PDA

View Full Version : AC Rogue Maps

GreySkellig
10-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Access the Animus just posted this image of the three world maps for Rogue. Thoughts?

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1016832_566076350159945_6083361161601447946_n.jpg? oh=069ede68536a8f8557836f8d242c56ab&oe=54ECE07B

The sailing maps look like they have a lot less to do and a lot less open water. Plus, the St. Lawrence River looks nothing like that river map. It's long and narrow, basically has no delta. So what's with the square river, hm? I'm personally just disappointed that the three maps aren't totally continuous. If I could sail from the Atlantic, through NY harbor and up the Hudson, that would be cool. This just looks weirdly broken up. Then again, the River Valley and Atlantic are supposed to be bigger than Black Flag combined.

Fatal-Feit
10-20-2014, 06:02 PM
For comparison

Caribbean
http://www.jp.guihard.net/IMG/jpg/map-social-events.jpg

New York
http://guides.gamepressure.com/assassinscreediii/gfx/word/699316750.jpg

GreySkellig
10-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Going over the numbers, the River Valley and North Atlantic actually seem to have a fair amount to do--some 25-30 locations each, which isn't bad. That's about even with or slightly more than the Caribbean--and of course there's supposed to be a lot more landmass. I'm wondering whether most of the land in the sailing maps is fenced off like in BF or open woodland like AC3's Frontier. Anybody know?

The new NYC map looks much more dense. Obviously the city is bigger because it predates the fire, but if you look at the center of each map, it actually looks like there are a lot more buildings in AC:Rogue's map than AC3's.

LoyalACFan
10-20-2014, 06:16 PM
I'm wondering whether most of the land in the sailing maps is fenced off like in BF or open woodland like AC3's Frontier. Anybody know?.

The North Atlantic map is being called the "naval" map while the River Valley one is being touted as the "first true hybrid" of land and sea gameplay. If I had to guess I'd say the River Valley will be more like AC3 with explorable wilderness, while the North Atlantic's landmass will be mostly decoration like BF's larger islands.

Also, both of them look like they'll be annoying as hell to sail across. BF was pretty much open waters except for Cuba, but these two are going to be like a damn maze just to get from one side to the other.

ze_topazio
10-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Looks good.

MakimotoJin
10-20-2014, 06:40 PM
So there's 3 locations off the world map...Lisbon maybe?
Also,I'm trying to accurately compare both maps,and I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1487349_735650643150020_7244361249400167663_n.jpg? oh=017105c363c908a3320badca895e322c&oe=54B8FC2C&__gda__=1420677221_b27a6cc1216518086eeb7f39d5b53b7 2
This is when I compare the location's and the humpback whale's icons.
Now,this is considering the person fully zoomed out.Also considering I did it right.

ze_topazio
10-20-2014, 06:48 PM
^ I live in Lisbon and I can guarantee you that Lisbon is not located in the North Atlantic, River Valley or New York.

DumbGamerTag94
10-20-2014, 06:50 PM
The st Laurence River does have an Archepeligo. The 1000 islands. That's probably the region they're trying to represent with that map.

The North Atlantic clearly show Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Though they are pretty darn distorted. But so was the Caribbean somewhat. And the AC3 map was all kinds of squashed and distorted.

MakimotoJin
10-20-2014, 06:54 PM
^ I live in Lisbon and I can guarantee you that Lisbon is not located in the North Atlantic, River Valley or New York.

Oh,okay,sorry xD I didn't know it was in Portugal.

LoyalACFan
10-20-2014, 06:54 PM

Principe isn't in the West Indies either :p There are three icons at the very edge of the naval map, suggesting there could be a few locations far outside the core game map (like Principe in AC4). Although it could also be missions like the Black Island and all that that AC4 had on its borders from the preorder bonuses. I know of at least one in Rogue; the Siege of Fort de Sable.

ze_topazio
10-20-2014, 07:02 PM
If a segment of Lisbon really is featured in a mission I doubt we can return there, after all it would be just a pile of rubble after the earthquake.

