PDA

View Full Version : Hype

dimbismp
10-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Even though i am really excited for ACU,i still haven't reached the maximum hype level.I am already in love with Paris,i believe that the story will be aquite good one,i am impressed by the new technologies and i am really happy about the 3 core pillars changes.This makes me feel sad about myself!!!!Last year i was much more hyped for AC4(maybe because i knew that i wouldn't get to play the game early,while now i will have acu in my hands on Nov.13th in the worst case scenario).
Have you reached the maximum hype level for ACU(and ACRo)?
Which game made you more hyped?
In my case:
AC4>>AC3>=ACU>>>>>>>>>>>>ACR>ACRo(i have been a fan since 2011....)

Reaper-59
10-16-2014, 09:58 PM
I've reached more hype for ACU than I thought I would, I absolutely can't wait for this game. As for AC Rogue, my hype for that isn't that high, although I am actually looking forward to play it (after Unity)
ACIII got me hyped the most until Unity.

m4r-k7
10-16-2014, 10:02 PM
I have never been more hyped than I was for AC 2 and AC 3. I am really excited for Unity, but I havn't reached the maximum hype yet lol

HoIcon
10-16-2014, 10:07 PM
i seem to be incapable of maximizing my hype, i think i can thank Watch_Dogs for that...
but anyway i'm more hyped for Rogue than Unity, i believe Unity will have the better gameplay but Rogue will have the better story + i want to see old characters again

JustPlainQuirky
10-16-2014, 10:27 PM
I don't have any hype for Unity.

And I have a liiiiiiiiiittle hype for Rogue.

I prefer low expectations.

Reaper-59
10-16-2014, 10:38 PM
I don't have any hype for Unity.

And I have a liiiiiiiiiittle hype for Rogue.

I prefer low expectations.

If only I could do that because my hype for Unity is driving me crazy ha ha

Xstantin
10-16-2014, 10:39 PM
Hyped for Unity, not as much for Rogue right now

cawatrooper9
10-16-2014, 11:47 PM
I think my hype would go (in order from greatest hype to least

ACU
Rogue
ACIII
AC1
AC4BF
AC2
ACB
ACR
ACL

Megas_Doux
10-17-2014, 12:13 AM
After AC III I decided not willingly been taken away by the hype train anymore. However, I am looking for Unity, Paris looks like one billion dollars!

Rogue on the other hand, while is still an AC game, it has naval, and that nice location of the North Atlantic, just does not interest me a fraction of Unity. I will watch its walkthroughs to know the story, and when is released on PC, I might take advantage of a discount in the future.

GoldenBoy9999
10-17-2014, 01:53 AM
I'm still not at maximum hype for Unity with other games on my mind, but I'm close.

Rogue interests me more with every screen because of the awesome setting. I'm a sucker for AC3's nature, and Rogue's waterways and settlements look awesome.:o

My most hype was for AC3 so I had very little with AC4 therefore I like it very much.

zkorejo
10-17-2014, 10:22 AM
IDK.. It is weird, It goes way up.. and then it goes back down. It goes back up again.. then it falls a little again.

Honestly speaking.. I blame my ACIII Hype for this. I doubt my hype level will ever exceed the hype I had for ACII and even ACIII before release.

Absolutely no hype for Rogue BTW.

Fatal-Feit
10-17-2014, 11:24 AM
I'm not as hyped for Unity as I am for Rogue. Despite having to play it on last-gen consoles first, I still feel like it's going to deliver an amazing experience.

From highest to lowest hype

AC:3
AC:1
AC:IV
AC:RO
AC:U
AC:2
AC:FC
AC:B
AC:R
AC:L

Mr_Shade
10-17-2014, 11:48 AM
I've been in hype mode for both ACU and Rogue for the past 6 months ;)

RinoTheBouncer
10-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Iíd be lying if I say I donít want a time machine that takes me to Nov. 11th already, but I feel like as much as I wanna play and experience the game, I just feel like thereís gonna be something wrong. I mean since ACIII, which I loved every single bit of except for the last 5 minutes, or even the last 3 minutes, and I just havenít been able to feel so impressed but rather be like ďI canít wait to play it even though I know itís not gonna be as good as Ezioís TrilogyĒ.

