PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Unity locked at 900p/30fps "to avoid all the debates and stuff"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ErikWIthNoC
10-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Hey everyone,

I wanted to bring this to the attention of members here just in case someone hasn't seen it yet. Ubisoft has confirmed that that the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Assassins Creed Unity will be locked at 900p/30fps on both consoles, giving this as reasoning: "opting to aim for platform parity to avoid discussion over the differences in performance" as well as "We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff".

This is absolutely ridiculous and makes no sense for the owners of PS4 consoles. They're holding the game back for the Xbox One, which is ridiculous. I don't see how an Xbox One owner would choose not to purchase AC:Unity because it doesn't run at 1080p, making this decision rather odd. Ubisoft is not selling consoles, Microsoft is. Ubisoft makes games for consoles and shouldn't be limiting one version to cater to another, unless Microsoft is pulling some strings behind the scenes here.

I bring this up because AC4 was post-patched to run at 1080p on the PS4, meaning the possibility is there for Unity as well. I hope I share similar sentiments with other users when I say this practice should be discouraged (limiting the game because of another consoles shortcomings) and that Ubisoft should reconsider this decision. If anything, this will hurt sales because it shows Ubisoft clearly doesn't care about a large segment of their gaming base for Assassins Creed Unity.

Link to article: http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_unity/news/assassins_creed_unity_is_900p_30fps_on_both_ps4_an d_xbox_one.html

dazzlerazzle84
10-06-2014, 05:44 PM
"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff," senior producer Vincent Pontbriand told VideoGamer.com

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_unity/news/assassins_creed_unity_is_900p_30fps_on_both_ps4_an d_xbox_one.html

This is how you shoot yourself in the foot, I have no intentions of buying this title anymore brand new/full price at any given time. I guess I'll wait till summer and snatch it used.

Subject J80
10-06-2014, 05:46 PM
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_unity/news/assassins_creed_unity_is_900p_30fps_on_both_ps4_an d_xbox_one.html

This is how you shoot yourself in the foot, I have no intentions of buying this title anymore brand new/full price at any given time. I guess I'll wait till summer and snatch it used.

Let the baby have his bottle.

AherasSTRG
10-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Are really as naive as to believe this stupid reasoning? Both consoles are simply unable to do anything more than that. In fact, I am surprised that X1 can actually push 900p.

DynastyEmpire
10-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Do not reply to this troll, please stop encouraging hate of the game just because of graphics, graphics are not the only thing game has, your forgetting on how to enjoy games, so please stop and lock this thread!.

not every developer has to be limited to 1080p of graphics, what about story, soundtrack & combat system & etc.? let's enjoy the game for what it is, instead of being butthurt about high pretty graphics on one console.

killzab
10-06-2014, 05:48 PM
This is gonna backfire on UBI soooo hard

ACfan443
10-06-2014, 05:49 PM
The Internet is going to have a field day with this one.

DynastyEmpire
10-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Stop being butthurt about graphics please, lock this thread.

Will_Lucky
10-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Wonderful....Pre-order cancelled. At least that resolves the issue of which game I'm playing on release day.

dxsxhxcx
10-06-2014, 05:55 PM
"but it's the CPU [that] has to process the AI, the number of NPCs we have on screen, all these systems running in parallel."

I can already see Ubisoft using this as an excuse for the dumb AI...

ErikWIthNoC
10-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Are really as naive as to believe this stupid reasoning? Both consoles are simply unable to do anything more than that. In fact, I am surprised that X1 can actually push 900p.

Did you not read their wording? They literally say they're keeping both games locked, not because they can't handle it, but to avoid "debate." That right there means one console was able to do more, but they are artificially limiting one copy. A new console should not be struggling to hit 1080p.

Do not reply to this troll, please stop encouraging hate of the game just because of graphics, graphics are not the only thing game has, your forgetting on how to enjoy games, so please stop and lock this thread!.

not every developer has to be limited to 1080p of graphics, what about story, soundtrack & combat system & etc.? let's enjoy the game for what it is, instead of being butthurt about high pretty graphics on one console.

Are you calling me a troll for pointing our this stupid decision? How loyal to Ubisoft do you have to be to defend a decision this idiotic? "Please stop encouraging hate"? You sound like you're being personally insulted by my comments, which is concerning. I am still excited for this game, but the practice here is very, very troubling. You're saying that publishers should limit a certain console to cater to another consoles inabilities. This shouldn't be advocated, ignored, or otherwise accepted. The only people getting hurt by a decision like this are the consumers and we have a right to speak up about it.

Every developer should be expected to do the best they can when making a game. Especially a company as big as Ubisoft, but when they come out and literally say they're holding one version back for the sake of "parity", the PS4 owners are being willfully downgraded. Don't say I'm ignoring all the other aspects of the game for pointing out this one ridiculous decision because I'm not.

SlyTrooper
10-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Couldn't care less, quite frankly. Graphics aren't that important.

True_Assassin92
10-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Yes this is a disappointment indeed :)

Xstantin
10-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Post-release patch like BF?

Domestico
10-06-2014, 06:03 PM
So what's worse:

Microsoft paying developers to botch the quality of thei product so that their inferior console can have a fighting chance on the market, or;

A huge dev like Ubisoft (Who repeatedly assures us they are all about that players) caving in to such destructive demands?

Will_Lucky
10-06-2014, 06:05 PM

If it was limited for technical reasons I'd be on board regardless. If there going to limit it for political reasons nope I'm out.

RenoRex1995
10-06-2014, 06:05 PM
I would rather have fewer AIs on screen than to have tons of buggy AIs and a PS4 game that locked on 900p & 30fps.

Assassin_M
10-06-2014, 06:07 PM
I bring this up because AC4 was post-patched to run at 1080p on the PS4, meaning the possibility is there for Unity as well.
Compares cross gen game to next gen only game.

You sure do know your stuff...like every other guy complaining about resolution on the internet.

ErikWIthNoC
10-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Compares cross gen game to next gen only game.

You sure do know your stuff...like every other guy complaining about resolution on the internet.

Aren't you the brilliant intellectual the internet needed. My apologies for not being a game designer to voice an opinion on the internet. Do you think I seriously needed you to point out the differences between Unity and AC4? This wasn't about technical limitations, it was about a decision Ubisoft made in the past and went back on with a patch. It was to give a comparison, not equate the games as equal. Consider understanding where I'm coming from instead of commenting nothing of substance. I'm glad to see that you believe the consoles are being maxed out already and are completely incapable of hitting 1080p.

Also, this wasn't a decision Ubisoft made on the basis on technical limitations. I may not understand the entire game designing process, but I can understand English and when Ubisoft says that they are holding one game back to not have any debates, then they are in fact, holding one game back for political reasons as opposed to technical reasons. That is exactly what they said, they are locking them both to reduce debates. Please fill me in on what part you're missing that speaks otherwise.

DynastyEmpire
10-06-2014, 06:15 PM
wow, i didn't realize one console it's automatically the worst just because of a certain gpc compatibility issue.lol.

this thread will cause arguments & disagreements.

