PDA

View Full Version : Missing shadows inside of the buildings?

dandins
10-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Just saw the new coop gameplay video and was really shocked about the missing shadows everywhere inside of the buildings ..o.o
its looks totally unreal - is this a new gen game? Where is the highly promised global ilumination ?!?!??

http://www11.pic-upload.de/13.10.14/8aom2298z542.jpg

http://www11.pic-upload.de/13.10.14/8us9rc8eo5f3.jpg

m4r-k7
10-13-2014, 07:30 PM
I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. Maybe they will be in the final build?

Assassin_M
10-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Game sucks, cancelling pre-order. wtf ubi?

Reaper-59
10-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Game sucks, cancelling pre-order. wtf ubi?

I was just thinking that, I mean just look at the mini map. That red is too dark, what the hell is all that about . . . . .

TheArcaneEagle
10-13-2014, 07:34 PM
Don't even care.

http://conservatives4palin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Ron-Swanson-Says-Dont-Even-Care.gif

Assassin_M
10-13-2014, 07:36 PM
I was just thinking that, I mean just look at the mini map. That red is too dark, what the hell is all that about . . . . .
and I don't like that 108F out of nowhere, what is that? what even is that? yuck. Gonna buy it when it's in the bargain bin for $2 because that's all it's worth. What Lazy developers.

Reaper-59
10-13-2014, 07:38 PM
and I don't like that 108F out of nowhere, what is that? what even is that? yuck. Gonna buy it when it's in the bargain bin for $2 because that's all it's worth. What Lazy developers.

Yeah, and the way he has 2 phantom blade bolts in the second pic but none in the first, I mean do they honestly think that we wouldn't notice that.

marvelfannumber
10-13-2014, 07:39 PM
The carpets don't even look like cloth.

0/10, worst game ever do not buy!

#ImissEzio

Assassin_M
10-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Yeah, and the way he has 2 phantom blade bolts in the second pic but none in the first, I mean do they honestly think that we wouldn't notice that.
Yeah, they think we're dumb but not us, ubi. you can fool everyone but not us. We're educated fans and we do our research. I mean, i can do all of this work with my pinky finger, you lazy wards.

Locopells
10-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Alright guys, don't belabour the point...

Assassin_M
10-13-2014, 07:45 PM
Alright guys, don't belabour the point...
I'm being dead serious. I'm cancelling the preorder that I never placed.

okay okay, i'm not serious

m4r-k7
10-13-2014, 07:46 PM
#noshadowscancelledpreorder

Reaper-59
10-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Ha ha, to be honest, it was the whole "I'm cancelling my pre-order because of this 1080p downgrade" none sense topics that I've been reading lately that got me into this mood, not this topic.

MnemonicSyntax
10-13-2014, 07:59 PM
If Ron Swanson doesn't care, I don't either! I'm all in!

Sushiglutton
10-13-2014, 08:03 PM
"We work in the dark to".. oh wait..

pacmanate
10-13-2014, 08:03 PM
God, you guys on the first page are right ****s.

When did OP say he was cancelling the game? He made a valid observation. Get off your high horses.

Assassin_M
10-13-2014, 08:12 PM

When did OP say he was cancelling the game? He made a valid observation. Get off your high horses.
You get off your high horse. It's as bad as AC's horses.

KagenoTatsumaki
10-13-2014, 08:13 PM

They were just joking. (though, you might be too, hmmmmm >_>)

Anyways, I'm sure it's just because of the age of the build, I heard it was a few weeks old.

Dannagar
10-13-2014, 08:29 PM
I think Ubisoft needs some more talented programmers or they need to let this bake for a few more months and get the game up to snuff with other next gen projects.

MnemonicSyntax
10-13-2014, 08:32 PM
I think Ubisoft needs some more talented programmers or they need to let this bake for a few more months and get the game up to snuff with other next gen projects.

None the less, I never make calls based on a video. Videos don't usually play back at 60fps and usually don't represent the final build of the game.

I'll just leave this here.

Assassin_M
10-13-2014, 08:36 PM
I'll just leave this here.
Dammit, man, I wanted him to indulge me in his vast experience of how games are made and how programming works. I'm only a lowly last gen peasant and would benefit from such a Scholar's knowledge--you leave him be.

MnemonicSyntax
10-13-2014, 08:39 PM
Ah sorry M. Armchair, armchair programmers everywhere!

Dannagar
10-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Dammit, man, I wanted him to indulge me in his vast experience of how games are made and how programming works. I'm only a lowly last gen peasant and would benefit from such a Scholar's knowledge--you leave him be.

While I have my BA in Media Arts and a Minor in Computer Science, I don't think it's possible to educate you over the forums. Seeing how you spend most of your life on the forums, it might be impossible to educate you at all.

Assassin_M
10-13-2014, 08:48 PM
While I have my BA in Media Arts and a Minor in Computer Science, I don't think it's possible to educate you over the forums. Seeing how you spend most of your life on the forums, it might be impossible to educate you at all.
I have a Masters in Computer Science and a Bachelor's in Game Design and development. Find another insult, bud. It's getting old...the whole "no life" thing.

MnemonicSyntax
10-13-2014, 08:49 PM

C'mon, again with the strawman arguments?

Dannagar
10-13-2014, 08:56 PM
I have a Masters in Computer Science and a Bachelor's in Game Design and development. Find another insult, bud. It's getting old...the whole "no life" thing.

LOL, I doubt it. You've spent the last 10 years of your life on this forum. None the less, you can't change my mind on my opinion or my personal assessment. It's my opinion that the game needs to bake a few months longer.

