originals). You can do this for the ranks too, but ranks need the correct file (rank.properties in the campaign folder - RU) during the whole campaign.
4. In AEP choose a Russian campaign, an US fighter and an US squadron(! - otherwise You will see Russian markings and hear Russian language). You will have an US campaign with Your squadron based on Russian airfields (edit the maps if You like some US equipment there), operating together with Russian 'brothers in arms' ... (I wrote some batch files to replace ranks, so the US ranks can be displayed in pilot lists, but debriefings and awards will be Russian defaults.)
Unfortunately this all doesn't work for UK Campaigns, because it is (at least for me) impossible to start a Russian campaign with a British squadron ...
I don't know why 1C doesn't want to give us a dynamic US or UK campaign over Normandy, Balaton or Berlin (it looks a little like business to me), but maybe You can live with it my way ...