This is not because Iím obsessed with Ezio, because I LOVED Connor, Edward and Haytham so damn much and Iím liking Arno and Shay too, but to me AC is a mixture of modern day, historical and first civ. elements, and the last game have been trying to strip that away from me and turning it to something option and reductive compared to the detailed, episodic nature of the Ezio trilogy and even ACI and ACIII. Back then, it felt like the annual releases were justified by this episodic nature of the games and their jaw-dropping cliffhangers. Now, I feel like the whole self-contained stories thing is beyond disappointing.

I know AC is mainly a historical simulator, but I believe this historical simulator could offer a lot more than just historical tourism throughout the games from ACI to ACIII. ACIV did have a great protagonist and story for Edward, but it felt so irrelevant in the context, compared to the other games where we needed Altair and Ezio to find the Apple and Connor to find the Key..etc. I wish we had a 3rd person character, even if it was a one we can make ourselves who could go and use the information we learned from Edwardís story and find the Observatory in modern day. But that did not happen and instead we saw the Sage get shot down, Juno remaining as some super computer virus and we were rewarded with a trailer.

So yeah, with such drastic change in the style of the franchise, I was really close to losing faith in itís quality. Yet, I still feel very hype in hopes of seeing improvements. I just keep thinking ďMaybe this one wonít be as good, but maybe the nextĒ, and thatís because I love Assassinís Creed so much that I have that much faith that one day, soon, hopefully, a change to a more story-driven and detailed and interconnected stories style will be brought back. Iím excited to see what all those symbols that Clay Kazmareck drew on the walls with his blood refer to in AC:U and whether there will be an improved modern day story and some First Civ. sites to visit and artifacts to chase after and Iím also very excited for Rogue cause a concept artwork showed Shay in some First Civ-like locations.

So yeah, thatís what excites me the most for AC:U and AC:Ro. I just hope I wonít be let down. Iím not one of those critics who just wanna find a reason to shoot down the franchise and its developers, but there are elements that I always look for in any work of art, including AC and I hope they will be present here like they were during the Ezio trilogy.

steve.macqueen
10-17-2014, 01:44 PM
My hype for ACU is affecting my daily life... I am a at work but I am going on these forums. What does that tell you? The past games had me interested, but not hyped as much as I am for this one.

Mr_Shade
10-17-2014, 01:52 PM
I am a at work but I am going on these forums. What does that tell you?
Embrace the hype ;)

I'm at work and I'm always here too ;)

marvelfannumber
10-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Embrace the hype ;)

Arrrghh, Shade you're not helping me control my hype!

(rememberAC3rememberAC3rememberAC3)

(I liked AC3 btw, I am just using it as a relevant example)

GoldenBoy9999
10-17-2014, 02:30 PM
That little tidbit of Rogue gameplay got me a lot more hyped. Probably because it showed the Rover Valley. I'm kinda crazy about it.:rolleyes:

I'm actually considering getting Rogue instead of GTA V Remastered now but I hate that I'd have to get it on 360. My headset only works on Xbox One and the 360 controller is very degraded.

I just wish Ubisoft would come out and say if it's coming to current gen or not.

king-hailz
10-17-2014, 02:49 PM
My hype level through the games was like this
AC3> ACR> AC4> ACU I don't know why I'm just not that hyped.... its really weird... but anyway the reason the older ac games aren't there is because I played them without knowing anything about them... I just picked the up from the store... only knowing about them from their back covers....

