PDA

View Full Version : AC Series idea

harsab
10-12-2014, 07:45 PM
I've been thinking of this for quite some time now and i honestly think if Ubisoft do this it will be the most awesome thing ever.

I honestly think after they finish making video games and have covered all the locations the fans have been requesting and sort of made things clear for the current ac story arc, i think they should create a real life AC Series that would air on HBO or something.

I think they should scrap the movie and make a series. Just imagine... the story would appeal to people who don't even play video games.

Seeing first civ places, new assassins, new pieces of eden so much more mystery and new MD characters and references to the past.

With AC'S unique story & that implemented in to a series it could turn out to be big as Game Of Thrones imo.

What do you people think?

naumaan
10-12-2014, 07:52 PM
game of thrones was a novel, if they started a tv show .. all the elements of game will be stopped ... either the games or tv show

harsab
10-12-2014, 08:00 PM
game of thrones was a novel, if they started a tv show .. all the elements of game will be stopped ... either the games or tv show

like they said previously there is an end to the Current story arc but not an overall ending to AC.

People who are fans of the story definitely do not want it to end so why not create a series to show off some new assassins, piece of edens and new story line with references from the past?

if it's done correctly shot in the right places and doesn't look cheesy it will be the biggest show imo.

RinoTheBouncer
10-12-2014, 08:53 PM
I’d like to have an AC series. It would be amazing.

However, I wish that instead of a live-action movie or a series, they make a CGI film. Nothing can portray a game better on the big screen other than it’s own makers, it’s own characters and their voices.

Xangr8
10-12-2014, 08:56 PM

However, I wish that instead of a live-action movie or a series, they make a CGI film. Nothing can portray a game better on the big screen other than it’s own makers, it’s own characters and their voices.

True. I'd prefer a CGI shows over live-action ones.

harsab
10-12-2014, 09:05 PM

Yeah that would be amazing like Embers. But unfortunately it wouldn't appeal to a worldwide audience it would appeal to AC fans only i think.

However a live series would attract the whole world if it's done correctly.

I could just imagine an Assassin walking to a first civ place finds a piece of eden...episode ends or something like that lol. Damn it would be amazing.

pacmanate
10-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Me and my dad always thought the CGI trailers would be better for movies cause of real voices etc. Not to mention each CG trailer looks more realistic than the last.

Hans684
10-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Step 1: Novels

Step 2: Make them a TV series

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit

RinoTheBouncer
10-12-2014, 10:31 PM
Yeah that would be amazing like Embers. But unfortunately it wouldn't appeal to a worldwide audience it would appeal to AC fans only i think.

However a live series would attract the whole world if it's done correctly.

I could just imagine an Assassin walking to a first civ place finds a piece of eden...episode ends or something like that lol. Damn it would be amazing.

It would definitely be amazing to see such series, something like Fringe where the episodes seem a bit standalone, but they’re all connected, and in latter parts of the season, you see how all the episodes help progressing and understanding a major, over-arching story. Like it could start as seemingly independent episodes but they start to get more interconnected.

Regarding CGI films, I believe even if they make a live-action movie, it will still only attract AC fans. I mean I doubt someone who doesn’t care about the games will start caring by watching a movie, especially if the games have been promoted so much that every conscious being have known about it, so if someone did not play any AC game until now, I doubt they’ll be that interested in the film. I could be wrong, some people might do, but I just love CGI films. I know that video-game based films always end up being a love-it-or-hate-it case, no in-between, yet I hope they’ll gross enough money like Resident Evil movies that they actually keep making more.

Me and my dad always thought the CGI trailers would be better for movies cause of real voices etc. Not to mention each CG trailer looks more realistic than the last.

Same here! Imagine a 2 hours long movie in the quality of AC:R CGI trailer. Man, I’d donate a heart for such a project, LOL.

True. I'd prefer a CGI shows over live-action ones.

Yeah. I mean who would portray Ezio better than Ezio himself?

SHADOWGARVIN
10-12-2014, 10:38 PM

That would be amazing!

RinoTheBouncer
10-12-2014, 10:41 PM
That would be amazing!

It’s really sad that Embers was obviously made with a small budget. It was epic, yes. But I wish it was on the same quality of AC:R’s CGI trailer. I honestly believe no other AC-related video will ever top that epic trailer. I just hope that sooner or later, they’ll create a short film, full length film or series on that level of perfection and detail.

