PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft make a "clean" version of the E3 trailer...why?

pacmanate
10-10-2014, 10:44 AM
So I was wondering, what is even the point? The game is marketed for 18 year olds +. But then it hit me, they want to reach people YOUNGER than that. What happens when your movie is rated 18 instead of 15? It means that less people will see your movie as they don't hit the age limit.

So Ubisoft here is trying to reach to a younger audience than 18, (most likely 15 like all past games) to get more sales. They will show their parents, the parent's will be like "Oh okay, you have all the others, this looks okay", they will order it from the internet.

Discuss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwxw9ZVUwzY&list=UUWIstp5bH4vsGQmz4mRzcZg

HiddenKiller612
10-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Parents already do that. Also, I distinctly remember little kids being in just about every mp match I've ever played in AC. Kids have been getting mature games for quite some time. Just imagine what the series would be like it they developed it straight up as a mature mature game... I mean, blood, decapitations.... make the fancy moves, you know.... actually look like they're doing damage beyond the little splash of blood... but this will never be the case. I think it's kind of hilarious they make a "clean" trailer for a game titled Assassin's Creed... and even funnier how parents get duped into buying the game for their 5-15 year old kids... Who in their right mind would purchase a game titled Assassin's Creed for their kid, and not understand the kind of content that is in it.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Parents already do that. Also, I distinctly remember little kids being in just about every mp match I've ever played in AC. Kids have been getting mature games for quite some time. Just imagine what the series would be like it they developed it straight up as a mature mature game... I mean, blood, decapitations.... make the fancy moves, you know.... actually look like they're doing damage beyond the little splash of blood... but this will never be the case. I think it's kind of hilarious they make a "clean" trailer for a game titled Assassin's Creed... and even funnier how parents get duped into buying the game for their 5-15 year old kids... Who in their right mind would purchase a game titled Assassin's Creed for their kid, and not understand the kind of content that is in it.
idk. I consider myself a gamer and I am fourteen. I try to stay away from the stereotypical 12 year old screaming attitude ( because there are kids that do that). in my opinion I have seen worse violence in some pg- 13 movies and in class at school. #my teacher is awesome (:. also my parents understand what they are buying me. and before I purchase a game I always read a parent review first. also I am not allowed to buy games with sexual content beyond sexual themes. I know someone is going to say how stupid it is that violence is more acceptable that sexual content but it is......... plain and simple. you start watching violent superhero movies when you are little. even the average cartoon displayed some violence. sex is far more disturbing to a small child then it is to violence. I do not like parents who buy games like GTA for there 6 year olds though. also not to be rude but I hate the kids who play games at my school...... cant have any discussions with em about games I am excited for. for instance I mention shadow of mordor and how it uses the new and unique nemesis system. then they cut me off and talk about how the next COD takes place in the FUTURE!!!!!

I think this trailer may just be use for more public websites. and maybe a shortened version will appear on TV? I don't think ubi is trying to get kids interested. IMO if that was there goal it wouldn't affect anything very much.

Xangr8
10-10-2014, 12:21 PM
But I guess the reason why they made this "clean" trailer is most probably because ACUnity is considered the most bloody Assassin's Creed yet (Head chops, heads on pikes, guillotines etc.) so that those 15 y/o's who have the previous game in the series could get this game. Well, that's my point of view.

Namikaze_17
10-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Well as someone that has a younger sibling that plays AC, i guess it's all just a maturity level.

He ( My Brother) knows what is and what isn't in the game, hence why my parents allow him to play.

So if they were to make one that's "Clean", it would have to be for people not old or mature enough to handle it.

LoyalACFan
10-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Because it's censorship, which has never and will never make sense

SixKeys
10-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Ubi have a certain target audience in mind and they want to make sure the parents of that target audience will buy the game for their kids. It's hypocritical and ridiculous but there you go.

Mr_Shade
10-10-2014, 02:58 PM
But I guess the reason why they made this "clean" trailer is most probably because ACUnity is considered the most bloody Assassin's Creed yet (Head chops, heads on pikes, guillotines etc.) so that those 15 y/o's who have the previous game in the series could get this game. Well, that's my point of view.

Or.. maybe.. for sites without an age gate.. since things like this do happen - and others are edited for TV?

Since before 9pm things have to be edited ;)

The games rating - is governed by law in many countries - so advertising wouldn't purposely target people under that age ;)

Farlander1991
10-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Do they show full trailers on TV? 3 minutes seems a bit much. The longest TV spot runtime I know is one min, like the coming home AC3 tv spot, or CGI 'give us liberty' for AC3 or the tatoo one for AC4, they're all a minute long.