Some of you are missunderstanding the article. all of this just trollbaits.

Graphics & console wars of resolution has gone too far.

we should all just enjoy the game for what it is instead of whining, lol.

whatever i'm still buying it. awhile rest of you whining about graphics.

Megas_Doux
10-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Ubi is not particularly good at "optimizing" ACīs game. This was to be expected.

AherasSTRG
10-06-2014, 06:16 PM
"You are coming from" a place where you believe that the PS4 is "practically a supercharged computer". And you better never return to that place, son...

LoyalACFan
10-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Oh my god, a drop of 180p, what is this world coming to?!?!!? Xbox sux, ps4 da bess eva, lolololol i sure know a lot about resolution aka the most important part of any game

Megas_Doux
10-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Ubi has not proven pretty good at optimizing, this was to be expected, "aiming at 1080 and 60 fps", sure....

Sushiglutton
10-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Hahaha great reason Ubi, will surely calm the masses :D!

Xstantin
10-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Oh my god, a drop of 180p, what is this world coming to?!?!!? Xbox sux, ps4 da bess eva, lolololol i sure know a lot about resolution aka the most important part of any game

You got it wrong there. It's FPS ;)

ErikWIthNoC
10-06-2014, 06:20 PM
wow, i didn't realize one console it's automatically the worst just because of a certain gpc compatibility issue.lol.

this thread will cause arguments & disagreements.

Some of you are missunderstanding the article. all of this just trollbaits.

Graphics & console wars of resolution has gone too far.

we should all just enjoy the game for what it is instead of whining, lol.

whatever i'm still buying it. awhile rest of you whining about graphics.

This has nothing to do with the game, but the practice and reasoning behind it. Imagine all the publishers going this route, or at the very least all future Ubisoft games. Imagine they decide to limit all of their games so that they are the same on both consoles, when one has the potential to be better. No technical reasoning, only political. I bought a PS4 and intend to play the games to the best the console can deliver, but when a publisher starts making decisions like this, my purchase just became significantly worse. I am being held back because of another console (I'm not saying the Xbox One is bad by any means) and this shouldn't be a decision publishers make on major games. If one console runs the game better than the other, so be it. That is up to Microsoft or Sony to correct, not Ubisoft or any other publisher.

I still think Unity will be a fantastic game and I'm really looking forward to it, but to wave a flag of ignorance at a practice that could damage the industry is ridiculous. That is how things get worse, by people being complacent and looking for any excuse not to raise questions and concerns.

"You are coming from" a place where you believe that the PS4 is "practically a supercharged computer". And you better never return to that place, son...

You know where I'm coming from? You think I believe the PS4 is "practically a supercharged computer"? How did you glean this information? Dude, the article literally says they are keeping both games locked to reduce debate. That means one is capable of running better than the other (who knows, maybe it's the Xbox), but they are locking them to reduce debate. How do you not read that? What part of that makes it sound like "both are exactly the same and have the same exact technical limitations"?

m4r-k7
10-06-2014, 06:20 PM
In one of the previews, the guy said its the best looking next-gen game out there so I am not worried. AC games are normally great in terms of graphics, I just hope the gameplay is solid along with the story.

AherasSTRG
10-06-2014, 06:21 PM
What if the PS4 holds back the X1? Since the game was originally developed for the X1 and then ported to the PS4, maybe it's better optimised for the X1.

RenoRex1995
10-06-2014, 06:22 PM
To Ubisoft:

good AIs
huge crowd
1080p&60fps

Choose two please

Will_Lucky
10-06-2014, 06:26 PM
This has nothing to do with the game, but the practice and reasoning behind it. Imagine all the publishers going this route, or at the very least all future Ubisoft games. Imagine they decide to limit all of their games so that they are the same on both consoles, when one has the potential to be better. No technical reasoning, only political. I bought a PS4 and intend to play the games to the best the console can deliver, but when a publisher starts making decisions like this, my purchase just became significantly worse. I am being held back because of another console (I'm not saying the Xbox One is bad by any means) and this shouldn't be a decision publishers make on major games. If one console runs the game better than the other, so be it. That is up to Microsoft or Sony to correct, not Ubisoft or any other publisher.

I still think Unity will be a fantastic game and I'm really looking forward to it, but to wave a flag of ignorance at a practice that could damage the industry is ridiculous. That is how things get worse, by people being complacent and looking for any excuse not to raise questions and concerns.

Couldn't have summed it up better.

What if the PS4 holds back the X1? Since the game was originally developed for the X1 and then ported to the PS4, maybe it's better optimised for the X1.

Same architecture, only differences being the PS4 GPU has more power generally and the XB1 memory system has significant inefficiency at this point in time, but the memory will catch up over time.

The PS4 is technically superior and as its on the same architecture it can be ported to each system better than before or to and from PC as a result of the x86 efforts.

LoyalACFan
10-06-2014, 06:28 PM
In one of the previews, the guy said its the best looking next-gen game out there so I am not worried. AC games are normally great in terms of graphics, I just hope the gameplay is solid along with the story.

This, there has never, ever been an ugly AC game. AC2's graphics were crap but the art style made up for it, and Unity seems to have both excellent graphics and fantastic art direction, so everybody stop *****ing please

AherasSTRG
10-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Same architecture, only differences being the PS4 GPU has more power generally and the XB1 memory system has significant inefficiency at this point in time, but the memory will catch up over time.

The PS4 is technically superior and as its on the same architecture it can be ported to each system better than before or to and from PC as a result of the x86 efforts.

I am just trolling.

ErikWIthNoC
10-06-2014, 06:32 PM
This, there has never, ever been an ugly AC game. AC2's graphics were crap but the art style made up for it, and Unity seems to have both excellent graphics and fantastic art direction, so everybody stop *****ing please

Look, no one is complaining about the game. I think Unity will be the best AC game to date and I think it will be the best looking game to date as well. I'm not debating that. I'm questioning Ubisoft's rationale here and their decision, as a major gaming company. This decision could seriously damage the industry, holding games back to cater to the weaker of the two consoles. Does that seem fair? From a consumer standpoint you should be pissed that you are not getting the most for your money and you should be even more pissed if this becomes a common practice.

Layytez
10-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Still hyped
http://cdn.niketalk.com/0/09/350x700px-LL-09fbd4d4_snoop-dogg-gif.gif

Will_Lucky
10-06-2014, 06:33 PM
I'm going to watch Far Cry 4 carefully, that is a PS4 marketed game while AC Unity is Xbox. Lets see if this avoid debate thing goes across the company.

Megas_Doux
10-06-2014, 06:35 PM

The thing is they said there were pretty close of the 1080p and 60fps standarts.

FR0ZENZiNE
10-06-2014, 06:37 PM

Since when can you develop a game an an Xbox One? :rolleyes: Jesus, please tell me you are joking..

ze_topazio
10-06-2014, 06:38 PM
I don't really care much about this things but still a bit disappointing.