MakimotoJin
10-20-2014, 07:06 PM
If a segment of Lisbon really is featured in a mission I doubt we can return there, after all it would be just a pile of rubble after the earthquake.

I wouldn't mind to free-run in there.

Megas_Doux
10-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Nice.

GoldenBoy9999
10-20-2014, 10:28 PM
I really hope more than just those settlements are explorable in the River Valley map. They say it's a hybrid so I'm gonna trust them.

The River Valley map doesn't remind me of any river I've ever seen. Then again, I haven't been to that many rivers.

hood3dassassin5
10-20-2014, 11:53 PM
New York is definitely way bigger and denser than AC3's

MakimotoJin
10-21-2014, 12:00 AM
Here's a New York comparison by ATA:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1489016_566145716819675_3997775742653668137_n.jpg? oh=9f13da1eb3a126c6ec4b51d4ee585c04&oe=54B44451&__gda__=1425311084_bf36f58ef5ab364550358e71c19d9e3 1
Definitely way denser.

RinoTheBouncer
10-21-2014, 12:07 AM
To be quite honest, I’m so damn excited for AC:Rogue’s story especially that there was a concept artwork featuring Shay in what appears to be a First Civ. site. I pre-ordered the collector’s edition and I can’t wait o experience the story. However, judging by the locations, the gameplay and the heavily recycled assets, menus and themes, I’m not even remotely excited for the gameplay. I mean, I’d rather just put my Collector’s Box on display and watch the game on YouTube.

MakimotoJin
10-21-2014, 12:10 AM
To be quite honest, I’m so damn excited for AC:Rogue’s story especially that there was a concept artwork featuring Shay in what appears to be a First Civ. site. I pre-ordered the collector’s edition and I can’t wait o experience the story. However, judging by the locations, the gameplay and the heavily recycled assets, menus and themes, I’m not even remotely excited for the gameplay. I mean, I’d rather just put my Collector’s Box on display and watch the game on YouTube.

Ah,if I could buy a CE...

Fatal-Feit
10-21-2014, 12:13 AM

You can't give every Revelations-esque filler the same passion, so go for it.

RinoTheBouncer
10-21-2014, 12:25 AM
Ah,if I could buy a CE...

It’s sad that they didn’t include much in it. They’ve been so obsessed with Lithos and canvas paintings in CEs, lately. I wish they put an action figure or some First Civ. artifact fro the games or something that identifies the protagonist.

You can't give every Revelations-esque filler the same passion, so go for it.

Revelations steals the No.1 spot alongside AC2 on my favorite AC games’ list. It was just phenomenal and I just don’t think that any AC game is gonna have the same depth, warmth and detail that AC:R had.

DumbGamerTag94
10-21-2014, 12:44 AM
Here's a New York comparison by ATA:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1489016_566145716819675_3997775742653668137_n.jpg? oh=9f13da1eb3a126c6ec4b51d4ee585c04&oe=54B44451&__gda__=1425311084_bf36f58ef5ab364550358e71c19d9e3 1
Definitely way denser.

How can you tell it's denser from those????

The first one is irrelevant as it's a real map.

The second is the full AC3 map

The third one you can't compare because it's all shaded in. You can't make out any detail at all except the shape of manhattan island. So there's really nothing that can be compared there.

However if you look at the rogue NY map the area where a circular viewpoint has been unlocked. There is a triangular shaped city block that can easily be picked out on the AC3 map. And it looks to me that the buildings on that block are arranged in exactly the same way.

Fatal-Feit
10-21-2014, 12:55 AM

The third one you can't compare because it's all shaded in. You can't make out any detail at all except the shape of manhattan island. So there's really nothing that can be compared there.

However if you look at the rogue NY map the area where a circular viewpoint has been unlocked. There is a triangular shaped city block that can easily be picked out on the AC3 map. And it looks to me that the buildings on that block are arranged in exactly the same way.

