PDA

View Full Version : Who is leaving the glyphs behind this time in AC Unity? (Spoilers from Ubisoft)

pacmanate
10-14-2014, 10:44 PM
This just popped into my mind, as I recall, Clay was the one who left behind these glyphs in the Animus. There are only a handful of people that even know what these are:

Desmond
Clay
Rebecca
Shaun

Who do you think is leaving them in the animus and why do you think they are there? The only thing I think it could be for is telling us, The intitiate, about Junos plot. However, seeing as Shaun is recruiting is it would make more sense to tell us direct than to hide stuff from us.

-----------------------------------------

Also side note, when Clay hugs Desmond at the end of Revelations we still don't know what the glowing arm Desmond got meant, or why Desmond snaps at Rebecca when she refers to Clay as "Subject 16" in one of the out of Animus segments in AC3.

What if Clay copied Desmonds mind into the Animus? I know in Revelations he says everything is getting deleted but I still think part of Clay went into Desmonds body to maybe make a copy of Desmonds mind for the Animus.

The above theory is quiet far fetched I know, but what if it was Desmond leaving behind the glyphs? I really doubt Shaun would put glyphs in the Animus as he is recruiting us, he would be obliged to tell us this stuff about the Templar/Assassin/Juno war anyway.

Discuss.

naumaan
10-14-2014, 10:53 PM
as far as i know i think a modern day twist is waiting for us to be unlocked ... maybe its the one ... may be not ...

r4inm4n1991
10-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Maybe it's still Subject 16's messages hidden around Paris, the rest of the message that he left to Desmond on AC2/ACB.
Clay was data, so it's possible that he copied himself lots of times to different systems, like a virus.
The glowing arm thing is probably him copying himself to Desmond, and then he got back to the Animus when Desmond visited Haytham's memories in the beginning of AC3.
He knows the past, present and future, at least all the probabilitys. So he knew "we" were going to visit Paris eventually and left information for us to find.

How could he have gotten into out personal Animus/Helix? Well, since the assassin's (probably Rebecca and Shawn) have the Animus version Desmond was in, they can update/tweak our system, and S16 virus goes with it.
It's sci-fi so almost anything is possible.

ze_topazio
10-14-2014, 11:29 PM
Assassin_M, once you collect them all you get a 5 hour long video explaining why AC2 and Brotherhood are the worst in the series, why Cesare sucks, how to parkour in New York and Boston and how to make chocolate cookies.

Megas_Doux
10-14-2014, 11:31 PM
Assassin_M, once you collect them all you get a 5 hour long video explaining why AC2 and Brotherhood are the worst in the series, why Cesare sucks, how to parkour in New York and Boston and how to make chocolate cookies.

HAHAHAHAHAH

Good!

pacmanate
10-15-2014, 12:06 AM
^ Exactly, which is why I think Desmond is still floating around somewhere, either in Fibre Optic Broadband like Juno, or by some other means.

hood3dassassin5
10-15-2014, 12:10 AM
The arm the was glowing because of Desmond is the same arm he used to touch the pedestal

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120121145020/assassinscreed/images/thumb/e/ef/Miles_van_2.png/250px-Miles_van_2.webp

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130209054235/assassinscreed/images/thumb/3/3c/ACIII-GTEnd_5.png/250px-ACIII-GTEnd_5.webp

:confused: What does it mean????

EDIT: Sorry for deletion, thought it was a little unrelated to glyphs

dxsxhxcx
10-15-2014, 12:24 AM
or why Desmond snaps at Rebecca when she refers to Clay as "Subject 16" in one of the out of Animus segments in AC3.

this is because she wasn't part of the paid DLC where they revealed his name.. :p

does it say somewhere that we'll have glyphs in ACU?

pacmanate
10-15-2014, 01:15 AM
this is because she wasn't part of the paid DLC where they revealed his name.. :p

does it say somewhere that we'll have glyphs in ACU?

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/assassins_creed_unity/b/playstation4/archive/2014/10/06/out-with-the-old.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft2014/AssassinsCreed/unity/handson/hunt1280.jpg

ShoryukenMan
10-15-2014, 01:31 AM
"I'm saving you, idiot!"

