PDA

View Full Version : Who will the next "face" for sitting in the Animus?

F3nix013
10-11-2014, 12:57 AM
When I ask this I mean in terms of who is sitting in the Animus. First it was Desmond, then it was to a faceless FP character we controlled who was playing with Desmods DNA in the Animus courtesy of Abstergo. So who is this new character going to be?

It cannot be Desmond's DNA because these are 2 separate bloodlines. I would direct your attention to the time periods that coexist between Connor and Arno. Arno was 8 years old at the time Connor was fighting the Templars in the colonies. Since Connor was Desmonds ancestor, who is the descendant of Arno? That would be interesting to know. And how it would fit into the whole story.

Keep in mind that it IS possible because they said in the game that Desmond possessed a 1 in a million DNA that allowed him to do what he did. So with there being 7 billion people on the planet, there MUST be someone else who possesses this kind of similar DNA (just like subject 16). OR could we possibly be seeing the Animus sitting character as going through Subject 16's DNA memory?

But I would love to know who the new "face" would be and how they and Arno relate to the story thus far.

GoldenBoy9999
10-11-2014, 01:01 AM
It's supposed to be "you". Not "you" like in AC4 but "you" like in actually you. People like Mayrice( a temporarily departed forumer) think it will be all cyberspace with no real Modern day. With the new animus I think you can relive anyone's memories but I'm not 100% sure.

F3nix013
10-11-2014, 01:05 AM
It's supposed to be "you". Not "you" like in AC4 but "you" like in actually you. People like Mayrice( a temporarily departed forumer) think it will be all cyberspace with no real Modern day. With the new animus I think you can relive anyone's memories but I'm not 100% sure.

Well that would be a definite buzzkill. From what I have seen in AC4 is that it was all about Desmond's bloodline. But it would be impossible for that to be with this game since it coexists with the Colonial Revolution.

I hope its not all cyberspace. I have a theory of what ACU will be but I have to play to be sure.

GoldenBoy9999
10-11-2014, 01:10 AM
Arno definitely isn't an ancestor of Desmond. I really hope MD turns itself back around. I don't like how it's looking and it doesn't help a lot of people want it gone forever.

F3nix013
10-11-2014, 01:19 AM
I dont know why people want it gone forever. This is a great series. Though I cant really say that about BF because I despise naval battles and that was the thing that made me not want to finish it.

I think they need to continue off after what happens to Desmond in regards to Juno. After 3 all we saw was Juno transferring her consciousness to the satellites to prevent the solar flair from destroying the Earth despite Minerva's warning of Juno's REAL intentions. And they never elaborated on Juno's intentions in depth and at the end she stopped the flare and Desmond is dead. Next thing you know we are a "faceless" wonder playing with Desmond's DNA memory and playing the part of a pirate called Edward, the father of Haytham from AC3, and he didnt turn Assassin until the end. And all that did was explain a little bit before the AC3 story. Meanwhile, im still sitting here wondering what the hell happened with Juno.

I really hope they touch on that with this game. Its part of my theory lol.

GoldenBoy9999
10-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Now that they're done with Desmond's story they have this new Juno one. If they put minor plot advancements in each one they can contribute less time to it. This is killing the MD though and making people hate it. If they would put in exciting moments and have good plot advancement people would be compelled to find out what happens next.

F3nix013
10-11-2014, 01:41 AM
Now that they're done with Desmond's story they have this new Juno one. If they put minor plot advancements in each one they can contribute less time to it. This is killing the MD though and making people hate it. If they would put in exciting moments and have good plot advancement people would be compelled to find out what happens next.

Well this is MY theory and I dont know if I am the only one who thought about this. Every game from AC1 to AC3 was about finding the Pieces of Eden to not only keep it out of the Templars hands but also use it to prevent a world wide cataclysm from the impending solar flare. Once that happened, Juno was released despite Minvera's warning, and she stopped it by transferring her consciousness to the satellites.

What if, the new bloodline of Arno is the bloodline that looks for the way to stop Juno from doing whatever she planned on doing? If I remember correctly, Juno was stopped before when she wanted to do something. So maybe there may be an artifact that would stop her and put that story to rest and Arno's bloodline is the key to finding that artifact? Because there are 7 Pieces of Eden and in AC1-3 we only found 3, the ring, apple and staff. We still have 4 pieces to look for. And what would happen when bringing all 7 pieces together? I doubt it would be like the Dragonballs and you get a wish from Shenron lol, but there must be something incredible when all 7 pieces are together.

MnemonicSyntax
10-11-2014, 04:01 AM
I dont know why people want it gone forever. This is a great series. Though I cant really say that about BF because I despise naval battles and that was the thing that made me not want to finish it.

I think they need to continue off after what happens to Desmond in regards to Juno. After 3 all we saw was Juno transferring her consciousness to the satellites to prevent the solar flair from destroying the Earth despite Minerva's warning of Juno's REAL intentions. And they never elaborated on Juno's intentions in depth and at the end she stopped the flare and Desmond is dead. Next thing you know we are a "faceless" wonder playing with Desmond's DNA memory and playing the part of a pirate called Edward, the father of Haytham from AC3, and he didnt turn Assassin until the end. And all that did was explain a little bit before the AC3 story. Meanwhile, im still sitting here wondering what the hell happened with Juno.

I really hope they touch on that with this game. Its part of my theory lol.

Spoiler

You see her in the modern day part in Black Flag if you make it that far. It's kinda creepy actually. And she's looking for a host to hold her conscious but during Black Flag, she's not strong enough.

