PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Unity PC 60 FPS / 1080p?

Anarchy_Blues
10-07-2014, 08:21 PM
So I've recently heard that the PS4 and Xbox One versions of AC:U will run at 30 FPS and 900p and that got me curious, will Ubisoft nerf the PC version at 30 FPS / 900p like they're doing with The Crew?

playlisting
10-07-2014, 08:34 PM
I haven't been following The Crew - but it sure as hell won't be limited to 900p on PC. A 30 FPS limit yes, but a resolution limit no. AC:U won't cap the FPS to 30 and it won't limit your res either. The FPS will probably max at 62-63 like AC4.

Anarchy_Blues
10-07-2014, 08:58 PM
I haven't been following The Crew - but it sure as hell won't be limited to 900p on PC. A 30 FPS limit yes, but a resolution limit no. AC:U won't cap the FPS to 30 and it won't limit your res either. The FPS will probably max at 62-63 like AC4.

AC4 wasn't capped at 30 FPS on the consoles either if I'm not mistaking. They didn't need to cap it on PC to keep console sales going.

Alphacos007
10-07-2014, 09:11 PM
It will support resolutions up to 4k, as stated in the nVidia Ubisoft inteview.
About the FPS, nothing has been mentioned, but I'm sure they'll leave it unlocked live previous games.

Anarchy_Blues
10-07-2014, 09:26 PM
It will support resolutions up to 4k, as stated in the nVidia Ubisoft inteview.
About the FPS, nothing has been mentioned, but I'm sure they'll leave it unlocked live previous games.

Well they better mention it soon, cause a 30 FPS cap in 2014 is unacceptable, on PC anyway. Consoles have always had low standards.

Anykeyer
10-08-2014, 07:21 AM
The Crew uses different engine and may have its own internal limits. Ofc 30fps in a racing game is simply unacceptable.
Nvidia wont allow high end GPU seller like ACU to have a low fps limit.

YazX_
10-08-2014, 10:22 AM
The Crew was not capped to 30 FPS, its a beta build and defaulted to 30 FPS, you can unlock 60 FPS by changing a simple value in the config file. however, non of AC games were capped to 30 on PC unless if you enable V-Sync for AC4 which got solved in later patches, so i believe and sure that the game will not have such cap..

fashric
10-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Best way to look at it is to just assume it will be locked to 30fps on PC until they officially confirm otherwise.

CQMET_PenperOni
10-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Max Res will be 4k :D

Anykeyer
10-09-2014, 05:58 AM
Why assume something they never did before with AC and its current engine? Locking fps on consoles is a common thing. Constant 30 is better than average 35 frequiently spiking to 40-50. But on PC its nvidia TWIMTBP title, one of the main high end GPU sellers this holiday. Locking it to 30 on PC is a suicide and would also break 3D Vision support

MnemonicSyntax
10-09-2014, 06:49 AM
Fashric [Removed]. Go check out the Watch Dogs forum for some enlightenment.

fashric
10-09-2014, 01:00 PM
[Removed] MnemonicSyntax. My reasoning is based on the simple logic that if you assume it is locked to 30 then you wont be disappointed if it actually is. I never said it was going to be and I imagine it wont be but there is always that chance especially when Assassins Creed devs are saying things like this http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/viva-la-resoluci-n-assassin-s-creed-dev-thinks-industry-is-dropping-60-fps-standard-1268241

Anykeyer
10-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Alex Amancio, the game's Creative Director, reiterated this point: "30 was our goal, it feels more cinematic. 60 is really good for a shooter, action adventure not so much. It actually feels better for people when it's at that 30fps.
LOL. Lower fps feels better in action games. What a joker.

thewhitestig
10-09-2014, 02:40 PM
That's a preposterous question really. PC games are never limited resolution wise, especially to 900p. But they are limited in a lot of cases to 60fps. I would expect the same from Unity, not because it's a good decision to limit fps (because it's not), but because the devs are just being arses to PC gamers. That is evident by their arbitrary 62.5 fps cap on Black Flag.

