PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Cry Standalone Edition before Black Flag

Mr_Stunner
10-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Hey, I've been playing Assassin's Creed since the first game, I haven't played Black Flag yet because I was planning to buy a ps4 so I decided to wait. So I finnally bought a ps4 and now I think I will wait some time for Black Flag's price to drop, but until 23rd of October there is this promotion on the price of Freedom Cry standalone edition...

So my question is if it is a good move to play Freedom Cry before Black Flag or the story is very tied together

Reaper-59
10-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Freedom Cry continues after AC Black Flag, I don't think it will make any difference on what you play first but I personally would play AC Black Flag before Freedom Cry.

AherasSTRG
10-19-2014, 08:18 PM
It doesn't matter which one you play first. Actually, there are no spoilers for Black Flag in Freedom, apart from the fact of course that Adewale becomes an Assassin, but I guess you already know that...

There is only one "dem feelz" moment in Freedom Cry, which you will miss if you haven't played Black Flag first, but it's definitely not a spoiler.

MontrossXGMR
10-19-2014, 08:19 PM
The story of Freedom Cry happens AFTER Black Flag by around 15 years. However, the stories are not very linked and playing Freedom Cry would not spoil anything major in Black Flags story at all. There was hardly any reference to BF events during Freedom Cry from what i remember while playing

DumbGamerTag94
10-19-2014, 08:21 PM
I would get BF before FC. Simply because it is a far better game.

Also FC is a good game too only it features a prominent character from BF as it's Protagonist. And it also occurs 10 or so years after the events of BF.

It's not very connected to BFs story but if it were me I would definately get BF first.

MakimotoJin
10-19-2014, 08:23 PM
You won't have much problems by playing it first,but Id rather know Adewale in BF before jumping to FC.