PDA

View Full Version : Guillotine Edition for Non-European Countries?

theBoyWonder93
10-14-2014, 05:07 AM
Can anybody from Ubisoft tell me why North America hasn't had the opportunity to purchase the good special editions of the Assassin's Creed games for the past two years. The European editions have more physical content and the statues in the recent US collector's editions are less intricate. Last year, Europe had the black chest edition which had Edward on the bow of a ship instead of just on a wooden floor. This year the guillotine edition has Arno in front of a guillotine while the US version only has him standing on a gargoyle. I went through the trouble of getting a UK IP address but even then I can't order the guillotine edition because I don't have a UK or Ireland address to ship it to. On eBay, pre-ordering it costs anywhere between $350-$400 when adding shipping. I'm super bummed out by this and cannot think of a valid reason to withhold this edition from other countries outside of Europe. Even worse, it is a U-Play exclusive and causes sellers on eBay to be the only third party to offer pre-orders while charging nearly double the retail price. Can't the European collector's editions be made available to everyone?

Mr_Shade
10-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Hi,

Different regions can and do get different editions - this is due to many reasons.

I wouldn't suggest importing - if you will require access to any DLC /ULC codes - since this might not work in different regions etc.

theBoyWonder93
10-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Hi, thank you for your reply. I was not aware that DLC was region locked. I appreciate the info. I am an avid collector of comic book and gaming related statues and am really sad that the Arno statue in the guillotine edition is not available outside the UK or Ireland. Is there any chance ubisoft will make it available for purchase to other countries? The statue is what I'm really after.

rrebe
10-14-2014, 03:59 PM
The Guillotine edition is available to EMEA countries

theBoyWonder93
10-14-2014, 04:06 PM
Hi, thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately, I live in California. Looks like I'll have to overpay for the Arno Guillotine Statue on eBay.

By the way, I like your Assassin Turkey avatar pic.

rrebe
10-14-2014, 04:17 PM
yea no problem
and thanks :o (the turkey is the most epic assassin of them all :rolleyes: )