PDA

View Full Version : No sequel plans for Connor (See OP for Ubigabe's words)

Pages : [1] 2 3

JustPlainQuirky
10-18-2014, 05:02 AM
By Ubigabe. From twitch stream:I asked this"Rogue is said to mark the end of the Kenway Saga. Does that include Connor considering he did not inherit the Kenway surname?"
http://i.imgur.com/auzYePk.png
http://i.imgur.com/Rvhetyu.png
http://i.imgur.com/SBLWL7x.png
http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 05:06 AM
WTF MAYO?!!

I TOLD YOU NOT TO POST THIS!!

Until it comes directly from Ubisoft a hard "yes" or "no," I'm not believing anything.

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft doesnt tell their employees everything... or that plans change.

JustPlainQuirky
10-18-2014, 05:08 AM
Gabe is an official UbiDev, Humble.

Not only a UbiDev, but a community dev. Literally his job is transferring proper information to the public.

The_Kiwi_
10-18-2014, 05:10 AM
I wouldn't mind a movie like Embers but for Connor, but I'd prefer if it had better animation style
Maybe even a live action one...
WITH NOAH WATTS

JustPlainQuirky
10-18-2014, 05:13 AM
I want Connor DLC.

or Connor/Aveline/Eseosa/Shay'sDaughter co-op game

or worst case scenario a movie like embers.

But c'mon.....The dude didnt even get closure....

#andiwantnoahbackasconnoragain

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 05:14 AM
Doesnt matter. He's not writing the game stories or whatever.

No one told you to post this, seriously.

You're probably gonna upset the a big part of the forums or whatever because you shouldn't have posted that.

