PDA

View Full Version : Never again, Assasin's Creed

saqhmet
10-10-2014, 07:43 AM
Thank you for changing the game to worse since AC2. I have enjoyed progressively less and less with every game since 2 and Brotherhood. Especially the combat. There is no reason to play when a simple pirate can slash superman, hulk and million other pirates to pieces wearing a blindfold. Every game does not need to be dark souls but some challenge would be appreciated. Until then me and my friends are not buying AC games ever again.

AherasSTRG
10-10-2014, 10:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAkg4cwJp1Y

marvelfannumber
10-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Guys look out, we have a bad*** over here.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-10-2014, 11:29 AM
................ wait you made a fourm account for AC to say that you no play AC? LOGIC

Xangr8
10-10-2014, 12:27 PM
................ wait you made a fourm account for AC to say that you no play AC? LOGIC

The irony here is so strong XD

Namikaze_17
10-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Meanwhile at Ubisoft...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIVaSY7VlIQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hans684
10-10-2014, 04:01 PM
The challenge you speak of is coming in Unity.

TheArcaneEagle
10-10-2014, 04:01 PM
The irony here is so strong XD

How is that irony?

Kakuzu745
10-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Meh you got a point...I wish combat would stop being this moron-friendly. Some challenge would be appreciated...hopefully Unity will change this.

YazX_
10-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Assassin's Creed Unity has a revamped engine including the core pillars of AC (Stealth, Combat and Parkour), please watch this Gameplay demo for more info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Og9q-i98E4&list=PLp4lrezbJCqsWkBUXkPl4FudxFE1GWOl1

LieutenantRex
10-10-2014, 04:30 PM
I understand what you mean, OP, but you understand most of the people on these forums will ride Ubisoft to their graves, right?

marvelfannumber
10-10-2014, 04:37 PM
I understand what you mean, OP, but you understand most of the people on these forums will ride Ubisoft to their graves, right?

Really? I mostly hear complaining on the forums.

Interesting observation.

rrebe
10-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Really? I mostly hear complaining on the forums.

I'd guess that's just the vocal minority.

ze_topazio
10-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Say no to Assassin's Creed.

Xangr8
10-10-2014, 07:07 PM
How is that irony?

Y'know he created a forum account to post that he hated AC

Namikaze_17
10-10-2014, 08:56 PM

But yet you're in their Forums talking to all of us. :p :rolleyes:

Hans684
10-10-2014, 09:10 PM
There is one thing it don't get with people quitting something they like because of disappointment, do you expect perfection? Every game to reach the standard of your favorite? To hight expectations? It's nothing but a wish and it's natural, a favorite will remain a favorite unless your chain from the thing is broken in some years and you return to it(my music experience). I don't expect every to be another AC2(not my favorite but it's a fan favorite do it suits the best as example), I expect games I'm hyped about to be more or less average, a 5 out of 10, something in the middle. Because of that I'm not gonna get disappointed and loose my love for my favorite series piece by piece or be on a constant hypetrain that is going to hit a wall(AC3 for most people). Your idea of perfection is subjective, not fact. Your favorite will remain your favorite if you have to hight expectations.

Namikaze_17
10-10-2014, 09:17 PM
There is one thing it don't get with people quitting something they like because of disappointment, do you expect perfection? Every game to reach the standard of your favorite? To hight expectations? It's nothing but a wish and it's natural, a favorite will remain a favorite unless your chain from the thing is broken in some years and you return to it(my music experience). I don't expect every to be another AC2(not my favorite but it's a fan favorite do it suits the best as example), I expect games I'm hyped about to be more or less average, a 5 out of 10, something in the middle. Because of that I'm not gonna get disappointed and loose my love for my favorite series piece by piece or be on a constant hypetrain that is going to hit a wall(AC3 for most people). Your idea of perfection is subjective, not fact. Your favorite will remain your favorite if you have to hight expectations.

"But wat u talkin bout Han? if unitey or rogue aren't like AC2 imma quit thee series!" :rolleyes:

Hans684
10-10-2014, 09:22 PM
"But wat u talkin bout Han? if unitey or rogue aren't like AC2 imma quit thee series!" :rolleyes:

"I all done, nainder will reach my expect. I goat no time for this sh!t" :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
10-10-2014, 09:27 PM
"I all done, nainder will reach my expect. I goat no time for this sh!t" :rolleyes:

"No u a dummy cuz conner or edward wasn't true assassns." :rolleyes:

Hans684
10-10-2014, 09:31 PM
"No u a dummy cuz conner or edward wasn't true assassns." :rolleyes:

"No no, U not a h4rc0r3 fan, u not kno da tru meaning of Assassins" :rolleyes:

Mr_Shade
10-10-2014, 09:33 PM
And back on topic without the trolling guys..

cawatrooper9
10-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Wait... an AC2 fanboy is complaining about the direction the series is going, without really providing any substantial reasons to support their claims? How original.

pacmanate
10-10-2014, 10:01 PM
There is no reason to play when a simple pirate can slash superman, hulk and million other pirates to pieces wearing a blindfold.

Cause AC:B's killchains were harder, ha. AC:B has the easiest combat in the series, what are you smoking?

Namikaze_17
10-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Cause AC:B's killchains were harder, ha. AC:B has the easiest combat in the series, what are you smoking?

Ha, This.

GoldenBoy9999
10-10-2014, 10:34 PM
You complain about combat being too easy but I've never thought combat was really challenging. Including AC2.