Sushiglutton
10-17-2014, 02:51 PM
That little tidbit of Rogue gameplay got me a lot more hyped. Probably because it showed the Rover Valley. I'm kinda crazy about it.:rolleyes:

I'm actually considering getting Rogue instead of GTA V Remastered now but I hate that I'd have to get it on 360. My headset only works on Xbox One and the 360 controller is very degraded.

I just wish Ubisoft would come out and say if it's coming to current gen or not.

I'd def wait for Rogue on X1 if I was you! Rogue is built using the AC4 engine. The AC4 was released on new-gen, so I'd imagine it's fairly cheap to port Rogue to X1. I would be very suprised if Ubi doesn't do it sometime next year.

steve.macqueen
10-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Embrace the hype ;)
I mustn't! I got greatest enjoyment out of games I don't get hyped over.. but I just can't help it with this one. Darn it, I'm excited.

I remember being very pleased with Brotherhood because it came out before I even knew it existed.. and it was quite a pleasant surprise. I loved the direction the modern day was going so I got hyped hyped hyped after that. For about a year. Then it died.

m4r-k7
10-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Hyped to wear this outfit

http://i.imgur.com/wygMAff.png

Ninja Arno!

rrebe
10-17-2014, 04:29 PM

Ninja Arno!

and hide Arno's handsome face? :rolleyes:
Yea I'd love that outfit too, I hope it is available in-game

m4r-k7
10-17-2014, 04:30 PM
and hide Arno's handsome face? :rolleyes:
Yea I'd love that outfit too, I hope it is available in-game

Dat outfit in traditional assassin white and red

fgjfgjgjfgjfjgfjgfjgf hype = 1000000000000000000000000

lol

Sushiglutton
10-17-2014, 04:34 PM

Ninja Arno!

Not sure you can wear that. I think it's one of the assassins you can get Brotherhood missions from (similar to AC1).

m4r-k7
10-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Not sure you can wear that. I think it's one of the assassins you can get Brotherhood missions from (similar to AC1).

Nooo don't say that!!

rrebe
10-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Nooo don't say that!!

dreams=broken ;_;

m4r-k7
10-17-2014, 04:46 PM
dreams=broken ;_;

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/49/dawson_crying.gif

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-17-2014, 04:50 PM
I refused to be hyped for any game.

Not now! Not ever!

Thank God I wasn't hyped with everyone else at AC3, which barely lead me to any disappointment.

I shall do the same for any future games.

m4r-k7
10-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Yeah I wasn't hyped for AC 4 at all. In fact I didn't think I would get it until I saw a video on how stunning Havana looked. I got it and its one of my favourite AC games.
Can't help but feel hyped though!

rrebe
10-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Hype is good, just don't overdo it

Bastiaen
10-17-2014, 05:06 PM
I'm extremely hyped for Unity, more than ever for any game except AC3, and I wasn't disappointed in AC3 either. I'm hyped for Rogue's story, but I'm concerned by how little marketing and information there has been, not to mention by Loomer's interview with Ivan Balabanov. He just dodged every question in order to hide the game's weaknesses. Guess what? No game is perfect. Acknowledge what's wrong with it and own it. Yeah, Rogue obviously isn't as good as most of the games lately, but that doesn't make it a bad game.

SixKeys
10-17-2014, 05:27 PM
The most hyped I've ever been for any game was ACB. I don't think anything can ever come close to that, especially since I wasn't disappointed when it came time to play it. I allowed myself to get on board the hype train for AC3 despite ACR having disappointed me and that was a big mistake. I've learned my lesson.

The only things that might get me super-hyped again would be Victorian England as a setting and possibly a new 3rd person modern day arc.

Hans684
10-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Rogue = story

Unity = gameplay

I play AC for the story but Unity's story compared to Rogue isn't that interesting but it's still my number one reason as with every AC.