That kind of news I don't consider trustworthy.

~~~~~

Kiwi_shane: What if Gabe is lying?
Kiwi_shane: #CantTrustGabe
Aftermath1231: #TrustGabe
Nerdiebeauty: @Kiwi_shane lying about that?
Nerdiebeauty: what**
Kiwi_shane: You never know
Nerdiebeauty: @Aftermath1231 blame quirky
Ubigabe: I do lie all of the time. Johkr is familiar with this.
Kiwi_shane: It's been said that there'll never be a Japan game but other people have said it's possible
Kiwi_shane: I KNEW IT!!

:rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
10-18-2014, 05:19 AM
God damn it just when we get clarification he trolls with a "aaay maybe im lyin"

but by his initial tone I still take his statement as truth

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 05:19 AM
Closure, Sad, Guaranteed?

Those words can only mean he'll die tragically. :(

But at the most, PLEASE PLEASE Ubi just end him off right.

I don't care whether it's by DLC, Comic, Book, hell even an Embers film would be great.

I just want Closure.

JustPlainQuirky
10-18-2014, 05:23 AM

I don't care whether it's by DLC, Comic, Book, hell even an Embers film would be great.

I just want Closure.

Amen

but i preferably want a game.

and not a stupid iOS or Chronicles game.

I mean like minimal: Liberation quality

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 05:29 AM
Er, Liberation, Ios, Chronicles? O_O

*Looks at Gun*

GRREEATTT!!!! ;)

But I'd like a game too. At the most, an Embers film or epic books would bring me peace.

JustPlainQuirky
10-18-2014, 05:30 AM
Ideally:

Last gen game + DLC + Book + Short Film

Realistically:

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 05:35 AM
Now they have to give him something...

Especially considering that EVERYBODY ELSE has something.

JustPlainQuirky
10-18-2014, 05:36 AM
To be fair Shay doesnt have anything yet

He has less than Connor. Shorter game and not even word of DLC.

But his story might be concluded in his game so....

hngnhhh

depressing day today

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 05:46 AM

I really mean Altair, Ezio, Edward, Nikolai, Desmond, Adewale, and Haytham.

Hell, even Shao Jun may get her end in Chronicles...

( Unless it leads into a sequel)

depressing day today

Yes, it does...and I agree. :(

MnemonicSyntax
10-18-2014, 06:49 AM

But his story might be concluded in his game so....

hngnhhh

depressing day today

Not necessarily shorter. Remember Connor also had about 60% of a game while his daddy had the rest.

That being said though, 6 sequences doesn't equate to a short game. Watch Dogs has "five" and it was pretty long and fun as hell.

souNdwAve89
10-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Hmm... interesting statement from Gabe, but this isn't the first time he said something that he ended up changing his answer. Remember the whole speculation of the guy being a Templar or Death that grabbed Ezio's hand at the end of Embers? Gabe said one thing, but he then went back and changed his answer to not knowing for sure. Not trying to say he is wrong, but we should just wait until we get our hands on the game(s).

LieutenantRex
10-18-2014, 07:32 AM

I just want Closure.

At least he won't die a virgin.

zkorejo
10-18-2014, 08:10 AM
Why cant they just make a short animated movie like Embers for Connor for the Connor fans and be done with it. It quite clear they are not interested in making another game featuring Connor (I dont blame them). An animated movie will be a nice closure.

SixKeys
10-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Good. Maybe people will finally stop asking the devs this same goddam question over and over again.

HiddenKiller612
10-18-2014, 08:49 AM
Good. Maybe people will finally stop asking the devs this same goddam question over and over again.
More like, they'll start to ask the question even more fiercely trying to hold out some kind of semblance of hope that one dev might be mistaken. To be honest, they should have just made a dlc for Connor already and gotten over it... Though as we can see, fans of Connor would simply just be more upset because it's not "what he deserves"... which is funny, since he is a fictional character, and fictional characters don't "deserve" anything. They aren't real, their feelings won't get hurt, they won't cry out from the game disc... We, the gamers, aren't entitled to have our every whim met. If they don't want to make a Connor sequel, they won't. Plain and simple as that. Constantly berating them with questions, and demands won't change their mind. I'm neither for, nor against a Connor sequel... I don't hate him, nor out right love him.... but please Connor fans, just stop with the constant questioning and demanding, and turning every thread into a Connor debate. It has gotten very old, and very tiring.

Nihilog
10-18-2014, 09:41 AM
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/blogs/dnews-files-2013-05-drinking-champagne-improves-memory-660-jpg.jpg

Mr_Shade
10-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Think we should alter the title of the thread... since it's a little dramatic and possibly misleading....

Fatal-Feit
10-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Initiates is Connor's free DLC. :rolleyes:

I would take an iOS game over that.

TheHumanTowel
10-18-2014, 10:34 AM
People thinking an official community dev is lying....
http://i.imgur.com/PeaPOXY.jpg

The delusion is real.

Hans684
10-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Looks like Achilles was right.

RinoTheBouncer
10-18-2014, 10:51 AM
The sad part is that they delivered an unfinished story about Connor and decided to make it a “Kenway Saga” even though Connor, who’s the most relevant member of it didn’t have a proper conclusion to his story and now they say that they won’t be making a story about more Keyways when they could’ve made a game about the Keyways after ACIV (perhaps instead of Rogue) that detailed the stories of Edward, Haytham and Connor all together in AC:Revelations style and made the fans happy.

dimbismp
10-18-2014, 10:51 AM
This is getting really old.....My advice?
Accept the situation,stop sticking to the past so that you can enjoy future installments.

m4r-k7
10-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Just put Connor in Unity and end his story there. He doesn't need another game. If we have another main game with him we will still be stuck in the 18th (or even 19th) century, which I really really don't want.
Its a perfect opportunity to put him in Unity during his later age, and they can kill him off via the guilotine :D

ACfan443
10-18-2014, 12:10 PM
I'm confident that in 5 years' time, or possibly even after the franchise's final instalment is out, we'll still have to contend with a deluge of threads from fans hellbent on getting their sequel and vehemently refusing to adopt anything as fact from official figures - even if Yves Guillemot himself were to arrive at their doors with a hand written letter explicitly stating that a sequel will never be in the works.

Just put Connor in Unity and end his story there. He doesn't need another game. If we have another main game with him we will still be stuck in the 18th (or even 19th) century, which I really really don't want.
Its a perfect opportunity to put him in Unity during his later age, and they can kill him off via the guilotine :D

Just shunt him to a lengthy DLC and put this tired, unrelenting topic to rest.

dxsxhxcx
10-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Connor' story will probably be concluded in Initiates where all things go to die... I mean, where all loose ends are tied up...:rolleyes:

Mr_Shade
10-18-2014, 12:51 PM
People thinking an official community dev is lying.....

Happens all the time.. ;)

TheHumanTowel
10-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Happens all the time.. ;)
I don't believe you.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2014, 01:36 PM

RinoTheBouncer
10-18-2014, 01:46 PM
I don’t think Gabe is lying. He’s too nice and awesome to be playing with fans’ emotions like that. However, if a new Connor game was ever made, I won’t say that he was lying, but rather plans change all the time and that there’s no “Never” when it comes to art including video games, films and music. I mean how many times an artist makes a farewell tour and 10 years later, they make a comeback album and how many times we get a move or a game named “The Last something” and being marketed as the official closure but it gets a sequel eventually?

Madonna said that her Blond Ambition Tour of 1989 is her last, and guess what? she made 6 tours after that, and each one is bigger and more successful than the one before, same goes for Metal Gear Solid when MGS4 was announced as the last game, and that anything that comes after it will be spin offs, but guess what? MGSV is happening.

So I’ll just hope that they release a CGI movie for now since there are no current plans for a new game about the Keyways and when/if it happens in the future, I’ll be more than happy about it.

dxsxhxcx
10-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Ubisoft should stop trying to be polite and release an official statement (here in the forum is more than enough) crushing Connor's fans hopes, it seems that's what they're looking for, IMO it's obvious (for those who want to see) that they don't have plans to release another Connor game in the near future (I won't say this might not change some 10 years from now but as of now IMO is highly unlikely this is going to happen), Ezio was a one time situation and (if I'm not wrong) even Ubisoft admitted once they won't be doing that again, the sarcasm in Gabe's answer (the one he says he's lying) is so obvious that it hurts to see people hoping there'll be another Connor game because of it, even this thread's name is a joke when Gabe's initial answer about the matter doesn't even give room for interpretation.

TL;DR version: It's not gonna happen! Deal with it!

ps: this is coming from someone who liked Connor as a character (even thinking AC3 sucked)

EmbodyingSeven5
10-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Connors grave

Connor Kenway
Cause of death: The casuals didn't lick him

Will be remembered as: that guy in AC 3 who stirred up a lot of fan fiction

R.I.P

SlyTrooper
10-18-2014, 03:52 PM
The funny thing is is that the more protagonists we have moving forward, the more Connor will be forgotten.

JustPlainQuirky
10-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Initiates is Connor's free DLC. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

If Connor was downgraded to such a joke status, I would officially just leave the fandom. That's the biggest middle finger anyone could ever pull to their fans.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

If Connor was downgraded to such a joke status, I would officially just leave the fandom. That's the biggest middle finger anyone could ever pull to their fans.

Yep. Pretty much.

The funny thing is is that the more protagonists we have moving forward, the more Connor will be forgotten.

It's kind of sickening how almost every protagonist, including the ones that we already know the life/death of, is coming back in a game or whatever and maybe not Connor.

Starting to get on my nerves.

But...

Something tells me not to give up hope just yet.

Not yet.

It's painful to wait, but it might be worth it.

Hans684
10-18-2014, 04:15 PM
You people could start something like the campaign against Velve for Half-Life 3. The campaign is called "We Want Half-Life 3", look it up.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 04:18 PM
You people could start something like the campaign against Velve for Half-Life 3. The campaign is called "We Want Half-Life 3", look it up.

I think there's already lots of support pages, like lothario's page, out there already but we don't know if Ubisoft is aware of them.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2014, 04:21 PM
I think there's already lots of support pages, like lothario's page, out there already but we don't know if Ubisoft is aware of them.

They are.

However that does not mean things may change.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 04:23 PM
They are.

However that does not mean things may change.

But, but, but... if there is enough support and/or lots of them going around, why wouldnt it change?

They're probably better off not knowing the pages exists if they're not gonna do anything, almost like ignoring, no?

Hans684
10-18-2014, 04:23 PM

This campaign is different, just have a look.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/we-want-half-life-3

Mr_Shade
10-18-2014, 04:25 PM
But, but, but... if there is enough support and/or lots of them going around, why wouldnt it change?

They're probably better off not knowing the pages exists if they're not gonna do anything, almost like ignoring, no?

Fan dedication is great - however - games are not simply created due to that - unfortunately.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 04:29 PM

Oh I see. Now that is what I call support lol

But that requires money I don't have right now T_T.

Trust me, if I had enough money to spare, I would have personally donated to Ubisoft to make a Connor sequel (God's honest truth).

Fan dedication is great - however - games are not simply created due to that - unfortunately.

I suppose, but isn't that what a business runs on most of the time - to meet the supply and demand of its customers?

Not to turn it into a business discussion.

D.I.D.
10-18-2014, 04:32 PM

That's a VERY different thing.

What you've got there is two ad agency interns trying to impress the agency in which they've been placed. They've seen the potato salad kickstarter, and they've tried to think of a sure bet to repeat the trick. I expect they thought they were onto a good thing with the HL3 hype, but it's a failure for the same reason; this is hardly a mass audience feeling that requires a spotlight, and it can't be amped up any higher.

Really, they're just too late. The desire is still high, but people know that it's 99% certain to be in development anyway, and they have learned through disappointment that it will be done when it's done. I don't have much hope for their futures as ad execs anyway, given their poor graphics skills, lack of a core concept, and all-round bad planning.

dxsxhxcx
10-18-2014, 04:33 PM
I suppose, but isn't that what a business runs on most of the time - to meet the supply and demand of its customers?

Not to turn it into a business discussion.

I think there are more people interested in see the franchise/story moving forward than stick with Connor for another game(s), that's why we probably won't see a Connor sequel...

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 04:42 PM
I think there are more people interested in see the franchise/story moving forward than stick with Connor for another game(s), that's why we probably won't see a Connor sequel...

I can understand that, but you can move forward while finishing a character's story/life/etc.

Not saying to do an Ezio thing, but at least finish a character before moving onto another one, which will be unfair if that new character gets the story finished rather than the latter one.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Not saying to do an Ezio thing, but at least finish a character before moving onto another one.
Little late for that now....

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Little late for that now....

We can only hope/wait//pray/dream, right?

"Never say never..." - Mr. Shade ;)

Hans684
10-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Oh I see. Now that is what I call support lol

But that requires money I don't have right now T_T.

Trust me, if I had enough money to spare, I would have personally donated to Ubisoft to make a Connor sequel (God's honest truth).

People donate money to keep this running, all that is needed is to start something liked this. Then the people who want will come running so they get what they want.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2014, 04:48 PM
People donate money to keep this running, all that is needed is to start something liked this. Then the people who want will come running so they get what they want.

And if it fails - do people get the money back after 6/12 months?

We can only hope/wait//pray/dream, right?

"Never say never..." - Mr. Shade ;)

That was referring to knowing how his story continues /ends.. not the format - Gabe has hinted you may find out.. ;)

dxsxhxcx
10-18-2014, 04:48 PM
I can understand that, but you can move forward while finishing a character's story/life/etc.

Not saying to do an Ezio thing, but at least finish a character before moving onto another one, which will be unfair if that new character gets the story finished rather than the latter one.

I think we'll eventually see something on Initiates or maybe a mention of Connor in a future game (maybe Unity), the fans' love for the character certainly didn't pass unnoticed, but I wouldn't expect more than that..

Hans684
10-18-2014, 04:50 PM
And if it fails - do people get the money back after 6/12 months?

No idea, I'm just giving them an option if they really want more Connor. Not by hope and dreams but action.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2014, 04:53 PM
No idea, I'm just giving them an option if they really want more Connor. Not by hope and dreams but action.

Well some fans are very passionate - hate to see they give someone money, for something that might not happen.. and lose it..

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 04:58 PM