GoldenBoy9999
10-12-2014, 11:06 PM
I'd prefer a CGI show over a live-action one. It'd be great to have an ongoing series but I'd have to watch them online because I'd doubt they'd come on the main channels.

Megas_Doux
10-12-2014, 11:19 PM
I rather say no!

Ubi is already "guilty" of spreading the lore in a lot of media in order to get the most profit possible, thus losing the grip on what should be THE main focus, its games.

Namikaze_17
10-13-2014, 12:05 AM
I'd be game...

A series would leave time for more arcs, character development, Pacing, and explaining the overall mythology of the Asssassin's Creed.

A movie on the other hand, would feel rushed and just have explosions everywhere to get the non-AC fans interested.

And I agree about the CGI Trailer adoption into a full film. I would love that. Or maybe something like Embers but much longer. :)

A full film like this would be awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVUMPrv8oRw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

naumaan
10-13-2014, 05:37 AM
it can be ... no doubt .. but do ubisoft .. a game developing company .. have such a time to work on the game, ... i dont think so, well I am not against the series but i fear if they do that, their games lose their charm ... i dont know ...it needs a lot of time i suppose ..

they tried to do it for ac2 ... but it wasnt a fun watch for those who havent seen ac in play .. it was kind of boring for them ..

harsab
10-13-2014, 10:51 AM
I rather say no!

Ubi is already "guilty" of spreading the lore in a lot of media in order to get the most profit possible, thus losing the grip on what should be THE main focus, its games.

Yeah but what I'm saying is after they're done with the games they should go in to a tv series.

They can't make AC games forever it will stop sometime.

To continue the AC story ARC no better way to implement that in to a tv series.

It would definitely be amazing to see such series, something like Fringe where the episodes seem a bit standalone, but they’re all connected, and in latter parts of the season, you see how all the episodes help progressing and understanding a major, over-arching story. Like it could start as seemingly independent episodes but they start to get more interconnected.

Regarding CGI films, I believe even if they make a live-action movie, it will still only attract AC fans. I mean I doubt someone who doesn’t care about the games will start caring by watching a movie, especially if the games have been promoted so much that every conscious being have known about it, so if someone did not play any AC game until now, I doubt they’ll be that interested in the film. I could be wrong, some people might do, but I just love CGI films. I know that video-game based films always end up being a love-it-or-hate-it case, no in-between, yet I hope they’ll gross enough money like Resident Evil movies that they actually keep making more.

What you said in the first paragraph EXACTLY like that! each episode starting seamlessly like Lost, Walking Dead, Game of thrones etc.

We could follow the path of 2-3 assassins in different time periods and each episode shows how they are all interconnected like you mentioned.

Or we could follow a journey of a different Assassin each different season.

Regarding the CGI idea. Yeah i think it would be amazing but i honestly think AC should scrap the real life movie, and like i mentioned just go straight to a series and start planning that.

A movie will not do AC Justice imo.

king-hailz
10-13-2014, 02:37 PM
I have thought of this many times but I think we should wait and see how the movie is and how they convey the tone of the games into a live action movie and see if the series should be live action or not...

Hans684
10-13-2014, 03:46 PM
I have thought of this many times but I think we should wait and see how the movie is and how they convey the tone of the games into a live action movie and see if the series should be live action or not...

Or they can make an original novel saga and turn it into a TV series, like GOT.

cawatrooper9
10-14-2014, 02:57 AM
I honestly think after they finish making video games and have covered all the locations the fans have been requesting and sort of made things clear for the current ac story arc...

Well, that's probably not going to happen for a very, very long time. Even at two games a year.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-14-2014, 10:44 AM
game of thrones was a novel, if they started a tv show .. All the elements of game will be stopped ... Either the games or tv show

.............walking dead?

naumaan
10-14-2014, 12:31 PM
.............walking dead?

walking dead is a tv series .. which was later initiated into a game..

i heard there is another game shown in the E3 sony conference this year .. which will be released as a tv show ..

but ubisoft cant do that, last i heard their movie project was heard of 3 years earlier, and there ws no good progress in it ... finally they are making it but next year ...

well if we are going to expect something big like a tv series ... we have to wait for about 3 or 4 years .. and that is a very long time ..