Mr_Shade
10-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Do they show full trailers on TV? 3 minutes seems a bit much. The longest TV spot runtime I know is one min, like the coming home AC3 tv spot, or CGI 'give us liberty' for AC3 or the tatoo one for AC4, they're all a minute long.

Cinema trailers can be 3 minutes too ;)

most likely due to some sites not having age gates - so they tailor the content etc from time to time..

YazX_
10-10-2014, 04:35 PM
off-topic but i couldnt help to comment that those AC Trailers are the best i've ever seen, people behind them are very talented, they always do a great job.

LieutenantRex
10-10-2014, 04:41 PM
sex is far more disturbing to a small child then it is to violence..

I have to disagree with this. Sex is far more disturbing and traumatizing to a child if it's happened to them (sexual assault). I believe that violence really can affect a child. Abuse can turn a child into a sociopath.

Xangr8
10-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Or.. maybe.. for sites without an age gate.. since things like this do happen - and others are edited for TV?

Since before 9pm things have to be edited ;)

The games rating - is governed by law in many countries - so advertising wouldn't purposely target people under that age ;)

Oh I see. Thanks for making it clear ^.^

EmbodyingSeven5
10-10-2014, 08:28 PM
I have to disagree with this. Sex is far more disturbing and traumatizing to a child if it's happened to them (sexual assault). I believe that violence really can affect a child. Abuse can turn a child into a sociopath.

I meant viewing it on screen......... dirty mind
and whenever someone says the word sociopath I think of Gary from Bully

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=Ck70hsfezIP0lM&tbnid=jqmfPrmr-C9REM&ved=0CAUQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FkJXi5w baRrPOw%2F200_s.gif&ei=YjQ4VNf4Ks-1sQT15YK4Bw&psig=AFQjCNGr_UCYAQdsi6s2cveIBL518ja2XQ&ust=1413055970796015

lothario-da-be
10-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Censorship is stupid. I have been playing 18+ rated games since i was 10. And saw my fair share of nudity before I was 15. And Guess what I turned out normal.
And kids will get 18+ rated games anyway, why bother making this, 12 year olds don't get "shocked" as fast as people might think.

Namikaze_17
10-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Censorship is stupid. I have been playing 18+ rated games since i was 10. And saw my fair share of nudity before I was 15. And Guess what I turned out normal.
And kids will get 18+ rated games anyway, why bother making this, 12 year olds don't get "shocked" as fast as people might think.

This.

SixKeys
10-10-2014, 08:57 PM

Any time anyone says "I turned out normal", I question how 'normal' they really are. If you were crazy, would you know you were crazy?

lothario-da-be
10-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Any time anyone says "I turned out normal", I question how 'normal' they really are. If you were crazy, would you know you were crazy?
lol
Well, most people don't tell me I am not normal :p

Namikaze_17
10-10-2014, 09:07 PM

Well I'm Normal...:D

Though I sealed a demon fox inside my son. :rolleyes:

Hans684
10-10-2014, 09:52 PM
The "clean" version isn't "clean" since it show killing, a pointless censorship. How are editing away the kill of the last two guards make it more "family friendly" when the entire video shows massacres, riots and chaos? The "clean" version is a joke, it shouldn't have any kind of violence to be clean.

Ureh
10-10-2014, 11:07 PM
Stuffs that were cut out:
1. They cut out the part of the eagle flying over the street between the mob+soldiers and also part of the volley that was fired into the crowd. 1:08
2. The mob running over the corpses and charging at the soldiers. 1:35
3. The axe swing animation is sped up at 2:07
4. Arno slamming a soldier with their own musket is cut out 2:09
5. Brute assassin cleaving a soldier's abdomen is cut. 2:11
6. Brute assassin breaking soldier's arm. Arno stabbing soldier in gut. ~2:12
7. Axe into shoulder animation is sped up. ~2:12
8. Axe spike into skull's temporal is cut out. 2:15
9. Potential dismemberment of right leg cut out. 2:16
10. Arno stabbing soldier in neck cut out. 2:16
11. Soldier gets hit at the base of the neck by phantom blade. cut out at 2:23.
12. Slash to the throat cut out. 2:30
13. Blood and stabbing cut out during smoke screen scene. 2:35
14. soldiers shot by multi-barrel pistol cut out 2:45
15. soldier stabbed in chest. 2:48
16. Phantom assassin's footsteps are much louder 2:50
17. Air assassinations - sync kill. 3:00
18. From eagle's point of view, mob surrounding de Launay (probably got the name wrong). 3:13

Dead1y-Derri
10-10-2014, 11:38 PM
I don't mind young people playing video games as long as they act mature. I mean I was playing games like CoD from a young age but I was mature enough to understand exactly what was going on and I'm perfectly normal.