Well, not only does Rogue's NY appear to have more activities (note - I'm saying 'appear'), it also has more buildings. From the triangular city blocks you mentioned, the top one isn't empty. There also seems to be a whole lot more buildings in the north. I believe it's around the southeast of NY that remains relatively the same (which were some of the parts you mentioned).

MakimotoJin
10-21-2014, 01:06 AM

The part that's synchronized.I can see that it's filled with a lot and small squares/buildings.

DumbGamerTag94
10-21-2014, 01:08 AM
Well, not only does Rogue's NY appear to have more activities (note - I'm saying 'appear'), it also has more buildings. From the triangular city blocks you mentioned, the top one isn't empty. There also seems to be a whole lot more buildings in the north. I believe it's around the southeast of NY that remains relatively the same (which were some of the parts you mentioned).

Yeah I definately agree(and hope) that there seems to be much more activities.

Although I hadn't noticed that that upper triangle was filled with buildings. (Historically it was a grass common). They replaced AC3s accurate version with a few(though not very many) buildings.
As for the lower triangle that I meant to say as well as the rectangular block to the right. That one is equally dense to AC3.

I also am not seeing more buildings in the north at all. Perhaps you're having difficulty seeing them on AC3s blue/black on Blue/black color scheme in comparison to rogue's white on black scheme. But there seems to be only a few building in the far north near the lake once again. In the area in the North West part of the map that is unlocked on the rogue map you can only see a small number of white rectangles(representing buildings) in that area. And they are all spread pretty far apart.

In fact most of them coincide with the AC3 buildings roughly.

I'm really not seeing much difference in the 2

LatinaC09
10-21-2014, 01:28 AM

This. I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering how people could tell anything from the ACRO map since none of the viewpoints are synced and it's shaded in. Thought it was just me for second lol!

Fatal-Feit
10-21-2014, 01:29 AM
Although I hadn't noticed that that upper triangle was filled with buildings. (Historically it was a grass common). They replaced AC3s accurate version with a few(though not very many) buildings.

The most popular cities in AC tends to be the most inaccurate, so it could have been a response to fans' criticisms.

As for the lower triangle that I meant to say as well as the rectangular block to the right. That one is equally dense to AC3.

I've noticed that as well. According to some articles and hands-on reviews, parts of NY are relatively the same. --Which I believe are mostly the southeast.

I also am not seeing more buildings in the north at all. Perhaps you're having difficulty seeing them on AC3s blue/black on Blue/black color scheme in comparison to rogue's white on black scheme. But there seems to be only a few building in the far north near the lake once again. In the area in the North West part of the map that is unlocked on the rogue map you can only see a small number of white rectangles(representing buildings) in that area. And they are all spread pretty far apart.

In fact most of them coincide with the AC3 buildings roughly.

I'm really not seeing much difference in the 2

Yeah, roughly. There's the possibility that they've been altered for improved gameplay. The buildings may not have been changed, but additional improvements would explain the noticeable differences.

Also, if you look around the lake, there are more buildings in Rogue. And around the south of the unfogged areas, there are noticeable changes.

We will have to wait for a clearer image for further analyzing.

pacmanate
10-21-2014, 01:30 AM
The North Atlantic map is being called the "naval" map while the River Valley one is being touted as the "first true hybrid" of land and sea gameplay. If I had to guess I'd say the River Valley will be more like AC3 with explorable wilderness, while the North Atlantic's landmass will be mostly decoration like BF's larger islands.

Also, both of them look like they'll be annoying as hell to sail across. BF was pretty much open waters except for Cuba, but these two are going to be like a damn maze just to get from one side to the other.

But the River Valley really doesnt look like it is a hybrid. Idk.

DumbGamerTag94
10-21-2014, 01:38 AM
I'm not seeing any more buildings around the lake @Fatal.

And I am not seeing any "noticeable differences" much of anywhere. Aside from the few new buildings where the common area used to be.

It's far too early to be making these kinds of calls as to how much better/worse different/same the maps are. We can't really tell with what we've been given(at least enough to make a confident verdict on it). It won't be until we can actually explore the city and see a fully unlocked map. So Nov 11 you can't come soon enough!!!