GunnerGalactico
10-17-2014, 07:43 PM
I am a bit excited for both Unity and Rogue, just not over hyped about it

MakimotoJin
10-17-2014, 09:00 PM
I'm kinda excited about Unity.It seems that they have done everything nicely,the free-running,combat,and story seems to be good as well,so I hope they do even better things with the next ACs.

topeira1980
10-17-2014, 10:02 PM
im excited.

as for the poll - i think i had the most amount of issues with previous AC games in the combat and costumization departments to these are really important to me and im stocked they've been addressed. in 3rd and 4th places are the mission structure (more open ended) and co-op. though im excited by the new stealth and navigation too and im loving paris and the graphics... in general i think the reason ACU is so exciting for me is because im loving every single thing they are trying to upgrade this time around. every single game pillar they are addressing is something i wished for for a long time.

if this game disappoints me i will be really surprised and really really heartbroken.
UBI has lied before about things in previous AC games, promising things that were not there in the final game, but this time it looks pretty accurate.
i just hope that combat remains hard AND fun and that they are not tweaking it to be another piece of cake shallow of a system...

RinoTheBouncer
10-17-2014, 11:49 PM
To comment on my choice in the Poll, I voted for “Story”. I honestly couldn’t care less about Co-op, parkour, stealth, missions or Paris as a whole. I’ve been to Paris,

I’ve seen it and maybe you’ll disagree but Europe isn’t like the U.S. or Iraq or Egypt or Dubai or Japan and China, those cities look entirely different from what they used to be because their notable historical times took place a very long time ago and they changed drastically during the past century and the most specifically the last 5 decades. Those countries had simple buildings, houses, mansions, deserts, mosques and churches, ziggurats, pyramids..etc. and now they’re full of skyscrappers, hotels, resorts and modern buildings and beautiful parks..etc.

On the other hand, Europe and England pretty much kept most of their historical structures, buildings, castles and houses and they just transformed them into something else, like someone’s mansion became an Apple Store or a Prison became a hotel or a castle became a shopping center..etc. (just examples out of my own head) so the streets and the general outline of the city looks very similar to what it was in 1902 or 1850, to some extent.

So to me, I don’t really care about parkouring on top of Paris roofs and looking at the dense crowds or forcing a multiplayer on a heavily single player-focused game nor am I interested in collecting pointless items or doing 12 repetitive side missions just to unlock an armor. So unless the story is good enough to keep me entertained and ends with a special type of ending that makes me anticipate the sequel, I’ll be disappointed.

I don’t love AC because it shows me cities of the past or learn about history, I play AC because I wanna know more about the Assassins and the Templars, the First Civ. and the actions of those 3 factions in modern day, as well. Everything else to me is a decoration that makes the cake more beautiful but would be rather useless of the cake itself doesn’t taste good.

m4r-k7
10-17-2014, 11:53 PM
I don’t love AC because it shows me cities of the past or learn about history, I play AC because I wanna know more about the Assassins and the Templars, the First Civ. and the actions of those 3 factions in modern day, as well. Everything else to me is a decoration that makes the cake more beautiful but would be rather useless of the cake itself doesn’t taste good.

It is great to see someone so dedicated to the story. I am almost the opposite. Of course the story is important, but to me, the AC games rarely have an incredibly well written story, in terms of leaving an impact on me.
The concept of the first civilisation and animus is fantastic, and the storys about the individual assassins are definitely above mediocre, but for me I purchase the games as they are the only way of exploring a historical open world. Of course different players like the series for different reasons, but for Assassins Creed games, I care more about the location of the game, than the actual story. I know that might sound bad, but the only AC games where I truly thought the story was good (and which made me think about the ending) was AC 2, AC 3 and AC 4. Saying that, obviously none of the games have been particularly bad in the story department, and AC has managed to make its way as my favourite gaming franchise :)

Megas_Doux
10-17-2014, 11:57 PM
It is great to see someone so dedicated to the story. I am almost the opposite. Of course the story is important, but to me, the AC games rarely have a very good story
The concept of the first civilisation and animus is fantastic, and the storys about the individual assassins are definitely above mediocre, but for me I purchase the games as they are the only way of exploring a historical open world. Of course different players like the series for different reasons, but for Assassins Creed games, I care more about the location of the game, than the actual story. I know that might sound bad, but the only AC games where I truly thought the story was good (and which made me think about the ending) was AC 2, AC 3 and AC 4.