Its when they're immature about it that I kind of get annoyed. However its a piece of interactive entertainment, some will act childish while others will take it seriously.

GoldenBoy9999
10-11-2014, 12:14 AM
I wish kids would act more mature in games. I played a lot of AC4 mp today and there's always a ton of kids. Even the ones with 2 prestige are little 10 year olds yelling.

A lot of the time no one is talking to them and they're just yelling into their Kinect. They should learn to put it on head set only. :(

The_Kiwi_
10-11-2014, 12:17 AM
I don't like kids...
They have massive egos and always try to be "cool", idk it just annoys me

If I had a kid, I wouldn't let them play Assassin's Creed
It's not just the violence, it's the strong sexual references and prostitutes etc, as well as the language
"I have plenty of outlets!"
"I meant besides ******s"

Don't think that's appropriate even for 15 year olds.

But that's just me.

Also, I'd feel like they're only playing the game for the gameplay, and AC is one of those games that you really need to appreciate for it's good story, and that would just be lost on the kids and I'd find it a tremendous shame.

GoldenBoy9999
10-11-2014, 12:34 AM
^ Yes, that's one of the reasons why I don't plan on having kids.

I do feel like they just skip all cutscenes and get annoyed by them. I've experienced it in person and it's SO annoying. One of my little brother's friends came up one time(he's already crazy) and started trying to play Dark Souls like it was some kind of beat em' up game. He started complaining how it was "******ed" and "stupid". *facepalm*

I told him how so many people loved it and was rated very highly.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-11-2014, 01:07 AM

I do feel like they just skip all cutscenes and get annoyed by them. I've experienced it in person and it's SO annoying. One of my little brother's friends came up one time(he's already crazy) and started trying to play Dark Souls like it was some kind of beat em' up game. He started complaining how it was "******ed" and "stupid". *facepalm*

lol Im that one kid in my school who doesn't own every cod........ and actually thinks that they are a little dull or lazy. I remember talking about a stealth game to a kid at my school...... he then cut me off and said he didn't like that game because of the graphics.........

this is why I go on the fourm lol

I wish kids would act more mature in games. I played a lot of AC4 mp today and there's always a ton of kids. Even the ones with 2 prestige are little 10 year olds yelling.

A lot of the time no one is talking to them and they're just yelling into their Kinect. They should learn to put it on head set only. :(

Really. I rarely encounter anyone with mics or kinects on AC 4 MP

whenever someone comes over my house I force them to watch cut scenes.....lol

GoldenBoy9999
10-11-2014, 01:17 AM
lol Im that one kid in my school who doesn't own every cod........ and actually thinks that they are a little dull or lazy. I remember talking about a stealth game to a kid at my school...... he then cut me off and said he didn't like that game because of the graphics.........

this is why I go on the fourm lol

A good amount of my friends are like that. Two are huge PS4 fanboys and it really gets on my nerves. They talk to each other saying things like "hehe xbox sucks". I love both consoles equally and I always try to tell that to people. They're not too accepting of games they've never played as well. That's why I love these forums.

Really. I rarely encounter anyone with mics or kinects on AC 4 MP
I usually mute them as fast as I can.

whenever someone comes over my house I force them to watch cut scenes.....lol

Lol, I wish I was a little more intimidating to people.

Layytez
10-11-2014, 02:18 AM
Just because you are mature enough to look at blood and gore doesn't mean you enjoy looking at it. Some may be physically turned off by it. Maturity has nothing to do with it.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-11-2014, 06:03 AM
Reasoning is simple - It's marketing
You can't have people watching charlie brown and the pumpkin patch and cut to blood going all over the place hahahah

Dead1y-Derri
10-14-2014, 12:47 AM
I don't understand why most people think giving video games that are rated M or 18 to people who're in their teens. I wouldn't honestly say the AC series is that graphic or vulgar.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-14-2014, 01:43 AM
I don't understand why most people think giving video games that are rated M or 18 to people who're in their teens. I wouldn't honestly say the AC series is that graphic or vulgar.