"Save" file as...

dxsxhxcx
10-15-2014, 01:34 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/assassins_creed_unity/b/playstation4/archive/2014/10/06/out-with-the-old.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

thanks.. :)

wvstolzing
10-15-2014, 02:44 AM
What if Clay copied Desmonds mind into the Animus? I know in Revelations he says everything is getting deleted but I still think part of Clay went into Desmonds body to maybe make a copy of Desmonds mind for the Animus.

"I'm saving you, idiot!"

"Save" file as...

I *really* like this possibility. One counterargument could be that they wouldn't want to refer too much to Desmond, in order not to alienate new players, which we know is a concern of theirs.

I was out of the loop for quite a while; the only 'glyph' I saw was in the latest(?) story trailer (the double spirals behind Arno's head). Were there other occurrences? Would anyone be so kind as to provide a link? Though maybe I should just go ahead and search the forums. Sorry.

dxsxhxcx
10-15-2014, 03:38 AM
I *really* like this possibility. One counterargument could be that they wouldn't want to refer too much to Desmond, in order not to alienate new players, which we know is a concern of theirs.

I was out of the loop for quite a while; the only 'glyph' I saw was in the latest(?) story trailer (the double spirals behind Arno's head). Were there other occurrences? Would anyone be so kind as to provide a link? Though maybe I should just go ahead and search the forums. Sorry.

above your post there's the link pacmanate posted with more information about the glyphs, don't put your hopes up too high though, I didn't like what I read...

wvstolzing
10-15-2014, 04:00 AM
above your post there's the link pacmanate posted with more information about the glyphs, don't put your hopes up too high though, I didn't like what I read...

oops, it was right under my nose.

I didn't like that *at all*... Sounds like just another pointless 'mobile device gimmick'; I'm sick of those.

... but could the spirals behind Arno's head in the trailer be a matter of this 'companion app'? That looked like an in-game main-mission thing.

The spirals are interesting in that they were among Clay's glyphs; but there was also the astrological (& alchemical) sign of Mercury inside Notre Dame. Maybe there's more to this glyph business.

king-hailz
10-15-2014, 08:12 AM
http://youtu.be/NjbghXt-8aU

If this not someone we know especially Desmond or clay... then I will be pissed and not really surprised.... The modern day is just a big disappointment now...

Yet I'm still hoping ubisoft is reading this and laughing thinking 'that's what you think' and them surprise us with something amazing... but I doubt it...

RinoTheBouncer
10-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Pac, I really hope this is real. I mean, I’m sure you know how much I love the modern day story and how I wish it returns to it’s original style. I agree with you that Clay hugging Desmond seemed to have more meaning than just trying to throw I’m into the gate, I mean why hug him instead of just telling him to run to the gate? “I’m saving you, you idiot!” and then “go, GO!”, It’s like he literally “saved” him and then told him to go.

Same goes for Desmond’s glowing arm (the same arm that got charred upon touching the pedestal), and the whole glyphs thing which was Clay’s speciality.

Either Desmond is now in the Animus and he’ll be the new Clay Kazmareck or he’ll be in some sort of “nexus” where he knows everything going on, observing history as a whole piece and helping “us” in the game to defeat Juno, because those clues that Clay left were meant to alert Desmond to what’s going on, so seeing them again means somebody, most likely Desmond, Clay or both are trying to tell “us” in modern day to be alert and to start joining something greater than ourselves.

I’ve read that there will be a huge surprise in Modern Day after 1 hour of gameplay in AC:U. I don’t know how true that is, but I’m crossing my fingers for something great. And let’s not forget that there’s a trophy in AC:Ro that’s called “He’s not dead, is he?” which either refers to The Sage, Desmond or Clay.

http://youtu.be/NjbghXt-8aU

If this not someone we know especially Desmond or clay... then I will be pissed and not really surprised.... The modern day is just a big disappointment now...

Yet I'm still hoping ubisoft is reading this and laughing thinking 'that's what you think' and them surprise us with something amazing... but I doubt it...