Layytez
10-06-2014, 06:40 PM
The thing is they said there were pretty close of the 1080p and 60fps standarts.
In a open world game ? Nah bruh.....if anything 1080p 30fps as standard. The PS4 can handle that but Xbone.....people are still debating on that.

AherasSTRG
10-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Since when can you develop a game an an Xbox One? :rolleyes: Jesus, please tell me you are joking..

When you create a game, you code on a PC, but the optimisation, the resource management, the compiler you are going to use, heck, even the icons and the images the programmer uses corresponds to the platform at which the programmer intends his piece of software to run on.

Many mobile applications are created on PCs or workstations, but are developped for mobile devices.

GTA V's code was written on a PC, but the game was being developed for the X360 and the PS3.

Writing code on a fancy text editor on a computer does not mean that the platform you are developing the particular piece of software for is a computer. You take care to adapt your coding to the architecture and resources of the platform at which you intend to use the software on. You are developing software for the particular platform.

So, how about you take your immature, illiterate and sophomoric attitude to a thread where people have the same knowledge about software developement as you do?

Layytez
10-06-2014, 06:47 PM
What was you expecting ? 1080p 60fps ? :rolleyes:

TheArcaneEagle
10-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Oh please, when buying games always anticipate the unanticipated. It will make you care less in future.

We cant complain until we see Unity first hand at launch when we get the game, until then put up with it.

VSimaCK
10-06-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm very disappointed Ubisoft. You can rest assured that I will cancel my preorder and not buy this game if you do not grow some balls and reinstate 1080p on PS4. I have also contacted Sony about your poor decision and I hope they will talk some sense into your marketing employees. I say this because WatchDogs also fell under the same crap when it CLEARLY was 1080p in promotional videos prior to release. Believe me when I say this, you will get more negative feedback from parity then having 900p vs 1080p. Don't give me excuses, I want answers. :mad:

Domestico
10-06-2014, 06:56 PM
How do people not see that this is not about how good the game looks? It will sure as heck look very good. Problem is Ubisoft intentionally botching the standards on one version to make the other look just as good. And conveniently enough, this is a title that is advertised for XB1. We'll see if this same treatment is given to FarCry which I understand is marketed towards the PS4.

Megas_Doux
10-06-2014, 06:58 PM
In a open world game ? Nah bruh.....if anything 1080p 30fps as standard. The PS4 can handle that but Xbone.....people are still debating on that.

I was just quoting them.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
10-06-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm very disappointed Ubisoft. You can rest assured that I will cancel my preorder and not buy this game if you do not grow some balls and reinstate 1080p on PS4. I have also contacted Sony about your poor decision and I hope they will talk some sense into your marketing employees. I say this because WatchDogs also fell under the same crap when it CLEARLY was 1080p in promotional videos prior to release. Believe me when I say this, you will get more negative feedback from parity then having 900p vs 1080p. Don't give me excuses, I want answers. :mad:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/m_kRQ46PTUo/maxresdefault.jpg

FR0ZENZiNE
10-06-2014, 07:03 PM
When you create a game, you code on a PC, but the optimisation, the resource management, the compiler you are going to use, heck, even the icons and the images the programmer uses corresponds to the platform at which the programmer intends his piece of software to run on.

Many mobile applications are created on PCs or workstations, but are developped for mobile devices.

GTA V's code was written on a PC, but the game was being developed for the X360 and the PS3.

Writing code on a fancy text editor on a computer does not mean that the platform you are developing the particular piece of software for is a computer. You take care to adapt your coding to the architecture and resources of the platform at which you intend to use the software on. You are developing software for the particular platform.

So, how about you take your immature, illiterate and sophomoric attitude to a thread where people have the same knowledge about software developement as you do?

http://i.imgur.com/WVF20zA.gif

I'm laughing my *** off for a couple of minutes now and it's not stopping. lol

First of all, Mr. Molyneux, I love how you try to sound like an expert by using words which of you don't even know what they are. So you are telling me that you can use for example a modelling API on a Xbox 360? Holy ****, this is so hilarious. Never saw someone using 3ds Max on a 360, did you? Heh.

'...heck, even the icons and the images ...'
Oh so you can run Flash & Photoshop on a 360 as well to create a UI? Awesome man, tell me how to do it. :rolleyes:

Ubiforums, you never disappoint me.

TheArcaneEagle
10-06-2014, 07:03 PM
How do people not see that this is not about how good the game looks? It will sure as heck look very good. Problem is Ubisoft intentionally botching the standards on one version to make the other look just as good. And conveniently enough, this is a title that is advertised for XB1. We'll see if this same treatment is given to FarCry which I understand is marketed towards the PS4.

You've got the right mindset. For what Unity will lack in a slight downgrade in performance, its content will rest assured make up for it. I'm still excited for this game but its sad to see some are ruining the atmosphere.

Aquario
10-06-2014, 07:05 PM
You can go to hell for all I care, I don't remember you doing the same when was the time with XBOX 360 games, I wont buy a single game any more if this **** attitude or policy continues, I had to suffer ****ty graphics for games like Skyrim and Fallout beucase they were programmed on XBOX and they looked bad on PS3, but I played them anyway, but what you are doing is a serious crime to me, I payed for a better console and a better version of your games, if you dont want to deliver them as such then too bad, I'm out, if I find out about this same problem on Far Cry 4 won't buy it too.
You decide, because my mind is made up!

Xstantin
10-06-2014, 07:05 PM
At this point when I see "no 1080p" or "No 60 fps" I expect to "preorder cancelled" to follow :rolleyes:

Xenolithium
10-06-2014, 07:06 PM
Ubisoft seems to be trying to test just how far they can push and piss off their fans lately. Rest assured, anything like this happens with the Division, and Ubisoft will lose many customers. Myself included.

I didn't buy my console so a game could be downgraded to avoid a debate. Nobody did. This is why nobody owns a copy of Watch Dogs anymore.

TheHumanTowel
10-06-2014, 07:06 PM
Next gen starts here

Locopells
10-06-2014, 07:10 PM
I will say this once guys. No console war, swear filter rants, etc. If you can't cool it by the time I get back, this gets locked.

TheArcaneEagle
10-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Ubisoft seems to be trying to test just how far they can push and piss off their fans lately. Rest assured, anything like this happens with the Division, and Ubisoft will lose many customers. Myself included.

I didn't buy my console so a game could be downgraded to avoid a debate. Nobody did. This is why nobody owns a copy of Watch Dogs anymore.

Watch Dogs sold 4 million copies in its first week of launch - a record for Ubisoft.

AherasSTRG
10-06-2014, 07:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WVF20zA.gif

I'm laughing my *** off for a couple of minutes now and it's not stopping. lol

First of all, Mr. Molyneux, I love how you try to sound like an expert by using words which of you don't even know what they are. So you are telling me that you can use for example a modelling API on a Xbox 360? Holy ****, this is so hilarious. Never saw someone using 3ds Max on a 360, did you? Heh.

