PDA

View Full Version : William Wordsworth in AC: Unity?

Pr0metheus 1962
10-16-2014, 01:17 AM
Does anyone know if the poet William Wordsworth will appear in Assassin's Creed: Unity? He was in Paris in 1791-1793, just at the time the game is set.

ze_topazio
10-16-2014, 01:21 AM
I don't know, on another news I hope Joseph Ducreux is in the game.

VestigialLlama4
10-16-2014, 01:54 AM
The side-missions 1000 Stories of Paris deal with historical elements, so we might meet Wordsworth. There were a lot of interesting English people in Paris at the time: Wordworth, then Mary Wollstonecraft, mother of Mary Shelley, was there between 1792-1793(she left just before the terror and got into trouble because of the declaration of war on England). Helen Maria Williams is another interesting English figure. Thomas Paine is definitely there of course.

DumbGamerTag94
10-16-2014, 02:46 AM
Well I don't know about Englishman but my countrymen may be envolved also.

Thomas Jefferson is a strong possibility. He was a close friend of both Mirabeau and Lafayette. Corresponding with both during the revolution. Jefferson was in France as US ambassador to France from 1784-89. He was in the country up until several months after the fall of the Bastille. He lent his residence in Paris to Lafayette and other republicans to gather and conspire(which is ethically doubious considering such an act could have been construed an act of war by the US on the French Monarchy). After being suspected of such radical support his correspondence was being opened by the French government so Jefferson created the wheel cypher to continue revolutionary activities. He continued to be an avid supporter of the revolution even during its darkest times.

And Thomas Paine an Englishman? Maybe by technicality and birth. But he committed treason against Britain by enflaming the US and French Revolutions. And he lived out his life as an American. So I would say the US gets to claim him. He's already confirmed though in the American Prisoner DLC.

VestigialLlama4
10-16-2014, 03:02 AM
At the time of the Revolution, Thomas Paine was in England trying to stir up revolution there against the monarchy. He came to France fleeing from Edmund Burke and sedition. The Girondins brought him into the National Convention and he came into conflict with Robespierre when he supported their foolish war to stir up "world revolution". I wonder if the game will feature a darker version of Paine, the fact that he wrote pamphlets for Napoleon on how to invade England and later weak entry points on how to invade America. When Robespierre imprisoned him, he had the ambassador Gouvernor Morris' tacit consent (and Washington presumably).

Thomas Jefferson was pals with Mirabeau if I'm not mistaken.

DumbGamerTag94
10-16-2014, 03:19 AM
Yeah it would be nice to have a more accurate depiction of just how violently(and boarderline insane)radical Paine was.

It was a combination of the things you mentioned and his anti religion stance that hardly anyone showed up at Paine's funeral. He was an outcast in the very country he was once a hero.

But over time he has been very romanticized and revered as a hero of two revolutions(along with Lafayette who more accurately deserves that title).

I think it would be nice if AC exposes his radicalism and assholishness that characterized the real Paine.

And yes Jefferson was pals with Mirabeau. And since he's a major figure in the Assassins it seems even more likely for a Jefferson cameo.

I-Like-Pie45
10-16-2014, 04:22 AM
Sally runs out into the streets past Arno, with a half-dressed Jefferson chasing after her

DumbGamerTag94
10-16-2014, 05:13 AM
Sally runs out into the streets past Arno, with a half-dressed Jefferson chasing after her

I would die laughing if that were the real cameo!!! Haha

JustPlainQuirky
10-16-2014, 05:20 AM
I don't know, on another news I hope Joseph Ducreux is in the game.

THIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSS

I'd be happier to see Joseph Ducreux in Unity than Connor tbh.

DumbGamerTag94
10-16-2014, 05:30 AM

I 100% agree! Decreaux is the man.

LoyalACFan
10-16-2014, 11:54 AM

"Pardon me, good sir, I would be much indebted to thee if thou couldst provideth me with the whereabouts of a certain Messer Charles Lee"

Pr0metheus 1962
11-02-2014, 06:10 PM
I 100% agree! Decreaux is the man.

But wasn't Ducreux in England for pretty much the whole of the time the game appears to be set?

Personally, I'd be happier to see Jar Jar Binks in Unity than Connor. Or if they do show Connor, I hope it's just so we see him getting guillotined.