PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity looks like a carbon copy of Ezio's story from ACII

WendysBrioche
10-18-2014, 10:16 PM
He even looks like Ezio and has similar hair, was born a noble then his family gets killed,

but...

the voice acting is like, a thousand times better. XD

I'm not sure what all happened, but ubisoft suddenly just made a huge leap forward in the quality of their voice acting. All the characters from the characters trailer look so refined and unique, they're just so much more believable than anything I've seen in an Assassin's Creed game before!

It seems like ubisoft is finally shedding that signature video game cheesyness they usually have in their characters. I cant believe it!

Cant wait for this game!

Sorry for dissing all previous AC games theyre all still treasures!

EmbodyingSeven5
10-18-2014, 10:36 PM
no I don't think so. everyone thought Edward would be a ezio cash In too

SlyTrooper
10-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Seems completely different, if you ask me.

king-hailz
10-18-2014, 11:01 PM
What the voice acting is better.... I am sure you are not from England... cause arnos voice is the most stereotypical voice acting to date...

But anyway they are not the same.......

Reaper-59
10-18-2014, 11:03 PM
I can't see the likeness, except maybe for the hair ha ha.

KeebaElf13
10-18-2014, 11:21 PM
I don't think that the story seems similar at all. Not sure what makes you think that. I'd love to hear an explanation of your theory, though. I think the story seems fresh and I can't wait to see what Unity holds for us!

As far as the voice action goes, I think that voice acting in games in general has gotten much better, not just in the AC games. I mean.. just look at the evolution of the voice acting in the Resident Evil series.. It seems that as games are taken more seriously as a valid form of media the quality of actors that game developers are able to hire has increased. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually video game work became a category in many major acting awards ceremonies.

PedroAntonio2
10-18-2014, 11:36 PM
Arno is way more serious and sarcastic than Ezio...but I agree about their appearences being similar, that scene in the Cast Trailer when Arno jumps from the window with guards chasing him reminded me of that mission in ACII where Ezio visits Cristina.

Radman500
10-18-2014, 11:55 PM
Arno is also alot more educated then Ezio, so he knows alot about the classics etc.....

Arno is also on a path of redemption, while Ezio was a path of revenge

SlyTrooper
10-19-2014, 01:40 AM
What the voice acting is better.... I am sure you are not from England... cause arnos voice is the most stereotypical voice acting to date...

But anyway they are not the same.......

I'm from England & I think he's doing a good accent. But what do I know? People in my school say I sound a little bit American. That shows that I hear American accents way too often.

MnemonicSyntax
10-19-2014, 02:20 AM
It would be a "carbon copy" if Ezio's parents were killed when he was much younger, and went to go live with Cristina who turned out to be a Templar, and then Cristina's pops was killed and Ezio, while an Assassin, felt remorse for it and want to make up for his deeds.

Oh, and if Mario called him "Pisspot." XD

VestigialLlama4
10-19-2014, 06:29 AM
Personally I find Arno very boring. I don't know why Ubisoft made him an Aristocratic Assassin instead of a working-class revolutionary Assassin. I think the class angle will be an issue with Pierre Bellec, who is obviously a working-class guy, maybe even a sans-culotte.

I think the cheesiness was part of Ezio's charm, the fact that despite all the bad stuff that happened to him, he managed to have that humour without denying that tragedy. And also the fact that Ezio's Italianate-English was well thought out and done well unlike Arno who sounds like a plummy snot from English boarding school.

king-hailz
10-19-2014, 08:50 AM
Personally I find Arno very boring. I don't know why Ubisoft made him an Aristocratic Assassin instead of a working-class revolutionary Assassin. I think the class angle will be an issue with Pierre Bellec, who is obviously a working-class guy, maybe even a sans-culotte.

I think the cheesiness was part of Ezio's charm, the fact that despite all the bad stuff that happened to him, he managed to have that humour without denying that tragedy. And also the fact that Ezio's Italianate-English was well thought out and done well unlike Arno who sounds like a plummy snot from English boarding school.

THIS! However I like that he is an aristocrat.... I wanted him to be... It would be boring for me if he wasn't.

VestigialLlama4
10-19-2014, 09:18 AM
THIS! However I like that he is an aristocrat.... I wanted him to be... It would be boring for me if he wasn't.

For me, its the cliche. I dislike the whole Scarlet Pimpernel save-people-from-the-guillotine or the Sidney Carton-Charles Darnay cliche, which is informed by counter-revolutionary propaganda and totally ridiculous to anyone who knows anything about the Revolution and the Terror.

Dev_Anj
10-19-2014, 10:18 AM

I admit I haven't been paying much attention to the story trailers, but how can you say Arno is very boring when we hardly know anything about him? What makes you think he sounds like a plummy snot from an English boarding school?

VestigialLlama4
10-19-2014, 10:37 AM
I admit I haven't been paying much attention to the story trailers, but how can you say Arno is very boring when we hardly know anything about him? What makes you think he sounds like a plummy snot from an English boarding school?

Just my impression from the trailers. He feels like a fairly conventional character, aristocrat who thinks the days before the revolution were easy and pleasant(well for him it certainly was). It's part of the whole Scarlet Pimpernel cliche. And the posh English accent is a major reason. It just doesn't fit the setting and era, or more precisely the mood. I wouldn't have minded American accents even, it would be odd but it's not any less ridiculous than what they are doing. And not to mention that it presents a false idea of that society, like Napoleon had an Italian-accented French all his life because he was an outsider. If he talks the same way that Arno does, something in the texture of that gets lost.

Of course, we haven't played the game but this is based on promotion material and from promotional material of earlier games - Connor, Edward - felt new and interesting and not at all like the usual characters. This one looks just like Ezio but has Altair's flirtation and romance with a Templar, with a Haytham-like voice.

Sushiglutton
10-19-2014, 10:37 AM
First off I agree about the cutscenes, they are super high quality in just about every aspect imo. Love that!

When it comes to the story, it's hard to tell as we (thankfully) know so little yet. I can see why that one shot with Arno jumping out the window would trigger Ezio-nostalgia (also the murder of father figure), but I think the story may be quite different. Seems like Arno is being trained more directly by the assassins and is executing their orders. Also Elise will create a new dynamic. I'm still very excited for the story!

Duckfeeler92
10-19-2014, 02:38 PM
I agree that it is similar in some way; hunting the poeple responsible for his father's death, a love story, similar looks. But there is a lot difference, as well as Arno looking for his farther's killers he is also in love with Elise (Lucky guy) which could turn out to be a great love story it has the potential; problems, worries, similar goal etc. Also Arno is fighting against the French Revolution as well, unlike Ezio who was really just focused on revenge, so although there is some similar there is a lot different, cannot wait for it!

VestigialLlama4
10-19-2014, 03:46 PM
I agree that it is similar in some way; hunting the poeple responsible for his father's death, a love story, similar looks. But there is a lot difference, as well as Arno looking for his farther's killers he is also in love with Elise (Lucky guy) which could turn out to be a great love story it has the potential; problems, worries, similar goal etc. Also Arno is fighting against the French Revolution as well, unlike Ezio who was really just focused on revenge, so although there is some similar there is a lot different, cannot wait for it!
Well Connor was also fighting against a revolution and he had a great deal more at stake too.