PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity - PS4 - Anti-Aliasing

playlisting
10-22-2014, 04:43 PM
I know this is a question about consoles - but generally the PC crowd knows more about the technical side of the games than the console crowd. Anyway, I recently remembered my short time playing Watch Dogs on PS4. It looked okay - however since it was 900p, there were a lot of jaggies. Will it be the same for Unity on PS4? Using past experience I assume it will be, which is a shame because this was going to be the one series of multi-plats that I bought on PS4. Any word on the type of AA used on PS4? If it's not pretty heavy then it's PC for me.

Fatal-Feit
10-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Watch_Dogs on the PS4 uses a special AA called Temporal SMAA, IIRC. It's not a very taxing AA, if at all.

I suspect Unity will use the same thing, considering Ubisoft likes to reuse assets, and the fact that Unity is running at the same native resolution.

playlisting
10-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Watch_Dogs on the PS4 uses a special AA called Temporal SMAA, IIRC. It's not a very taxing AA, if at all.

I suspect Unity will use the same thing, considering Ubisoft likes to reuse assets, and the fact that Unity is running at the same native resolution.

That's a shame :( I guess it's PC for this title then - unless word comes out of that something better will be used.

Green_Reaper
10-22-2014, 09:46 PM
That's a shame :( I guess it's PC for this title then - unless word comes out of that something better will be used.

Yeah. But I blame the 900p resolution for that. If it was a 1080p monitor or flatscreen HD TV that you use for your PS4, than any game running at less than native 1080p would show same jaggies, regardless of the AA they use.

My PS4 is hooked up to a 1080p monitor, and jaggies & a bit fuzziness shows up in games running at 900p like BF4 despite the post anti-aliasing it uses.

I'd just stick to PC for multiform games from now on. That's what I decided after the Watch Dogs fiasco, but even then PC players had issues. Still, PC has the better visuals.

So much for "next gen"...