'...heck, even the icons and the images ...'
Oh so you can run Flash & Photoshop on a 360 as well to create a UI? Awesome man, tell me how to do it. :rolleyes:

Ubiforums, you never disappoint me.

You have a serious problem in distinguishing the words "for" and "on". I am not saying that one can develop ON a console or ON a mobile gaming device. I am saying that the expression "develop FOR a console" or "FOR a mobile device" is perfectly legit. I am not claiming that you can create a graphical application ON an X360, I am claiming that you can develop a graphical application FOR the X360 ON a PC.

I precisely wrote:

"Since the game was originally developed FOR the X1".

So, you either do not understand what the words "for" and "on" are used FOR in English, or you suffer from a serious case of dyslexia.

VSimaCK
10-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Wow I wonder how many of your 6,678 posts follow suit with such childishness. Get a life bro, you've got nothing to be proud of.

DynastyEmpire
10-06-2014, 07:14 PM
the console war is going to far, all the language, lol. how immature.

you all have forgotten how to enjoy games for what they are, awhile all of you whine about graphics, i buy the game and enjoy it, losers, lol.

i enjoy: wolfenstein the new order, middle earth shadow of mordor, assassin's creed unity, homefront the revolution, the order 1886 & uncharted 4 thief's end all togethor:).

what a lame thread. thanks for laughs, lol.

DeluxedMass
10-06-2014, 07:17 PM
This really made me angry I thought Ubi would leave AC alone! are they going to do the same thing they did with Watch Dogs. "Removed features because clearly Xbox ONE did had problem to run it". I'm not starting a console war, i myself still have my Xbox 360 but facts are facts, PS4 is a better console. personally i bought PS4 because it had more power and games played on it obviously would have looked better. [and it did when compared]. but if ubi continues to disappoint their fans for money from Microsoft then THEY WILL LOSE ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS!

Farscapebebop
10-06-2014, 07:17 PM
I have to say, that I'm a little insulted that Ubisoft has decided to lock the graphics and fps because they want to "avoid all the debates and stuff." I don't care which system turns out better, not optimizing your game per system, is a rude thing to do to your consumer. I am very very sorry, that this post will come off as a rant, but I would like you to know that I will be cancelling my pre-order for this game, and if in the future I do feel like playing this game, I will just buy it used. Because, if you don't seem to care about giving me the best product you can, why should I care about giving you my money. If your demeaner is, 'we make the game the same, we don't want to hear a debate, just deal with it'. Then mine can be 'I'm spending money for the game, and none of it is going to you, and I don't want to hear a debate about it, so just deal with it'.

Perhaps if you re-think your stance on providing the best games you can, I will re-think my stance on used game purchases.

Have a great day.
Reg

SixKeys
10-06-2014, 07:20 PM
*PC master race*

http://media.tumblr.com/4567097dbb87511b4c153fd2376fe5b7/tumblr_inline_n7fs85RVaL1se9ji0.gif

Bigodon
10-06-2014, 07:23 PM
i'm going to try cancel my psn digital pre order and buy something else (excluding far cry 4, because it probably going to be tone down on ps4)
there are plenty of great games in november anyway... i just cannot accept this.

shame on you guys

TheHumanTowel
10-06-2014, 07:24 PM
the console war is going to far, all the language, lol. how immature.

you all have forgotten how to enjoy games for what they are, awhile all of you whine about graphics, i buy the game and enjoy it, losers, lol.

i enjoy: wolfenstein the new order, middle earth shadow of mordor, assassin's creed unity, homefront the revolution, the order 1886 & uncharted 4 thief's end all togethor:).

what a lame thread. thanks for laughs, lol.
He types while sobbing at his crippling loneliness.

SUBJ3CT DELTA
10-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Well done ubisoft, literally everyone was hyped because of that baller trailer, and now you gone done this, well done, you just created a bigger problem trying to solve a smaller one.

How could you possibly think that doing this would get rid of the arguments and console wars? YOU'VE JUST MADE IT WORSE! Now literally the entire community has a solid reason to hate you AND the Xbone. Only just pre-ordered this morning, just canceled there now, and you can bet that it will stay like that until this abomination is resolved, or I'll just make sure to get a second hand copy.

FR0ZENZiNE
10-06-2014, 07:26 PM
You have a serious problem in distinguishing the words "for" and "on". I am not saying that one can develop ON a console or ON a mobile gaming device. I am saying that the expression "develop FOR a console" or "FOR a mobile device" is perfectly legit. I am not claiming that you can create a graphical application ON an X360, I am claiming that you can develop a graphical application FOR the X360 ON a PC.

I precisely wrote:

"Since the game was originally developed FOR the X1".

So, you either do not understand what the words "for" and "on" are used FOR in English, or you suffer from a serious case of dyslexia.

Alright whatever, believe what you want to believe, let's come back to your first point. You said they might have ported the XONE version to the PS4.

This point is so wrong on so many layers.. ****ing hell, it's not even funny anymore. Okay look: Both consoles have a similar AMD APU CPU (with 0,25 GHz difference) and both have an AMD Jaguar GPU, but the PS4 is using GDDR 5 where the Xbox One is still using the old DDR3 model. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PORTING ANYMORE BETWEEN THESE TWO. Both have an identical structure, nothing has to be 'ported'. Things had to be 'ported' with the PS3 and 360 because the whole structures of the CPU's were completely different. The PS3 has a Cell CPU from IBM which is just a pain in the *** to be developing on. That's why some games looked beter on the 360, even though the specs of the PS3 were better than the ones from the 360.

Now, why would the framerate and the resolution stay the same if they'd 'port' it to the PS4? The PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One. The only reason the resolution and the framerate got equalised is the marketing deal between Ubisoft and Microsoft.

Seriously, stop acting like a ****ing smartass when you ain't one. No one likes this ****.

TheArcaneEagle
10-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Could you of not, I don't know, use the thread that already exists?

amvmm
10-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Why don't they lock the Pc Version at 900p/30fps? This is a stupid decision Ubisoft!

Bigodon
10-06-2014, 07:31 PM
so, this going to get its parity on pc too? maybe a fair hard lock 900p @ 30fps on any pc, also remove all the nvidia "pluses" like hbao+, tesselation and other high level things
you know.. to avoid debacle and stuff :cool:

DeluxedMass
10-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Alright whatever, believe what you want to believe, let's come back to your first point. You said they might have ported the XONE version to the PS4.

This point is so wrong on so many layers.. ****ing hell, it's not even funny anymore. Okay look: Both consoles have a similar AMD APU CPU (with 0,25 GHz difference) and both have an AMD Jaguar GPU, but the PS4 is using GDDR 5 where the Xbox One is still using the old DDR3 model. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PORTING ANYMORE BETWEEN THESE TWO. Both have an identical structure, nothing has to be 'ported'. Things had to be 'ported' with the PS3 and 360 because the whole structures of the CPU's were completely different. The PS3 has a Cell CPU from IBM which is just a pain in the *** to be developing on. That's why some games looked beter on the 360, even though the specs of the PS3 were better than the ones from the 360.