Indeed!

I like these games because the Crusades, The Italian Renassaince , the Golden age of Piracy and now the French Revolution. AC has never had a true good AAA story ala The last of Us of Red dead redemption........

And because of the lore, the lore as a whole is very interesting.

m4r-k7
10-18-2014, 12:00 AM
I like these games because the Crusades, The Italian Renassaince , the Golden age of Piracy and now the French Revolution. AC has never had a true good AAA story ala The last of Us of Red dead redemption.........

Exactly! Those two games were on my top 5 favourite last-gen games and have been the only games that have really really left me astounded at the end of the game.
Unity actually seems to be incredibly well written so far and the cutscenes look incredibly cinematic, with a lot of tension and realism so I am looking forward to seeing whether it can top some of my favourite AC stories :D

RinoTheBouncer
10-18-2014, 03:00 AM
It is great to see someone so dedicated to the story. I am almost the opposite. Of course the story is important, but to me, the AC games rarely have an incredibly well written story, in terms of leaving an impact on me.
The concept of the first civilisation and animus is fantastic, and the storys about the individual assassins are definitely above mediocre, but for me I purchase the games as they are the only way of exploring a historical open world. Of course different players like the series for different reasons, but for Assassins Creed games, I care more about the location of the game, than the actual story. I know that might sound bad, but the only AC games where I truly thought the story was good (and which made me think about the ending) was AC 2, AC 3 and AC 4. Saying that, obviously none of the games have been particularly bad in the story department, and AC has managed to make its way as my favourite gaming franchise :)

Well of course, each one of has has their own preferred elements that we look for in the games, but I’d be all over the location and the historical tour if the location was something that I’ve never seen like for example the Sumerian Civilization, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Rome or Babylon. Those locations were either NEVER depicted in any movies or games (Sumer and Babylon) or portrayed either in a limited angle because the focus was mainly on Moses and Rameses or inside one tomb or pyramid to focus on the mummies (Ancient Egypt) or a love story and some badass fighter with some awesome effects and moves (Ancient Rome). Other than that, it’s just low-budget documentaries.

So if we’re to get one of those as a setting, or even Japan and China which used to be portrayed in games like Onimusha or Ninja Gaiden, but usually in a very limited scope and a much more linear experience, then I’d be really happy to be exploring these places cause I’ve never seen those in person and I’ve never seen a movie or any work of art depicting those in the detailed and open manner that AC does to it’s settings.

So that’s probably why I don’t get too excited for the settings, so far. However, I can’t deny that I enjoyed the breathtaking scenery of ACI, AC:R and ACIII. My most favorite ACs are Ezio’s trilogy, however, when it comes to locations, ACIII’s frontier and homestead were epic, AC:R’s Istanbul and snowy Masyaf were breathtaking and ACI’s deserts and mountains and scenery as a whole were just beautiful to look at and explore :)

dimbismp
10-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Many people call AC3 a disappointment,but where there any signs about that prerelease?I mean could someone predict what was going to happen(and i am speaking about linear mission design and nonexistent stealth,not about the story/characters,this is pretty subjective),or hype blurred everyone's vision?
I mean,regarding ACU,what could possibly go wrong,except from story and bugs/framerate issues????It seems to me that each and every other feature listed at the poll is 99,999% guaranteed....

Anyway,what i think is that AC2015(whethet it is an Arno sequel or featuring a different period) will most likely be better than ACU.Just like AC2>Ac1 and AC4>AC3(for most people anyway).