The_Kiwi_
10-11-2014, 12:32 AM
I like AC

I think the series has gone up and down perfectly

AC1 up AC2 down ACB up ACR down AC3 up AC4 down ACU/ACRo up ACU/ACRo

I guess we'll see what game fits in where, but my choices are in bold

F3nix013
10-11-2014, 12:36 AM
@OP What I dont understand is, why say you like it less and less each year, yet you keep buying it every year? If you dont like something then why are you constantly contributing to their sales?

Fatal-Feit
10-11-2014, 05:27 AM
Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood has some of the easiest combat in the entire series. Even AC:IV's combat was harder than Brotherhood.

Namikaze_17
10-11-2014, 05:34 AM
^ You should see people ranting about how Combat has been "Easier" or "Dumbed Down" since AC2 on Youtube comment sections. :rolleyes:

Funny thing is that I've played both AC2 & AC3 to see the difference, and frankly, there isn't much in my opinion.

Hell, I classify Brotherhood/Revelations easier than both AC3/AC4...but that's not saying much either.

Now AC1 is a different beast.

Fatal-Feit
10-11-2014, 05:38 AM
They ARE easier. :nonchalance: But for some people

more controls = harder

which isn't true. :p

Some of the people I discuss the combat with don't even know half of the stuff I'm talking about, only attack and counter.

Namikaze_17
10-11-2014, 05:46 AM
They ARE easier. :nonchalance: But for some people

more controls = harder

which isn't true. :p

Some of the people I discuss the combat with don't even know half of the stuff I'm talking about, only attack and counter.

Like holding L1+R1 while waiting to press square is any different/ harder than pressing O than square. :rolleyes:

Same ****, Different game.

Same with Parkour.

Fatal-Feit
10-11-2014, 05:53 AM
Like holding L1+R1 while waiting to press square is any different/ harder than pressing O than square. :rolleyes:

Same ****, Different game.

Same with Parkour.

I wouldn't call them the same ****, but rather, I'd consider them improved ****. :p

Regarding the parkour, again, people who only hold the analog + R1 to parkour and complain about it don't know what they're talking about.

Namikaze_17
10-11-2014, 06:04 AM
I wouldn't call them the same ****, but rather, I'd consider them improved ****. :p

Regarding the parkour, again, people who only hold the analog + R1 to parkour and complain about it don't know what they're talking about.

Oh, I did'nt mean it in the sense that it's the same, just not that much different imo.

And I agree about the parkour.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-11-2014, 06:12 AM
Honestly I think no games should exist except AC3

Namikaze_17
10-11-2014, 06:20 AM
^ Are you high or intoxicated as you type? :rolleyes:

The_Kiwi_
10-11-2014, 06:24 AM
^ Are you high or intoxicated as you type? :rolleyes:

I would have to say both, without a doubt.
I want some of that, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Landruner
10-11-2014, 06:28 AM
Honestly after recently seeing the ACU combat system running (at 900/30fps) lol, I almost miss the AC3 system and really miss the old AC2/ACB/ACR. In short, they just removed the block auto kill system and the daisy chain kills.
Now you have to kill your foes using several blows on their faces and that is all about it. No tactic or any revamped combat system like advertized, but just spending more time slamming the guy until he/she falls and that are harder to kill.

Killing by snaking is more easier since the AI allows it , but guys!!!!!
some games like Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider 2013 or the recent Shadow of Mordor made it 100 ways better than ACU, and for the frontal combat, well it is not what I was thinking o....f and finally and sadly a game like Dragon Dogma makes it feel better.

In fact being French I will certainly enjoy ACU because of the historical setting and its city, but I m won't enjoy it for its combat system and mechanics..

Sorry UBI but not convinced by your new combat system, and Im was expecting more than just that.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Honestly after recently seeing the ACU combat system running (at 900/30fps) lol, I almost miss the AC3 system and really miss the old AC2/ACB/ACR. In short, they just removed the block auto kill system and the daisy chain kills.
Now you have to kill your foes using several blows on their faces and that is all about it. No tactic or any revamped combat system like advertized, but just spending more time slamming the guy until he/she falls and that are harder to kill.

Killing by snaking is more easier since the AI allows it , but guys!!!!!
some games like Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider 2013 or the recent Shadow of Mordor made it 100 ways better than ACU, and for the frontal combat, well it is not what I was thinking o....f and finally and sadly a game like Dragon Dogma makes it feel better.

In fact being French I will certainly enjoy ACU because of the historical setting and its city, but I m won't enjoy it for its combat system and mechanics..

Sorry UBI but not convinced by your new combat system, and Im was expecting more than just that.

I dont like hitman and I dont like how AC4s main story campaign felt like a hitman game

pirate1802
10-11-2014, 08:52 AM
I dont like hitman and I dont like how AC4s main story campaign felt like a hitman game

I know right? How dare a stealth game actually feel like a stealth game? Blasphemy!!!

EmbodyingSeven5
10-11-2014, 01:58 PM

How? Like i see the two as totally different games

cawatrooper9
10-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Everybody complaining about the new combat system before actually playing it...

Anyway, how is AC4 like Hitman? If anything, from what I've seen of ACU, the new game looks much more like the Hitman series- which is not necessarily a bad thing.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-11-2014, 08:11 PM
I know right? How dare a stealth game actually feel like a stealth game? Blasphemy!!!

Last time I checked assassins creed was an open world action adventure game..
When was assassins creed a stealth game?
Oh yeah NEVER.. AC4 was the first stealth AC and the first time i hated playing through an AC story

Edit: I played Hitman Absolution literally one week before I played AC4.. They were like playing the same game..
Except hitman actually had social stealth :nonchalance:

AC4s entire story was 'hop from this bush to this bush and take people out along the way' - Wahlah - Hitman Absolution

First 30 Sec of this vid makes my case for me
/endargument

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrE36PeQgKE