PDA

View Full Version : Two New Demo's for Rogue in French (Mild Spoilers)

NondairyGold
10-19-2014, 12:11 AM
Here's two demo's from a french gaming site, there's a gang hideout takedown in the first and a look at the map of New York. In the second one we get a look at the map of the North Atlantic, River Valley and some the inside of Shay's ship the Morrigan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xei_rr4NUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1BZxsiq_d4

pacmanate
10-19-2014, 12:21 AM
That open world Arctic map looks so small compared to the caribbean

Namikaze_17
10-19-2014, 12:26 AM
NY looks different....

And that's it. :nonchalance:

pacmanate
10-19-2014, 12:35 AM
Mayrice has noticed that the Naval Campaign is actually just Kenways Fleet, not a naval side story like Bmark suggested a week ago.

I have noticed that The River Valley lacks stuff to do, and the Arctic map is a squashed caribbean.

Xstantin
10-19-2014, 12:39 AM
I guess it's a minor thing, but redcoats look boring compared to the ones from ACIII.

SlyTrooper
10-19-2014, 01:37 AM
What annoys me is that he didn't show the outfits when he was inside the damn ship!

AdamPearce
10-19-2014, 02:16 AM
Ubi' qui valorise la patrie, marrant.

Is it worth the watch ? Will I laugh a bit ?

Subject J80
10-19-2014, 02:21 AM
The hood up mechanic for a restricted area is still used in the second vid @ 9:12, even though Shay doesn't have a hood. Ah well looks fun enough, at least Ubi didn't forgot the old gen peeps.
And I'm sure they put a lot of hard work into it.
Wonder will it come to X1?

ze_topazio
10-19-2014, 02:21 AM
Why would you laugh?

SlyTrooper
10-19-2014, 02:36 AM
He pulls up his collar. I assume it's for when the Assassins try to stab him.

MakimotoJin
10-19-2014, 03:42 AM
What annoys me is that he didn't show the outfits when he was inside the damn ship!

That's exactly what made me mad.But still,I'm trying to not get close from some spoilers.Yeah,I watched both videos,so I'm not doing it right.

Megas_Doux
10-19-2014, 04:18 AM
NY looks different....

And that's it. :nonchalance:

Same colonial style obviously, but better implemented, good.

Namikaze_17
10-19-2014, 04:26 AM
Same colonial style obviously, but better implemented, good.

Yeah, I like how the streets looks more narrow & stuff.

pirate1802
10-19-2014, 05:11 AM
I guess it's a minor thing, but redcoats look boring compared to the ones from ACIII.

I think they are using the AC IV version of Redcoats rather than the AC III version.

And LOL@ the hood up animation still remaining there. This has rushed written all over it in multiple languages. Still looking forward to it more than Unity.

EDIT: And NY looks better than the last time, they narrowed the streets it seems.

topeira1980
10-19-2014, 10:18 AM
same mechanics as in black flag. i cant see any improvements. still horrible combat...

dont get me wrong - im glad 360\PS3 gamers can have a game as well, but im glad there is a next-gen AC to lead a change. even if ACU is buggy at first it's still a few steps in a better direction, it seems. AC:RO is here to cater for those who havent made the plunge yet, IMO, and probably a cheap product to create for UBI since its mostly recycled code. i hope it's decent but even though it will eventually come to PC i see nothing here that does anything better than AC:IV... and im not a fan of ACIV.

thank god UNITY is coming out this year otherwise i would just drop the AC franchise completely.

Sushiglutton
10-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Must...Not...Say...What...I...Think...About....Rog ue....

Still looking forward to it more than Unity.

:confused::nonchalance:

pacmanate
10-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Imo NY looks crap.

Its just not an accurate representation of NY at all.

AC3 did it well with the wide streets etc. The city sucked for parkour yeah, but still, Rogue's NY is not a NY. Everything is so cramped.

marvelfannumber
10-19-2014, 11:49 AM
AC3 did it well with the wide streets etc. The city sucked for parkour yeah, but still, Rogue's NY is not a NY. Everything is so cramped.

You know I strongly disagr........ah screw it.

Fatal-Feit
10-19-2014, 01:18 PM
same mechanics as in black flag. i cant see any improvements. still horrible combat...

I'm disappointed by that, as well! It's stupid! I hate how they left in the automatic counter-kick. But silver-lining, the Assassins can instant kill you with counter of their own.

I think they are using the AC IV version of Redcoats rather than the AC III version.

And LOL@ the hood up animation still remaining there. This has rushed written all over it in multiple languages. Still looking forward to it more than Unity.

EDIT: And NY looks better than the last time, they narrowed the streets it seems.

