PDA

View Full Version : Heist missions or Brotherhood missions? which are you excited the most for?

topeira1980
10-22-2014, 03:27 PM
So the brotherhood missions in ACU are more linear and less sandboxy. they are more like the SP missions but tailored to play in 2 players co-op. the press say these tend to be more stealthy and more interesting, but they don't change. you can try the missions twice and it will probably play a lot alike. not a lot of replayability in those. and there are about a dozen brotherhood missions.

the Heist missions take place in 7 locations in paris. you need to accomplish an objective in these locations with up to 4 players and the locations of the objectives, guards, unlocked doors and windows and perhaps other elements change from playthrough to playthrough. the press say these were more chaotic. more arcade. they dont HAVE to be, but with ppl you dont know it makes sense that this is how they will turn up. at least when there are enough players to rush through instead of stealth through. these missions seem to have greater replayability.

Don't forget you can play these missions solo as well. They are co-op missions but CAN be done alone.

Which of the two mission types are you excited for the most? and why?

I'm gonna answer my own poll first, of course -
personally im more into the heist missions. i dont think i will play a lot with strangers. just a friend or two. if the combat is hard enough than the heist missions with their replayability should provide interesting stealthy experiences even though they came out chaotic for the press events. also i will probably play the co-op missions alone. i rather do that than play with strangers. for playing alone i also think the heist missions can be really fun.

the brotherhood missions will probably be more fun than the heist missions but due to lack of replayability i will probably play them once. maybe twice. nothing more. so even though there are more brotherhood scenarios i think i will eventually spend more time playing the heists, with or without other players.

naumaan
10-22-2014, 03:48 PM
So the brotherhood missions in ACU are more linear and less sandboxy. they are more like the SP missions but tailored to play in 2 players co-op. the press say these tend to be more stealthy and more interesting, but they don't change. you can try the missions twice and it will probably play a lot alike. not a lot of replayability in those. and there are about a dozen brotherhood missions.

the Heist missions take place in 7 locations in paris. you need to accomplish an objective in these locations with up to 4 players and the locations of the objectives, guards, unlocked doors and windows and perhaps other elements change from playthrough to playthrough. the press say these were more chaotic. more arcade. they dont HAVE to be, but with ppl you dont know it makes sense that this is how they will turn up. at least when there are enough players to rush through instead of stealth through. these missions seem to have greater replayability.

Don't forget you can play these missions solo as well. They are co-op missions but CAN be done alone.

Which of the two mission types are you excited for the most? and why?

brotherhood missions

SHADOWGARVIN
10-22-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm looking forward to playing both type of missions solo.

Fatal-Feit
10-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Both. The game is lacking mission variety... Without the other, I have a feeling I'll grow bored after the 60 hours mark.

zainzombie
10-22-2014, 04:21 PM
I am excited for both atm. But I am sure I will play heists way more as it has far greater replayability. It will be fun trying to pull a perfect heist with randoms.

Locopells
10-22-2014, 05:13 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c4b8f12016e305d4b6d36ae8d7c5d3af/tumblr_mkws36UgVu1ry10fwo1_400.gif

topeira1980
10-22-2014, 06:02 PM
personally im more into the heist missions. i dont think i will play a lot with strangers. just a friend or two. if the combat is hard enough than the heist missions with their replayability should provide interesting stealthy experiences even though they came out chaotic for the press events. also i will probably play the co-op missions alone. i rather do that than play with strangers. for playing alone i also think the heist missions can be really fun.
one of my favorite moments in shadow of mordor is when there are a LOT of enemies and im on the border of losing and my thought are shifting between trying defeat everyone and killing the captain or getting out of there and making a run for it. i really hope heists will give me those moments where i feel im close to the thing i need to steal but im also overwhelmed. (if being overwhelmed means death, because in most AC games it just means countering for a minutes and then business as usual).

the brotherhood missions will probably be more fun than the heist missions but due to lack of replayability i will probably play them once. maybe twice. nothing more. so even though there are more brotherhood scenarios i think i will eventually spend more time playing the heists, with or without other players.

Bastiaen
10-22-2014, 06:03 PM
I think both will play well, but differently. It's like comparing thieves guild missions to courtesan missions. They are similar, but different, and quality depends on the mission itself, rather than the mission type.

SixKeys
10-22-2014, 08:12 PM
I think you have them mixed up. Brotherhood missions are the 4-player ones with more narrative, the heist missions are 2-player with loot as reward.

I'm more excited for the brotherhood ones.

topeira1980
10-22-2014, 11:13 PM
I think you have them mixed up. Brotherhood missions are the 4-player ones with more narrative, the heist missions are 2-player with loot as reward.

i dont think i mix those up. not only i read a few articles that describe the heist as the 4 player coop missions, you can also see in the coop footage from a couple of weeks ago 4 players inside a building trying to steal a painting, which the articles say that the painting change locations every time, and all four are beating the poop out of the guards.

however in the first co-op playthrough we've seen in E3 there was a mission that looked like a very narrative oriented with 4 players in it. i wonder why that changed. maybe they noticed that 4 players dont work well in brotherhood missions and cut those to 2 players only....