I agree with you. I hope the same as well and I love that video, although it missed the part where Desmond’s arm glows in AC:R after waking up from the coma. It was never explained and it resembled the glow on Clay’s body when he hugged Desmond.

I know Ubisoft could be way over the story of Desmond and co. but I just hope they don’t ignore it and instead expand it. Modern Day and First Civ. are my most favorite parts in AC and I hope they don’t get ditched or turn into something optional and unimportant. That’s how the franchise started so no need to strip off of something that many fans do love and care about.

hood3dassassin5
10-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Speaking of Desmond, what about his Apple of Eden? The Assassins can't have it, cause if they did, then they would also have Desmond's body because they would have to go back for it. And Abstergo can't have it since it would've been in evidence. So, where is it?

NondairyGold
10-15-2014, 11:36 AM
I loved the glyphs and am glad that they are back. As to who might have put them there, well I'm going to say 16 and Desmond will have nothing to do with it and it will be infact a new person. This guy
Robert Fraser

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/10351466_561353657298881_3736574497665056321_n_zps 711460ba.jpg (http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/UlysessJDuckett/media/10351466_561353657298881_3736574497665056321_n_zps 711460ba.jpg.html)

RinoTheBouncer
10-15-2014, 12:46 PM
Speaking of Desmond, what about his Apple of Eden? The Assassins can't have it, cause if they did, then they would also have Desmond's body because they would have to go back for it. And Abstergo can't have it since it would've been in evidence. So, where is it?

Yeah. Where is it, really? like he used it to open the door then used it to kill Vidic, but that’s about it. Who had it after him? him in his backpack? William Miles, Shaun and Rebecca? if it’s with Desmond then I believe that Abstergo certainly got it, Abstergo more powerful than the police or the FBI..etc. so I’m sure they’ll be able to get it, if it was in evidence, unless there was somebody else who entered the Grand Temple before Abstergo and after Desmond’s team.

pacmanate
10-15-2014, 01:57 PM
@Rino - Exactly, I don't think "I'm saving you idiot" was just to do with him getting into that door. Glowly arm and all, something passed into Desmond and I think a copy of Desmond also left.

@hood - That's a good point, who knows where it is. In the case file in AC4 that was not one of the recovered Items and It sure as hell would have been mentioned if they recovered it. Maybe it got destroyed, maybe someone else went in and picked it up.

Ooo just thought of something but spoilers

Rogue ties in with Unity and there is something at the end of Rogue thats important. What if that is what the "He's dead, isn't he?" (or w/e) achievement is? Telling us that Desmond is alive on the interwebs, leaves us glyphs in AC Unity. It would be interesting if the Desmond in the interwebs has some major personality change. That would be interesting imo. Almost like a completely new character but who has insight into the Nexus, Adam and Eve (due to Clay) and various other things

LatinaC09
10-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Interesting speculation. So in a way Desmond is still alive in the Animus. I hope they incorporate this into one of the two games. Considering we haven't heard to much info on the MD for Unity, I'm guessing it will be there. I think I read somewhere that Rogue MD is more or less the same as Black Flag (not surprisingly).

Xangr8
10-15-2014, 04:34 PM
This just popped into my mind, as I recall, Clay was the one who left behind these glyphs in the Animus. There are only a handful of people that even know what these are:

Desmond
Clay
Rebecca
Shaun

Who do you think is leaving them in the animus and why do you think they are there? The only thing I think it could be for is telling us, The intitiate, about Junos plot. However, seeing as Shaun is recruiting is it would make more sense to tell us direct than to hide stuff from us.

-----------------------------------------

Also side note, when Clay hugs Desmond at the end of Revelations we still don't know what the glowing arm Desmond got meant, or why Desmond snaps at Rebecca when she refers to Clay as "Subject 16" in one of the out of Animus segments in AC3.

The above theory is quiet far fetched I know, but what if it was Desmond leaving behind the glyphs? I really doubt Shaun would put glyphs in the Animus as he is recruiting us, he would be obliged to tell us this stuff about the Templar/Assassin/Juno war anyway.