Those redcoats are new. They look like a mix between the two. =P

I'm certain the option to have a hood will be available in shops. It's made by the same studio who created Liberation so the possibility is high.

Mayrice has noticed that the Naval Campaign is actually just Kenways Fleet, not a naval side story like Bmark suggested a week ago.

I have noticed that The River Valley lacks stuff to do, and the Arctic map is a squashed caribbean.

The Arctic is 2/3rd the size of the Caribbean. The River Valley is larger. It seems like they're making the sea require a lot more steering and navigating than before whereas the Caribbean was wide open and caused people to put down their controller for a minute or two. It looks to be a nuisance and a blessing.

I don't think the River Valley is lacking content. If you look at the locations on the map, each individual places seems to be pretty large and their activities uses up a lot of the landmass. Some of them seems to be twice the size of AC:IV's islands and fishermen villages.

RinoTheBouncer
10-19-2014, 01:31 PM
I’m really excited for the story, especially after seeing that concept art that had Shay in some First Civ. site and I pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition. However, I’m not even remotely excited for the gameplay or the setting. I mean, I feel like I wanna watch the cutscenes on YouTube and be done with it.

pacmanate
10-19-2014, 02:14 PM
I’m really excited for the story, especially after seeing that concept art that had Shay in some First Civ. site and I pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition. However, I’m not even remotely excited for the gameplay or the setting. I mean, I feel like I wanna watch the cutscenes on YouTube and be done with it.

You know I almost feel the same. I probably could just watch the cutscenes. My problem is paying full price for it.

SixKeys
10-19-2014, 03:32 PM
You know I almost feel the same. I probably could just watch the cutscenes. My problem is paying full price for it.

I'll still play it when it eventually comes on PC, but only when it's gone down in price. This really feels more like an expansion than a full game, not worth 60 bucks.

m4r-k7
10-19-2014, 03:38 PM
I just can't remotely get excited for it, after watching gameplay of Unity. Paris looks 10000000000x better than New York.

MakimotoJin
10-19-2014, 03:48 PM
Well I can't buy a next-gen console yet,buying a good PC has even worse chances,and I'm a AC fan.So Rogue will be the game I'm buying.
Also,I don't care much if New York is going to be bad.In AC3,I liked free-running in trees mostly(in the Frontier),and in AC4 I liked sailing mostly.My opinion is Unity will be the best for free-running in a urban enviroment.Rogue will have naval gameplay at its best(I hope so),and I'm not angry about it.

Layytez
10-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Hmmm still gonna watch a walkthrough on Youtube.

Megas_Doux
10-19-2014, 06:15 PM
I just can't remotely get excited for it, after watching gameplay of Unity. Paris looks 10000000000x better than New York.

Comparing old gen XVIII century NY to next gen Paris and its 1:1 landmarks with seamlessly accessible interiors during the French Revolution is not even fair.......:p

With that being said, gotta admit they kinda addressed the "widespreadness" of NY and that is good. Besides the North Atlantic looks fine and the story intriguing, I am going to watch the playthroughs and look for a reduced price on PC.

harsab
10-19-2014, 08:04 PM

Where is this pic of Shay in a first civ site????

MakimotoJin
10-19-2014, 08:16 PM

I only found this one:
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10593054_552424778191769_4854104886379970741_n.jpg ?oh=a29fae81213e738c3575f0f4b6ab6ea8&oe=54B7C40A

Megas_Doux
10-19-2014, 08:20 PM

Allegedly this one.....

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10593054_552424778191769_4854104886379970741_n.jpg ?oh=a29fae81213e738c3575f0f4b6ab6ea8&oe=54B7C40A

harsab
10-19-2014, 08:39 PM
I only found this one:

oh wow yes i've seen that picture.

Thought it was a different one. Honestly can't wait to see this First Civ stuff! sooooo excited!!!!

Namikaze_17
10-19-2014, 08:51 PM
This game should be sick!!!

Story-wise.

Though I don't think I'll pay sixty bucks for it.

Might as well wait for the full movie to come out. :rolleyes:

MakimotoJin
10-19-2014, 08:53 PM
This game should be sick!!!

Story-wise.

Though I don't think I'll pay sixty bucks for it.

Might as well wait for the full movie to come out. :rolleyes:

I'll buy Rogue,and I'll tell you if it's worth 60 dollars.I'll sacrifice my money for you guys! xD

Fatal-Feit
10-19-2014, 10:30 PM
I'll buy Rogue,and I'll tell you if it's worth 60 dollars.I'll sacrifice my money for you guys! xD

I'll also be doing a full review for the forums and Reddit. :p

My predicted score for the game will be between 7 and 8.

Ureh
10-20-2014, 01:05 AM
*salute* Your sacrifice shall not be forgotten.