DumbGamerTag94
10-21-2014, 01:43 AM
On another note. I'm feeling it's a safe bet that the statue of King George on a horse in the Bowling Green will be present in Rogue. It was already torn down in AC3 by the time we got to New York.

It may be historically innacurate to have it because I'm pretty sure it was built after the French and Indian War. But it would make the area more distinguishable from AC3, and would add another landmark to NYC.

Idk if it will be but I feel it's a fairly safe bet.

Fatal-Feit
10-21-2014, 01:52 AM
I'm not seeing any more buildings around the lake @Fatal.

http://i61.tinypic.com/359iq11.jpghttp://i57.tinypic.com/343g2ua.jpg

The difference in density is certainly there.

And I am not seeing any "noticeable differences" much of anywhere. Aside from the few new buildings where the common area used to be.

The current map is too blurry, but I'm seeing some noticeable increase in density. I don't know about you, but it looks that way for me.

http://i61.tinypic.com/71pf9z.jpghttp://i58.tinypic.com/2uge7n9.jpg

Much of the foliage have been replaced with buildings or rocks.

It's far too early to be making these kinds of calls as to how much better/worse different/same the maps are. We can't really tell with what we've been given(at least enough to make a confident verdict on it). It won't be until we can actually explore the city and see a fully unlocked map. So Nov 11 you can't come soon enough!!!

True. But we should have some solid leaks to go on, soon enough. :p

GreySkellig
10-21-2014, 02:28 PM
The st Laurence River does have an Archepeligo. The 1000 islands. That's probably the region they're trying to represent with that map.

If so they've done a pretty lousy job of it. The 1000 Islands and A-Bay are nowhere near that dense, and the islands are mostly along the edges of the broad, straight waterway--if it was as convoluted as this map, it wouldn't be the trade superhighway it remains to this day. In fact, a more realistic representation of the region would have been way easier to sail through. They could even have incorporated a new gameplay mechanic of dangerous shoals, which made the river passage hazardous until the depth of the channel was increased with explosives later on.

I'm just irritated (as I was in AC3) that Ubi made a game set in my neighborhood and then proceeded to muck it up. Makes me distrust AC's representations of its other settings.

DumbGamerTag94
10-21-2014, 02:59 PM
@GreySkellig

I agree with you. It's rather annoying that the area I live(I'm a Pennsylvanian) is always horribly distorted. While pretty much every other AC game is roughly geographically correct.

I mean AC3 had valley forge(outskirts of Philadelphia) south of fort Duquesne(Pittsburgh). Seriously Ubi??? And that's just complaints about my region. The rest of the AC3 frontier was awefuly wrong in its geographic areas too. I mean they didn't even try to put them in the generally correct areas.

And now with rogue we get River Valley. While Canada gets the roughly somewhat accurate North Atlantic map. River valley is just random. It doesn't appear to represent anything.

I don't know why they did what they did. I'm sure parts of it are supposed to represent different rivers. Most probably the St Lawrence, Ohio, Monongahela, Allegheny, and Hudson rivers.

I somewhat get why they went with the Archepeligo approach. Because it gives them freedom of range for the story telling. By having nondiscript/uneasily recognizable rivers they have the freedom to in a smaller map(which is already huge btw) many major towns/ events. Now just by clustering towns from a simmilar region on one part of the River valley they can pretend that for instance if a random intersection of 3 rivers were Fort Pitt/Dequesne then they could just pass those 3 segments of water as the Ohio, Allegheny and Monongahela. It allows them to make random areas that roughly represents different widespread regions of North America without the player really realizing it while playing(the illusion is of corse broken if you pull up the map).

Consider it like a movie studio. There are several different sets made to represent different things. They aren't necessarily arranged in the studio in any sensical manner. But that doesn't matter because the camera is only met to focus on one at a time. Just as in the River Valley map you can't be in 3 different areas at once.

I'm sure in practice if you're in one area you're in Pittsburgh, another in Albany, and another in Quebec. It just looks really dumb to us locals to the action without experiencing it.

