PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Uplay/Steam

gamerexq
10-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Hello. I got Assassin's Creed game hard copy a while ago on uplay, and recently I picked up steam copy.

Since there's a code you have to enter when you instal it on steam and when it launches on uplay, my question is, can I giveaway the extra key ( since I already have the game in uplay account ) or it goes to waste? Thanks

YazX_
10-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Hello, since you bought it from steam, the game is tied up to your steam account, so giving game code alone will not work without your steam account. if you didnt use steam code, you could try and contact steam asking for a refund.

gamerexq
10-10-2014, 10:23 PM
The thing is, I already had game on UPLAY before buying it on steam. Will it sync when I start up the game without providing code for uplay ( since I already had game on uplay previously as mentioned few times :p ) or will I have to copy the newest key to uplay?

Alphacos007
10-10-2014, 10:31 PM
The Uplay and the Steam versions are different, so you will have to redeem your key on Uplay, and you'll have 2 of the same game on your Uplay library, beeing one your phisical copy, and the other the Steam one. I never tested this to tell you with 100% sure, but I believe that saves from one won't work straight into the other.

YazX_
10-10-2014, 11:17 PM
The thing is, I already had game on UPLAY before buying it on steam. Will it sync when I start up the game without providing code for uplay ( since I already had game on uplay previously as mentioned few times :p ) or will I have to copy the newest key to uplay?

Yes, what Alphacos said is correct about Ubisoft games, and i got your question in your first post thats why i suggested to contact steam and ask for refund as it appears you didnt use the key yet. However, regarding saves, both versions will store saves in the same location since UPlay is the platform responsible for all Ubisoft services not steam.

EverAmbiguous
10-11-2014, 04:04 AM
If you have NOT used the key yet (as in, you haven't activated the game yet on Steam), then you CAN indeed give it to someone as a gift.

If you have, I don't think so.

Alphacos007
10-11-2014, 02:28 PM
If you have NOT used the key yet (as in, you haven't activated the game yet on Steam), then you CAN indeed give it to someone as a gift.

If you have, I don't think so.

No, you cannot. The Steam version of the game is locked both for the Steam account AND the Uplay one, so if someone else activates your Uplay key, you'll make the game unplayable, as one person will have the Steam account, and other the Uplay one, so none of them will have both, which is required to launch the game.

YazX_
10-13-2014, 10:18 PM
No, you cannot. The Steam version of the game is locked both for the Steam account AND the Uplay one, so if someone else activates your Uplay key, you'll make the game unplayable, as one person will have the Steam account, and other the Uplay one, so none of them will have both, which is required to launch the game.

indeed.