MnemonicSyntax
10-13-2014, 09:01 PM
LOL, I doubt it. You've spent the last 10 years of your life on this forum. None the less, you can't change my mind on my opinion or my personal assessment. It's my opinion that the game needs to bake a few months longer.

Alright well... you clearly don't have any sort of math degree if you think M's been on the forum for ten years.

Since your mind is made up, and you keep saying the same strawman argument, well... good luck in your future endeavors. Maybe one day Ubisoft will "win" you back because you are their most important customer!

Assassin_M
10-13-2014, 09:01 PM
LOL, I doubt it.
Good luck, mate.

Xangr8
10-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Guys? I guess this thread is going slightly off-topic...
>_>
<_<

KagenoTatsumaki
10-13-2014, 09:12 PM
Guys? I guess this thread is going slightly off-topic...
>_>
<_<

Ssshhhhhh! Quiet!I'm enjoying the show!

Xangr8
10-13-2014, 09:19 PM

Ookkaayy >_>

Assassin_M
10-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Show's over, I'm done here.

Dannagar
10-13-2014, 09:37 PM
Alright well... you clearly don't have any sort of math degree if you think M's been on the forum for ten years.

Since your mind is made up, and you keep saying the same strawman argument, well... good luck in your future endeavors. Maybe one day Ubisoft will "win" you back because you are their most important customer!

It's a jab at him, not a calculation. I will say that one of the forums I frequent, I have about the same number of posts as you, around 2000. That took me about 4 years. I'm a Media Technician within an IT department. So I have time during the day to goof off. I couldn't imagine how much time it would take to generate over 22,000 posts. It blows my mind. I think I'd kill myself if I every achieved 22,000 posts.

lothario-da-be
10-13-2014, 09:39 PM
It's a jab at him, not a calculation. I will say that one of the forums I frequent, I have about the same number of posts as you, around 2000. That's took me about 4 years. I'm a Media Technician within an IT department. So I have time during the day to goof off. I couldn't imagine how much time it would take to generate over 22,000 posts. It blows my mind. I think I'd kill myself if I every achieved 22,000 posts.
Ever heard of mayrice?
You should meet her.

dandins
10-13-2014, 09:44 PM
the first 10-20 hours of gameplay you wont notice these details but the more you play, the more you discover ... the more these weak graphic effects will annoy you.

but 90% of the posts here show that the target group doesnt care and ubi knows that.

Shahkulu101
10-13-2014, 09:44 PM
People only say high post counts on forums are 'sad' or embarrassing but your average person probably spends as much time on Facebook and Twitter etc. as we do on the forums.

The difference is people on video game forums have a cultured interested which they love to discuss. Which is better than the hugely narcissistic world of conventional social media.

lothario-da-be
10-13-2014, 09:46 PM
People only say high post counts on forums are 'sad' or embarrassing but your average person probably spends as much time on Facebook and Twitter etc. as we do on the forums.

The difference is people on video game forums have a cultured interested which they love to discuss. Which is better than the hugely narcissistic world of conventional social media.
No, we are no life virgin nerds...

MnemonicSyntax
10-13-2014, 09:48 PM
It's a jab at him, not a calculation. I will say that one of the forums I frequent, I have about the same number of posts as you, around 2000. That's took me about 4 years. I'm a Media Technician within an IT department. So I have time during the day to goof off. I couldn't imagine how much time it would take to generate over 22,000 posts. It blows my mind. I think I'd kill myself if I every achieved 22,000 posts.

That's twelve posts a day on average. I've said before you don't know what he does, so all this assuming makes you look like you're grasping for straws.

12 posts on average, a day. He's gone back and forth with you enough to fill his "quota" so he doesn't have to post for the next few days.

And honestly, I don't care what you say do. However judging by your posts, you really have no idea what you're talking about, between comparing other software titles, optimization and substandard statements that keep flying around. Unless you just work the hardware side, and if that's the case you have a Minor in Computer Science which is the software side...

the first 10-20 hours of gameplay you wont notice these details but the more you play, the more you discover ... the more these weak graphic effects will annoy you.

but 90% of the posts here show that the target group doesnt care and ubi knows that.

Except, none of us have played it yet. That's a video, not the final result.

Maybe it's not that we don't care, but because we know Ubi better than that. Every other AC has shadows everywhere... why wouldn't this one too?

It's called a "wait and see attitude." Try it sometime before pointing fingers and saying that no one cares. :rolleyes:

Megas_Doux
10-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Nice find, op!

Shahkulu101
10-13-2014, 09:57 PM
No, we are no life virgin nerds...

You know, a lot of people who feel that way tend to get on better in life than most and their days of adolescent insecurity are long gone... The people with high post counts tend to be smart cookies - barring myself of course.

This is veering way off topic anyway, like A LOT.

Xangr8
10-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Er...no shadows inside buildings! Gawd look at that! >_>
<_<
That's so... well I guess no one cares now. This thread has gone just a bit off the topic.

Fatal-Feit
10-14-2014, 12:05 AM
...That's going to be an eyesore, for sure.

Locopells
10-14-2014, 12:36 AM
Last warning guys, keep it on topic...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907076-*IMPORTANT*-Regarding-Trolling-Spamming-Hi-jacking-the-Forums

hood3dassassin5
10-14-2014, 12:45 AM
No shadows!
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUGEyQfcTPFz5JcHSXNZCNkcX1HbiV1 w5xbOmS3Bno8UvBtYvxVw
I'm done. Assassin's Creed is now the worst franchise on the face of the planet and Ubisoft is the new EA.

Xstantin
10-14-2014, 12:57 AM
Well, to be honest, this is similar to "Arno is ugly", "The robes are too short" and "blood looks bad". So I guess it's valid.