Now, why would the framerate and the resolution stay the same if they'd 'port' it to the PS4? The PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One. The only reason the resolution and the framerate got equalised is the marketing deal between Ubisoft and Microsoft.

Seriously, stop acting like a ****ing smartass when you ain't one. No one likes this ****.

Don't rage man i understand you but the mods will lock this thread if we don't calm down.
@Aheradrim is 100% wrong i know. when ac unity started developing the next gen consoles weren't announced SO they were working on a PC version then when it was announced they converted the PC version to Consoles.

thewhitestig
10-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Okay look: Both consoles have a similar AMD APU CPU (with 0,25 GHz difference) and both have an AMD Jaguar GPU, but the PS4 is using GDDR 5 where the Xbox One is still using the old DDR3 model. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PORTING ANYMORE BETWEEN THESE TWO. Both have an identical structure, nothing has to be 'ported'. Things had to be 'ported' with the PS3 and 360 because the whole structures of the CPU's were completely different. The PS3 has a Cell CPU from IBM which is just a pain in the *** to be developing on. That's why some games looked beter on the 360, even though the specs of the PS3 were better than the ones from the 360.

Have you heard about the consoles having different APIs? The X1 runs on DirectX while the PS4 runs on their in-house API which is similar to OpenGL and in some respects even Mantle. Games still have to be ported from one platform to the other. You have to be very ignorant about technology or in this case probably intellectually dishonest to just gloss over that fact. While true that porting from one to the other is much simpler due to the nearly identical architecture, the difference in APIs still remains.

Assassin_M
10-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Aren't you the brilliant intellectual the internet needed. My apologies for not being a game designer to voice an opinion on the internet. Do you think I seriously needed you to point out the differences between Unity and AC4? This wasn't about technical limitations, it was about a decision Ubisoft made in the past and went back on with a patch. It was to give a comparison, not equate the games as equal. Consider understanding where I'm coming from instead of commenting nothing of substance. I'm glad to see that you believe the consoles are being maxed out already and are completely incapable of hitting 1080p.

Also, this wasn't a decision Ubisoft made on the basis on technical limitations. I may not understand the entire game designing process, but I can understand English and when Ubisoft says that they are holding one game back to not have any debates, then they are in fact, holding one game back for political reasons as opposed to technical reasons. That is exactly what they said, they are locking them both to reduce debates. Please fill me in on what part you're missing that speaks otherwise.
Mate, I said nothing about what Ubisoft did. I'm speaking about your comparison. Which is wrong. I don't care about resolution. I'm against what they did, whether it's for PS4 or Xbone but that doesn't mean I'll whine about it. Ubisoft has done worse in the past.

Catcher_BR
10-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Awesome ubi, tone down the PS4 version ju$t to have Parity...

ok, here's my parity: 900p on PS4 = No Buy

dimbismp
10-06-2014, 07:45 PM
People not buying the game just because it's 900p is at least laughable.

bitebug2003
10-06-2014, 07:48 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Bitebug2003/indiff_zps7549f5a4.gif at some of the responses

This revelation does not faze me one bit

gameisfun
10-06-2014, 07:48 PM
This is so stupid.

What if this game also would be on WiiU? Scale it down to WiiU standard?

Sorry I was looking forward to tmhis game very mu.ch and have a long standing preorder for it but if this is the way Ubisoft wants to avoid debate by crippling one version I only can respond by cancelling my preorder first thing tommorow.

Fortunately there will be enough other games to play this autumn.

No more preorders for Ubisoft games for me until this is sorted.

Aphex_Tim
10-06-2014, 07:51 PM
I've only read the first page so far but... really? Does it really matter THAT much? Lately people act like resolution and framerate are the number one requirement of a good game. If it's not 1080p and 60fps, it's not worth buying apparently...
900p looks fine and 30fps is perfectly acceptable, especially for a game like Assassin's Creed. 60fps is pretty but I'd say it only truly impacts gameplay for (competitive) first person shooters.

Assassin_M
10-06-2014, 07:51 PM
waaaaa waaaaaa i'm mad at a 180 p loss but i'll mask it by saying that I just don't support ubi$hoft's bad business decisions to feel good about myself waaaaaaaaaa

Assassin_M
10-06-2014, 07:53 PM
No one cares that you wont preorder, Reg

bitebug2003
10-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Please use the existing thread to continue this discussion

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/929554-Assassins-Creed-Unity-locked-at-900p-30fps-quot-to-avoid-all-the-debates-and-stuff-quot

Thanks

TheHumanTowel
10-06-2014, 07:55 PM
I've only read the first page so far but... really? Does it really matter THAT much? Lately people act like resolution and framerate are the number one requirement of a good game. If it's not 1080p and 60fps, it's not worth buying apparently...
900p looks fine and 30fps is perfectly acceptable, especially for a game like Assassin's Creed. 60fps is pretty but I'd say it only truly impacts gameplay for (competitive) first person shooters.
I don't think it's that confusing why people would be annoyed at this. Especially with Ubisoft's whole "NEXT GEN STARTS HERE" marketing bollox. Which evidently turned out to be actual bollox.

D.I.D.
10-06-2014, 07:56 PM
900p scaled up to 1080p is virtually the same, especially when console gamers are the ones who've chosen to play games on televisions.

People sarcastically calling for caps on the PC version: the games are capped at 62fps for us, even if our PCs can do a lot better. Black Flag was still excellent.

Cancel your orders if you wish, but it just looks like you're avoiding playing a game that's probably going to be great because you wanted to beat some other console. It's weird. Buy a PC if you want to "win" that battle, otherwise play the game.

"Play" is becoming such an ill-fitting word, given that it denotes "fun". This does not seem to be the main goal of a lot of people.

dazzlerazzle84

Thats like saying it would be perfectly acceptable if PC version was purposely locked @ 900p/30fps because publisher is looking for platform parity..... 0_o so they decided to gimp it a little bit

ErikWIthNoC
waaaaa waaaaaa i'm mad at a 180 p loss but i'll mask it by saying that I just don't support ubi$hoft's bad business decisions to feel good about myself waaaaaaaaaa

Do you work with Ubisoft or something? It doesn't take much to see the unethical and anti-consumer practice at play here. I could care less about the resolution difference so much as the decision to hinder one game for the sake of parity.

Assassin_M
10-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Do you work with Ubisoft or something? It doesn't take much to see the unethical and anti-consumer practice at play here. I could care less about the resolution difference so much as the decision to hinder one game for the sake of parity.
it's i COULD'NT*

and please read. I already said that Ubisoft's decision is idiotic.

mtleon
10-06-2014, 07:57 PM
900p on PS4 is not acceptable and a show of their lack of talent and desire to be decent at their job. If you buy this garbage you are supporting them for their bad habits and letting them think it's okay to do such a poor job on a game. If they are really going to put out their game with poor people quality it should be for a poor people price, I wouldn't pay more than 30$ for the low amount of work they have put into this. I understand that Ubisoft isn't known for their quality and skill but this is getting out of hand. If they have only an entire staff of lazy, good for nothing, D-average community college developers then they need to as a company lay off the majority of them and let in people that actually have the drive and skill to really work on the game. I am disappointed in Ubisoft for even letting themselves succumb to such a poor state, and letting their staff become a crapfest.