That was referring to knowing how his story continues /ends.. not the format - Gabe has hinted you may find out.. ;)

Damn it, Mr. Shade! No more teasing from any of you Dx

I think we'll eventually see something on Initiates or maybe a mention of Connor in a future game (maybe Unity), the fans' love for the character certainly didn't pass unnoticed, but I wouldn't expect more than that..

Certainly feels that way...

Well some fans are very passionate - hate to see they give someone money, for something that might not happen.. and lose it..

Now THAT would suck so bad.

Hans684
10-18-2014, 04:59 PM

Indeed. Would you rather they give the money for something they want, than a campaign that might fail? Like a sequal, for he who shall not be named and not lose it for a failed attempt. The money would be better at your hands than a campaign like that. Especially knowing they want more Connor.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Indeed. Would you rather they give the money for something they want, than a campaign that might fail? Like a sequal, for he who shall not be named and not lose it for a failed attempt. The money would be better at your hands than a campaign like that. Especially knowing they want more Connor.

Such philosophical words.

~~

And on a lighter note, I recently finished inFamous 2, and saw a cute minor AC easter egg:

A movie playing in the theaters called Assassin's Need (Love Too)

Reminds me of Connor so much hence why I posted it here. :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 05:18 PM
I would like Connor to have his in game conclusion in the form of a Rogue┤s DLC. If that does not happen, well...........A hint in initiates or something.

Thing is, I grew weary of North america during the XVIII century, I want other settings and eras.

We all want a new setting.

We just want one of our favorite characters to be "finished."

And yes, I believe a DLC would suffice at this point.

Xstantin
10-18-2014, 05:18 PM
And just when I'm about to go dark with AC news it gets interesting :nonchalance:

Megas_Doux
10-18-2014, 05:19 PM
I would like Connor to have his in game conclusion in the form of a Rogue┤s DLC. If that does not happen, well...........A hint in initiates or something.

Thing is, I grew weary of North america during the XVIII century and in fact the XVII century I in general!!!!!!!! I want other settings and eras.

Sushiglutton
10-18-2014, 05:58 PM
UbiGabe should just tweet the ending imo. Like ten tweets and all of them, except the last, ending on a cliffhanger.

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 06:09 PM

I knew this would continue.

:(

MnemonicSyntax
10-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Mayrice was banned?

jayjay275
10-18-2014, 06:11 PM
If we're ever to get a Connor DLC then for crying out loud do not put it on Rogue.

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 06:14 PM
If we're ever to get a Connor DLC then for crying out loud do not put it on Rogue.

Where else can it go?

I-Like-Pie45
10-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Mayrice was banned?

yes but not for anything in this thread and nothing she deliberately did

if you want to speak to mayrice she'll be on twitter and sometimes the steam chat room

Fatal-Feit
10-18-2014, 06:17 PM
yes but not for anything in this thread

Really? Why? :(

jayjay275
10-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Where else can it go?

Why, Unity of course!

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 06:19 PM

May I ask why?

EDIT: Oh, just saw your last post saying Unity. lol

So...

http://i.imgur.com/SxprH.gif

jayjay275
10-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Indeed. Why not both? :P

Xstantin
10-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Why, Unity of course!

But some think his involvement with the French Rev will feel forced - so, Connor can't be in Rogue, Connor will not fit in Unity, where can Connor go? :rolleyes:

jayjay275
10-18-2014, 06:27 PM
But some think his involvement with the French Rev will feel forced - so, Connor can't be in Rogue, Connor will not fit in Unity, where can Connor go? :rolleyes:

We could just have a DLC with Connor in America? :D

pacmanate
10-18-2014, 06:31 PM
So Ubisoft have said its the end of the Saga and so has Gabe.

Yet you still dont believe it.

Okay guys.

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 06:33 PM
THIS is why I'm saying Ubi might as well make a book, comic, or short film.

Because a DLC isn't enough to fill the rest of his life/ questions.

The Majority of the fanbase don't want another Connor game.

It appears like Rogue & Unity wouldn't fit for Connor.

And dedicated fans ( like Mayrice) would be disappointed if he's reduced to a graveyard such as Initiates.

So since no one can be happy with a Game/DLC, why not just end him in one of my options above?

No lengthy game, or some slap nuts rushed finish...They end him off RIGHT.

pacmanate
10-18-2014, 06:34 PM
You guys are so disillusioned on the fact that we need to see an ancestors who life.

Thats not what AC is about and it sure as hell isnt why we look at parts of their lives, to perv on them? No. To look for something they need to show us for MD? Yes.

Megas_Doux
10-18-2014, 06:36 PM
THIS is why I'm saying Ubi might as well make a book, comic, or short film.

Because a DLC isn't enough to fill the rest of his life/ questions.

The Majority of the fanbase don't want another Connor game.

Why a DLC is not enough?

The most Legendary Assassin so far got 6 memories outside his game, splitted between AC II and ACR and even though I hated the new VA and outfit, he got his conclusion........

And those memories are shorter than a DLC.

pacmanate
10-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Why a DLC is not enough?

The most Legendary Assassin so far got 6 memories outside his game, splitted between AC II and ACR and even though I hated the new VA and outfit, he got his conclusion........

About 30 minutes total I think.

Fatal-Feit
10-18-2014, 06:46 PM
You guys are so disillusioned on the fact that we need to see an ancestors who life.

Thats not what AC is about and it sure as hell isnt why we look at parts of their lives, to perv on them? No. To look for something they need to show us for MD? Yes.

How about both? [insertgif]

But really, in that case, there's no point on Embers. You of all people should know that even though the journey is about the PoE, its the ancestors' stories that intrigues us the most. There would be no point in the Animus if otherwise.

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Why a DLC is not enough?

But you're forgetting that Altair had side games, references, and a book that came with that Cameo.

Sure, Altair didn't have his Full game, but he was never truly abandoned like how Connor is.

And I not saying a DLC isn't enough, just it seems like everyone won't be happy with it.

Haha, I think Altair, Ezio, Edward, Adewale, Nikolai, Haytham, and Desmond would beg to differ. ;)

DeluxedMass
10-18-2014, 06:51 PM
But you're forgetting that Altair had side games, references, and a book that came with that Cameo.

Sure, Altair didn't have his Full game, but he was never truly abandoned like how Connor is.

And I not saying a DLC isn't enough, (It was for Adewale) just it seems like everyone won't be happy with it.

@Pac

Haha, I think Altair, Ezio, Edward, Adewale, Nikolai, Haytham, and Desmond would beg to differ. ;)

*Altair also had a mobile game.

I understand why a lot of people don't like Connor, IT'S BECAUSE OF THE DAMN HAIR at the end of the game! JK

lothario-da-be
10-18-2014, 06:55 PM
My obsession isn't getting closure for Connor, they way Ubi treats Connor fans is. They have been really unfair towards us and they could have ended this whole debate a year ago. They started by saying a sequel depends on fan reaction. After that they say the fan reception for Connor has been good. Sure Connor gets hate, but there are TONS of people that would gladly have another game/dlc/book/movie... with him.

They never stated anything concrete about Connor's future, even this official statement doesn't feel 100% official. If they would just have said after ac4's release "Connor will not get a sequel, he migh get an appearance somwhere in the future but we haven't planned anything yet." I would have been happy with that as an answer. I rather have that than waiting on something that will never come. But oh no that was asked too much for poor Ubi, even after announcing both Unity and Rogue they still thought it wasn't necessary to just tell us he won't get a sequel...

Also how is Rogue the end of the Kenway trilogy? Shay isn't a Kenway and officially Connor isn't either.
End of rant. I am just so tired of this sh*t, just give us a clearly OFFICIAL statement about Connor's future.

dxsxhxcx
10-18-2014, 06:57 PM

And I not saying a DLC isn't enough, (It was for Adewale) just it seems like everyone won't be happy with it.

@Pac

Ubisoft's mentality towards the franchise was different back then

Also how is Rogue the end of the Kenway trilogy? Shay isn't a Kenway and officially Connor isn't either.

Just because Connor didn't use his father's last name doesn't mean he isn't a Kenway, he still is his father' son either he likes that or not, and I believe that what they meant with Rogue being the end of the Kenway saga is that this game will probably be the last time we'll see events that involve characters from the Kenway saga, like Adewale, Haytham, etc...

Didn't Ubisoft say that there's a link between Rogue and Unity? who knows, maybe this link could involve Connor...

pacmanate
10-18-2014, 07:00 PM

Altair had things to show, as did Ezio. It was called a Sync Nexus.

Nikolai is the star of the comics, so duh?

Edward got one game... then he got referenced in Haythams journal.

Adewale got one game as a protag. He just appeared as a quatermaster, massive difference.

Haythams journal was just to extend Connors relation story with his father.

Desmond is the star of Modern Day.

What are you even talking about?

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 07:05 PM
My obsession isn't getting closure for Connor, they way Ubi treats Connor fans is. They have been really unfair towards us and they could have ended this whole debate a year ago. They started by saying a sequel depends on fan reaction. After that they say the fan reception for Connor has been good. Sure Connor gets hate, but there are TONS of people that would gladly have another game/dlc/book/movie... with him.

They never stated anything concrete about Connor's future, even this official statement doesn't feel 100% official. If they would just have said after ac4's release "Connor will not get a sequel, he migh get an appearance somwhere in the future but we haven't planned anything yet." I would have been happy with that as an answer. I rather have that than waiting on something that will never come. But oh no that was asked too much for poor Ubi, even after announcing both Unity and Rogue they still thought it wasn't necessary to just tell us he won't get a sequel...

End of rant. I am just so tired of this sh*t, just give us a clearly OFFICIAL statement about Connor's future.

My. Words. Exactly!

Hood2theBurbs
10-18-2014, 07:22 PM
I personally believe that Connor will appear in Rogue, likely toward the end perhaps in the epilogue. And that he will be mentioned in Unity at least once, he would be trying to reestablish relations with other branches while rebuilding the American Brotherhood right?

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 07:27 PM
Altair had things to show, as did Ezio. It was called a Sync Nexus.

But yet they still had enough time to show Altair dying in the chair, and giving Ezio embers.
( Something that had nothing to do with the Animus)

Nikolai is the star of the comics, so duh?

But yet it was enough time to show his Legacy & End. :rolleyes:

Edward got one game...

We knew Edward's end before BF even came out.

Plus he got his own book anyway.

Adewale got one game as a protag. He just appeared as a quatermaster, massive difference.

But yet he got a lengthy DLC in FC, and his end will most likely appear in Rogue so...

Haythams journal was just to extend Connors relation story with his father.

That makes no sense when 99.9% of the story was about Haytham's life before & after his meeting with Connor.

Not to mention he still got the opening sequences, and his end in AC3.

Desmond is the star of Modern Day.

So what? He still got more Closure than Connor. Regardless of how people feel about the ending, Desmond still got his closure. Not to mention the stuff in AC4 to further this.

What are you even talking about?

I'm just calling BS on your statement that all we need from an Ancestor is what they came across, when in reality all those characters still got endings.

Unlike Connor.

pacmanate
10-18-2014, 07:33 PM
As http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/icons/uplay_small.png dxsxhxcx (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/432307-dxsxhxcx) said.

Ubisofts mentality was different Post AC3.

Regardless. Not bothered. Its said Connors done so Im fine with that.

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 07:38 PM
What mentality?

I'm not following. SMH.

pacmanate
10-18-2014, 07:40 PM
What mentality?

I'm not following. SMH.

The Fact that AC was supposed to be a trilogy.

That there was only supposed to be 3 protagonists with 1 game each.

Etc.

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 07:48 PM
That there was only supposed to be 3 protagonists with 1 game each.

Yep, they definitely went against that one. :rolleyes:

pacmanate
10-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Yep, they definitely went against that one. :rolleyes:

And basically, Ubi are doing whatever they want. We've visited 3 ancestors ranging from Grandfather, Grandson to Son. We've never had that before.

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 07:59 PM
And basically, Ubi are doing whatever they want. We've visited 3 ancestors ranging from Grandfather, Grandson to Son. We've never had that before.

True...actually makes me wonder who Desmond's grandfathers were?

You know, since we were going back centuries upon centuries to view one ancestor.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-18-2014, 08:03 PM
True...actually makes me wonder who Desmond's grandfathers were?

You know, since we were going back centuries upon centuries to view one ancestor.

Allah world war 2 game...........................I WANT IT IWANT IT I WANT IT IWANT IT I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GunnerGalactico
10-18-2014, 08:33 PM
They could've at least ended his story with a DLC or a short cinematic in Rogue.

Damn you Ubisoft!

http://cdn3.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/ian-somerhalder-punches-wall.gif

ze_topazio
10-18-2014, 08:33 PM
I would have played a game about Giovanni or Renato or Domenico or one of Ezio's kids.

pacmanate
10-18-2014, 08:41 PM
I would rather have something like Embers for Connor.

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 08:56 PM
I would have played a game about Giovanni

After watching Lineage, I actually like/prefer Giovanni over Ezio.

So a game would be great. :)

I would rather have something like Embers for Connor.

Agreed...

SlyTrooper
10-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Maybe a game about Connor's child? It would reintroduce Connor without being intrusive. Maybe it could also be about Connor's daughter? People want a female protagonist, so this would help people accept it. This idea is actually starting to grow on me.

SirTookTookIII
10-18-2014, 10:03 PM
While I still hope his end comes from anywhere but Initiates, I'm hoping that the Eseosa thing becomes something that could be of importance in a game. Connor and Eseosa get into contact in 1804 with Eseosa writing part of his codex at the Davenport Manor and we've left off from there with nothing coming in until, I'd assume, Unity and Rogue release so there is probably something linking them to the stories (other than Rogue with Adewale being Eseosa's grandfather, Achilles being Connor's mentor). There is still a lot of room for Connor, Eseosa, and Arno (hell, even Aveline) with the Northwest Indian Wars, War of 1812 (Tecumseh's War and all that other good stuff), and Napoleonic Wars coming up.

SixKeys
10-18-2014, 10:14 PM
People are saying "just put him in a book/comic/DLC/short film!" like you can just fart those things into existence. It's kind of insulting how little effort people seem to think goes into those things. Writing a book or making a comic generally takes at least one year. Making a short film possibly even longer, depending on if it's live action or animation. It's not as easy as simply snapping your fingers and making a book appear. Well, unless you rush it and don't give a crap about actually making it good, which I suspect would only lead to more complaining.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-18-2014, 10:16 PM
While I still hope his end comes from anywhere but Initiates, I'm hoping that the Eseosa thing becomes something that could be of importance in a game. Connor and Eseosa get into contact in 1804 with Eseosa writing part of his codex at the Davenport Manor and we've left off from there with nothing coming in until, I'd assume, Unity and Rogue release so there is probably something linking them to the stories (other than Rogue with Adewale being Eseosa's grandfather, Achilles being Connor's mentor). There is still a lot of room for Connor, Eseosa, and Arno (hell, even Aveline) with the Northwest Indian Wars, War of 1812 (Tecumseh's War and all that other good stuff), and Napoleonic Wars coming up.

