PDA

View Full Version : Some little concerns regarding ACU

dimbismp
10-20-2014, 06:51 PM
1)Amancio keeps saying that in unity the focus of the game is not the story,but player progression.I feel this might turn out to be a major disappointment for fans like me,who are really interested in the ancestor's story.Having an open world is always great,but they shouldn't neglect the story
2)Also,amncio mentioned tha EACH sequence will resolve around a specific target and will end with a blackbox assassination.It may seem great having >10 major open minded assassinations,but i fear it may end up being repetive like AC1.Sure,ACU tries to tuen back to the roots and be a true assassin simulator,but i would also like other special moments/missions except from assassinations.
DISCUSS! :D

LoyalACFan
10-20-2014, 07:05 PM
1)Amancio keeps saying that in unity the focus of the game is not the story,but player progression.I feel this might turn out to be a major disappointment for fans like me,who are really interested in the ancestor's story.Having an open world is always great,but they shouldn't neglect the story

I don't think this suggests that they're neglecting the story per se, they're just trying to give us a real sense of progression again instead of letting us be an army-slaying BAMF right out of the gate. So instead of just having a linear story disconnected from the progression loop, they've rolled it all into one system to let you unlock new gear, armor, skills, etc.

In essence, you won't just be playing the story exclusively for the sake of the story anymore, you'll be rewarded with tangible, useful stuff that ties into the rest of the game experience. They aren't just giving the story the shaft in favor of sandbox gameplay like, say, Shadow of Mordor.

2)Also,amncio mentioned tha EACH sequence will resolve around a specific target and will end with a blackbox assassination.It may seem great having >10 major open minded assassinations,but i fear it may end up being repetive like AC1.Sure,ACU tries to tuen back to the roots and be a true assassin simulator,but i would also like other special moments/missions except from assassinations.

The assassinations aren't what made AC1 repetitive, it was the investigations. Which have apparently been replaced with mod missions, which seem to strike a nice balance. Want to complete all the extra work to pull off a perfect kill? The resources are there. Want to just wing it and sneak in the old fashioned way? More power to you. That is, IF they've been balanced properly.

Fatal-Feit
10-20-2014, 07:08 PM

AC:1 was repetitive because it was still linear.

SlyTrooper
10-20-2014, 07:15 PM

1. The story looks great. I'm sure they've molded the progression of Arno around the story & not the other way around.
2. Why would it be repetitive? AC1's assassinations were really good & these black boxes provide much larger areas & ways to kill the target. Also, the other missions seem to be very open too, so there's no reason why it should get boring.