I don't really find it that bad. violence in an R rated movie disturbs the crap out of me. I never flinch at AC......

A good amount of my friends are like that. Two are huge PS4 fanboys and it really gets on my nerves. They talk to each other saying things like "hehe xbox sucks". I love both consoles equally and I always try to tell that to people. They're not too accepting of games they've never played as well. That's why I love these forums..

lol there are two kids like that on my bus too!!!

HiddenKiller612
10-14-2014, 01:45 AM
I don't really find it that bad. violence in an R rated movie disturbs the crap out of me. I never flinch at AC......
lol really? You've been performing the same amount of violence in AC as in an R rated movie, the only difference... an R rated movie has more blood and gore, where as AC makes it cartoony.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-14-2014, 01:49 AM
lol really? You've been performing the same amount of violence in AC as in an R rated movie, the only difference... an R rated movie has more blood and gore, where as AC makes it cartoony.

yup..... I compare ac violence to an pg- 13 movie. they can make it pretty violent. in the end it just looks fake and cartoony...... lol

The_Kiwi_
10-14-2014, 02:14 AM
Strong sexual references
Adult themes
Strong violence

It's all in AC, I wouldn't give someone younger than 14 any AC game

Fatal-Feit
10-14-2014, 02:31 AM
I would.

Shahkulu101
10-14-2014, 05:32 AM
12 would be my threshold. As for 14 being one - I disagree strongly. Saying a 13 year old can't deal with violence, sexual themes and adult content without being adversely affected is a weird and arbitrary standard. Pretty much everyone by then would understand it perfectly well.

Age ratings in general are arbitrary. For one thing they don't stop kids getting their hands on the game anyway, and everybody develops at different stages. Even still, by the time you're 9 most can distinguish between reality and video games for heavens sake.

The_Kiwi_
10-14-2014, 05:56 AM
Saying 13 year olds should be able to understand all the sexual things that are happening within AC is not something I would agree with at all

There's a reason why the age of consent is roughly 16, because of want of understanding and a lack of knowledge in order to make an informed decision

I study this stuff at Uni, and trust me when I say that once you study it you understand it, because I too thought that age ratings were arbitrary, as was an age of consent

Shahkulu101
10-14-2014, 06:05 AM
Saying 13 year olds should be able to understand all the sexual things that are happening within AC is not something I would agree with at all

There's a reason why the age of consent is roughly 16, because of want of understanding and a lack of knowledge in order to make an informed decision

I study this stuff at Uni, and trust me when I say that once you study it you understand it, because I too thought that age ratings were arbitrary, as was an age of consent

But...I understood it at 13. Sex and all that, and realised it was just a video game and that the violence was totally fine. I'm not unique in that aspect, I'm the overwhelming majority.

When the Caterina sex scene happened as I was a 13 year old, I just laughed at it because my mum was in the room and looked rather disturbed.

The_Kiwi_
10-14-2014, 06:17 AM
But...I understood it at 13. Sex and all that, and realised it was just a video game and that the violence was totally fine. I'm not unique in that aspect, I'm the overwhelming majority.

When the Caterina sex scene happened as I was a 13 year old, I just laughed at it because my mum was in the room and looked rather disturbed.

As I said, study the topic with great depth as I did, and then you'll understand
The mind is a series of patterns, and they can be predicted

Shahkulu101
10-14-2014, 06:23 AM
So can you try and briefly explain what you mean? Was I actually adversely affected by that Ezio-Caterina sexy time but just didn't realise that? Or am I an exception?

The_Kiwi_
10-14-2014, 06:49 AM
So can you try and briefly explain what you mean? Was I actually adversely affected by that Ezio-Caterina sexy time but just didn't realise that? Or am I an exception?

Subconsciously, your brain is thinking that the behaviour is normal, it thinks this because at that age you shouldn't have experienced it yourself so your brain is completely oblivious to the way it works
Then, when it comes time to get involved in that behaviour when you're older, your brain is all confused
It puts unhealthy and false notions in your subconscious thoughts, and it desensitizes you to the behaviour and makes you think in ways that you shouldn't, all without you knowing

This is all based on Social Learning Theory and Social Labelling Theory/Symbolic-interactionism

EmbodyingSeven5
10-14-2014, 10:24 AM
As I said, study the topic with great depth as I did, and then you'll understand
The mind is a series of patterns, and they can be predicted

.................................................. ...............................................wow .................................................. ........just...................................wow

Mr_Shade
10-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Just a reminder - the age certification is governed by law in some countries - so I wouldn't suggest people post about breaking that law...