Oh yeah, I almost completely forgot about the Eseosa thing. Good points indeed.

People are saying "just put him in a book/comic/DLC/short film!" like you can just fart those things into existence. It's kind of insulting how little effort people seem to think goes into those things. Writing a book or making a comic generally takes at least one year. Making a short film possibly even longer, depending on if it's live action or animation. It's not as easy as simply snapping your fingers and making a book appear. Well, unless you rush it and don't give a crap about actually making it good, which I suspect would only lead to more complaining.

Very true.

We all get a little impatient sometimes, but you are definitely right.

SirTookTookIII
10-18-2014, 10:28 PM

I understand what you mean with that, but if there is anything even in the works then there's a possibility of it being already partway through considering they take a few years to develop the games, leaving side projects that correspond to the game a fair bit of time to develop. Though it's not like I'm entirely sure how long they have to write the books, movies, comics, etc. though.

Namikaze_17
10-18-2014, 10:29 PM

True...

But I'll wait that length if it meant getting it.

I'm a very patient individual. :)

LatinaC09
10-18-2014, 11:37 PM
This will be interesting. Hopefully Connor can get some sort of ending (even if it is just mentioned). Either way I'm sure they will give us something in Rogue since it's the ending to that saga. Connor was one of my favorites but I'm fine with him not being in any more games simply for the fact that there's a lot of other stories that can be told (and alot more places to go!).

Mr.Black24
10-19-2014, 04:24 AM
People are saying "just put him in a book/comic/DLC/short film!" like you can just fart those things into existence. It's kind of insulting how little effort people seem to think goes into those things. Writing a book or making a comic generally takes at least one year. Making a short film possibly even longer, depending on if it's live action or animation. It's not as easy as simply snapping your fingers and making a book appear. Well, unless you rush it and don't give a crap about actually making it good, which I suspect would only lead to more complaining. I don't think they meant it as bring it now, now, NOW! If anything, we are asking if not a main game, than put him in a book/comic/DLC/short film. Simply that. As a fact only. No rush, nothing. We just want a close on Connor's story, period. I'll wait two years if I have too!

If we are going by a book, can we please get another writer that is not Oliver Bowden!!! Please no, his writing for the most part is bad. I mean sure, some events that he creates add more into the story but most of it is inconsistencies and inaccuracies. Like how Edward forbid his daughter from becoming an Assassin? HOW, WHEN, WHERE did he get this sort of thinking? He became fairly open minded at the end of the game. His good friend, Mary Read was female AND an Assassin! As for Jennifer, how was she cold to Haytham all of a sudden? What because Edward is training him to become an Assassin but not her? If he does something like this to Connor's story, I'm going to flip. I'd recommend someone like Christie Golden for example, now that is a good game to book writer. Being a Starcraft fan myself, she expanded the lore of the Starcraft lore greatly and richly. I truly bowed down to her for the series, Starcraft: The Dark Templar Saga trilogy. She understood the characters, the lore, all those great things. The description of the characters, places, events unfolding, all well crafted. Nothing odd that stood out in the Starcraft Universe, the books were positively received by the fandom.

As for the short film: I'm happy with the Embers style! I'm curious to see what if they approach a different artistic style to the film.

By the way, why is Mayrice banned?

Namikaze_17
10-19-2014, 04:29 AM
For something...I wasn't paying attention. :confused:

XyphoidProcess
10-19-2014, 07:06 AM
I'm confused - isn't Rogue set before Assassin's Creed 3? How would Conner be in it?

Fatal-Feit
10-19-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm confused - isn't Rogue set before Assassin's Creed 3? How would Conner be in it?

Time-skip(s) or DLC(s).

pacmanate
10-19-2014, 01:22 PM
LOL at top comment here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/2jo6hd/connor_confirmed_possibly_no_sequel_plans/

I told the redditors never to come here due to cray fans.

I did them a favour I think. Taking one for the team.

ze_topazio
10-19-2014, 01:32 PM
^

Connor will be a supporting character in Assassin's Creed III: Liberation II: Vasquez's Revenge

I like this person's idea.

pacmanate
10-19-2014, 01:36 PM
I love AC's Reddit. They comment better ideas and don't infight as much. And they are funnies.

Fatal-Feit
10-19-2014, 01:41 PM
I love AC's Reddit. They comment better ideas and don't infight as much. And they are funnies.

Not really. A lot of their ideas are either late or a reiteration of ideas.

But yeah, they're awesome and are a lot more civilized sometimes. Although, I feel like a lot of them like to tread into past topics. e.i ''Does anyone else think/feel'' topics. Ugh.

pacmanate
10-19-2014, 01:42 PM
Not really. A lot of their ideas are either late or a reiteration of ideas.

But yeah, they're awesome and are a lot more civilized sometimes. Although, I feel like a lot of them like to tread into past topics. e.i ''Does anyone else think/feel'' topics. Ugh.

How can ideas be "late"?

Fatal-Feit
10-19-2014, 01:46 PM
How can ideas be "late"?

There would already be videos or discussions of the ideas on Youtube on this forums before someone brings up there. AC:Reddit tends to be behind the curve. That's why I use it less.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sell them short, I use AC:Reddit. :p

TheHumanTowel
10-19-2014, 02:26 PM
LOL at top comment here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/2jo6hd/connor_confirmed_possibly_no_sequel_plans/

I told the redditors never to come here due to cray fans.

I did them a favour I think. Taking one for the team.
omg i told you not to post this pacmanate :mad:

SixKeys
10-19-2014, 02:39 PM
I don't think they meant it as bring it now, now, NOW! If anything, we are asking if not a main game, than put him in a book/comic/DLC/short film. Simply that. As a fact only. No rush, nothing. We just want a close on Connor's story, period. I'll wait two years if I have too!

That's exactly what they mean. It's been less than 2 years since every final bit of AC3 content came out (including ToKW). It takes years to make good content, be it written, drawn or gameplay. IF (hypothetically) Ubi was working on any Connor content as a direct response to his popularity, it would take between 1-3 years to produce it. In that time, they of course wouldn't say anything about it because production is never certain. Things get announced and then cancelled due to whatever internal reasons. (See: AC Utopia, Project Legacy, Ezio Nintendo DS game) Hell, we know for a fact that they're working on the next AC game as we speak - it's the nature of the beast - yet if you ask them directly about it, you'll get a "we don't comment on rumors and speculation". Why do you think they would tell us now if they were working on a continuation for Connor's story in some format?

They COULD, in theory, be working on something for Connor right now. It would take them years of hard work and they wouldn't want to announce it before they're ready. But people don't want to wait. People DO want everything right now. They expect things like comic books and movies to be so easy Ubi could just fart them into existence. Hell, we GOT a Connor DLC, three whole episodes of it, but people weren't satisfied because it didn't end with him dying or getting laid. Fans are super entitled and for that reason alone I hope Ubi never goes out of their way to bow to their every demand.

SixKeys
10-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Also, regarding DLC: I like Aveline better than Connor, but you don't see me b****ing about how they never gave her a "proper" ending. "Waaah waah, Aveline got a DLC but we didn't see her die or pass her genes on, so her fans are totally getting shafted!". She actually got a DLC and it sucked. Connor's DLC was better and had way more money poured into it, yet Connor fans still complain that HE didn't get the treatment he deserved, as if video game characters "deserve" anything at all. The person who penned Connor's story (Corey May) has moved on, he's not even working on AC anymore. If he really had more stories to tell about Connor, don't you think he would protest Ubi's lack of plans for the character? Connor's ending was fine the way it was. It was sad and unfulfilling due to its lack of a happy ending, just like Connor's life. To make another story that shows him happily married or giving some grand, memorable speech as his dying words would diminish the impact of AC3's ending. People won't be satisfied unless every protagonist goes out like a hero. They even threw a hissy fit after finding out how Edward dies in "Forsaken" Ambushed by some thugs in his own home instead of an epic naval battle or something. Before we knew who Edward was (prior to playing as him in AC4), people didn't care that he died unceremoniously. That's how things go in RL. But after people played as him and got it in their heads that Edward was some kind of superhuman badass, they became furious that he died in a less than satisfying way. As if great people couldn't have less-than-great deaths.

Death isn't supposed to be satisfying. Some people slip in the shower or die of pneumonia. In fact, if Ubi ever does make a DLC where Connor dies, I hope they do something like that. The fanboy/girl rage would be absolutely hilarious.

Fatal-Feit
10-19-2014, 03:49 PM
That's exactly what they mean. It's been less than 2 years since every final bit of AC3 content came out (including ToKW). It takes years to make good content, be it written, drawn or gameplay. IF (hypothetically) Ubi was working on any Connor content as a direct response to his popularity, it would take between 1-3 years to produce it. In that time, they of course wouldn't say anything about it because production is never certain. Things get announced and then cancelled due to whatever internal reasons. (See: AC Utopia, Project Legacy, Ezio Nintendo DS game) Hell, we know for a fact that they're working on the next AC game as we speak - it's the nature of the beast - yet if you ask them directly about it, you'll get a "we don't comment on rumors and speculation". Why do you think they would tell us now if they were working on a continuation for Connor's story in some format?

They COULD, in theory, be working on something for Connor right now. It would take them years of hard work and they wouldn't want to announce it before they're ready. But people don't want to wait. People DO want everything right now. They expect things like comic books and movies to be so easy Ubi could just fart them into existence. Hell, we GOT a Connor DLC, three whole episodes of it, but people weren't satisfied because it didn't end with him dying or getting laid. Fans are super entitled and for that reason alone I hope Ubi never goes out of their way to bow to their every demand.

It took developers no less than 2 years to come up with 3 extra games for Ezio. 2 full sequels and a DS one. 5, if you included the app store. And not only that, they were able to produce a short film, Embers (6 months).

Freedom Cry took developers 2 months. The Aveline DLC was probably made within a few weeks. Assassin's Creed Rogue was obviously produced after AC:IV. [EDIT] They've even gone ahead and remade Liberation in HD.

Don't tell us we are too entitled, the developers have proven that they COULD give us a DLC, short film, or a sequel by now. Hell, an Embers-like short film would have had a trailer by now. The fact of the matter is, since AC:3, Ubisoft have proven to have no interest in furthering Connor's story aside from teases with AC:Initiates.

If it was a year ago, you might have the right to tell fans they're super entitled, but as it stands, you're wrong. Ubisoft have proven otherwise.

Fatal-Feit
10-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Also, regarding DLC: I like Aveline better than Connor, but you don't see me b****ing about how they never gave her a "proper" ending. "Waaah waah, Aveline got a DLC but we didn't see her die or pass her genes on, so her fans are totally getting shafted!". She actually got a DLC and it sucked.

Her DLC didn't suck, it was underrated. I thought it was great. It was structured like a mission in AC:2/Brotherhood, with plenty of dynamic chases, exploration, and parkouring segments, but also included a fair amount of open stealth from AC:IV. It's everything I wish AC:2/AC:B/AC:L could be.

Regarding the rest of your post, Connor doesn't have to die and his closure doesn't have to be tragic. The fact of the matter is, people weren't satisfied with his ending in AC:3. It wasn't enough, and it sure as well wasn't closure after reading Forsaken or listening to the unused dialog. To me, it felt like the start of an epic adventure. --> With the French Revolution being his next appearance.

If anything, the fans of Connor felt like there wasn't enough of him. He only got 6 sequences in AC:3, and most of it felt like a tour through the American Revolution. The novel was about his father and the sequels, Black Flag and Rogue, are before Connor began his journey. At this point, Aveline actually got more than Connor.

D.I.D.
10-19-2014, 04:44 PM
And not only that, they were able to produce a short film, Embers (6 months).

Freedom Cry took developers 2 months. The Aveline DLC was probably made within a few weeks. Assassin's Creed Rogue was obviously produced after AC:IV.

You're talking as though one team makes all of these things, one after another. That's not how it works.

Embers was made by an animation studio, while the game was being developed. Freedom Cry was not made in two months, nor was it begun after ACIV was on the shelves. The Aveline DLC could not possibly be made in two weeks.

Rogue was being built alongside ACIV, in much the same way that IV was built alongside III. Each of those games required the gameplay developments of the game before it, but none needed the preceding game to be completed before they could exist.

Fatal-Feit
10-19-2014, 05:04 PM
You're talking as though one team makes all of these things, one after another. That's not how it works.

Well, I did say developer(s). I wasn't naming a specific group or team. Only the people who've produced these content as a whole.

Embers was made by an animation studio, while the game was being developed. Freedom Cry was not made in two months, nor was it begun after ACIV was on the shelves. The Aveline DLC could not possibly be made in two weeks.

Rogue was being built alongside ACIV, in much the same way that IV was built alongside III. Each of those games required the gameplay developments of the game before it, but none needed the preceding game to be completed before they could exist.

From one of Loomer's interview with FC's actor/composer, they said Freedom Cry was made within 2 months. I'm not sure about Aveline's DLC, but if they could make FC within a few months, it sure as hell didn't take more than a month, let alone a few weeks.

Anyhow, whether they're made by different teams or studios, Ubisoft have shown they are fully capable of releasing more content for a protagonist. With all of the past opportunities, they've proven to show no interest in furthering his story.

Kakuzu745
10-19-2014, 07:08 PM
Lmao...Connor has to be the most disrespected character in this franchise haha. Well...I will still secretly hope for my Connor & Aveline CO-OP game. Worst case scenario kill him in a game a la Liberation.

Mr.Black24
10-19-2014, 08:17 PM
I would like to see a Connor/Aveline/Arno/Elise Co OP DLC, seeing them going kick *** supreme would be sick!

STDlyMcStudpants
10-19-2014, 09:26 PM
They are just trying to surprise us :nonchalance:

X_xWolverinEx_X
10-19-2014, 09:42 PM
Guys Darby has confirmed gabes words of no Connor sequel as true . sorry folks

M

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-19-2014, 09:50 PM
They are just trying to surprise us :nonchalance:

That's what I'm thinking... and hoping.

Guys Darby has confirmed gabes words of no Connor sequel as true . sorry folks

M

Guess again:

http://i60.tinypic.com/szzxfs.png

Even the great Darby himself says he was a great character, so take that, "haters" :p

SixKeys
10-19-2014, 09:52 PM
It took developers no less than 2 years to come up with 3 extra games for Ezio. 2 full sequels and a DS one. 5, if you included the app store. And not only that, they were able to produce a short film, Embers (6 months).

Freedom Cry took developers 2 months. The Aveline DLC was probably made within a few weeks. Assassin's Creed Rogue was obviously produced after AC:IV. [EDIT] They've even gone ahead and remade Liberation in HD.

Don't tell us we are too entitled, the developers have proven that they COULD give us a DLC, short film, or a sequel by now. Hell, an Embers-like short film would have had a trailer by now. The fact of the matter is, since AC:3, Ubisoft have proven to have no interest in furthering Connor's story aside from teases with AC:Initiates.

