PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, A question for you about "Reforming", please read.

TonyEH
05-17-2004, 04:17 AM
Hi Oleg. Would it be possible to make the Friendly AI aircraft "Form up" quicker tahn they do presently. At the moment the AI form up in a very leisurely manner. They take their time about it. This means that dis-engaging from combat, as a flight is impossible as the enemy AI will ALWAYS catch the friendly AI as they struggle to catch up with the players plane.

Would it be possible to speed up the friendly AI when you give the order to "Reform" or " Cover me"? Make the friendly AI fly at the top speed of their aircraft so they can form up with the player and escape from the enemy AI. This would greatly aid the players ability to evade enemy fighters and break from combat.

Also and I have asked you about this before, lowering the AI's ability to "see" over 4klm's makes dis-engaging impossible as the AI will follow you forever. Would it be possible to give the user the ability to adjust the AI's "line/length of sight"? Perhaps with a line in the .ini file.

Otherwise the players of FB will be doomed to continue with the situation we have at the moment whereby every single engagement is a fight to the death, with either the player's flght or the enemy flight being wiped out.

The ability to dis-engage from combat would GREATLY enhance the reality of FB.

Thanks in advance.
Tony

TonyEH
05-17-2004, 04:17 AM
Hi Oleg. Would it be possible to make the Friendly AI aircraft "Form up" quicker tahn they do presently. At the moment the AI form up in a very leisurely manner. They take their time about it. This means that dis-engaging from combat, as a flight is impossible as the enemy AI will ALWAYS catch the friendly AI as they struggle to catch up with the players plane.

Would it be possible to speed up the friendly AI when you give the order to "Reform" or " Cover me"? Make the friendly AI fly at the top speed of their aircraft so they can form up with the player and escape from the enemy AI. This would greatly aid the players ability to evade enemy fighters and break from combat.

Also and I have asked you about this before, lowering the AI's ability to "see" over 4klm's makes dis-engaging impossible as the AI will follow you forever. Would it be possible to give the user the ability to adjust the AI's "line/length of sight"? Perhaps with a line in the .ini file.

Otherwise the players of FB will be doomed to continue with the situation we have at the moment whereby every single engagement is a fight to the death, with either the player's flght or the enemy flight being wiped out.

The ability to dis-engage from combat would GREATLY enhance the reality of FB.

Thanks in advance.
Tony

TonyEH
05-20-2004, 08:26 AM
bump

TonyEH
05-24-2004, 05:36 AM
bump again http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif