PDA

View Full Version : Hunter and Hunted, Future Assassination Contracts

Hans684
10-24-2014, 06:19 PM
The idea is that it's like the nemesis system from ME:SOM but a stealth version, a cat and mouse gameplay style. We can bring back some old mechanics like bragging heralds or news papers but they won't lower your notoriety. Instead you can use them to creat rumors, traps etc... and even small public events. Like a party in X place, X time or your choosing. Think Cold War tactics with spreading/trading false information to get to something like your assassination target. And like ME:SOM they will have fears, strengths, weaknesses that you can take advantage of. It's going to be your Conspiracy System. You investigate, plan, explore and then execute. This system is yours but there is one twist.

The Assassin Hunter System, you're being hunted by Assassin Hunters, Templar Agents and Stalkers. The idea is that it's going to be the counter system of your Conspiracy System. This purpose of this system is to make you fail your investigations, planning, exploring and execution, making you an easy target for them. One word fitting this, paranoia. There is different ranks in this system other than these three main hunting you.

Couriers: These guys are weak but agile, fast runners with sensitive information of hight value. You can stalk them to the place of delivery, you can kill them an take the information or interrogate(after capture). How to capture them is up you and how you use your Conspiracy System, get him to a party/theatre/bar or some dark alley continue you investigation as you see fit.

Stalkers: As in Revelations they will be a blade in the crowd, they won't go kamikaze on you unless it can lead to something like your death, getting your cover blown, give you false information without you knowing(messing up your plan), lead you to a trap etc... Their going to be you, they will use you system against you.

Templar Agents: Like Brotherhood they will be more public, more about influence. Something between Stalkers and Hunters. They work with the Assassin Hunters to execute the plan. How I haven't tought about.

Assassin Hunters: Highly trained killers with the best gears and weapons given by the Templars deep pockets. They are the "brutes" of the system, they will be on the same level of skill as you, fro air assassinations to a bullet to the head. Fighters, they use information given to them by Couriers, take advantage of what Stalkers made messed your plan with, and work with Templar agents to plan against you. They can one-counter kill you if you attack rabidly, they can poison you, they can assassinate you, they can shoot you(headshots) etc... As said just as powerful as you, think Shay.

VestigialLlama4
10-24-2014, 07:04 PM
The idea is that it's like the nemesis system from ME:SOM but a stealth version, a cate and mouse gameplay style. We can bring back some old mechanics like bragging heralds or news papers but they won't lower your notoriety. Instead you can use them to creat rumors, traps etc... and even small public events. Like a party in X place, X time or your choosing. Think Cold War tactics with spreading/trading false information to get to something like your assassination target. And like ME:SOM they will have fears, strengths, weaknesses that you can take advantage of. It's going to be your Conspiracy System. You investigate, plan, explore and then execute. This system is yours but there is one twist.

The Assassin Hunter System, you're being hunted by Assassin Hunters, Templar Agents and Stalkers. The idea is that it's going to be the counter system of your Conspiracy System. This purpose of this system is to make you fail your investigations, planning, exploring and execution, making you an easy target for them. One word fitting this, paranoia. There is different ranks in this system other than these three main hunting you.

Couriers: These guys are weak but agile, fast runners with sensitive information of hight value. You can stalk them to the place of delivery, you can kill them an take the information or interrogate(after capture). How to capture them is up you and how you use your Conspiracy System, get him to a party/theatre/bar or some dark alley continue you investigation as you see fit.

Stalkers: As in Revelations they will be a blade in the crowd, they won't go kamikaze on you unless it can lead to something like your death, getting your cover blown, give you false information without you knowing(messing up your plan), lead you to a trap etc... Their going to be you, they will use you system against you.

Templar Agents: Like Brotherhood they will be more public, more about influence. Something between Stalkers and Hunters. They work with the Assassin Hunters to execute the plan. How I haven't tought about.

Assassin Hunters: Highly trained killers with the best gears and weapons given by the Templars deep pockets. They are the "brutes" of the system, they will be on the same level of skill as you, fro air assassinations to a bullet to the head. Fighters, they use information given to them by Couriers, take advantage of what Stalkers made messed your plan with, and work with Templar agents to plan against you. They can one-counter kill you if you attack rabidly, they can poison you, they can assassinate you, they can shoot you(headshots) etc... As said just as powerful as you, think Shay.

I am not quite so sure if this is a smart idea.

1. Assassins are all about freedom, competence, control and masters of stealth. Canonically, as per objectives the likes of Altair, Ezio, Connor, Aveline, Adewale, Edward and new guy Arno are supposed to be good at their job. If they are good at their job, then something like the Conspiracy System should not be possible to begin with, in that Templars should not be able to anticipate and predict the Assassins' methods and approach. It works with Shay because he's an ex-Assassin of that particular branch of the Brotherhood, so it makes sense that he could be an Assassin Hunter. But if this mechanic were there all the time, than the Assassin basically sucks at his job.

The one way they can introduce this adaptability is to do what Dishonored did, where based on how stealthy and violent you are or aren't, the missions change in gameplay in all kinds of minor and subtle ways. Like with Altair already in AC1, the gameplay had no bearing on social impact, but small consequences of his actions came up. Like after killing Garnier and Talal, you have mental patients wandering around as crowd nuisances, since Altair just killed the people who were keeping them off the street, and later of course, the targets get more and more paranoid culminating with the Robert-Maria at the graveyard encounter where you are ambushed.

ze_topazio
10-24-2014, 07:14 PM
The idea is that it's like the nemesis system from ME:SOM but a stealth version, a cate and mouse gameplay style. .

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/581/251/5af.jpg

Hans684
10-24-2014, 07:22 PM
I am not quite so sure if this is a smart idea.

Depends on how you look at it.

Assassins are all about freedom, competence, control and masters of stealth.

Don't make me show every mistake they've done trough the series but as a small example we have Ezio, he has got in a lot of chases that could have been avoided. "Master of stealth".

Canonically, as per objectives the likes of Altair, Ezio, Connor, Aveline, Adewale, Edward and new guy Arno are supposed to be good at their job.

I'm not talking about main missions. I'm talking about Assassination Contracts, side content.

If they are good at their job, then something like the Conspiracy System should not be possible to begin with, in that Templars should not be able to anticipate and predict the Assassins' methods and approach.

The Templars did during the burial in AC(1), Rodrigo did when meeting Francisco Di Pazzi and Caesar did when Ezio was exiting the Vatican for the AOE. They know how they work.

It works with Shay because he's an ex-Assassin of that particular branch of the Brotherhood, so it makes sense that he could be an Assassin Hunter. But if this mechanic were there all the time, than the Assassin basically sucks at his job.

We have had several ex-Assassins.

The one way they can introduce this adaptability is to do what Dishonored did, where based on how stealthy and violent you are or aren't, the missions change in gameplay in all kinds of minor and subtle ways.

Just thinking big.

Like with Altair already in AC1, the gameplay had no bearing on social impact, but small consequences of his actions came up. Like after killing Garnier and Talal, you have mental patients wandering around as crowd nuisances, since Altair just killed the people who were keeping them off the street, and later of course, the targets get more and more paranoid culminating with the Robert-Maria at the graveyard encounter where you are ambushed.

They succeded with the becouse they knew how he worked. You proved my point. Not the point of this thread but my argument.