If it was a year ago, you might have the right to tell fans they're super entitled, but as it stands, you're wrong. Ubisoft have proven otherwise.

Do your calculations include the time taken for research and writing? I doubt it.

The DS game was in the planning stages for a while before it was transformed into ACR halfway through. Meaning some of the writing and gameplay concepts were already in existence. The bulk of the production time (10 months) was taken up by animation, voice-acting, music etc. Embers is a small miracle, I'll give you that. Keep in mind that this happened at the cusp of Ubi officially announcing they planned to make AC a yearly thing. Nowadays things are planned much more in advance and production can start earlier. I'm sure a Liberation HD release was always on the cards, and Rogue is barely a full game with its 6 sequences, more like an expansion pack. No doubt Rogue was being worked on at the same time as AC4.

Alta´r didn't get a "proper" console sequel until 4 years after his first game. The handheld games he starred in were met with universally poor reviews. Were the forums flooded with threads about how unfair Ubi was to his character? No. We assumed his story was ended after AC1, even though it ended on a huge cliffhanger in comparison to Connor. Connor fans are acting entitled.

GunnerGalactico
10-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Do your calculations include the time taken for research and writing? I doubt it.

The DS game was in the planning stages for a while before it was transformed into ACR halfway through. Meaning some of the writing and gameplay concepts were already in existence. The bulk of the production time (10 months) was taken up by animation, voice-acting, music etc. Embers is a small miracle, I'll give you that. Keep in mind that this happened at the cusp of Ubi officially announcing they planned to make AC a yearly thing. Nowadays things are planned much more in advance and production can start earlier. I'm sure a Liberation HD release was always on the cards, and Rogue is barely a full game with its 6 sequences, more like an expansion pack. No doubt Rogue was being worked on at the same time as AC4.

Alta´r didn't get a "proper" console sequel until 4 years after his first game. The handheld games he starred in were met with universally poor reviews. Were the forums flooded with threads about how unfair Ubi was to his character? No. We assumed his story was ended after AC1, even though it ended on a huge cliffhanger in comparison to Connor.Connor fans are acting entitled.

I actually got into a huge argument about that in one of the local forums in my country and I found myself on the receiving end of a lot of hateful posts from the Ezio fans.

TheHumanTowel
That's what I'm thinking... and hoping.

Guess again:

Even the great Darby himself says he was a great character, so take that, "haters" :p
lol he just said it's extremely unlikely. That basically means they have no plans for a Connor sequel. And given the way this series simultaneously develops it's entries that means they have no Connor for at least the next 5 years. You need to face reality.

D.I.D.
From one of Loomer's interview with FC's actor/composer, they said Freedom Cry was made within 2 months. I'm not sure about Aveline's DLC, but if they could make FC within a few months, it sure as hell didn't take more than a month, let alone a few weeks.

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nko-3ezBGMc

That was just the soundtrack, not the game, but even the music production schedule was longer than that. They did recording of some performances of the folk songs before beginning the rest of the composition:

(14:55) "We did the recording last July"

As he said somewhere in the fifth minute, when he first met with Ubisoft to discuss FC, they showed him the game already (in what stage of completion, he does not elaborate). He says at 19:20 that they first entered discussions in June, so that's when he would have seen the game. He then continues to say that they took 15 days to record the folk songs' vocal performances, and then took another eight weeks (perhaps this is the two months you remember?) just to write the strings arrangements, and as he says: "only 8 weeks", because that's a short period to do something like that. Then he says they had another 3 weeks to do the mission work. This is clearly a much longer overall game production than two months.

They have some pretty remarkable in-house tools now for very fast prototyping, but you've still got concept art, writing, new modelling, new items/weapons, location layouts, animation, mission design, casting, audio recording/production, testing. It would be impossible.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-19-2014, 10:15 PM
lol he just said it's extremely unlikely. That basically means they have no plans for a Connor sequel. And given the way this series simultaneously develops it's entries that means they have no Connor for at least the next 5 years. You need to face reality.

Am I a broken record or what?

I'm pointing to the fact that he didn't say yes or no.

Unlikely can change, and yes I know that it may take even 10 years and not in the immediate future, but still no direct answer was given.

m4r-k7
10-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Unlikely can change, and yes I know that it may take even 10 years and not in the immediate future, but still no direct answer was given.

So for the next 10 years, we are still going to continue to get "Connor needs to return" threads? :P

Namikaze_17
10-19-2014, 10:50 PM
Alta´r didn't get a "proper" console sequel until 4 years after his first game. The handheld games he starred in were met with universally poor reviews. Were the forums flooded with threads about how unfair Ubi was to his character? No. We assumed his story was ended after AC1, even though it ended on a huge cliffhanger in comparison to Connor. Connor fans are acting entitled.

Like I said earlier, Altair was never truly abandoned like how Connor is. He still got side games, references, and a book that came along with that cameo.
So yes, he never got his game.

But at least Ubi treated him like he existed unlike Connor.

Fatal-Feit
10-19-2014, 10:57 PM

I don't see how that matters. It's already a fact that Ezio have had 2 sequels (unplanned pre-AC:2 release), novels, a DS game, and a short film within about 2 years. Ubisoft are fully capable of giving Connor more by now, especially after 2 years.

That doesn't matter because, again, Altair didn't get shafted. He got one full game, 2 handheld games that furthered his story (one's a prequel, I believe), a novel (that's about him), a comic, and he wasn't absent in the later game. He was still a present character who had plenty of importance in AC:2 and Revelations. Connor doesn't seem to have any importance in Rogue, which is the Kenways equivalent of Revelations.

Did he have a proper sequel? No, but he sure as hell have had more than what Connor fans are left with. And it's funny because if Connor didn't have dedicated fans, people would have probably forgotten him due to his almost nonexistence after AC:3. Actually, you know what's funnier? The fact that the side characters such as Aveline, Adewale, Achilles, and Haytham have had more opportunities to further their characters even more.

Stop trying to use other Assassins as examples. Non of them have been as left in the dark as Connor was. Period.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-19-2014, 11:00 PM
So for the next 10 years, we are still going to continue to get "Connor needs to return" threads? :P

Very funny :rolleyes:

Like I said earlier, Altair was never truly abandoned like how Connor is. He still got side games, references, and a book that came along with that cameo.

I don't think that Ubisoft is abandoning him anymore.

Small things they've done made me think otherwise.

Like how they remembered his birthday, events, recently got some lineage artwork done, a limited edition statue came out.

Abandoned is not the word I don't think. Cant put my finger on it though.

Fatal-Feit
10-19-2014, 11:09 PM

You preach it, brother.

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nko-3ezBGMc

That was just the soundtrack, not the game, but even the music production schedule was longer than that. They did recording of some performances of the folk songs before beginning the rest of the composition:

(14:55) "We did the recording last July"

As he said somewhere in the fifth minute, when he first met with Ubisoft to discuss FC, they showed him the game already (in what stage of completion, he does not elaborate). He says at 19:20 that they first entered discussions in June, so that's when he would have seen the game. He then continues to say that they took 15 days to record the folk songs' vocal performances, and then took another eight weeks (perhaps this is the two months you remember?) just to write the strings arrangements, and as he says: "only 8 weeks", because that's a short period to do something like that. Then he says they had another 3 weeks to do the mission work. This is clearly a much longer overall game production than two months.

They have some pretty remarkable in-house tools now for very fast prototyping, but you've still got concept art, writing, new modelling, new items/weapons, location layouts, animation, mission design, casting, audio recording/production, testing. It would be impossible.

Good analysis. Okay, more than a few months, but my point stands.

Assassin_M
10-19-2014, 11:31 PM
If you don't like the thread or its topic, move along fellas. I believe that's what some of you here have told some of us when we expressed dislike of that Parity crap thread, yeah? practice what you preach. If they want to dream of a Connor sequel, let them. If they want to cancel pre orders over 180ps and 30 frames, then let them. No one's gonna change anyone's mind.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-19-2014, 11:38 PM
It's kinda bs that connor gets the shaft really.
Freaking Aveline even gets a 1 hour waste of time, adds nothing to the story spot in AC4...
Adawele even getting closure in Rogue....
We already have Achillies closure, we will get his beginning in rogue.. same with Haytham...
But connor what does he get?
1 game, an appearence in liberation and a mention in the aveline bonus content...
Connor should've been the star of this china game...
I think a 2D platformer story with no words.. just beautiful paint splats for blood.. let the pictures do the talking.. Connor finally gets to the end of this one massive liniar platforming level to sacrifice himself...wouldve been a beautiful way to give closure to the true founder of the great country i live in.

Megas_Doux
10-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Ubisoft is getting a lot of hate recently in the likes of the Watch dogs graphics incident, the Co-op women thing, the 1080p to 900p and such. Although Connor has many, many fans, he also gets tons of hate, more than any other protagonist in the series,

Darby tweeting that "the character is so polarizing" kinda confirms my theory: They are afraid of what would happen if they cast Connor again in any media, let alone a full sequel.

Assassin_M
10-19-2014, 11:50 PM
Ubisoft is getting a lot of hate recently in the likes of the Watch dogs graphics incident, the Co-op women thing, the 1080p to 900p and such. Although Connor has many, many fans, he also gets tons of hate, more than any other protagonist in the series,

Darby tweeting that "the character is so polarizing" kinda confirms my theory: They are afraid of what would happen if they cast Connor again in any media, let alone a full sequel.
Agreed

Namikaze_17
10-19-2014, 11:53 PM
Darby tweeting that "the character is so polarizing" kinda confirms my theory: They are afraid of what would happen if they cast Connor again.........

But things can't be as bad with him as it was in 2012-2013. If most people REALLY didn't like Connor, they wouldn't pay mind and let others enjoy him.

I don't like Aveline that much, but do I go on Liberation vids and bash her? No. Because I have better things to do.

They DON'T have to put him in a Sequel or Main role, just an ending for him to go off on is all we want. I mean, if Altair, Ezio, Edward, Haytham, Nikolai, Adewale, and Desmond fans have this luxury, why can't we?

D.I.D.
10-20-2014, 12:02 AM
Good analysis. Okay, more than a few months, but my point stands.

I reckon we're talking about a year, in total. But yes, although it's not something I'm desperate to see, it could be done. Besides, I would never want to crush the dreams of a person with what appears to be a Bee and Puppycat avatar.

Megas_Doux
10-20-2014, 12:06 AM
But things can't be as bad with him as it was in 2012-2013. If most people REALLY didn't like Connor, they wouldn't pay mind and let others enjoy him.

I don't like Aveline that much, but do I go on Liberation vids and bash her? No. Because I have better things to do.

They DON'T have to put him in a Sequel or Main role, just an ending for him to go off on is all we want. I mean, if Altair, Ezio, Edward, Haytham, Nikolai, Adewale, and Desmond fans have this luxury, why can't we?

Sixkeys posted in another thread that DLC┤s, CGI movies, comics and let alones games do not grow on trees. There might be something in the future, Ubi might be waiting for the things to settle down, but nobody knows.

They confirmed that AC IV is Edward┤s first and last game, they have not done that with Connor . Thing is, that in itsef seems cruel to me, for there is nothing worse than uncertainty.......

ze_topazio
10-20-2014, 12:10 AM

That is not how most people work.

Fatal-Feit
10-20-2014, 12:11 AM
Sixkeys posted in another thread that DLC┤s, CGI movies, comics and let alones games do not grow on trees.

Let's not pretend they cost Ubisoft an arm and a leg. Since AC:2, they've had tonnes and tonnes of these. I remember not being able to keep up with all of AC:2 and Brotherhood's many shenanigans. :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-20-2014, 12:13 AM

Sixkeys posted in another thread that DLC┤s, CGI movies, comics and let alones games do not grow on trees. There might be something in the future, Ubi might be waiting for the things to settle down, but nobody knows.

They confirmed that AC IV is Edward┤s first and last game, they have not done that with Connor . Thing is, that in itsef seems cruel to me, for there is nothing worse than uncertainty.......

Exactly. Kinda true.

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 12:16 AM

I'm not saying they do. And neither would I rush them if they were making something for Connor. But Continuously not giving us answers while giving us nothing is really grinding my gears.

They confirmed that AC IV is Edward┤s first and last game, they have not done that with Connor .

Of Course...we knew what happened to Edward beforehand.
And you're right...they haven't. :(

Thing is, that in itsef seems cruel to me, nothing worse than uncertainty.......

Agreed.

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 12:23 AM
That is not how most people work.

Hence why uppercased the 'Really'.

I don't like Aveline which to me translates into I don't care about her.

And since I don't care, I don't bother with her or her fans.

( Sigh) But like you said, most people don't have this mentality.

GoldenBoy9999
10-20-2014, 01:46 AM
Maybe Ubisoft should post a poll asking people if they would like or dislike another Connor game. They're afraid of the general public hating on it. :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-20-2014, 01:56 AM
Maybe Ubisoft should post a poll asking people if they would like or dislike another Connor game. They're afraid of the general public hating on it. :p

That would be a great idea, since people are still asking about it...

But I couldve sworn they made a poll about this already, but have yet to release those results.

That same poll asked about if people wanted a Templar game too IIRC.

EDIT: I was right...

http://www.thegamingliberty.com/2012/11/new-ubisoft-survey-talks-next-assassins-creed-title-could-ship-next-year-with-co-op/

Ubisoft has sent out a new survey in which it probes potential routes of development for the next Assassin’s Creed title. The survey asks a series of questions, questions that cover the release of Assassin’s Creed III, general satisfaction with gameplay/combat/sequences/story arch, as well as probing for interest in potential features for a future Assassin’s Creed game. The survey also attempts to gauge participants interest in potential future outings with Desmond, the general interest in Connor returning for another title and even a potential re-visit to the Revolution/Frontier. One survey question is directly engineered to asses sparticipants interest in potential co-op features in a future title and specifically asks if gamers would like the “possibility for a friend to join the game in order to help” with missions, puzzles and more.

If only they released the results...

And considering the fact that there are already custom made polls about him, it may be pretty redundant for them to make one, since they got an idea about what the reception might be according to the results on those polls.

Positive I might add.

Mr.Black24
10-20-2014, 03:55 AM
That would be a great idea, since people are still asking about it...

But I couldve sworn they made a poll about this already, but have yet to release those results.

That same poll asked about if people wanted a Templar game too IIRC.

EDIT: I was right...