EmbodyingSeven5
10-14-2014, 10:29 AM
Subconsciously, your brain is thinking that the behaviour is normal, it thinks this because at that age you shouldn't have experienced it yourself so your brain is completely oblivious to the way it works
Then, when it comes time to get involved in that behaviour when you're older, your brain is all confused
It puts unhealthy and false notions in your subconscious thoughts, and it desensitizes you to the behaviour and makes you think in ways that you shouldn't, all without you knowing

This is all based on Social Learning Theory and Social Labelling Theory/Symbolic-interactionism

listen mahn........... if you go to school you will learn the specifics of sex in health and the rest....................... from TV and other kids at school. I don't think that scene will screw a twelve year old up................ just saying.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Just a reminder - the age certification is governed by law in some countries - so I wouldn't suggest people post about breaking that law...

.................................................. ....................EVERYONE SCATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ojw8QBFW1rn06ty.gif

The_Kiwi_
10-14-2014, 10:53 AM
listen mahn........... if you go to school you will learn the specifics of sex in health and the rest....................... from TV and other kids at school. I don't think that scene will screw a twelve year old up................ just saying.

Don't worry
You'll understand one day
Your subconscious is a powerful enigma
Things like that do affect you
I know what I'm talking about, so trust me
I don't want to call you wrong, but I will say you need to widen your understanding

@Mr_Shade
Is it not governed by law in all countries?

Mr_Shade
10-14-2014, 10:55 AM
@Mr_Shade
Speaking of all games - certain countries use a 'guidance rating' - like ESRB however in most - it's covered by law ;)

HiddenKiller612
10-14-2014, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with kids, who were mature enough, to get a game with a higher age rating... If most who do get the game, didn't have parent who just blindly bought whatever the kid wants. While those kids just dupe their parents by making the game out to be something it's not.

Tully__
10-14-2014, 10:59 AM
@Mr_Shade

Speaking of all games - certain countries use a 'guidance rating' - like ESRB however in most - it's covered by law ;)

Further, in some countries only some categories are legally enforced. If I understand correctly, in AU everything up to M is a guideline, MA15+ and R18+ are legally binding (plus additional categories that apply to films only, not games) - see http://www.classification.gov.au/Guidelines/Pages/Guidelines.aspx

The_Kiwi_
10-14-2014, 11:01 AM

So what you're saying is, in some countries, "they're more like guidelines than actual rules"?

Thanks to Barbossa for the words

The_Kiwi_
10-14-2014, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with kids, who were mature enough, to get a game with a higher age rating... If most who do get the game, didn't have parent who just blindly bought whatever the kid wants. While those kids just dupe their parents by making the game out to be something it's not.

By showing their parents heavily edited trailers that show no violence

Good job, Ubisoft.

HiddenKiller612
10-14-2014, 11:04 AM
So what you're saying is, in some countries, "they're more like guidelines than actual rules"?

Thanks to Barbossa for the words
In the U.S., a 10-15 year old kid can't buy a mature rated game by him/herself... but a parent can buy it for them. Hell, I'm 22 with a beard and I get carded just about every time I buy a mature rated game... still, it doesn't stop uninformed parents from going out and buying their kids these kinds of games.

Tully__
10-14-2014, 11:09 AM
In some countries, the classification is to give parents and consumers an idea of the level of objectionable material without have to pre-play or pre-watch before letting your kids at it. The AU system is like that for the lower levels. In other countries or at other levels, the classifications are legally binding. For example, in Australia, anyone allowing minors to watch or play R18+ material is subject to prosecution. I've never heard of parents being prosecuted (though I can't say it's never happened) but I have heard of retailers and cinemas being prosecuted.

The_Kiwi_
10-14-2014, 11:15 AM
In some countries, the classification is to give parents and consumers an idea of the level of objectionable material without have to pre-play or pre-watch before letting your kids at it. The AU system is like that for the lower levels. In other countries or at other levels, the classifications are legally binding. For example, in Australia, anyone allowing minors to watch or play R18+ material is subject to prosecution. I've never heard of parents being prosecuted (though I can't say it's never happened) but I have heard of retailers and cinemas being prosecuted.

