PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity Companion App detailed first look (SPOILERS)

pacmanate
10-13-2014, 01:17 AM
No gameplay spoilers, just what the app can do

http://youtu.be/1KjkaRZyenE

SixKeys
10-13-2014, 03:36 AM
This looks really confusing.

Xstantin
10-13-2014, 04:05 AM
It looks better than Black Flag app imo. I'm still not sure about the game's content spread across the app, Initiates and so on.

naumaan
10-13-2014, 05:56 AM
so basically, to have complete experience of game, i have to get a companion app and that would only be possible if i have an android device, and i never had that ever, so i need to buy one for ac... and i cant afford it at the moment ... :(

Anykeyer
10-13-2014, 08:24 AM
It looks almost the same as AC4 companion. Its fine for as long as you can do all those things (like managing brotherhood) on your main gaming platform. Whats really frustrating is that talk about exclusive missions. WTF are they doing? Players arent idiots, they know all those missions are in the main game, companion doesnt upload them. Locking stuff is BS. For clarification: I have a harware to run companion app and I still find this stupid. Why would I want to get distracted to check if there are missions nearby I cant see in game? Companion should provide options, not force something.

pacmanate
10-13-2014, 11:17 AM
I like the look of this, however I am not happy about missions being locked. They are obviously on disc, people paid for the WHOLE game, what if they cant get the companion app? They miss out on some missions they should have anyway

SHADOWGARVIN
10-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Will i be able to play this on my android phone?

KagenoTatsumaki
10-13-2014, 02:13 PM
AC4's companion app was available for a few android phones, so maybe. I hope so because I only have an Android phone as well.

m4r-k7
10-13-2014, 02:13 PM
I think to myself sometimes that Ubisoft's market research must be horrendous. They want all of this connectivity, in terms of app's and phones, but seriously, gamers DO NOT WANT THIS! We just want the damn game with all the content. Where is the fun in going on your phone to unlock a chest in game? Not only does it break the immersion, but its not entertaining at all to have to go on your phone to send your assassins off or look at what others are doing. Why can't we just do this on the game instead. I don't get the logic behind the invention of these apps.

rrebe
10-13-2014, 02:23 PM
here's another video of the companion app

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V12S7uyzLwU

KagenoTatsumaki
10-13-2014, 02:24 PM
I think to myself sometimes that Ubisoft's market research must be horrendous. They want all of this connectivity, in terms of app's and phones, but seriously, gamers DO NOT WANT THIS! We just want the damn game with all the content. Where is the fun in going on your phone to unlock a chest in game? Not only does it break the immersion, but its not entertaining at all to have to go on your phone to send your assassins off or look at what others are doing. Why can't we just do this on the game instead. I don't get the logic behind the invention of these apps.

I agree, it doesn't sound like any fun. I guess maybe you get more "play time" because of having to to do basically the brotherhood missions from AC:B- AC3 on your phone/tablet?

Anykeyer
10-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Why do they want play time? Makes 0 sense. Its not MMO with subscribtion, so that simply means more stress for their servers.

lothario-da-be
10-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Just like with every companion app I don't care. it looks boring and useless.

KagenoTatsumaki
10-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Why do they want play time? Makes 0 sense. Its not MMO with subscribtion, so that simply means more stress for their servers.

I don't know. Just trying to see any possible reasons why they think this is a good idea lol.

Sushiglutton
10-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Is there something wrong with me that I just get tired when I see how many icons they have spammed on that one small slice of the map? I'm worried about the direction of the franchise into more and more grindy/loot-heavy territory.

Shahkulu101
10-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Could not be less interested in this - looks very dull and cumbersome. Looks like it won't add to the experience positively at all.

And what's with exclusive in-game content for the app? It doesn't take a genius to realise that forcing customers to use something won't make it successful, but just agitate them.