http://www.thegamingliberty.com/2012/11/new-ubisoft-survey-talks-next-assassins-creed-title-could-ship-next-year-with-co-op/

Ubisoft has sent out a new survey in which it probes potential routes of development for the next Assassin’s Creed title. The survey asks a series of questions, questions that cover the release of Assassin’s Creed III, general satisfaction with gameplay/combat/sequences/story arch, as well as probing for interest in potential features for a future Assassin’s Creed game. The survey also attempts to gauge participants interest in potential future outings with Desmond, the general interest in Connor returning for another title and even a potential re-visit to the Revolution/Frontier. One survey question is directly engineered to asses sparticipants interest in potential co-op features in a future title and specifically asks if gamers would like the “possibility for a friend to join the game in order to help” with missions, puzzles and more.

If only they released the results...

And considering the fact that there are already custom made polls about him, it may be pretty redundant for them to make one, since they got an idea about what the reception might be according to the results on those polls.

Positive I might add.
True, I too wish that they have released the results.

As for Darby's comment, I would like to add too that just because Connor was mixed received, doesn't mean that they should give up on him either. I mean thats how ideas are, sometime they go out great, sometimes they are rough. Being in the Metal Gear Fandom, Raidan, who has a similar personality to Connor, was generally hated in Metal Gear Solid 2, however by Metal Gear Solid 4, after some tweaking in the character development, he was loved all over the place. So much that he received his famously received spinoff game, Metal Gear Rising. Kojima and his crew didn't drop the ball there, they took the guy to new heights, while keeping Raiden, Raiden. Innovation and improvement always carries out the winners. And isn't that what Ubisoft is? About improvement? I mean, many other fans who bad mouthed him always say things like, "Connor wasn't a true Assassin" "He was too angry and not very wise" "He was whiny!"

Well in his next involvement, have scenes having him being more open, showing his development from being his brash self. Show him dropping wisdom bombs, his kinder side more often, and doing more kick *** things too. If he ever meets Arno, have him have a heart to heart chat about how Native Americans were massacred down for their lands, how the Africans who ended up as slaves are treated, and how he wishes to free them from this suffering. Have him talk about how he wants the people of all sides living in harmony. How he learned the Creed and what it means to him. We didn't get to hear much of this side of him, allow him to open himself. He shown this part of him in the Homestead missions, but many gamers usually never do side quests.

Come on Darbs, "polarzing"?

Bro, plz!

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 03:59 AM
Once again Black, you always hit the nail on the head with your post. ;)

Mr.Black24
10-20-2014, 04:09 AM
Once again Black, you always hit the nail on the head with your post. ;)Like bruh! :DReal talk! I mean for example, when the car was first invented, it was hot like fresh pancakes. However there was some nicks to it that made it suffer, however within time, they made it better and now we have cars going 125 to 150mph! I think there are ones that can go more, but you know what I'm sayin. Thats how ideas work!

I might be a simple fan, a normal guy who has his own ambitions in the world, but I know that they ain't going to happen if I just give up because other people "wouldn't like it as much". Get up and keep going.

P.S: I saw the Noah Watts playthrough of Black Flag and he shared my funny idea of Connor stealing Elsie from Arno! Love it! I wanna see Connor hook up with a French gal so bad for reasons I too wish to seek. I just don't know why but it rings real well in my ears.

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 04:13 AM
@Black

*Nods Head*

Yes, I understand.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-20-2014, 04:29 AM
True, I too wish that they have released the results.

As for Darby's comment, I would like to add too that just because Connor was mixed received, doesn't mean that they should give up on him either. I mean thats how ideas are, sometime they go out great, sometimes they are rough. Being in the Metal Gear Fandom, Raidan, who has a similar personality to Connor, was generally hated in Metal Gear Solid 2, however by Metal Gear Solid 4, after some tweaking in the character development, he was loved all over the place. So much that he received his famously received spinoff game, Metal Gear Rising. Kojima and his crew didn't drop the ball there, they took the guy to new heights, while keeping Raiden, Raiden. Innovation and improvement always carries out the winners. And isn't that what Ubisoft is? About improvement? I mean, many other fans who bad mouthed him always say things like, "Connor wasn't a true Assassin" "He was too angry and not very wise" "He was whiny!"

Well in his next involvement, have scenes having him being more open, showing his development from being his brash self. Show him dropping wisdom bombs, his kinder side more often, and doing more kick *** things too. If he ever meets Arno, have him have a heart to heart chat about how Native Americans were massacred down for their lands, how the Africans who ended up as slaves are treated, and how he wishes to free them from this suffering. Have him talk about how he wants the people of all sides living in harmony. How he learned the Creed and what it means to him. We didn't get to hear much of this side of him, allow him to open himself. He shown this part of him in the Homestead missions, but many gamers usually never do side quests.

Come on Darbs, "polarzing"?

Bro, plz!

Very well said!

I dare you to send this to him.

Including the "polarizing, bro plz" part :p

Who knows? He or whoever you want to send it to might get... inspired? ;)

P.S: I saw the Noah Watts playthrough of Black Flag and he shared my funny idea of Connor stealing Elsie from Arno! Love it! I wanna see Connor hook up with a French gal so bad for reasons I too wish to seek. I just don't know why but it rings real well in my ears.

Connor hooking up with a French girl?

Hmmm...

It's tickling my fancy for some reason lol

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 05:00 AM
Connor hooking up with a French girl?

Hmmm...

It's tickling my fancy for some reason lol

I always figured he got with someone like this: http://dahlia-bellona.deviantart.com/art/Temptation-by-KejaBlank-363011251

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-20-2014, 06:48 AM
I always figured he got with someone like this: http://dahlia-bellona.deviantart.com/art/Temptation-by-KejaBlank-363011251

I was thinking something like that too, or like a "runaway woman" or someone with a mysterious background.

Her artwork is always awesome.

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 06:58 AM
I was thinking something like that too, or like a "runaway woman" or someone with a mysterious background.

Her artwork is always awesome.

Ah, yes...of course. I see someone like that getting with Connor. And I like your runaway that's mysterious plot. :)

GunnerGalactico
10-20-2014, 07:44 AM

^ This.

Aveline and Edward are probably the only two characters that I liked the least in AC, but I've never whined about how much I hated them like the Connor haters do. If Ubi had made a brief ending segment after the credits for him like they did for Edward in AC4, that would've sufficed- we wouldn't have even needed the TOKW DLC at all. The thing is, whichever way but how, almost all the of main characters (plus the secondary characters) all had the chapters of their lives closed, except for Connor. At times we do get the impression that Ubi doesn't really care at all and I don't blame the fans for not staying quiet at all. The fans were not expecting them to wave their magic wand and make a DLC/sequel/short film appear out of thin air, they at least wanted to hear that Ubi were not planning to drop Connor entirely. Also, I'm not really condoning the behaviour of the Connor fans for behaving impatiently, derailing threads, getting into debates etc....

Even if they did have future plans on Connor or any other character, they are not going to confirm or deny it to anyone.

Megas_Doux
10-20-2014, 07:55 AM
^ This.

Aveline and Edward are probably the only two characters that I liked the least in AC, but I've never whined about how much I hated them like the Connor haters do. If Ubi had made a brief ending segment after the credits for him like they did for Edward in AC4, that would've sufficed- we wouldn't have even needed the TOKW DLC at all. The thing is, whichever way but how, almost all the of main characters (plus the secondary characters) all had the chapters of their lives closed, except for Connor. At times we do get the impression that Ubi doesn't really care at all and I don't blame the fans for not staying quiet at all. The fans were not expecting them to wave their magic wand and make a DLC/sequel/short film appear out of thin air, they at least wanted to hear that Ubi were not planning to drop Connor entirely. Also, I'm not really condoning the behaviour of the Connor fans for behaving impatiently, derailing threads, getting into debates etc....

Even if they did have future plans on Connor or any other character, they are not going to confirm or deny it to anyone.

That way of thinking kinda goes the other way around:

I really liked Altair ever since 2007 but I never whined about how unfair Ubi was being to "him", nor did i do so in 389023893812 threads........

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 08:00 AM

I really liked Altair ever since 2007 but I never whined about how unfair Ubi was being to "him", nor did i do so in 389023893812 threads........

Was this before or after his cameo in revelations? :rolleyes:

I'm a Altair fan too. :)

GunnerGalactico
10-20-2014, 08:03 AM

Actually, I did get into a debate with Rooster and the local forums in my country about how unfair it was that Altair only had one game on main consoles, 2 crappy handheld games and only few short playable sequences in ACR. Strangely, the responses that I got were similar.

"Ooh, characters were supposed to have only one game. That's how it should've been from the start"
"Ezio's 3 games were good, but they stagnated the series".

Thing is, I also bothered to fight for Altair and others did not.

Excuse me! Altair is my most favourite Assassin in the series, Always has and always will be. :p

Megas_Doux
10-20-2014, 08:09 AM

Yes, it was.

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Excuse me! Altair is my most favourite Assassin in the series, Always has and always will be. :p

I'm with ya. :)

As much as I like Connor, even he doesn't compare to Altair.

And that last part rhymed.

@Mega

"Seems that we are at an impasse."

GunnerGalactico
10-20-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm with ya. :)

As much as I like Connor, even he doesn't compare to Altair.

And that last part rhymed.

Glad that we came to an agreement on that :)

The truth of the matter is, it was actually Altair that got the short end of the stick (and not Connor so much). To me, I felt that it was the biggest injustice ever. He should've at least had 1 more game on the main console or a DLC, but instead he was demoted to a handheld gaming system that majority of the fans haven't played. I only played AC Bloodlines 2 years ago on my friend's PSP... I wasn't going to get a PSP just for the sake of one AC game. To top that off, Ubi changed Altair's voice actor more times than they did for any of the main characters. I feel that a lot people (myself included) do not want to see Connor getting shafted like that.

Fatal-Feit
10-20-2014, 12:46 PM

But Ubisoft weren't unfair to him. At the time, AC was a planned trilogy. Everyone gets one. And regardless of that, Altair was still a damn important character in AC:2, AC:B, and AC:R. Rolling back the time, he also got his own novel, comic, a prequel, a sequel, a phone game, etc. He may have not gotten a proper sequel, but his character was certainly loved and respected by Ubisoft throughout the years after.

Now let's talk about Connor. --> Note this this is after the Ezio Trilogy, which changed the series' direction. He only got 6 sequences to truly explore his character. The sequels, Black Flag and Rogue, are before he was relevant. Forsaken was about his father. And Unity seems to emphasis an importance in Altair and Ezio, but not Connor who could have had more relevance.

I'd appreciate it if people would stop trying to use other Assassins as a comparison for some attempt of ''fair play'' because the truth of the matter is, non have been as left in the dark as Connor have since his debut.

avk111
10-20-2014, 02:39 PM
In my opinion,

when Ubisoft is trying to rug Connor under the carpet this is a major sign of incongruent behavioru toward thier own work and art, an artist who is ashamed of his art can say a lot of things It may even affect the whole franchise down the line. Rather than shouting and bashing in my next few words I think it's very reasonable to say that the argument toward having a Connir finale is very strong toward not having any sort of information, since Connor is connected to another major character I.e. Desmond, it's very fair to say they are throwing such an important and vital of the story away "Desmond's ancestry linage in the US".
I'm a major fan of Connor (understanding him thoughtfully helped) and it saddens me to see what Ubisoft is doing with thier work, playing God , with no sort of emancipation for a major character like Connor, it says a lot. Not to mention the fans who have done all they could (humanely) to bring this character back to the spot light. I'm sorry Ubisoft , playing lousy dictator on your fans while encouraging a game that speaks about equality and rights "creed of the assassins" is a major hypocrisy.

pacmanate
10-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Thats a point.

After AC1 I wasnt bothered about the rest of Altairs life. Same goes for Ezio.

Not our fault they churned the games out to make AC3.

Yes. TO MAKE YOUR AC3.

So stop complaining. Without Brotherhood and Revelations your AC3 wouldnt have had the funding it did.

Farlander1991
10-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Btw, Altair didn't get what Connor fans call a 'conclusion to his story' (which is a very flawed term because their stories were concluded in AC1 and AC3 respectively, and what Connor fans are asking for is really just more stories with him and a full life biography, but I'm not going to argue again on the matter) until four years after AC1 release.

With the release of AC3, we knew of Connor's life from his birth until he's approx. 27, if I'm not mistaken, years old, while with Altair even with handheld releases we only knew bits and pieces of his life. Altair fans waited four years for him to get the Ezio treatment. Connor fans started continuously and never-endingly complaining even when a year didn't pass :p So if 2016 will pass and there will be no new Connor material, then we can talk injustice maybe, but until then... :p

avk111
10-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Btw, Altair didn't get what Connor fans call a 'conclusion to his story' (which is a very flawed term because their stories were concluded in AC1 and AC3 respectively, and what Connor fans are asking for is really just more stories with him and a full life biography, but I'm not going to argue again on the matter) until four years after AC1 release.

With the release of AC3, we knew of Connor's life from his birth until he's approx. 27, if I'm not mistaken, years old, while with Altair even with handheld releases we only knew bits and pieces of his life. Altair fans waited four years for him to get the Ezio treatment. Connor fans started continuously and never-endingly complaining even when a year didn't pass :p So if 2016 will pass and there will be no new Connor material, then we can talk injustice maybe, but until then... :p

Altiar = full game / novel + Connor = half game = your argument is invalid

i prefer we we stop the comparison and focus on main objective arguementative points.

Fatal-Feit
10-20-2014, 04:30 PM

You're forgetting that in the following games, less than 1-2 years, we learned of his wife, his future plans, projects, etc, etc. Altair may have not been the star of AC:2, but he was a damn important character, relentlessly referenced. And even to this day, he still is.

I'm not going to disagree, Connor have had more development in AC:3, but AC:3 just wasn't his game. Much of it was a tour through the American Revolution and the family's lineage. I don't care his death or what other tragedies lies ahead of him, there just wasn't enough justice done for this character. I'm going to give Rogue the benefit of the doubt, as it COULD feature something interesting for fans of Connor, but the fact that it's the last of the Kenways, and could have featured Connor as the protagonist instead of someone of a different heritage, kind of peeves me.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-20-2014, 04:34 PM
And just because it sounds relevant for this thread:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/91ca4c9712bac2e23ee600fc67080149/tumblr_ndepd00Gri1r6tmsdo1_500.png