FR0ZENZiNE
10-06-2014, 07:59 PM
900p scaled up to 1080p is virtually the same, especially when console gamers are the ones who've chosen to play games on televisions.

http://cdn2.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/resolution-comparison-one.png

SUBJ3CT DELTA
10-06-2014, 08:01 PM
It's got nothing do to with the graphics,(well, maybe a tiny bit)its just how ridiculous the entire concept is, and reasons they gave for doing it. They are holding back the capabilities of ANOTHER CONSOLE, stunting development and innovation because they didn't want any console wars? Which will actually be worse now that we have an actual reason to be at war now?

If Graphics don't matter, why did they lock them on the PS4? You should be asking Ubisoft that question, not us.

dazzlerazzle84
10-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Gimp the PC version to 900p/30fps 2 please "to avoid all the debates and stuff"

DynamiteMarko
10-06-2014, 08:02 PM
This is so stupid. So basically PS4 version could be better but it won't because they don't want it to look better than the Xbox One version? I'm glad that I'm not planning to buy this right away when it gets released.

D.I.D.

Both systems are weak. The PS4 is marginally less weak, but they're both weak.

You'll get a more consistent frame rate than the XBO, even given the same target. You might get nicer shadows or something, with your meagre little bit of extra power. But your memory of the game will be identical to the person with the XBO, and identical to mine with my 4GB NVidia card. We'll have marginally different experiences of textures and effects, or how smooth it was, but even though I'll play it at 1440p it going to feel the same way to us both when we look back.

Unless you're really silly enough to not play the game you wanted to play, in which case, your loss.

Assassin_M
Lazy work
poor quality
unacceptable
poor job
garbage
good for nothing

Entitled runt

dazzlerazzle84
10-06-2014, 08:03 PM
It's got nothing do to with the graphics,(well, maybe a tiny bit)its just how ridiculous the entire concept is, and reasons they gave for doing it. They are holding back the capabilities of ANOTHER CONSOLE, stunting development and innovation because they didn't want any console wars? Which will actually be worse now that we have an actual reason to be at war now?

If Graphics don't matter, why did they lock them on the PS4? You should be asking Ubisoft that question, not us.

Jezz finally somebody that can understand something :D

D.I.D.
http://cdn2.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/resolution-comparison-one.png

And is this supposed to be an argument against what I said, or did you post that in support of my point?

ErikWIthNoC
it's i COULD'NT*

and please read. I already said that Ubisoft's decision is idiotic.

No, I could care less because I am a little displeased that I will be playing a game that could look better. Regardless, I more disappointed for other reasons. I didn't see your last comment, but that just confuses the one I quoted even more. You say Ubisoft's decision is idiotic, yet you belittle those who complain about their decision.

Layytez
Being lazy is when you know you can do it but don't want to for no reason. It's not knowing you can do something and choosing not to for an actual reason.

ErikWIthNoC
10-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Both systems are weak. The PS4 is marginally less weak, but they're both weak.

You'll get a more consistent frame rate than the XBO, even given the same target. You might get nicer shadows or something, with your meagre little bit of extra power. But your memory of the game will be identical to the person with the XBO, and identical to mine with my 4GB NVidia card. We'll have marginally different experiences of textures and effects, or how smooth it was, but even though I'll play it at 1440p it going to feel the same way to us both when we look back.

Unless you're really silly enough to not play the game you wanted to play, in which case, your loss.

Weak compared to what? Compared to high-end PCs? Of course they are, but compared to consoles, they are the best of the bunch yet. We shouldn't just let publishers not push themselves and give them an excuse for it. Even then, Ubisoft's reasoning about the CPU doesn't make sense since, unless I'm mistaken, the CPU isn't what's rendering the game. That's up to the GPU, which is better in the PS4. The AI is going to be taxing the CPU the same regardless of the resolution, so I'm a little confused by Ubisoft's reasoning.

The problem is that this is a practice that could permeate throughout the industry. "Let's limit this game so that they're the same" hell, why not limit the PC while they're at it? This isn't about the graphical difference, this about the decision to hinder one copy of the game for political reasons.

Aphex_Tim
10-06-2014, 08:08 PM
I don't think it's that confusing why people would be annoyed at this. Especially with Ubisoft's whole "NEXT GEN STARTS HERE" marketing bollox. Which evidently turned out to be actual bollox.

So you're saying that it doesn't matter if it has a huge, beautiful looking world, huge crowds of individual NPC's, much improved and extensive gameplay- and mission mechanics, and most of all, is FUN, simply because it doesn't run at 60fps and 1080p? At least that seems to be the reasoning of most 'gamers' these days. Resolution and framerate don't make Next Gen. Unity is still exclusive for the new consoles and PC and couldn't possibly run on a PS3 or Xbox 360. So I wouldn't call the "Next Gen starts here" stuff bollocks...

FR0ZENZiNE
10-06-2014, 08:11 PM
It's against what you said. The right side is really blurry and causes motion sickness for many people. (including me) There is a difference between 1080p and 900p.

Aphex_Tim
10-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Do we really need a hundred threads about this? Seriously, stop it. Stop acting like this is the end of the world.

And for the love of God, stop throwing the word "lazy" around!

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-06-2014, 08:15 PM
....Seriously?

Aphex_Tim
10-06-2014, 08:16 PM
If anything, I'm glad it's got a locked framerate as it will probably mean little to no frame drops.

Bigodon
10-06-2014, 08:22 PM
This is so stupid.

What if this game also would be on WiiU? Scale it down to WiiU standard?

hoho oh boy... now this going to be good ;)

TheHumanTowel
10-06-2014, 08:22 PM
So you're saying that it doesn't matter if it has a huge, beautiful looking world, huge crowds of individual NPC's, much improved and extensive gameplay- and mission mechanics, and most of all, is FUN, simply because it doesn't run at 60fps and 1080p? At least that seems to be the reasoning of most 'gamers' these days. Resolution and framerate don't make Next Gen. Unity is still exclusive for the new consoles and PC and couldn't possibly run on a PS3 or Xbox 360. So I wouldn't call the "Next Gen starts here" stuff bollocks...
lol where did I say that? Ubisoft pushed the idea Unity was at the forefront of next gen with that marketing scheme and yet here they are apparently hamstringing the PS4 version for political reasons. People are annoyed at this, especially when you consider Ubisoft's past history with graphical downgrades. Frame rate and resolution are a part of next gen. And from what people have said in the previews the game still doesn't run very well even with these restrictions. Not promising.

