PDA

View Full Version : Question about writers of AC

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
10-16-2014, 12:39 PM
So I was just scrolling through the 'side characters' blog in relation to AC Rogue, and noticed at the bottom it mentioned that Richard Farrese is the lead writer on the AC brand.
I was just wondering what happened to Corey May? Does he still work on AC? Just find it a bit puzzling that a guy who has only written Liberation (and Rogue) is the lead writer on the entire brand.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but I was just wondering if Corey May still has any affiliation with AC at all.

SixKeys
10-16-2014, 01:38 PM
So I was just scrolling through the 'side characters' blog in relation to AC Rogue, and noticed at the bottom it mentioned that Richard Farrese is the lead writer on the AC brand.
I was just wondering what happened to Corey May? Does he still work on AC? Just find it a bit puzzling that a guy who has only written Liberation (and Rogue) is the lead writer on the entire brand.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but I was just wondering if Corey May still has any affiliation with AC at all.

Corey May still works at Ubisoft, but no longer on AC. He's now heading Alice, a Ubi-owned studio dedicated to training writers in video game storytelling or something like that.

I thought Darby McDevitt was the lead writer on AC now. :confused:

Edit: Also, Farrese didn't write Liberation, Jill Murray did.

Farlander1991
10-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Here's an Initiates podcast that tells more about Farrese. (https://soundcloud.com/ac-initiates/the-network-podcast-episode-7)

He worked on ACR, AC3, ACL, but was the main writer for Project Legacy and Rogue only so far.

And as far as I understand, the Brand team's main objective is not necessarily the direction the series is going, but making sure that everything's cohesive.