PDA

View Full Version : P-38 career in BOE????

potver
06-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Hi,

I,ve AEP, BOE( with P-47 and P51 career) but in the free patch from just Flight I can,t find a P-38 campaign??? Anybody knows an answer?
Thanks in advance.

potver
06-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Hi,

I,ve AEP, BOE( with P-47 and P51 career) but in the free patch from just Flight I can,t find a P-38 campaign??? Anybody knows an answer?
Thanks in advance.

Huxley_S
06-22-2004, 10:56 AM
I can't see it either, but because I don't fly this plane much it hasn't bothered me yet.

It is strange though... the RAF campaign is there and so is the Me163 campaign. It's just the P38 campaign that is missing.

http://www.baseclass.modulweb.dk/69giap/fileadmin/Image_Archive/badges/69giap_badge_huxli.jpg (http://www.baseclass.modulweb.dk/69giap)

FB Music and Campaigns @
http://www.onemorewild.org/huxley

cueceleches
06-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Justflight has just released a patch. I have just downloaded it, but havenāĀ“t tried. maybe this will allow to fly the P38.
As well, they have also uploaded a patch for german night campaigns in the Bf 110.

weeksy
06-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Hi, I had this problem to start with when I installed the patch. Some people have also reported this problem if they have been using Paul Lowengrin's DCG when they installed the patch.

I reinstalled (FB and then BOE plus the patch)and hey presto P38 career appears as if by magic.

I hope this helps.

Capt._Tenneal
06-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Yep, I have the same config as yours : FB - AEP - 2.01 patch - BOE - RAF update...but NO DCG, and the P-38 campaign shows up.

Maybe someone with DCG installed can post whether the P-38 campaign shows up even if DCG is installed.

Charlielamb
06-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Seem to found a way around this one.
I think it is DCG related.
There is a Dgen file named the same in DCG that overwrites BOE.

So to get around it (and may work generally)-

Unzip Patch to a folder on your desktop and then manually drag the files into relevant places your UBiSoft/il2 folder (not forgetting new versions of Dgen and Ngen) Just put them into same placs as folders created in tempory folder that you unzipped to.

Hope this helps

CraytonRoberts
06-22-2004, 02:58 PM
I ran into the same problem at first.To run the P38 campaign (which shows a very well modelled P38J), it should be accessed in the BoE USA Missions. But you need to assign a different pilot name to each aircraft's campaign, eg Joe Smith for P51, Bill Jones for Spit, etc. and enter that name attached to that plane's campaign (and remember what name you assigned for each). Then it will come up for each plane in Pilot Career. You don't need to hack the ini file.

potver
06-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanks alot guys, it worked! I put manuelly the DGen stuff in its place in Il2 FB and VOILA its there. 4 Careers! I,am very curious because the Lightning isn,t an easy plane, but boom and zoom worksvery well.

FI-finbar1
06-22-2004, 03:06 PM
The p38 campaign is my favourite,hope you get hold of it.