RenoRex1995
10-06-2014, 08:23 PM
The problem is not 900p or 30fps
The problem is that Ubisoft can't even handle two of the three at the same time: less buggy AIs / huge crowd / 1080p&60fps
I mean, if the AIs are good, I won't care about the resolution or the frame rate
But since the AIs they've shown us were still...
I expect they can at least reach 1080p&60fps

Or just give me fewer but smarter AIs

D.I.D.
10-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Weak compared to what? Compared to high-end PCs? Of course they are, but compared to consoles, they are the best of the bunch yet. We shouldn't just let publishers not push themselves and give them an excuse for it. Even then, Ubisoft's reasoning about the CPU doesn't make sense since, unless I'm mistaken, the CPU isn't what's rendering the game. That's up to the GPU, which is better in the PS4. The AI is going to be taxing the CPU the same regardless of the resolution, so I'm a little confused by Ubisoft's reasoning.

The problem is that this is a practice that could permeate throughout the industry. "Let's limit this game so that they're the same" hell, why not limit the PC while they're at it? This isn't about the graphical difference, this about the decision to hinder one copy of the game for political reasons.

Weak compared to expectations. Prior to the release of the final specs, there were expectations of much more powerful hardware in these things, especially if they're really to last for 10 years this time, as the companies have projected.

You cannot rely on the model of the past, whereby advances in coding will produce radically different games later in the cycle. There will be improvements, but nowhere near as dramatic as the ones between the launch X360/PS3 games and their games today.

PS4 has a combined CPU & GPU, so technically they're not wrong.

As for permeating through the industry? You're seeing it already. The list of companies on PS4 owners' bad books gets longer every week, and rather than think, "Hmm, maybe Sony sold me a pup", the ire gets directed at the games companies every time. They've been building these games for years, with only a rough idea of what the consoles would finally look like, and unsurprisingly some of those games have to be scaled down in the end. Massive, detailed open world experiences are the ones that will suffer the most.

I will happily bet that either the next AC or its sequel will not be so obviously encumbered. The assets will have been designed and built from day one around the known limits of your consoles. There'll still be compromises, but we won't be made aware of what's been hobbled to make it work.

king-hailz
10-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Ok it's getting old already... who cares about 900p I still enjoy playing assassins creed 1 with 720p and those graphics... These amazing graphics are a bonus... did u not see the story trailer it *ucking amazing!

Assassin_M
10-06-2014, 08:26 PM
No, I could care less because I am a little displeased that I will be playing a game that could look better. Regardless, I more disappointed for other reasons. I didn't see your last comment, but that just confuses the one I quoted even more. You say Ubisoft's decision is idiotic, yet you belittle those who complain about their decision. Really cool man.
No, it's I couldnt...saying "could" care less implies that you still care a bit. I'm not belittling those complaining, i'm belittling those making it seem like the end of the world

D.I.D.
10-06-2014, 08:30 PM
It's against what you said. The right side is really blurry and causes motion sickness for many people. (including me) There is a difference between 1080p and 900p.

Upscaling doesn't cause motion sickness. There are a few games where I make the compromise of running them at 1080p on a 1440p screen as a trade-off to get maximum whistles and bells in the other settings. Lots of us do. That's a much bigger jump in upscaling, but I've never once heard of a PC gamer saying they can't do that because it makes them feel ill. Poor frame rates can mess with your vision, though.

The blurriness from 900p to 1080p is tiny, and besides that it's only something you see in stills. You don't see it in motion -- that's why PCs need to be super-powered to make use of high resolutions, because if the frame rate falls below about 50fps then we can't see those pretty textures properly anyway (except, again, in screenshots or when standing still).

Shahkulu101
10-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Ah, the reason I've been browsing these forums less and less...

Complete ****ing idiocy.

Bigodon
10-06-2014, 08:32 PM
i think who just #$@@ cares about crowd ai npc?
there are over 5 AC games and they were aways useless and brainless, some more randomized reactions is the recipe to hold back the resolution on ps4? ha come on...

i stick with mass stupid random npc, and a bit more smart npc around arno field of view and 1080 than having a half of zealots helping me or annoying me

D.I.D.
10-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Remarkable numbers of 1-post accounts saying the same thing in multiple threads. You might almost think it was the same person.

DeluxedMass
10-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Ok it's getting old already... who cares about 900p I still enjoy playing assassins creed 1 with 720p and those graphics... These amazing graphics are a bonus... did u not see the story trailer it *ucking amazing!

Saying "Next-gen starts here" then downgrading the game for a console that can definitely handle more is just ridicules.

DynamiteMarko
10-06-2014, 08:35 PM
I think the game can stay 30fps but they really should make it 1080p on PS4. If not then it should be 900p 30fps on PC too to prevent all debates and stuff. :D

SixKeys
10-06-2014, 08:35 PM
there are over 5 AC games and they were aways useless and brainless, some more randomized reactions is the recipe to hold back the resolution on ps4? ha come on...

i stick with mass stupid random npc, and a bit more smart npc around arno field of view and 1080 than having a half of zealots helping me or annoying me

"The AI in these games may be terrible, but damn it, I want to see its terribleness in glorious 1080p 60 fps! Screw actually fixing the AI, devs need to spend more time on framerate!"

SHADOWGARVIN
10-06-2014, 08:36 PM
This is quite disappointing. I don't really care if the game is 900p/30fps or 1080p30/fps, but the reasoning behind this decision is idiotic.

D.I.D.

The makers of Sleeping Dogs clearly do, since the Definitive Edition's major selling point after the higher resolution is greater crowd density. And it is important, because that didn't feel enough like Hong Kong, or any city really, with so few pedestrians and drivers.

Anybody trying to simulate a living city is going to want to work on crowd size, and then work on gameplay effects from those crowds. We'll have to wait until we play it to see if it was a good move for the game, or just good for atmosphere.

ErikWIthNoC
No, it's I couldnt...saying "could" care less implies that you still care a bit. I'm not belittling those complaining, i'm belittling those making it seem like the end of the world

Yeah and in the text you quoted I said I did care a little bit...as in, yes I do care a little bit that I'm getting a lower resolution.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Guys, guys...

Too much worry over graphics, seriously it's not that serious.

It's the story, gameplay and such that makes or breaks a game.

If they could have pulled off that AND the graphics to 1080 or whatever, then great.

If not, and the game delivers on everything else, move on and enjoy the game otherwise.

DynamiteMarko
10-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Saying "Next-gen starts here" then downgrading the game for a console that can definitely handle more is just ridicules.

This. I really hope Ubisoft reconsiders this decision.

RenoRex1995
10-06-2014, 08:39 PM

at least they should make AIs stop changing clothes!

DynamiteMarko
10-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Guys, guys...

Too much worry over graphics, seriously it's not that serious.

It's the story, gameplay and such that makes or breaks a game.

If they could have pulled off that AND the graphics to 1080 or whatever, then great.

If not, and the game delivers on everything else, move on and enjoy the game otherwise.

But it sounds like they can pull off that and 1080p on PS4.