Namikaze_17
10-11-2014, 04:40 AM
Look to your left...

That's the new face for the MD.

F3nix013
10-11-2014, 04:57 AM
Spoiler

You see her in the modern day part in Black Flag if you make it that far. It's kinda creepy actually. And she's looking for a host to hold her conscious but during Black Flag, she's not strong enough.

I welcome the spoiler. I dont think I had any intention of finishing the game because I just dont like the naval battles.

But that just raises more questions then. What kind of host is she looking for and afterwards, what is her plan once regaining physical form?

This is why I want that story to come to a close. She wanted to do something but we have no idea if she could do it after finding a decent host.

roostersrule2
10-11-2014, 05:31 AM
Assassin_M

cawatrooper9
10-11-2014, 02:30 PM
I just really hope the MD section is more substantial than just being "you" in cyberpace. Even the ACBF MD story was almost too meta for me to care... almost- the inclusion of Sean and Rebecca, as well as, well, John from IT, kept me interested.

Hans684
10-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Bendable IPhone 6.

RinoTheBouncer
10-11-2014, 10:38 PM
To be perfectly honest, I’ll only believe that I am in the game when they take me to their studios and render me in 3D and put me in the game. Otherwise, all these FPS stunts are just signs of rushing/laziness in development or lack of resources and efficient story-telling and character development.

F3nix013
10-12-2014, 04:16 AM
To be perfectly honest, I’ll only believe that I am in the game when they take me to their studios and render me in 3D and put me in the game. Otherwise, all these FPS stunts are just signs of rushing/laziness in development or lack of resources and efficient story-telling and character development.

My brother thinks, and I agree with him, that BF was just a filler to keep people busy until they released an AC that was more about the story. Kind of like how Liberation was for the handheld, BF is that equivalent on the console. Because if you look at it, all BF does is veer off course (no pun intended) of the original story that we had from AC1-3 by explaining more about who Kenway is and how he got involved but just as a back story to AC3.

So far nothing has been said yet about anything outside the Animus. Its only been trailers of the story and interviews/Q&A about what we can expect in the game as it pertains to Arno and the French Revolution setting. We also havent seen any info about the MP, but I am not really concerned with that because when it comes to this series, the story is my MAIN focus when playing this game.

RinoTheBouncer
10-12-2014, 03:40 PM
My brother thinks, and I agree with him, that BF was just a filler to keep people busy until they released an AC that was more about the story. Kind of like how Liberation was for the handheld, BF is that equivalent on the console. Because if you look at it, all BF does is veer off course (no pun intended) of the original story that we had from AC1-3 by explaining more about who Kenway is and how he got involved but just as a back story to AC3.

So far nothing has been said yet about anything outside the Animus. Its only been trailers of the story and interviews/Q&A about what we can expect in the game as it pertains to Arno and the French Revolution setting. We also havent seen any info about the MP, but I am not really concerned with that because when it comes to this series, the story is my MAIN focus when playing this game.

Well I like to believe that ACIV was just a filler and that the one after it will take the story forward, and hopefully soon, we get to have a 3rd person modern day protagonist. However, it seems to me that they’re trying to make the stories much more self-contained than they used to be, which sucks so bad, because I used to love the whole annual releases idea cause the games were episodic in nature and very connected to one another. The idea of making self-contained stories with very minimal modern day that lacks proper gameplay and identity scares me, greatly.

RzaRecta357
10-12-2014, 03:45 PM
This is still being discussed here? I thought it was general knowledge that we're ditching the animus and using Helix like the comic now. Thus we're playing ourselves in an Oculus Rift basically. Sheesh, I need to come around more like AC2-3 days apparently :P

F3nix013
10-12-2014, 04:10 PM
This is still being discussed here? I thought it was general knowledge that we're ditching the animus and using Helix like the comic now. Thus we're playing ourselves in an Oculus Rift basically. Sheesh, I need to come around more like AC2-3 days apparently :P

I would love to have known about this. Do you know where I could find the info on the Helix? Until you said something about it, I had no idea this was even being talked about.

ERICATHERINE
10-14-2014, 01:00 AM
Well, actually, Arno really can be one of Desmonds ancestors.
Proof #1 In acivbf, in a file we hacked, we can read that Desmond have Kenway ancestor from his father side AND an ancestor from France from the french revolution from his mother side (and maybe it really is Arno).
Proof #2 Desmond is alone, then he got 2 parents, his two parents got two parents each and they all have two parents each. So it's x2 everytime. So in 2 centuries, if every 20 years theres a new generation, then the last generation will have 1024 ancestors while for the same generationn but for 1 centurie before (instead of 2) there was only 32 ancestor and for 3 centuries (around the centurie of Arno if memorie serves) there is an amazing 32798 ancestors. So there is plainty of chance for Arno to be the ancestor of Desmond.

hood3dassassin5
10-14-2014, 01:26 AM
The protagonist of Half-Life 3

Hans684
10-14-2014, 03:53 PM
The protagonist of Half-Life 3

He has a name and render unlike "me" in Black Flag. Say my name.

hood3dassassin5
10-14-2014, 11:25 PM
He has a name and render unlike "me" in Black Flag. Say my name.

Ok, "Hans684" ;)

Hans684
10-15-2014, 05:04 AM
Ok, "Hans684" ;)

You're god damn wrong, I didn't mean me. I meant "me" from Black Flag.