MnemonicSyntax
10-10-2014, 01:40 AM
[Removed] MnemonicSyntax. My reasoning is based on the simple logic that if you assume it is locked to 30 then you wont be disappointed if it actually is. I never said it was going to be and I imagine it wont be but there is always that chance especially when Assassins Creed devs are saying things like this http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/viva-la-resoluci-n-assassin-s-creed-dev-thinks-industry-is-dropping-60-fps-standard-1268241

Because pointing out the obvious is an indication of being immature.

Perhaps next time, state your reasoning why instead of sounding so negative all the time. Assuming the worst on a consistent basis is the definition of a naysayer. I'm not sure how that could be twisted into an insult if it's true. Change your outlook.

D_cover
10-10-2014, 04:02 AM
It is possible that Ubi will nerf the game to 30fps I doubt they could get away with 900p on PC.

Most of the PC community game at 1920X1080 and can't really imagine gaming at a lower resolution. It is one of the things I don't compromise with and we really shouldn't have to these days.

This will really test if Ubisoft meant what they will start to better support the PC after the Watch Dogs controversy and the AC 2 DRM.

Someone from Ubisoft did say 30fps is better than 60fps. I don't know what they've been smoking but it must be strong.

fashric
10-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Because pointing out the obvious is an indication of being immature.

Perhaps next time, state your reasoning why instead of sounding so negative all the time. Assuming the worst on a consistent basis is the definition of a naysayer. I'm not sure how that could be twisted into an insult if it's true. Change your outlook.

But that's not what you are doing is it. You are just trying to personally insult me leaving me no option but to reply to your childish attack. My original post in this thread isn't even negative it's a sensibly cautious approach. One which all consumers should take. It isn't my problem that you took at it in such a way that someone would dare to do anything to praise the mighty Ubisoft. As for Watch Dogs everything I've ever said about that game was true or has come true. It still isn't fixed still has massive performance issues and still isn't the game they advertised it to be. My outlook is fine thank you. Considering we have no interaction outside of these forums I think you are making a huge assumption about me. Now please just stick to the topic and if you don't like my posts block me, report me or just skip over them but please don't try and bring this down to a school playground level of discussion again, thanks.

Locopells
10-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Guys...

Mr_Shade
10-10-2014, 03:09 PM
The Crew uses different engine and may have its own internal limits. Ofc 30fps in a racing game is simply unacceptable.
Nvidia wont allow high end GPU seller like ACU to have a low fps limit.

FYI - The crew has an option to unlock the frame rate.. just so you know ;)

fashric
10-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Guys...

Ye I reported it yesterday and today but it seems she gets a free pass to insult people on these forums. Why don't you try doing something about it?

That is true but when unlocked it also causes other issues in the game.

Anykeyer
10-10-2014, 03:20 PM

If it involves manual config editing then I consider it a hack/mod. Easy one but still. They should add options like this in game's menu.
In other news: FF13 is locked to 720p on PC. That was already hacked with 3rd party tools (showing how pointless those things are on PC). But that automatically puts "no pre-order" on all their future games for me.

Mr_Shade
10-10-2014, 03:23 PM
If it involves manual config editing then I consider it a hack/mod. Easy one but still. They should add options like this in game's menu.
In other news: FF13 is locked to 720p on PC. That was already hacked with 3rd party tools (showing how pointless those things on PC). But that automatically flags "no pre-order" all their future games for me.

It's an option in the game menu... in the final game..

strigoi1958
10-10-2014, 03:43 PM
I never had a single problem with Watch dogs.... it ran absolutely perfectly on my mid level system. The only thing was it is not a great game, I couldn't be bothered to finish it... but considering it is the first (I'm assuming) of a series, when I look at AC1 I think the same... HUGE potential.
AC that has already achieved its growth and whether or not Unity has any niggles... the AC series has already surpassed all my expectations, In future I hope WD can emulate that..

As for the mighty quest for that extra 0.000000000000000000000000002 of an FPS which causes people to spend inordinate amounts of money on quad SLI, 8 core systems with everything OC'd with cryogenic cooling :D it is really irrelevant... I have no idea what FPS I get I'm only interested in playing the game. As long as it runs smoothly without tearing I don't worry.... if we have to turn something down from Ultra to high to play a great game so what.... If it was limited to xx FPS but ran brilliantly maxed out, what's the problem ?