I'm confident that the "islands" are only shrunken parts of areas that are supposed to represent entire landmasses between rivers. So not really supposed to be "islands" at all.

cawatrooper9
10-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Maybe I missed something, but why do people think that there are locations off of the world map?

Alphacos007
10-21-2014, 03:26 PM
Maybe I missed something, but why do people think that there are locations off of the world map?

Because there are a few ones in AC4.

cawatrooper9
10-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Because there are a few ones in AC4.

Fair enough. It just seemed by the way some people were talking that we had a more substantial reason to think that.

Megas_Doux
10-21-2014, 03:40 PM

I calling that:

based of some artwork of Shay standing at the entrance of what appears to be an icy first civilization vault, Shay might go to the further artic,. For there seems to be some first civilization stuff up there

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/4511/1215211-ac2_codex_map.jpg.jpg

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120512140841/assassinscreed/images/thumb/5/54/ACII-ShaunMap.png/400px-ACII-ShaunMap.png

But who knows.

LeVoyageur07
10-21-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm just irritated (as I was in AC3) that Ubi made a game set in my neighborhood and then proceeded to muck it up. Makes me distrust AC's representations of its other settings.

Really?

I live in the area and don't care.
It is fiction. They can make up whatever map they want to make the game interesting.

Farlander1991
10-21-2014, 03:51 PM
The Frontier is a VERY tricky thing to recreate historically. As is any BIG landmass.

On one hand, you want a HUGE open plain. On another hand, the story requires locations like Monmouth, Lexington, Concord and Valley Forge. Between Lexington/Concord and Valley there's HUGE pieces of land that you got to have for historical accuracy, but they wouldn't really matter for the story. Heck, the Frontier is, honestly, too big as it is now. So they just cut those areas out, and purposefully distorted some others. Let's not forget also that these are all locations we should be able to navigate with relative ease on foot/via trees without taking TOO much time.

Cities are easier because cities are smaller than huge wild pieces of land, and due to the blocky nature of buildings and streets it's possible to make a scaled down version fairly accurately. But wilderness? And huge chunks of it? Man, that's just insane.

I don't live in USA, never have been anywhere near where AC3 takes place, but comparing AC3 Frontier to real life maps... to be honest, the devs have done some very, very, very impressive work.

GreySkellig
10-21-2014, 03:53 PM
@GreySkellig

I somewhat get why they went with the Archepeligo approach. Because it gives them freedom of range for the story telling. By having nondiscript/uneasily recognizable rivers they have the freedom to in a smaller map(which is already huge btw) many major towns/ events. Now just by clustering towns from a simmilar region on one part of the River valley they can pretend that for instance if a random intersection of 3 rivers were Fort Pitt/Dequesne then they could just pass those 3 segments of water as the Ohio, Allegheny and Monongahela. It allows them to make random areas that roughly represents different widespread regions of North America without the player really realizing it while playing(the illusion is of corse broken if you pull up the map).

I get what you're saying here, and I'd actually thought of that with regard to the Frontier. It makes sense from a gameplay/story perspective I suppose, but wow is it annoying for locals. Still, I am looking forward to the River Valley map.

late290
10-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Nope, River Valley is not going to be like Frontier.
See those mountains in back? They pretty much look like that you can't go there.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10469745_566061346828112_1671857940695965479_n.jpg ?oh=e66dabb70060e8f270514f049283d2da&oe=54B74FD7&__gda__=1421455471_314abc2a94043edc2d0d047d1cba399 0

Well, some areas are like Frontier.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10403512_566060116828235_2512824316350379826_n.jpg ?oh=81233e67ade3b752e8a77f6f2992265c&oe=54B56582&__gda__=1420756062_7ea94966bbfdbd0feeb7db1250b6725 e

Wait, what is that? You can rob caravans?
https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1380046_566060503494863_4436526285084391004_n.jpg? oh=3fc997e46d1a451e0b06fddfd4f7eddc&oe=54B16AE6

cawatrooper9
10-21-2014, 04:00 PM
I agree, with maps like The Frontier, The Kingdom, and now The River Valley, you can't really try to accurately portray any specific area of land- the game is simply too small for that to work (and as games like Just Cause 2 show, you get diminishing returns when you exponentially increase the size of a game's map). Instead, they have to make a sort of pastiche of geographic features and allusions to locations to try to create an enjoyable world that can be usable in the storyline.

