PDA

View Full Version : Frustrations with FB!!!

CAP401
05-23-2004, 09:24 PM
First let me tell everyone I'm talking about Forgotten Battles, not AEP in this post. I have been playing the Jug campaign offline and was running into difficulty. The mission was a scramble to get in the air and defend the base from 2 FWs and 8 JU 88s. The 2 190s straffed us on the takeoff but the AI got both of them. Then we attack the bombers. I got 3 of the JU88s and the rest of the bombers were destroyed. Some bombers did hit some targets but it was only a car and I think a AAA gun. Again, absolutely NONE of the German planes made it back home. Our side lost 3 aircraft, Germans lost 13. Well, the game says it was unsuccessful because it won't let me apply the mission. Now I didn't die or get hurt. I just had to bail out on the runway because I made a hard landing and busted the landing gear. I had an AI pilot landing behind me and I didn't want to get hit. Why was it unsuccessful?

CAP401
05-23-2004, 09:24 PM
First let me tell everyone I'm talking about Forgotten Battles, not AEP in this post. I have been playing the Jug campaign offline and was running into difficulty. The mission was a scramble to get in the air and defend the base from 2 FWs and 8 JU 88s. The 2 190s straffed us on the takeoff but the AI got both of them. Then we attack the bombers. I got 3 of the JU88s and the rest of the bombers were destroyed. Some bombers did hit some targets but it was only a car and I think a AAA gun. Again, absolutely NONE of the German planes made it back home. Our side lost 3 aircraft, Germans lost 13. Well, the game says it was unsuccessful because it won't let me apply the mission. Now I didn't die or get hurt. I just had to bail out on the runway because I made a hard landing and busted the landing gear. I had an AI pilot landing behind me and I didn't want to get hit. Why was it unsuccessful?

Korolov
05-23-2004, 09:32 PM
You probably didn't get the "Mission Complete" message, because you didn't meet the goals for the mission somehow. If you want to avoid this, turn on "instant successes" which will let you bail out from friendly lines, etc. and still move on to the next mission, even if the previous one failed.

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/newsig1.jpg

AlGroover
05-24-2004, 04:00 AM
If you absolutely can't get the mission to finish, load it into the FMB and have a look at what is really required. Sometimes mistakes are made. I came across one 3rd party mission that required that I destroy more than 50% of objects on my own airfield! Something I wouldn't have guessed.

CAP401
05-24-2004, 08:27 AM
There's one problem: I really don't know how to work the FMB. I've read the manual, but I still can't get it to work. How can I load the mission in FMB?

ZG77_Lignite
05-24-2004, 08:27 AM
Korolov has it right, but I believe it is actually Disable (turn switch off) the dificulty setting called 'No Instant Mission Success'. A bit confusing perhaps. But if you clicked the 'realistic' button before you started the campaign, thats your problem, that switches that setting 'on', but then you are Forced to achieve preset mission goals. An easy fix if you can stand to start a new campaign, a problem if you must continue the one you've already started.

AlGroover
05-25-2004, 01:20 AM
To load the mission into FMB, click 'File', 'Load', 'Campaign', 'US'(sounds like) and the campaign you started (Dgen......). The missions to date will be in the right hand window, which you may have to expand to see them all. The current mission is the most recent one. A good way to get started in mission building when you think "I could do better than that."