YazX_
10-10-2014, 03:51 PM
MnemonicSyntax (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/653385-MnemonicSyntax) and fashric (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1401837-fashric), please guys, there is no need to flame/attack each others and go into off-topic discussion, both of you are excellent members, if one disagrees with the other, either avoid replying or just add him to ignore list.

MnemonicSyntax
10-10-2014, 05:40 PM
MnemonicSyntax (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/653385-MnemonicSyntax) and fashric (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1401837-fashric), please guys, there is no need to flame/attack each others and go into off-topic discussion, both of you are excellent members, if one disagrees with the other, either avoid replying or just add him to ignore list.

I'm finished. I said my piece, and I've moved on.

Telling someone to have a different outlook to change the way others view you isn't exactly negative.

But like I said, moved on.

Also, Fashric. "He." I'm a male. Just FYI.

EverAmbiguous
10-11-2014, 02:22 AM
I'm glad I'm playing on PC. I just have to say:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/09/30-was-our-goal-it-feels-more-cinematic-says-assassins-creed-unity-dev/

"Elsewhere in the interview, Alex Amancio, Unity’s creative director reiterated the “cinematic” comment. “30 was our goal, it feels more cinematic. 60 is really good for a shooter, action adventure not so much. It actually feels better for people when it’s at that 30fps. It also lets us push the limits of everything to the maximum."

This MAY be the dumbest comment I've ever heard in my entire life. Just...WOW. This is genuinely astonishing. It's one thing to say that you couldn't reach a higher quality, but to actually denigrate it? That's truly incredible, and makes me worry about the state of things when someone is claiming that higher quality is WORSE than a lower quality.

I'm just glad I'm on PC.

Anykeyer
10-11-2014, 08:16 AM
Well, 30 fps is bad, its always worse than 60, no matter how you put it. But I think he didnt exactly say what he meant to say. With fixed hardware if you aim at 30 from the beginning you can make visuals twice as good. Consoles are pretty weak devices and there isnt much point in trying to push for 60fps while sacrificing visual quality. Ofc none of this apllies to PC bc there will always be better and faster hardware. If it runs at 30 with everything maxed out like Crysis did in 2007 its ok. But there should be no locks bc in one year GPU performance will be doubled but your game will stay the same.

oliacr
10-11-2014, 11:01 AM
It will not be.

AherasSTRG
10-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Before I begin my thread, I have to say that having not announced the PC system requirements yet is simply ridiculous. The game has gone gold and there is no reason to hide the requirements anymore. "But, Aheradrim, System Requirements are announced apr. 1 month before each game's release". NO! Assassin's Creed games' requirements were announced at least 2 months before the games' release. For example, last year Asssassin's Creed 4's requirements were announced on the 19th of September, well before the game's release.

So, with that out of the way, I wanted to bring something to the community's attention. There have been several people on the internet claiming that the recent cap in FPS (30 FPS) also affects the PC version of the game. I personally discard such statements as baseless, but I would really love an official answer from a Ubisoft Moderator (I promise I won't tell the console guys).

However, since an official response is highly unlikely, I would also like the community's opinions on the matter. Will the game be locked at 30 FPS on the PC?

Please note that a broken Vsync that does not support Triple Buffering is not considered to make the game locked at 30 FPS.

Mr_Shade
10-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Have you read: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/929995-Assassins-Creed-Unity-PC-60-FPS-1080p?p=10267351#post10267351

strigoi1958
10-11-2014, 01:33 PM
I only want to play the game smoothly and if it is possible at 30 FPS it wouldn't bother me. I don't think any company would release a product that could be classed as unfit for purpose as it would just be forced to refund its clients.
The game is more important than maximizing settings and 4k and 100+ FPS. I'm sure it will be fine.

AherasSTRG
10-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Have you read: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/929995-Assassins-Creed-Unity-PC-60-FPS-1080p?p=10267351#post10267351

I haven't read it, Mr_Shade. I just did. I saw the community's opinion, but there is still not an official answer among the previous posts.