DumbGamerTag94
10-21-2014, 04:21 PM
I don't live in USA, never have been anywhere near where AC3 takes place, but comparing AC3 Frontier to real life maps... to be honest, the devs have done some very, very, very impressive work.

I never had issue with how the cities were created. And they are meticulous. Created almost verbatim from the historical records and actual maps. They were a masterpiece.

I take issue with Frontier. Not because it was scaled down. That's fine. It's necessary for the game. I get that. My issue is the horrid Inaccuracy of it.

You have places like the Mohawk valley and William Johnson's house(which are in New York) for some random reason in the North of Lexington and Concord(which are in Massachusetts). So I guess NY is in Maine now? Or Monmouth being south of Valley Forge. So New Jersey is in Maryland Now? Or fort Duquesne is north of Valley Forge. So Pittsburgh is in Northern PA now???

And the oddest question of all. If we have valley forge on the map.....and Monmouth....and New York. Then we have eastern PA. New Jersey. And NYC......but then if we have those regions then traveling from Valley Forge to Monmouth would mean going near or through the city of Philadelphia(which was the largest city in the colonies at the time). But yet that city isn't there at all????? What happened did it get sucked into a wormhole????? It's rather odd especially since independence hall is in AC3. So Connor goes to Philly. But where is AC3s Philly????
Must be in Virginia or something idk.

That map was just really odd. I don't mine scaling or leaving things out. But they didn't even have proper geographic directions figured out. It's just a peeve of mine. But the cities were veryyyy accurate.

DumbGamerTag94
10-21-2014, 04:25 PM
See those mountains in back? They pretty much look like that you can't go there.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10469745_566061346828112_1671857940695965479_n.jpg ?oh=e66dabb70060e8f270514f049283d2da&oe=54B74FD7&__gda__=1421455471_314abc2a94043edc2d0d047d1cba399 0

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10403512_566060116828235_2512824316350379826_n.jpg ?oh=81233e67ade3b752e8a77f6f2992265c&oe=54B56582&__gda__=1420756062_7ea94966bbfdbd0feeb7db1250b6725 e

https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1380046_566060503494863_4436526285084391004_n.jpg? oh=3fc997e46d1a451e0b06fddfd4f7eddc&oe=54B16AE6

It looks to me like that outer land boarder of the River Valley is like AC4s islands where you can't go in. That forms the boarder of the map so you can't wander off.

But I think all of the island areas are fully explorable. Which is cool. And they seem to be a lotttt larger than they appear on the map. I think this map is on a veryyy large scale and each of the islands is a lot more area than we think.

And yeah that's cool. But we could rob caravans in AC3 also.

steve.macqueen
10-21-2014, 04:43 PM
The North Atlantic clearly show Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Though they are pretty darn distorted. But so was the Caribbean somewhat. And the AC3 map was all kinds of squashed and distorted.

That was my first thought when I looked at it. It took a few moments before I even recognized Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland, and I live in Nova Scotia. Also, Cape Breton Island is not even there which is about a quarter of the landmass of Nova Scotia. That only bothers me because it's where I am from and I want it portrayed accurately haha. By the looks of the map though it looks like one of the destinations is Halifax though, which is exciting to me! I have been wanting a game where I can play in my city ever since the AC3 setting was announced! Because, you know, actually going outside and walking around my city is too much, haha. Mind you, Halifax looked like it was quite a beautiful city in the 18th century so that's why I really want to play in it. I hope it's a full sized map!! :D

late290
10-21-2014, 04:52 PM
And yeah that's cool. But we could rob caravans in AC3 also.