~~~~~

theminiassassin:
'Tune to Oh Canada'
Oh Ubisoft… GIVE CONNOR A SEGUEL!

~~~~~

spookyblasianhottie:
advocateofthearcane:
So…the only native american assassin (Connor) doesnt get his sequel because the fans didnt like him as much as ezio. The two black assassins get a non-console game(aveline) and a limited dlc story(adewale). But some random assassin gone templar gets a whole game and suddenly is going to fight adewale and kill some native americans. First the “girls would be too hard” ******** and now this? If he kills connor and adewale im not sure if ill have any respect left for ubisoft.
no for real i will stop playing

~~~~~

CONNOR TO UBISOFT .
tikiserb:
"Chose to deny me or repel me and i will kill you".
You go tell them Connor!

~~~~~

avk111
10-20-2014, 06:40 PM
whats a more clear proof than THIS.

I beleive this threads announcement of Ubigabe giving us (Connor's fans) the shaft is concerning sign , think about it ten years from now another character appears that builds a compelling story and drive , guess what fans we did that with Connor and now we're going to do that again. Anyway let's stick to the present, a main character and one of the most sold out titles gets absolute nothing is a major concern. I have nothing more to say I'm just quiet shocked at Ubigabe statement regarding Connor I skipped work the whole day

LoyalACFan
10-20-2014, 06:46 PM
[Mod edit: If you have nothing good to say...]

ze_topazio
10-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Connor is so 2012.

LoyalACFan
10-20-2014, 06:57 PM
[Mod edit: If you have nothing good to say...]

Lol, don't mind me Esco, I'm just kicking the hornet's nest. I don't actually dislike Connor, I'm just sick of the "we DESERVE a Connor sequel" stuff

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-20-2014, 06:58 PM

I beleive this threads announcement of Ubigabe giving us (Connor's fans) the shaft is concerning sign , think about it ten years from now another character appears that builds a compelling story and drive , guess what fans we did that with Connor and now we're going to do that again. Anyway let's stick to the present, a main character and one of the most sold out titles gets absolute nothing is a major concern. I have nothing more to say I'm just quiet shocked at Ubigabe statement regarding Connor I skipped work the whole day

Ouch. Sorry to hear, man. Hope you feel better.

And I don't blame you. All we can do is wait, right? =/

Lol, don't mind me Esco, I'm just kicking the hornet's nest. I don't actually dislike Connor, I'm just sick of the "we DESERVE a Connor sequel" stuff

Kinda feel the same way, but what can you do to calm down impatient peeps, right? =/

MakimotoJin
10-20-2014, 07:00 PM

Well everyone has different opinions.
I,for example,would like a open world online mode in the Caribbean,but some people would not.I'm not that interested in a Connor sequel,as long as it's not forced and rushed.

EscoBlades
10-20-2014, 07:03 PM

I beleive this threads announcement of Ubigabe giving us (Connor's fans) the shaft is concerning sign...I'm just quiet shocked at Ubigabe statement regarding Connor I skipped work the whole day

I think you are making quite the leap between what you THINK Gabe said, and what Gabe ACTUALLY said.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-20-2014, 07:07 PM
I think you are making quite the leap between what you THINK Gabe said, and what Gabe ACTUALLY said.

Elaborate?

What do YOU think he said?

EscoBlades
10-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Elaborate?

What do YOU think he said?

It isn't about what i think he said. I know what he said. The words are right there in the opening post of this thread.

And I feel they are pretty clear. There isn't anything between the lines to read. What he said is exactly what he said.

LoyalACFan
10-20-2014, 07:15 PM

I mean, cheer up, Connor fans. Doesn't that essentially confirm that we haven't seen the last of your golden boy, even if he doesn't get his own full game?

GunnerGalactico
10-20-2014, 07:20 PM

I mean, cheer up, Connor fans. Doesn't that essentially confirm that we haven't seen the last of your golden boy, even if he doesn't get his own full game?

Don't worry, I bet that most of us did read it right. :p

My first post on this thread was actually a joke post.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-20-2014, 07:21 PM
It isn't about what i think he said. I know what he said. The words are right there in the opening post of this thread.

And I feel they are pretty clear. There isn't anything between the lines to read. What he said is exactly what he said.

However, people who have seen this are not taking it well and TBH Gabe shouldn't have said anything. You know how people might take things with ambiguity or get lost in translation.

But I understand your point. And Darby has mentioned a few times before that things do change so it depends on many factors we probably don't know about.

True, but we just don't know in what form. Or afraid to find out what form it is.

MakimotoJin
10-20-2014, 07:29 PM
However, people who have seen this are not taking it well and TBH Gabe shouldn't have said anything. You know how people might take things with ambiguity or get lost in translation.

But I understand your point. And Darby has mentioned a few times before that things do change so it depends on many factors we probably don't know about.

True, but we just don't know in what form. Or afraid to find out what form it is.

I think a DLC or a animated movie would be nice.

GunnerGalactico
10-20-2014, 07:30 PM
People need to calm down and try not to get worked up for no reason. We'll have to wait and see, and no, I'm not trying to sound like Shade here. ;)

SixKeys
10-20-2014, 07:31 PM
At this point, I think even if Ubisoft flat-out said something like "no, there will never, ever be another Connor game, or a continuation of his story in any form of media, ever", people would still go: "Stop being so vague! Does that mean there's still a chance?"

TheHumanTowel
10-20-2014, 07:34 PM
At this point, I think even if Ubisoft flat-out said something like "no, there will never, ever be another Connor game, or a continuation of his story in any form of media, ever", people would still go: "Stop being so vague! Does that mean there's still a chance?"
That doesn't rule out Connor's story being continued via interpretive dance!

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-20-2014, 07:36 PM
People need to calm down and try not to get worked up for no reason. We'll have to wait and see, and no, I'm not trying to sound like Shade here. ;)

I said I forbid you to use such language here on the forums :mad: :rolleyes:

I think a DLC or a animated movie would be nice.

I dont wanna! I'm a gamer, and since he started off in a game, he should end in one, capiche? :rolleyes:

m4r-k7
10-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Put Connor in Unity and kill him off there. Then this whole thing will end!

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-20-2014, 07:46 PM
Put Connor in Unity and kill him off there. Then this whole thing will end!

More like the fans will turn into Juno and say: "All the world will burn!" >_>;;

Hans684
10-20-2014, 07:48 PM
More like the fans will turn into Juno and say: "All the world will burn!" >_>;;

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-20-2014, 07:52 PM
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Templars!

Hans684
10-20-2014, 07:55 PM
Templars!

I expected you to be more humble, "Assassin".

Farlander1991
10-20-2014, 07:57 PM

i prefer we we stop the comparison and focus on main objective arguementative points.

In what you call half game Connor has got more content than Altair's by a huge mile. Heck, Connor has got more content than any of the main Assassins in any of the games (that's including ToKW though, without it he and Edward are kinda equal). Ezio beats Connor in the amount of content only if two of his games are combined. You may argue the quality of the content, but the amount is there.

I've made the stealth viability sheets where I've gathered all meaningful game content (i.e. pretty much everything except small random events like free pirates or catch thieves). So I know what I'm talking about.

ACfan443
10-20-2014, 08:04 PM
However, people who have seen this are not taking it well and TBH Gabe shouldn't have said anything.

Why? You guys were fed up of Ubisoft being coy and leaving Connor fans in the lurch, you've been pestering them for answers, and now that they've finally acknowledged the outcry and given a fairly direct response, you're angry? Would you have preferred them continue giving the cold-shoulder treatment?

Gabe may have been the bearer of bad tidings, but at least he broke the silence.

MakimotoJin
10-20-2014, 08:06 PM
I dont wanna! I'm a gamer, and since he started off in a game, he should end in one, capiche? :rolleyes:

Making a full game takes time.A sequel with Connor might take at least 3 or 4 years,if not,then the community would be angry about rushing a game,and ruining a character.And the way I see it,some people don't want to wait for a new AC with Connor.

dxsxhxcx
10-20-2014, 08:11 PM

this looks more like his personal opinion on the matter than a confirmation that Ubisoft has something in mind for Connor..

hood3dassassin5
10-20-2014, 08:13 PM
They said no SEQUEL. They never confirmed no DLC.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-20-2014, 08:45 PM
Making a full game takes time.A sequel with Connor might take at least 3 or 4 years,if not,then the community would be angry about rushing a game,and ruining a character.And the way I see it,some people don't want to wait for a new AC with Connor.

Very true.

SlyTrooper
10-20-2014, 08:52 PM
I have a question for you Connor fans (of which I consider myself also to be). Would you rather have a piece of DLC with him as the protagonist in Rogue or Unity? Just curious.

Hans684
10-20-2014, 09:00 PM
I have a question for you Connor fans (of which I consider myself also to be). Would you rather have a piece of DLC with him as the protagonist in Rogue or Unity? Just curious.

Prefer a book, more story and details.

Fatal-Feit
10-20-2014, 09:04 PM

In Rogue. He's better off as a short cameo in Unity.

For the Rogue DLC (and you didn't ask, I know), I'd prefer it to be something between Freedom Cry and Aveline's DLC, nothing like ToKW's length or size, but maybe budget. A short but sweet sendoff to the character. Perhaps a mission with him training Eseosa or other Assassins.

GunnerGalactico
10-20-2014, 09:07 PM
In Rogue. He's better off as a short cameo in Unity.

For the Rogue DLC (and you didn't ask, I know), I'd prefer it to be something between Freedom Cry and Aveline's DLC, nothing like ToKW's length or size, but maybe budget. A short but sweet sendoff to the character. Perhaps a mission with him training Eseosa or other Assassins.

I completely agree.

Megas_Doux
10-20-2014, 09:09 PM

Altair got his novel until 2011, FOUR years after his game, 2012 is less that two years away. And even though it is true that Connor splitted his game with Haytham, at the same, Connor got the only episodic - and thus longest- DLC so far.

So I think that it is fair to say within the same timeframe, Connor received "better attention" than Altair.......

If you ask me, I would like a Connor DLC in Rogue, but if that is not the case, so be it. And no, I dont dislike Connor, but I am TIRED of North America during the XVIII century and in fact of the XVIII in general. Other eras and places, PLEASE!!!!!!!

hood3dassassin5
10-20-2014, 10:13 PM

I would rather a sequel, but if they absolutely refuse to give a sequel then I will settle for DLC. Just as long as they don't finish his story through Initiates.

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 10:27 PM
Just as long as they don't finish his story through Initiates.

PREACH! My brother...

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-20-2014, 10:40 PM

http://i.imgur.com/SxprH.gif

I would rather a sequel, but if they absolutely refuse to give a sequel then I will settle for DLC. Just as long as they don't finish his story through Initiates.

^ This.

pacmanate
10-20-2014, 10:51 PM
So dumb.

GoldenBoy9999
10-20-2014, 11:08 PM
Guys, if there's no sequel plans then maybe there could be an ACR style game where someone visits the Homestead to figure out what happened to it, is already in America, or takes a trip to America. This way, it wouldn't be a Connor sequel or another Kenway game technically, although they did count Shay's Rogue as one.

This would still require the game to be set in North America though and they could fix this by having it be the DLC for Rogue. Maybe Shay learns about Connor or something. I don't know if that'd work chronologically.

I didn't put a huge amount of thought into this, just wondering what you guys thought.

Mr.Black24
10-20-2014, 11:50 PM

A DLC for Rogue or Unity will be great, both or just any of one of these is fine to me. Although I do express, it would be nice for a fresh setting for Connor to be in Unity. I know North America makes sense, but it has to be attractive and fresh, since many players have expressed that it has become dull, although I think otherwise. I can see people gravitate to Connor interacting in a new environment more than to the same one that they deem a failure. Plus it would be interesting seeing him talking up with Arno and his crew.Plus imagine seeing him in all new next/current gen definition! :cool:

But hey, as long as they add something new to the DLC, either a new gameplay mechanic or superb storyline, I'll be fine! :D

As for a novel, ack, jeez, I'm just worried for a novel, since after reading the past novels, they weren't so great. Many errors, story/character inconsistencies ruined the books. If this can be repaired, than I have no quarrelms with a novel.

Seeing how Embers was, I have no fear for a short film. I wounder if it will be the same artistic style as Embers or a different one, but either way both options are great!

Guys, if there's no sequel plans then maybe there could be an ACR style game where someone visits the Homestead to figure out what happened to it, is already in America, or takes a trip to America. This way, it wouldn't be a Connor sequel or another Kenway game technically, although they did count Shay's Rogue as one.
What? Like memory seals? The story needs a good explanation for those being in America if that is what your saying. The thing is, how would the other Assassins branches know of the Davenport Disappearance? I honestly don't know about this route really.

This would still require the game to be set in North America though and they could fix this by having it be the DLC for Rogue. Maybe Shay learns about Connor or something. I don't know if that'd work chronologically. First we have to play Rogue in order to find out what happens to Shay. Otherwise storyline would be inconsistent if we find out that he dies at the end, after conceiving his child of course.

RinoTheBouncer
10-21-2014, 12:02 AM

This would still require the game to be set in North America though and they could fix this by having it be the DLC for Rogue. Maybe Shay learns about Connor or something. I don't know if that'd work chronologically.

I didn't put a huge amount of thought into this, just wondering what you guys thought.

I think the only way that they can bring in Connor’s story is in an AC:Revelations-like game, which is basically what I was hoping AC:Rogue to be, but sadly it wasn’t, or as a DLC for Rogue, as you said. At this moment, Rogue is Ubisoft’s greatest opportunity to follow up Connor’s story. It’s set in NA and it has Haytham and Achilles in it and a well-made episodic DLC like ToKW could definitely work.

GoldenBoy9999
10-21-2014, 03:06 AM
What? Like memory seals? The story needs a good explanation for those being in America if that is what your saying. The thing is, how would the other Assassins branches know of the Davenport Disappearance? I honestly don't know about this route really.

First we have to play Rogue in order to find out what happens to Shay. Otherwise storyline would be inconsistent if we find out that he dies at the end, after conceiving his child of course.

I see your points. That's why I put that last line in. It definitely wouldn't be memory seals. They already did that in ACR; I'd rather do something similar. What made me think of it actually was the part in the ACR trailer when Ezio looks over and sees Altair in the crowd of enemies while at Masyaf.

It'd be more like Shay does some missions and then it shows how it impacts Connor's life down the line, after the events of AC3. It'd give explanation for how he passes on his genes and what happens to him. You'd be playing as both Shay and Connor in the DLC. If they did this I think it would be pretty cool. Kind of like how good TV shows or movies are when you start putting the puzzle pieces together. Maybe that clears things up for you.

avk111
10-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Ok Ubi, your going to have to develop Connor's character a bit further,

here is the "general populace reaction and thought of Connor"

http://9gag.com/gag/aAVbqXp

http://accounts-cdn.9gaging.com/media/avatar/16732656_100_2.jpg (http://9gag.com/u/betfeg)

betfeg (http://9gag.com/u/betfeg) 429 points Ě 1d (http://9gag.com/gag/aAVbqXp#cs_comment_id=c_141373256091558152)

@laurelin18 well mainly cuz Connor himself is a boring hero with no real character development. He is just some kid who is told to join the assassins and all he does is cry. Ezio was so popular they gave him 3 games. You know why he was so popular. CUZ HE WAS BADASS AS ****. way cooler than Connor he was this man seeking revenge cutting down anyone in his path (and not too shabby with the ladies). I use ezio cuz he's my favourite I just dislike Connor for the lack of creativity put in him

http://accounts-cdn.9gaging.com/media/avatar/18148289_100_1.jpg (http://9gag.com/u/soelaas)

soelaas (http://9gag.com/u/soelaas) 103 points Ě 1d (http://9gag.com/gag/aAVbqXp#cs_comment_id=c_141373316731777406)

He stubbornly refuses to follow anyone's advice throughout the game (Templar and Assassin advice alike). Once the warnings prove to be true, he blames other people for his own mistakes. Truly a man people can root for.

It saddens me

GunnerGalactico
10-21-2014, 11:51 AM
@ avk

Why does that bother you? If people want to think Connor was some tempestuous cry baby, then let them. The fact that they came to that ridiculous conclusion probably means that they were so put off by him, it actually drew their attention away from actual story in the game. Some people have valid reasons for hating Connor and others simply do not and that post falls on the latter. Don't waste your time reading ridiculous comments.

LoyalACFan
10-21-2014, 11:51 AM
@laurelin18 well mainly cuz Connor himself is a boring hero with no real character development. He is just some kid who is told to join the assassins and all he does is cry. Ezio was so popular they gave him 3 games. You know why he was so popular. CUZ HE WAS BADASS AS ****. way cooler than Connor he was this man seeking revenge cutting down anyone in his path (and not too shabby with the ladies). I use ezio cuz he's my favourite I just dislike Connor for the lack of creativity put in him

