PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas for a new features

AH_Cutora
05-22-2004, 07:25 AM
Hi,
IL2 is a great WWII flight simulator, but I miss some features (in dogfight especially):

Weather:
- setting of cloud percentage on server, not only: clear, some small clouds and 100% of clouds http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
- wind settings.
- dynamic weather would be the best, but probably most hard for programming, HW and network (in a dogfight and coop).

General settings:
- lot of planes need different settings of functions (keyboard mapping) and HW settings (joystick ?transfer? function - the HW setting, pitch, roll, yaw, ...). I suppose, every plane need it's own user editable "profile" of joystick and keyboard setting. Not only one global settings like now. For example, I have Logitech Wingman Force 3D joy and I need absolutly different setings for BF109s, FW190s and He111s planes.
- in a DOGFIGHT, when a plane crashes on a runway, the other planes can going through, nothing happens. I miss some block on the runway (and respawn time like armor respawn time).

Bombers and bombing:
- I miss more flyable planes with more engines - russian bombers especially.
- better management of more engines, every engine need its own engine set of sticks (minimaly throttle and propeller) not only one set of sticks and engine selection from keyboard ...
- Level bombing with He111 in DOGFIGHT is too difficult. I can't have second person in a plane (bomb gunner) and I have to pilot the plane and looking to the bomb sight at the same moment. There is necessary second person on a deck, or having some autopilot (level and roll stabiliser) while I'm looking to the bomb sight, but the rudder is necessary to be free for correction of direction.
- when I drop the bombs to the runway or taxiway nothing hapend http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. Planes can start ... I miss some hole or big jog ..., it can disaper in a while, like respawn time for armor.

AH_Cutora
05-22-2004, 07:25 AM
Hi,
IL2 is a great WWII flight simulator, but I miss some features (in dogfight especially):

Weather:
- setting of cloud percentage on server, not only: clear, some small clouds and 100% of clouds http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
- wind settings.
- dynamic weather would be the best, but probably most hard for programming, HW and network (in a dogfight and coop).

General settings:
- lot of planes need different settings of functions (keyboard mapping) and HW settings (joystick ?transfer? function - the HW setting, pitch, roll, yaw, ...). I suppose, every plane need it's own user editable "profile" of joystick and keyboard setting. Not only one global settings like now. For example, I have Logitech Wingman Force 3D joy and I need absolutly different setings for BF109s, FW190s and He111s planes.
- in a DOGFIGHT, when a plane crashes on a runway, the other planes can going through, nothing happens. I miss some block on the runway (and respawn time like armor respawn time).

Bombers and bombing:
- I miss more flyable planes with more engines - russian bombers especially.
- better management of more engines, every engine need its own engine set of sticks (minimaly throttle and propeller) not only one set of sticks and engine selection from keyboard ...
- Level bombing with He111 in DOGFIGHT is too difficult. I can't have second person in a plane (bomb gunner) and I have to pilot the plane and looking to the bomb sight at the same moment. There is necessary second person on a deck, or having some autopilot (level and roll stabiliser) while I'm looking to the bomb sight, but the rudder is necessary to be free for correction of direction.
- when I drop the bombs to the runway or taxiway nothing hapend http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. Planes can start ... I miss some hole or big jog ..., it can disaper in a while, like respawn time for armor.

Harh
05-22-2004, 09:42 AM
quote:
- when I drop the bombs to the runway or taxiway nothing hapend . Planes can start ... I miss some hole or big jog ..., it can disaper in a while, like respawn time for armor.
------------------

This thing has not been modelled since first IL2 release and until BoB it will not come in the game. Wonder, if it will be in BoB.