PDA

View Full Version : Need an AC3 Multiplayer (AA) Hint

Lignjoslav
10-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Hi guys. :)
I still like to play a few rounds of AC3 multiplayer from time to time and there is one thing I still haven't figured out and with the game being as old as it is (and me playing it since day one), I think it's about time someone taught me. :D

Say I am defending in AA and I am standing inside the circle with the artifact and I see an enemy jumping across the roofs and preparing to jump into the circle to steal it. Usually, I can estimate fairly correctly where he is going to land, so I'm waiting for him to just come to me so I can kill him as soon as he hits the ground, but instead he smokes and stuns me, pretty much every time. Fair enough.

The problem is, when I try the same, I usually (90% of the time) end up dead. So what's going on, is there a trick to it, is my lag to big, or is it something else? :confused:

YazX_
10-13-2014, 10:04 PM
yah lag, this game is using P2P connections and no dedicated servers support, so lag is huge issue with this type of protocol, however, if you are defending, use shield ability, in this case if he smokes when landing you wont get affected and kill him instead, but also you have to worry about rebounds, its a tactic that the first guy jumps to steal and everyone (defenders) goes to hunt him while there is another player (rebound) waiting and walking in shadows to steal after the the defense was broken.

so best abilities to use are Shield, Teleport (so you can teleport and trap a player who stole and got away before scoring) and knives

Anykeyer
10-14-2014, 06:21 AM
Thats reverse drop stun, its not very reliable in AA but still works. Never let your targets land on your head.

Lignjoslav
10-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Thanks, guys! :) I'll think of the counter that works best for me now that I know what should and shouldn't work.

It's a drag that my connection seems to have worsened, my NAT indicator used to be green all the time, but now it's almost always amber. :(