WHATWHAT?! I must have missed that. How to do it?

Are you sure you didn't mean Defend Caravan?
http://i.stack.imgur.com/Vr4to.jpg

DumbGamerTag94
10-21-2014, 05:01 PM
WHATWHAT?! I must have missed that. How to do it?

Are you sure you didn't mean Defend Caravan?
http://i.stack.imgur.com/Vr4to.jpg

Nope. Idk about defending caravans I never did that activity I don't think.

But I mean rob caravans. It's literally the closest thing AC ever had to random events. You wonder around the frontier. And occasionally you run into a caravan(consisting of usually a covered wagon and a squad of redcoats+4 of them around the wagon. You kill the redcoats and you can enter the wagon gain money.

MakimotoJin
10-22-2014, 02:47 AM
Nope. Idk about defending caravans I never did that activity I don't think.

But I mean rob caravans. It's literally the closest thing AC ever had to random events. You wonder around the frontier. And occasionally you run into a caravan(consisting of usually a covered wagon and a squad of redcoats+4 of them around the wagon. You kill the redcoats and you can enter the wagon gain money.

Yeah,there was robbing and defending your convoy(although I never did it,since there's that effing glitch)

X_xWolverinEx_X
10-22-2014, 02:58 AM

link to the original video becuase that looks like the video from a few days ago and it looked like crap

HiddenKiller612
10-22-2014, 03:07 AM
There was even a trophy/achievement for robbing a caravan without killing any of the guards...

Locopells
10-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Prince of Thieves

HiddenKiller612
10-22-2014, 10:03 AM
Prince of Thieves
http://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/games/5ac8f9/trophies/40Lb63b96.png
Indeed, took me a while to find a convoy, and not be forced to kill the guards...

Locopells
10-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Found the best way was to sneak up behind and non-lethal takedown as many as possible, then go unarmed combat, and stay away from anything for Connor to kick the guards at/over, since that counted as a kill.

Anywhoo, I like the fact that the gang hideout missions seems to uncover all the map, they haven't kept the defogging mechanics from ACIII's NY...

MakimotoJin
10-22-2014, 05:38 PM
defogging mechanics from ACIII's NY...

They wouldn't dare to do that again...

hood3dassassin5
10-24-2014, 01:48 AM
An AC3 feature in future AC games? That's like asking Ubisoft to give people the ability to take their hood on and off. :D

MakimotoJin
10-24-2014, 02:30 AM
An AC3 feature in future AC games? That's like asking Ubisoft to give people the ability to take their hood on and off. :D

Surprise!Rogue won't have a hood in the badass templar outfit....=(

Relmar_Vel
10-24-2014, 06:04 PM
They wouldn't dare to do that again...

I just hope General Stores are on the map like Black Flag and previous games (AC2,B,Rev) after you sync a view point. Probably one of the major things I disliked about AC3, I can understand searching around for secret treasure or items... But walking around aimlessly looking for General Stores was a real annoyance for me.

cawatrooper9
10-24-2014, 08:30 PM

I could be wrong, but isn't that a feature in Unity?

hood3dassassin5
10-24-2014, 08:46 PM
I could be wrong, but isn't that a feature in Unity?

Maybe they have a trailer for it somewhere, lost with all the others lol

cawatrooper9
10-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Maybe they have a trailer for it somewhere, lost with all the others lol

Well, I know with all the customization options you have the ability to basically choose any item of clothing you want, including headgear (or lack thereof, apparently). I don't think you can do this on the fly, though, which may be what you meant.

hood3dassassin5
10-24-2014, 09:17 PM
Well, I know with all the customization options you have the ability to basically choose any item of clothing you want, including headgear (or lack thereof, apparently). I don't think you can do this on the fly, though, which may be what you meant.

Yes, being able to put your hood up at will. I think that this should've been a feature we got early on(Not that I have a problem with hoods) to kinda blend in or something cuz how many guys in the 15th century had their hoods up? or a hood to put up? Now, I think we should go back to AC Rogue's maps, cuz it's starting to get a little off-topic.