Discuss.

This has to be it. There's no way they can leave those loose ends. It's Desmond.

pacmanate
10-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Interesting speculation. So in a way Desmond is still alive in the Animus. I hope they incorporate this into one of the two games. Considering we haven't heard to much info on the MD for Unity, I'm guessing it will be there. I think I read somewhere that Rogue MD is more or less the same as Black Flag (not surprisingly).

Dont forget about that Rogue achivement.

Who else could be dead but not? I highly doubt it's Vidic or Daniel, they are DEAD dead. As for Desmond, he is the only other Modern Day character that died... apart from the Sage, but he wouldnt leave Glyphs or be reincarnated a year after.

SlyTrooper
10-15-2014, 05:43 PM
I suppose Clay could have done something with Desmond before he was erased. It never did make sense to me why he grabbed him just to let him go again.

Kakuzu745
10-15-2014, 07:57 PM
Desmond not as the main character sounds way better...like some sort of "guide" to the MD universe.

dxsxhxcx
10-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Dont forget about that Rogue achivement.

Who else could be dead but not? I highly doubt it's Vidic or Daniel, they are DEAD dead. As for Desmond, he is the only other Modern Day character that died... apart from the Sage, but he wouldnt leave Glyphs or be reincarnated a year after.

Can two Sages live at the same time? I really don't want to see Desmond being brought back like S16 and start the whole ghost in the machine thing all over again... they had their chance with S16 and screwed up, (IMO) it won't be now with the modern days as it is that they'll make it work...

DeluxedMass
10-15-2014, 10:21 PM
So this is what i think will happen. Desmond will come back but won't get to be the main character in any upcoming game.
He will be the assassin that knows a lot of things and we will be the assassin that will work with him to defeat Juno or whatever. the glyphs look very interesting though, the fact that it was shown in the trailer means that it's important.

m4r-k7
10-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Also, the modern day segment of Unity MUST be incredibly important, more so than in AC 4 as this is the first next-gen game and I remember Amancio saying that he wants it to be the new "saga" kind of like how AC 1 was on last-gen.

P.S I don't think these are glyphs. They are cryptic clues related to the Nostradamus treasure hunts, according to this preview http://www.usgamer.net/articles/assassins-creed-unity-preview (some spoilers)

ze_topazio
10-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Desmond is Jeesus our savior and bartender.

AdamPearce
10-16-2014, 01:20 AM
It's Juno.

I just realise that the actual modern day plot is actually really terrible, feels like it's been written by a 14 iluminati theorists that got excited and let loose.
I think a the next plot twist (in MD) will make me laugh, because it will either come from absolutely no where (hello Minerva) or be so easy & dumb that it'll break my face.

Radman500
10-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Juno?

PedroAntonio2
10-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Why are you building hype around those Glyphs ? They are going to be unlocked only with that smartphone app crap...

I loved the Glyphs back in ACII and ACB, but Ubisoft managed to turn that into a cellphone app where you need to spend real money to unlock it. So, yeah...I really doubt the plot twist is going to be centered around those puzzles, they are probably being left by an Assassin or an Initiate who want to help you, you complete those puzzles and you unlock a archive, file, audio file or something like that. If they are going to throw a Desmond ou Clay being alive inside a machine, it's not going to be revealed after completing all the Glyphs.

pacmanate
10-18-2014, 06:57 PM
Why are you building hype around those Glyphs ? They are going to be unlocked only with that smartphone app crap...

Because the fact remains that only 4 people know what they are. 2 of them are Dead, 2 of them you work for.

If Ubisoft just decided to add glyphs for the sake of adding glyphs then i will be angry too.

Xstantin
10-18-2014, 07:30 PM

I loved the Glyphs back in ACII and ACB, but Ubisoft managed to turn that into a cellphone app where you need to spend real money to unlock it.

Isn't the app free though?

dxsxhxcx
10-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Because the fact remains that only 4 people know what they are. 2 of them are Dead, 2 of them you work for.