The stupid... it hurts...

He stubbornly refuses to follow anyone's advice throughout the game (Templar and Assassin advice alike). Once the warnings prove to be true, he blames other people for his own mistakes. Truly a man people can root for.

This is actually partly true.

GunnerGalactico
10-21-2014, 11:53 AM
This is actually partly true.

Totally agree, he wasn't heeding Achilles' words of wisdom when he was younger and he did display a bit of arrogance and cockiness. But then again, it always takes a catalyst to change a person, right?

LoyalACFan
10-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Totally agree, he wasn't heeding Achilles' words of wisdom when he was younger and he did display a bit of arrogance and cockiness. But then again, it always takes a catalyst to change a person, right?

Yeah, the statement in general is pretty true, the only part that isn't is that he blames others when the warnings turn out to be true. At that point he didn't have anyone left to blame, everyone he ever cared about was dead :nonchalance:

But yeah, the parts about him not heeding his mentors and ultimately being wrong are absolutely true. Connor WAS wrong. He lost. Achilles and Haytham (the cynics) were right the whole time.

ze_topazio
10-21-2014, 12:04 PM
If a person thinks he's a boring character you can't disregard that as ignorance, that's just that person opinion.

LoyalACFan
10-21-2014, 12:09 PM
If a person thinks he's a boring character you can't disregard that as ignorance, that's just that person opinion.

"Boring hero" is a valid opinion, sure.

-lack of creativity put in him

-no real character development.

-all he does is cry

Those, from the same post, are not. Each of those claims is demonstrably false.

GunnerGalactico
10-21-2014, 12:14 PM
Yeah, the statement in general is pretty true, the only part that isn't is that he blames others when the warnings turn out to be true. At that point he didn't have anyone left to blame, everyone he ever cared about was dead :nonchalance:

But yeah, the parts about him not heeding his mentors and ultimately being wrong are absolutely true. Connor WAS wrong. He lost. Achilles and Haytham (the cynics) were right the whole time.

* True, I don't understand where people get that bit from.

However, I don't feel that Connor was dead wrong about everything. The reason why things turned out that way was because he was too brash and hasty. He did kind of atone for that and stopped something worse from happening. Ultimately, it cost him the very people he cared about.

SanFierroPolice
10-21-2014, 12:34 PM
I don't know how Connor being fallible = bad character. If anything, it helped to flesh him out. Altair has turned into quite an icon by the time AC III came out and Ezio himself was the ultimate Assassin capable of doing no wrong since, about, Brotherhood. The fact that Connor is essentially just a kid trying to carve his own, idealistic and naive, path and struggling along the way, is one of the reasons I find him so endearing.

TheHumanTowel
10-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Remember when Connor threatened to fight Achilles, the crippled old man? What a great guy.

GunnerGalactico
10-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Oh please. It wasn't like he didn't apologise to Achilles for what he had said. :rolleyes:

I don't know how Connor being fallible = bad character. If anything, it helped to flesh him out. Altair has turned into quite an icon by the time AC III came out and Ezio himself was the ultimate Assassin capable of doing no wrong since, about, Brotherhood. The fact that Connor is essentially just a kid trying to carve his own, idealistic and naive, path and struggling along the way, is one of the reasons I find him so endearing.

That's what I liked about him. Altair wasn't exactly the most humble person at the start off AC1, but he did grow on me on the latter stages of the game.

TheHumanTowel
10-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Oh please. It wasn't like he didn't apologise to Achilles for what he had said. :rolleyes:

Remember when Connor murdered those scavengers because he wanted treasure. What a great guy.

GunnerGalactico
10-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Remember when Connor murdered those scavengers because he wanted treasure. What a great guy.

Remember when Altair killed the old man at the entrance of Solomon's Temple. What a high and mighty master Assassin. :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
10-21-2014, 01:06 PM
This just in, Human Towel actually likes Connor. He just likes rustling jimmies more and who can blame him?

ze_topazio
10-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Remember when Ezio didn't like coffee, what an evil man.

GunnerGalactico
10-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Remember when Ezio didn't like coffee, what an evil man.

I wouldn't have drank the coffee either coz it didn't have cream and sugar in it.

itsamea-mario
10-21-2014, 01:35 PM
WTF MAYO?!!

I TOLD YOU NOT TO POST THIS!!

Until it comes directly from Ubisoft a hard "yes" or "no," I'm not believing anything.

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft doesnt tell their employees everything... or that plans change.

You are a stupid person. A stupid, stupid person.

SixKeys
10-21-2014, 02:17 PM
Remember when Altair killed the old man at the entrance of Solomon's Temple. What a high and mighty master Assassin. :rolleyes:

And then he spent the rest of the game learning from his mistakes and making amends for killing the man at Solomon's Temple. I don't think Connor ever showed remorse for killing those scavengers.

Fatal-Feit
10-21-2014, 02:25 PM
And then he spent the rest of the game learning from his mistakes and making amends for killing the man at Solomon's Temple. I don't think Connor ever showed remorse for killing those scavengers.

Either way, we all know Ezio was the worse of the lot. :p

The first true pitiless pirate of the franchise.

SixKeys
10-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Either way, we all know Ezio was the worse of the lot. :p

The first true pitiless pirate of the franchise.

Ezio didn't even know about the Creed until he officially joined the brotherhood, right?

Fatal-Feit
10-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Ezio didn't even know about the Creed until he officially joined the brotherhood, right?

Actually, he did.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-21-2014, 03:44 PM
You are a stupid person. A stupid, stupid person.

... Do I know you?

Are you trying to hurt me or troll me?

Or both?

Old post, my friend. Move on

GunnerGalactico
10-21-2014, 03:49 PM

He probably chased after the guy with the intention of reasoning with him, even he didn't anticipate that the scavenger would call upon his friends for back up. We could argue about this all day, but the truth is not all of the Assassins are saints and goody-to-shoes.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-21-2014, 03:54 PM
He probably chased after the guy with the intention of reasoning with him, even he didn't anticipate that the scavenger would call upon his friends for back up. We argue about this all day, but the truth is not all of the Assassins are saints and goody-to-shoes.

Very true.

I'm still thinking that he was going to chase the guy down and steal it from him and thats it.

But if you didn't kill him, he would have called for backup and they would all try to kill you.

Not to mention you were being shot at during the whole chase. lol

Farlander1991
10-21-2014, 03:59 PM
To be fair, when it comes to AC3 and Connor, it's the optional objectives that REALLY muck his character up so I prefer to consider them non-canon :p

Like, in the mission with Stephane where Connor has to kill a bunch of redcoats as an optional objective. What the hell? Connor wouldn't do that. He wants to keep piece. He'd knock them out but keep them alive (which is what I did). Similarly, what the hell with that kill the target before he reaches the cave? (Running assassinations are a bit more forgiveable, because running assassinations with fists are essentially knocking out too). Connor never actually threatens to kill the person in the sequence.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-21-2014, 04:15 PM
To be fair, when it comes to AC3 and Connor, it's the optional objectives that REALLY muck his character up so I prefer to consider them non-canon :p

Lol, maybe I should start thinking that.

Like, in the mission with Stephane where Connor has to kill a bunch of redcoats as an optional objective. What the hell? Connor wouldn't do that. He wants to keep piece. He'd knock them out but keep them alive (which is what I did). Similarly, what the hell with that kill the target before he reaches the cave? (Running assassinations are a bit more forgiveable, because running assassinations with fists are essentially knocking out too). Connor never actually threatens to kill the person in the sequence.

I know, right?

So true.

GunnerGalactico
10-21-2014, 04:19 PM
You know, I was not picking on Altair. HumanTowel and I were just sparring with each other. You'd think that anyone would know a sarcastic response when they see it, especially when there's a rolleyes smiley next to it.

Hans684
10-21-2014, 04:53 PM

Coma or brain damage. It's not as good as portrayed to knock out some one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6I5UgbjoSGY

m4r-k7
10-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Connor is a violent guy. However much he wanted peace, you cannot say that he wasn't violent. He was the most brutal assassin yet. This was expressed in his fighting style, even the developers said that.

Fatal-Feit
10-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Connor is a violent guy. However much he wanted peace, you cannot say that he wasn't violent. He was the most brutal assassin yet. This was expressed in his fighting style, even the developers said that.

You can also say he was a peaceful person. With all of his violence in combat, he was still someone who'd resort to peace if it was a possibility. He's been relentlessly lectured by Achilles for trying to avoid killing the Templars (the same people who he thought have harmed his village).

m4r-k7
10-21-2014, 05:38 PM
You can also say he was a peaceful person. With all of his violence in combat, he was still someone who'd resort to peace if it was a possibility. He's been relentlessly lectured by Achilles for trying to avoid killing the Templars (the same people who he thought have harmed his village).

Disagree completely. There were so many times during the game where peace was a possibility. But no, it was about killing as many red coats as possible. AC 3 was the most Warriors Creed game yet IMO.

Fatal-Feit
10-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Disagree completely. There were so many times during the game where peace was a possibility. But no, it was about killing as many red coats as possible. AC 3 was the most Warriors Creed game yet IMO.

The most Warriors Creed would go to AC:B, IMO. But that's for another discussion.

Anyway, that doesn't mean Connor was the cause of all the conflicts. Just the opposite.

Hans684
10-21-2014, 06:48 PM

William tries to peacefully buy their land, Connor & Co kills anyone working with him. Destroying his source of income, his supplies and killing his employes. The only good thing he did was killing him once he started killing natives, Connor didn't solve this peaceful. Only spoiled much more blood than needed, even when he had the possibility to resort to peace.

Pitcairn never wanted a war, so Connor going around helping the Patriots so they can fight the British only leads to events like the battle at Lexington and Concord, bunker kill etc... There where no soldiers there, only men and woman forced to fight for themselves. With William owning the land and the British in control instead of the Patriots the natives would live their life as normal, not tossed out of their land only to get in war at a different place after the revolution.

Haytham, they had a truce but Connor broke it. Meaning they would be at war again, so even more killing.

Those are moments where he had the possibility of resorting to peace but he either don't(William, Pitcairn) or break it(Haytham). A lot of people could have survived:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War

Casualties and losses:
American: 25,000 dead
8,000 in battle
17,000 by other causes
Total American casualties: up to 50,000 dead and wounded
Allies:

France: 10,000 battle deaths (75% at sea)
Spain: 5,000
24,000 British casualties from battle and disease
7,554 Germans dead

Fatal-Feit
10-21-2014, 07:55 PM
What you described doesn't change my point. Connor have done what any other dedicated Assassins would, which is enforcing true freedom, in hopes of a better future, not pseudo independence.

Connor tried to stop the Boston Massacre.

He tries to not kill the Templars (but they give him no other choice).

He tried to joint the two Orders (we know how that worked out).

He let the prisoners live (which Haytham kills, more than once)

He let Washington live (and Haytham).

In comparison to the other protagonists, Connor is the most peaceful.

William tries to peacefully buy their land, Connor & Co kills anyone working with him. Destroying his source of income, his supplies and killing his employes. The only good thing he did was killing him once he started killing natives, Connor didn't solve this peaceful. Only spoiled much more blood than needed, even when he had the possibility to resort to peace.

From the natives' side of things, what Johnson was doing is practically theft. Their land wasn't for sale, they've pleaded, but Johnson kept enforcing his rule. Instead of killing the man, Connor broke his income. Connor practically gave him a chance to forfeit, but he didn't, and then he threatened the people.

It goes both ways. (which is AC:3, entirely)

Pitcairn never wanted a war, so Connor going around helping the Patriots so they can fight the British only leads to events like the battle at Lexington and Concord, bunker kill etc... There where no soldiers there, only men and woman forced to fight for themselves. With William owning the land and the British in control instead of the Patriots the natives would live their life as normal, not tossed out of their land only to get in war at a different place after the revolution.

Remember, Connor didn't plan the conflicts, he was brought into it. Pitcairn may have not wanted a war, but he was still responsible for the attacks, whereas Connor was there to help defend.

I'm not going to argue which side was right, as both the Assassins and Templars has their reasons for their actions.

Haytham, they had a truce but Connor broke it. Meaning they would be at war again, so even more killing.

Again, I'm not going to go into which side of the conflict were right or wrong, but I'll give you this one.

Those are moments where he had the possibility of resorting to peace but he either don't(William, Pitcairn) or break it(Haytham). A lot of people could have survived:

The fact of the matter is, what Johnson, Pitcairn, and Haytham stood for (which would have indeed caused less bloodshed), coincides with what the natives, rebels(civilians), and the Assassins want. --> The same people who live on those lands and those who responsible for the revolution. Even if they held off the conflict then, there's always the high possibility of a more, devastating, civil war in the future. And with that, the casualties could be far worse.

Hans684
10-21-2014, 08:36 PM
What you described doesn't change my point. Connor have done what any other dedicated Assassins would, which is enforcing true freedom, in hopes of a better future, not pseudo independence.

It does change one, he doesn't take every peaceful chance he gets.

Connor tried to stop the Boston Massacre.

I'll give you that one.

He tries to not kill the Templars (but they give him no other choice).

And they start peacefully but he didn't give them another choice, like William who was forced to negotiate.

He tried to joint the two Orders (we know how that worked out).

Haytham tried to join the orders but Connor broke it.

He let the prisoners live (which Haytham kills, more than once)

Alta´r would have killed them, can't have people you interrogated running around revealing what your doing.

He let Washington live (and Haytham).

Haytham let him live and saved his life. "You could have killed me when we first meet, what stayed your hand?"

In comparison to the other protagonists, Connor is the most peaceful.

That I agree with.

From the natives' side of things, what Johnson was doing is practically theft. Their land wasn't for sale, they've pleaded, but Johnson kept enforcing his rule. Instead of killing the man, Connor broke his income. Connor practically gave him a chance to forfeit, but he didn't, and then he threatened the people.

Partly true, on paper no one owned it. So anyone could trow them out but if someone colonial owned the land. Then they can't touch the natives without going thought William. Let's not forget that he had been working with them for years in trading. But they refused based on the action of other people, "Your words are honey but their false, you people dig up the land showing no regard to those who live upon it. We are here not to negotiate nor to sell, but to tell you to leave this land"

It goes both ways. (which is AC:3, entirely)

Indeed.

Remember, Connor didn't plan the conflicts, he was brought into it. Pitcairn may have not wanted a war, but he was still responsible for the attacks, whereas Connor was there to help defend.

But he is still responsible for his attacks. Pitcairn didn't plan the conflicts, he was just on the other side of the war.

I'm not going to argue which side was right, as both the Assassins and Templars has their reasons for their actions.

Nor I but just saying he isn't as peaceful you said he was.

Again, I'm not going to go into which side of the conflict were right or wrong, but I'll give you this one.

Thank you.

The fact of the matter is, what Johnson, Pitcairn, and Haytham stood for (which would have indeed caused less bloodshed), coincides with what the natives, rebels(civilians), and the Assassins want. --> The same people who live on those lands and those who responsible for the revolution.

The natives wanted their land, sure Templars would own it but it doesn't mean it's going to change if it already is a peaceful place. The rebels could easily have gotten their independence, sing some papers(like a declaration) with Templar involment agreeing with the rebels conditions, there you go, they got their independence, no war. And it would in the end lead to peace. Everyone wins.

Even if they held off the conflict then, there's always the high possibility of a more, devastating, civil war in the future. And with that, the casualties could be far worse.

Depends on things like slavery, natives kicked out if their land etc...