So how about that New New York? :)

Relmar_Vel
10-24-2014, 09:29 PM
Yes, being able to put your hood up at will. I think that this should've been a feature we got early on(Not that I have a problem with hoods) to kinda blend in or something cuz how many guys in the 15th century had their hoods up? or a hood to put up?

"Who is that heavily armed person moving towards us? Should we be alarmed?" - Guard #345

"No. He has a hood on, obviously a nobody, look at how he keeps vanishing between three people who don't even wear similar outfits." - Guard #765

"Where did that suspicious hooded fellow go? He moved to a seat and suddenly he's gone from this world... That is Witch Craft if I ever saw it!" - Target #3

Now, I think we should go back to AC Rogue's maps, cuz it's starting to get a little off-topic.

So how about that New New York? :)

Should be interesting to explore, seems like they've made decent changes to the place.

MakimotoJin
10-24-2014, 10:50 PM
"Who is that heavily armed person moving towards us? Should we be alarmed?" - Guard #345

"No. He has a hood on, obviously a nobody, look at how he keeps vanishing between three people who don't even wear similar outfits." - Guard #765

"Where did that suspicious hooded fellow go? He moved to a seat and suddenly he's gone from this world... That is Witch Craft if I ever saw it!" - Target #3.

AC's stealth in a nutshell.

Locopells
10-25-2014, 12:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VaTBklX408

Ichrukia56
10-25-2014, 09:58 AM
@ Locopells that video never gets old :)

STDlyMcStudpants
10-25-2014, 10:02 AM
This is reminding me of Freedom Cry.. kinda squashes my excitement to know NY is our only city :(

MakimotoJin
10-25-2014, 05:21 PM
This is reminding me of Freedom Cry.. kinda squashes my excitement to know NY is our only city :(

Well,there're some urban environments in the River Valley... a little bit,but at least there is....right?

Relmar_Vel
10-25-2014, 05:38 PM
It will suck when you're a ball of negativity. I'm sure they've made some new changes to NY and we have other settlements. We also have a really sexy looking ship... Arno can keep Élise, I get my hands on the deadly Morrigan.

"She's a predator."

Locopells
10-25-2014, 06:54 PM
@ Locopells that video never gets old :)

Indeed!

MakimotoJin
10-25-2014, 08:21 PM
It will suck when you're a ball of negativity. I'm sure they've made some new changes to NY and we have other settlements. We also have a really sexy looking ship... Arno can keep Élise, I get my hands on the deadly Morrigan.

"She's a predator."

The Morrigan sure is hot.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-25-2014, 09:29 PM

"She's a predator."

I was content with Freedom Cry even though it was basically just an island with 2 buildings haha..
I'm just over the islands hopping :D

RinoTheBouncer
10-25-2014, 10:09 PM

This is just super epic!

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-25-2014, 10:47 PM

That. Is. Hilarious!

Locopells
10-26-2014, 12:03 AM
Like Ich said - never gets old...

Relmar_Vel
10-26-2014, 12:07 AM
I was content with Freedom Cry even though it was basically just an island with 2 buildings haha..
I'm just over the islands hopping :D

You will do it to hunt down the Assassins. Go forth and bring peace, freedom, justice and security to your new Empire.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/783b5d12afef05681a38e5c5d0cf5a3d/tumblr_mvt8hxkarD1si2x44o1_250.gif

Beschikbaar
10-26-2014, 01:25 PM
Yes my master.

Fawggy
06-30-2019, 04:25 AM
So there's 3 locations off the world map...Lisbon maybe?
Also,I'm trying to accurately compare both maps,and I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1487349_735650643150020_7244361249400167663_n.jpg? oh=017105c363c908a3320badca895e322c&oe=54B8FC2C&__gda__=1420677221_b27a6cc1216518086eeb7f39d5b53b7 2
This is when I compare the location's and the humpback whale's icons.
Now,this is considering the person fully zoomed out.Also considering I did it right.

I find it hilarious how it ended having Lisbon in the game after all of that 😂