PDA

View Full Version : Arno Dorian's motive and path into the Assassins... (May Contain Spoilers)

avk111
10-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Good day folks,

So I have been trying to figure out whats Arno's interest in the whole Templars shift of power from his adoptive father to the new main villian. As per all the articles of news and media he seeks redemption, but its not very clear to what do they mean by that, Im personally thinking that his adoptive father has obliged Arno of taking care of Elise after his death. I think she is the main motive for Arno, and since she is going out for revenge, Arno is trying to get rid of the guys who killed her father in order to make sure she is alright by joining the assassins. What do you guys think ?

VestigialLlama4
10-25-2014, 03:19 PM
Ever since Ezio, they feature protagonists who stumble into the Assassin order one way or another, so they need to find ways to complicate it without it becoming boring or repetitive, since the only career Assassin we have is Altair.

I don't think Arno's motives are especially important unless of course they make him go down a darker path.

LoyalACFan
10-25-2014, 03:31 PM
I think he feels guilty because Monsieur de la Serre took him in after his father died, and Arno repaid him by letting him get killed and banging his daughter. He's kind of a terrible person, so he's now trying to make amends.

Ever since Ezio, they feature protagonists who stumble into the Assassin order one way or another, so they need to find ways to complicate it without it becoming boring or repetitive, since the only career Assassin we have is Altair.

I don't think Arno's motives are especially important unless of course they make him go down a darker path.

Edward is technically the only main Assassin who literally just stumbled into the Brotherhood; Ezio and Connor's families both had ties to the Assassins before they were born, it's not like they were just random dudes off the street who got invited in.

avk111
10-25-2014, 03:46 PM
I think he feels guilty because Monsieur de la Serre took him in after his father died, and Arno repaid him by letting him get killed and banging his daughter. He's kind of a terrible person, so he's now trying to make amends.

Edward is technically the only main Assassin who literally just stumbled into the Brotherhood; Ezio and Connor's families both had ties to the Assassins before they were born, it's not like they were just random dudes off the street who got invited in.

So your saying Arno found out that his adoptive father killed his real dad and he ratted out on him to the other templars and now he feels guilty ?

VestigialLlama4
10-25-2014, 03:49 PM

Ezio was raised without knowing anything about the Assassins even in his teenage years(a fact that Mario is surprised that Giovanni didn't tell him), likewise Connor knew nothing about secret societies and no one planned for any destiny for him to be the next great hope to a dead brotherhood, they became Assassins because of tragedy and circumstances. Would Ezio have become an Assassin had his father had lived, probably, but whether he would become the Mentor or the superhero in Brotherhood and Revelations is unlikely, since his identity as an Assassin depends on that experience. Likewise with Connor, who ideally would have lived in that village had it not been for the attack or those spirit visions. Edward doesn't have family connections, but it doesn't matter, narratively, he serves the same purpose of an outsider/newbie coming into the brotherhood.

It makes sense too, the Crusades was the only time the Assassins were a historical reality, for them to jump timelines they need to have people in different eras rediscover the Creed.

So you have Arno being hurled into the Bastille after failing to prevent his adoptive father's death, and in the Bastille is Marquis de Sade just to weird him out and Pierre Bellec to train him in swordplay. Plotwise, Arno has no home, no family support but the Assassins to turn to and the Revolution completely changes the world he grew up in.

LoyalACFan
10-25-2014, 03:56 PM
So your saying Arno found out that his adoptive father killed his real dad and he ratted out on him to the other templars and now he feels guilty ?

No, I'm saying Sr. de la Serre got murdered by an unknown party (Pierre?) while Arno was out gettin' it on with Elise, when he could have easily stopped the murder had he been at home where he was supposed to be.

avk111
10-25-2014, 04:02 PM
No, I'm saying Sr. de la Serre got murdered by an unknown party (Pierre?) while Arno was out gettin' it on with Elise, when he could have easily stopped the murder had he been at home where he was supposed to be.

So basically he is out there trying to prove his innocence ? doesn't sound like a reason for deep guilt trip.

Namikaze_17
10-25-2014, 06:17 PM
Pierre: "Your father was an Asssassin, Arno..."

There. :)

Fatal-Feit
10-25-2014, 06:19 PM

To be fair, pre-AC:IV, the Templars were relentlessly involved in Edward's life. He was bound to stumble upon the Assassins.