---
btw, the streets seem to be almost devoid of civilians. I think around :50 there were only 5 npcs in the intersection? does it have to do with a restricted area, mission, or has to do with time of day?

pirate1802
10-20-2014, 06:40 AM
:confused::nonchalance:

I don't know man.. I know it's not a popular opinion to hold but the story (of Unity) seems generic as hell, same goes for Arno, and Paris, while gorgeous splendid and all, doesn't excite me in the same way as the relatively small Havana and Kingston did. In Unity, outside the gameplay parts, I get an overwhelming sense of been there, done that. Both in terms of the story and the city. Comparatively, while yes Rogue seems for all intent and purpose a reskin, still the story seems very interesting, as does the protag. Location(s) are exotic as well (except NY, not looking forward to it.)

I guess what I want to say is, it's difficult to remain excited about the same kind of thing you've been seeing nonstop since 2009, you know? Part of the reason why I loved Black Flag so much. Was such a breath of fresh air.

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 06:52 AM
I don't know man.. I know it's not a popular opinion to hold but the story (of Unity) seems generic as hell, same goes for Arno, and Paris, while gorgeous splendid and all, doesn't excite me.

Where have you been all this time? :)

pirate1802
10-20-2014, 07:11 AM
Where have you been all this time? :)

I mean the overall feeling of looking forward to Rogue more than Unity. You mean to say there are more crazies like me? :o

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 07:37 AM
I mean the overall feeling of looking forward to Rogue more than Unity.

No, I understand what you meant.

You mean to say there are more crazies like me? :o

*Raises Hand*

I believe you found another "Crazy Person". :o

pirate1802
10-20-2014, 07:41 AM
*shakes hand*
I can't get Unity at launch anyway because my PC doesnt seem to be up to the mark to play it with satisfactorily, and Rogue is coming later on PC anyway, so not sure what I'll do, sit on my bum and watch others gush about the games probably :p

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 07:51 AM
Even though I'm more excited for Rogue, neither game has really convinced me to get them.

Unity's setting & gameplay look fantastic, but it's protagonist & story looks generic and copied.

Rogue on the other hand, looks like it will have an interesting story & protagonist, while it's gameplay is like BF with extra tweaks.

Megas_Doux
10-20-2014, 08:03 AM
In terms of this franchise, setting means like 70% of my experience, so:

http://www.gamepur.com/files/images/2014/assassins-creed-unity/assassins-creed-unity-screenshot.jpg

or

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft2014/AssassinsCreed/rogue/conceptart/acr_env_newyork_rooftops_eddiebennunBIG.jpg

I already accepted stories are not the strong point in this franchise, at least not in a Red Dead Redemption, Arkham or The last of us levels. I see stories as a plus. Rogue´s one seems better than Unity´s, but meh.

Mike111690
10-20-2014, 09:59 AM
I'm very hyped for Rogue. I honestly don't care much for Unity as it's story along with its main character look bland and extremely meh. Rogue's story on the other hand looks fantastic and Shay seems like he will be a very good character with the conflict that goes on with him throughout the game and how he manages to deal with it while cutting down his former brothers. Not to mention the return of Achilles, Adewale, and Haytham. Oh and more first civilization stuff. It doesn't really bother me that the gameplay is similar to Black Flag either as that was by far my favorite AC game when it came to gameplay.

Farlander1991
10-20-2014, 10:18 AM
I already accepted stories are not the strong point in this franchise, at least not in a Red Dead Redemption, Arkham or The last of us levels

I think Arkham's strongest points are characters that are just a delight to watch and interact with, not the stories themselves.

Though, I personally think that Assassin's Creed stories are amazing, BUT... not really told in the greatest of ways. In AC3, for example, there's a hidden jewel hidden beneath the historical cameos and forceful historical event injections and quite honestly dreadful pacing.

AC4 has the best-crafted story of the series so far. It may not be the best story ever, and it doesn't go full on with philosophy of AC1 and ambiguity of AC3 (though it's got hints of both), but it's beautifully told, with very tight pacing (the only flaw in the narrative flow, I think, is that it's barely touched in the open-world gameplay between main missions, for example speaking to Blackbeard between missions like you are able to with different characters in AC3 would help, but as it stands AC4 story flows better when experienced in a linear fashion), wonderful character progression and powerful moments. And also historical characters and events are integrated exceptionally well.

So this actually gives me hope for the future of the franchise narrative-wise, that we will get not only good stories that are beautifully told, but great and deep ones as well.

ze_topazio
10-20-2014, 11:02 AM
The possibility of a scene taking place in Lisbon made me 80% more excited for Rogue than I ever thought I could possible be, even if its just a small area made with slightly altered assets taken from Havana.