If Ubisoft just decided to add glyphs for the sake of adding glyphs then i will be angry too.

look at what they did with the modern days, these glyphs will probably serve more as fan service than hold anything really relevant to the story...

pacmanate
10-18-2014, 07:57 PM
look at what they did with the modern days, these glyphs will probably serve more as fan service than hold anything really relevant to the story...

Which im hoping doesnt happen cause for me thats not fan service.

Thats pissing on something great and wiping it on some filthy tramp

dxsxhxcx
10-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Thats pissing on something great and wiping it on some filthy tramp

IMO they already did that when they decided to relegate it to a cellphone app...

Eurostar7
10-18-2014, 08:08 PM
I think the Glyphs are part of the Nostradamus stuff that i been hearing about. Since supposedly Nostradamus can predict the future, he probably made those glyphs to prevent the future he sees, from happening. The glyphs could be a way for him to talk to future generations after life escapes him.

Hans684
10-18-2014, 08:14 PM
^ If true, why must we use an App to get it? They didn't do it with AC2 and there is no reason now either.

Eurostar7
10-18-2014, 08:14 PM
Just an FYI though, in the latest story trailer for ACU, there is a split second where they show a wall with glowing writing, similar to the end of AC1 (we find out later it was Subject 16 who wrote in his own blood on the walls)

pacmanate
10-18-2014, 08:34 PM
^ If true, why must we use an App to get it? They didn't do it with AC2 and there is no reason now either.

To force people to use the companion app so they can say its a success.

Just an FYI though, in the latest story trailer for ACU, there is a split second where they show a wall with glowing writing, similar to the end of AC1 (we find out later it was Subject 16 who wrote in his own blood on the walls)

Yeah I havent watched that cause this year im going in dark. Mayrice said that Arno can actually see these though which is odd.

dxsxhxcx
10-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Yeah I havent watched that cause this year im going in dark. Mayrice said that Arno can actually see these though which is odd.

just another side effect of not knowing where to go with the story or what to do to keep the franchise fresh because of the yearly releases... I'll never forget the day they thought it was a good idea to give the protagonist the X-ray ability... :rolleyes:

pacmanate
10-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Thats what I will never get about AC.

You can never say its kinda grounded in reality, but has some sci fi, but you can drop off tall structures and not be hurt, but its based in the real world, but you have x ray vision.

I've give up bothering however Unity is scaring me with its magic potions. Health boost potions, lower detection rate potions. It just doesnt fit imo.

Fatal-Feit
10-18-2014, 09:12 PM

You can never say its kinda grounded in reality, but has some sci fi, but you can drop off tall structures and not be hurt, but its based in the real world, but you have x ray vision.

I've give up bothering however Unity is scaring me with its magic potions. Health boost potions, lower detection rate potions. It just doesnt fit imo.

It also introduces speed/attack boost potions, etc. It's becoming more like an fantasy adventure game.

dxsxhxcx
10-18-2014, 09:12 PM

IMO in AC1/2 (where it seemed they had a clue about what they were doing and where they were going) all this thing about first civilization, PoEs and what the Bleeding Effect was able to do were quite believable, even knowing it was something fictional it was presented in such a way that it made sense (inside its universe rules) and it didn't seem to be something too good to be true because it was simple, now the protagonist is almost reaching the X-men status and they've complicated things so much that what once looked like it was closer to the realm of reality than fantasy took flight and god knows where it'll stop.

Radman500
10-19-2014, 10:39 PM
are these first civ glyphs?

RinoTheBouncer
10-19-2014, 10:41 PM

They’re not First Civ., they’re glyphs that reference global organizations, belief systems, mathematical equations and figures..etc. they were used by Clay Kazmareck to tell Desmond about the end of the world and the events that followed AC1.

Hans684
10-20-2014, 04:28 PM

No, but that sounds interesting. Ubi should do that one day.

Eurostar7
10-21-2014, 03:01 AM
Would be interesting if the glyphs are actually Desmond's consciousness. Kind of like the movie Transcendence. Desmond transcended into the Animus and he is leaving hints like Clay used to do.

But i think its the Nostradamus stuff, if it isnt left over clues created by Subject 16 (Clay)