It's like that in New Zealand, we have G PG M R13 R16 R18 and X, R13 and above is governed by law, and it's an actual restriction not "your parents can buy it for you"

I study law but only domestic law as that is what is relevant, all this is new to me

Mr_Shade
10-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Further, in some countries only some categories are legally enforced. If I understand correctly, in AU everything up to M is a guideline, MA15+ and R18+ are legally binding (plus additional categories that apply to films only, not games) - see http://www.classification.gov.au/Guidelines/Pages/Guidelines.aspx

Indeed :)

EmbodyingSeven5
10-14-2014, 11:28 AM
is it optional for stores in America whether or not that they grant M rated games to minors alone? because my friend said tht he purchased an M rated game from a pawn shop with no hassle. sounded strange to me. I thought game ratings were enforced as aggressively as movie ratings.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-14-2014, 11:29 AM
In the U.S., a 10-15 year old kid can't buy a mature rated game by him/herself... but a parent can buy it for them. Hell, I'm 22 with a beard and I get carded just about every time I buy a mature rated game... still, it doesn't stop uninformed parents from going out and buying their kids these kinds of games.

I always ensure that my parents know what they are buying me

HiddenKiller612
10-14-2014, 11:32 AM
I always ensure that my parents know what they are buying me
Did you always? When you were 10, did you tell them the games they bought you involved killing people?

EmbodyingSeven5
10-14-2014, 11:32 AM
It's like that in New Zealand, we have G PG M R13 R16 R18 and X, R13 and above is governed by law, and it's an actual restriction not "your parents can buy it for you"

I study law but only domestic law as that is what is relevant, all this is new to me

wow the system is much more complicated there than here.....

if you didn't know the U.S is E, E 10 and up, T for teen, M for mature, A for adult

EmbodyingSeven5
10-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Did you always? When you were 10, did you tell them the games they bought you involved killing people?

wasn't allowed to buy those games when I was ten....... started when I was 12 and yes I did. still today I look at parent reviews before I get a game and I inform my parents

HiddenKiller612
10-14-2014, 11:36 AM
wasn't allowed to buy those games when I was ten....... started when I was 12 and yes I did. still today I look at parent reviews before I get a game and I inform my parents
Then I say you're mature enough for the games....Parent's reviews? Is that like a rundown of what the game consists of, like violence wise?

The_Kiwi_
10-14-2014, 11:38 AM
wow the system is much more complicated there than here.....

if you didn't know the U.S is E, E 10 and up, T for teen, M for mature, A for adult

Not complicated, just larger
It covers more bases so it's easier to make informed decisions
The more different ratings you have, the better

RinoTheBouncer
10-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Iíve played Resident Evil, Parasite Eve, Silent Hill and Dino Crisis and many other mature rated games since I was 8, so Iím sure many younger people will wanna play AC and to be perfectly honest, I donít see why AC is rated 18. It has blood, so? and they have some Ďkissesí, but really, how many cartoons show people kissing a lot more passionately than in AC games? I really donít understand the rating system and how they work, but I know that theyíre pointless.

Various kinds of movies are shown on T.V. all day, not to mention songs and music videos where sexual terms and nudity are the norm. Tell me what kid hasnít see Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus or Lady Gagaís videos and, and, and... I doubt that video games will be what wrecks childrenís minds and manners.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Then I say you're mature enough for the games....Parent's reviews? Is that like a rundown of what the game consists of, like violence wise?

it goes over game and scales the amount of violent content, sexual content and language. different people do them. there are some websites for them and I think one or two YouTube channels that do them.

Not complicated, just larger
It covers more bases so it's easier to make informed decisions
The more different ratings you have, the better

television wise there are deeper ratings like that......

The_Kiwi_
10-14-2014, 10:51 PM
television wise there are deeper ratings like that......

That's good to hear

pirate1802
10-15-2014, 06:27 AM
Relevant:
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/page0435b.png

I-Like-Pie45
10-15-2014, 06:35 AM
That is very barkworthy

The_Kiwi_
10-15-2014, 06:46 AM
Kinky

pacmanate
10-15-2014, 01:58 PM
That is kinky, wowzah

SlyTrooper
10-15-2014, 05:58 PM
I've never needed to convince my mother to let me play games. I got AC1 when I was only 8 because she trusted me to understand what was happening. In many ways, I believe this helped me mature. I developed an interest in the story, which made it more than just a game about killing. Maybe these kind of trailers would have been useful if I was living with my dad, though. :)

EmbodyingSeven5
10-15-2014, 10:51 PM
........lol very educational thank you