Fatal-Feit
10-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Many people call AC3 a disappointment,but where there any signs about that prerelease?I mean could someone predict what was going to happen(and i am speaking about linear mission design and nonexistent stealth,not about the story/characters,this is pretty subjective),or hype blurred everyone's vision?

Nope. The developers promised a lot of things that weren't present in the game. The gameplay trailers showcased open missions and stealth. The game looked perfect.

andreycvetov
10-18-2014, 12:15 PM
There is something about Unity that doesnt let me get hyped for

SixKeys
10-18-2014, 12:37 PM
I mean,regarding ACU,what could possibly go wrong,except from story and bugs/framerate issues????It seems to me that each and every other feature listed at the poll is 99,999% guaranteed....

AC3's E3 demo showed random events, official screenshots showed canoes and the devs talked about frozen lakes and how they would affect gameplay just a month or two before release. It was "confirmed" at E3 that the naval component would be freeroam, AC4 style. A lot of stuff that fans were assured would make it into the game were shown just a few months before release, so nobody expected all that stuff to be taken out at the last minute. But that's exactly what ended up happening.

m4r-k7
10-18-2014, 12:47 PM
One feature that I think Unity doesn't have any more is the "quest log" that was shown during E3. I havn't heard anything about it since, and havn't seen it in any new videos.
I was also worried that random events had been taken out, but a previewer said that a whole fight started out in front of him randomly, so thats good :D

dimbismp
10-18-2014, 12:52 PM
AC3's E3 demo showed random events, official screenshots showed canoes and the devs talked about frozen lakes and how they would affect gameplay just a month or two before release. It was "confirmed" at E3 that the naval component would be freeroam, AC4 style. A lot of stuff that fans were assured would make it into the game were shown just a few months before release, so nobody expected all that stuff to be taken out at the last minute. But that's exactly what ended up happening.
Well,i have heard most of these examples,but they just don't justify the massive disappointment for most people.I mean that even if AC3 had frozen lakes,canoes or even random events ,still many problems would still be there(like the ones are mentioned:most notably linear mission design and no stealth).Don't get me wrong,i liked AC3 but no way was it the best AC ever(as it was advertised).
Anyway,back on my initial thought.I cannot imagine that any of these elements will be absent.Maybe crowd density won't be as good as initially thought.And the quality of the story of course is something that we cannot predict

Fatal-Feit
10-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Well,i have heard most of these examples,but they just don't justify the massive disappointment for most people.I mean that even if AC3 had frozen lakes,canoes or even random events ,still many problems would still be there(like the ones are mentioned:most notably linear mission design and no stealth).Don't get me wrong,i liked AC3 but no way was it the best AC ever(as it was advertised).
Anyway,back on my initial thought.I cannot imagine that any of these elements will be absent.Maybe crowd density won't be as good as initially thought.And the quality of the story of course is something that we cannot predict

AC:3 had stealth. As much as AC:2 and AC:B.

m4r-k7
10-18-2014, 02:36 PM
AC:3 had stealth. As much as AC:2 and AC:B.

AC 3's stealth and detection system was 100% broken. It was horrible.

Fatal-Feit
10-18-2014, 02:51 PM
AC 3's stealth and detection system was 100% broken. It was horrible.

That doesn't mean it didn't have stealth. It's one of the few without pseudo stealth.

Sushiglutton
10-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Voted Paris! Fingers crossed it will be as awesome exploring it as I hope!

KeebaElf13
10-18-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm so hype to see where the story is going it probably borderlines inappropriate. The overall story is what really draws me into the AC games and I just can't wait to see what the next installment is going to bring.

harsab
10-18-2014, 11:15 PM
what just got me hyped is warning SPOILER.....that Achilles was trained by Ah Tabai!!! damn!!

Avantiic
10-19-2014, 12:52 AM
Not really hyped since there is no Multiplayer PVP :/ But the new free running looks good :)