"Assassins Creed Unity locked at 900p/30fps "to avoid all the debates and stuff" "

m4r-k7
10-06-2014, 08:44 PM
People here don't work for Ubisoft. They don't know what technological barriers they need to pass and the costs they are facing. They clearly can't up the resolution as the game is too demanding at the moment. Its not a matter of "they are too lazy." Obviousily if they could do it they would, but they simply can't as its too early in the console life cycle. As the console cycle shifts and developers gain more experience with these consoles, they will develop more graphically stellar games, just like with the last gen. People rely too much on graphics. In the end its the gameplay that makes a game good.

SUBJ3CT DELTA
10-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Nextgen starts wherever microsoft says it does ™

Shahkulu101
10-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Not reading this thread as that would run the risk of me pulling my hair out...

BUT I'm really not bothered by this. It would have been nice if it was 60fps, but I don't care about resolution unless it's sub HD to be honest. People don't even know what they are talking about and just find it easy to criticise, or gloat about, simple numbers.

Megas_Doux
10-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Lazy? Nope
Greedy? Well.....

SUBJ3CT DELTA
10-06-2014, 08:58 PM

BUT I'm really not bothered by this. It would have been nice if it was 60fps, but I don't care about resolution unless it's sub HD to be honest. People don't even know what they are talking about and just find it easy to criticise, or gloat about, simple numbers.

Its got nothing to do with numbers, or even graphics, gonna paste a post I did earlier in the thread, says everything that needs to be said.

"It's got nothing do to with the graphics,(well, maybe a tiny bit)its just how ridiculous the entire concept is, and reasons they gave for doing it. They are holding back the capabilities of ANOTHER CONSOLE, stunting development and innovation because they didn't want any console wars? Which will actually be worse now that we have an actual reason to be at war now?

If Graphics don't matter, why did they lock them on the PS4? You should be asking Ubisoft that question, not us."

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-06-2014, 09:01 PM
But it sounds like they can pull off that and 1080p on PS4.

"Assassins Creed Unity locked at 900p/30fps "to avoid all the debates and stuff" "

That kinda makes me wonder what kind of debates are they talking about.

DynamiteMarko
10-06-2014, 09:03 PM
I couldn't have said better than this:

The problem is not that it's not 1080p. No one would be whining if Ubi went and said "look, we tried, but 900p is all we can get with this new engine". Disappointed, but not pissed off.

They announced that they locked out the PS4 on 900p on purpose for the sake of parity. And that's ******** that shouldn't be supported.

Megas_Doux
10-06-2014, 09:03 PM

One console being or having superior performance. Which I dont mind, since I have neither of those.

Domestico
10-06-2014, 09:06 PM

For crying out loud, it's not about the 1080 vs 900 thing. Ubisoft COULD have achieved 1080 on PS4 but they chose not to because that would "degrade" microsoft's console. That is pure and utter crap from Ubisoft, who chose to screw over half of their consumers due to this.

Voyager456
10-06-2014, 09:10 PM
They also said cpu become bottlneck quickly what a suprise did people realy think 1.7 ghz amd cpu is enough to run open world games at 60 FPS

SHADOWGARVIN
10-06-2014, 09:15 PM
One console being or having superior performance. Which I dont mind, since I have neither of those.

I do mind. I'm paying a lot of money for this game and i expect ubisoft to deliver the best game they can. Clearly that's not going to happen. I'm very disappointed by their decision to not optimize the ps4 version and their reasoning for this decision is idiotic.

Megas_Doux
10-06-2014, 09:16 PM
I do mind. I'm paying a lot of money for this game and i expect ubisoft to deliver the best game they can. Clearly that's not going to happen. I'm very disappointed by their decision to not optimize the ps4 version and their reasoning for this decision is idiotic.

I do understand your point.

SHADOWGARVIN
10-06-2014, 09:17 PM
I do understand your point.

Thank you.

Landruner
10-06-2014, 09:17 PM
This is gonna backfire on UBI soooo hard

Tu l'as dis mon cochon! - in fact in trying to make piece in among the formats supporters (X1/PS4 Fanboys) they just started the total debacle LOL.

PS: You know what you and I sound like with our past comments to each other?, we sounds like those two "papies" from the Muppet Shows,
Cynical, but far of being idiots LOL!

Bashilir
10-06-2014, 09:23 PM
http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/assassins_creed_unity/preview-3814.html

I think the fact that it says
but when trying to replicate moments from the trailers, perched up high, looking down on the crowd gathered at Notre Dame, the FPS took a nose dive into the low twenties. This happened a lot, especially during the kind of rooftop chases you can expect to be getting into pretty regularly. We were playing an Xbox One build, but were told that both console versions are the same. I'm fine for it not being 1080p/60FPS but if the game becomes horrible to play and enjou because Ubisoft wanted to "avoid debates", then I won't be fine.

Aphex_Tim
10-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Ah, the reason I've been browsing these forums less and less...

Complete ****ing idiocy.

In this case you can blame it on the dozens of people who suddenly came out of nowhere and created a forum account simply to complain about the 900p/30fps news.

Megas_Doux
10-06-2014, 09:26 PM
In this case you can blame it on the dozens of people who suddenly came out of nowhere and created a forum account simply to complain about the 900p/30fps news.

We are pretty HARDCORE fans, we "accept" everything.....

Landruner
10-06-2014, 09:27 PM

Some say "AVOID THE DEBACLE" it is just an excuse for covering their incompetence, honestly I do not know why that PR did not come with that info sooner assuming they had been working for 4 years on that game, if it is true that they did?. Now they piss off lot of people that understand that either they system are already obsolete or that they had been cheated regarding some assumption that the game will run at 1080/60?

However One problem:
Are both console can't handle the specs or one of them can't, or just Ubisoft did not push the stuff?, I do not know, they did not mention what the news will be for PC?
So far, the so called "next generation" consoles and "games build for next gens" sound like a big fat joke already. LOL

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-06-2014, 09:27 PM

Almost sounds discriminatory, but meh. :nonchalance:

Some say it is an excuse for covering their incompetence, honestly I do not know why that PR did not come with that info sooner assuming they had been working for 4 years on that game, if it is true that they did?.
One problem that show that both console can't handle the specs or one of them can't, or just Ubisoft did not push the stuff, I do not know, they did not mention what the news will be for PC?
So far, the so called "next generation" consoles and "games build for next gens" sound like a big fat joke already. LOL

God knows what the "excuse" is. Maybe they tried to reach something "unreachable" and realized they can't do it and decided to do this?

Realization: Maybe this is also the reason why the game was delayed two weeks, because they wanted to see if it could be resolved?

Aphex_Tim
10-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Can this thread please just die?

Megas_Doux
10-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Almost sounds discriminatory, but meh. :nonchalance:

What I mean by "I dont mind" is my lack of involvement in regards of console wars.

Erroneus
10-06-2014, 09:31 PM
PS4 version gimped on purpose... Woav really Ubisoft. Yep that preorder has just been cancelled.

I'm not paying money for a gimped version, because the Xbox One is underpowered and Ubisoft is a bunch of pu**ies.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
10-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Wow I wonder how many of your 6,678 posts follow suit with such childishness. Get a life bro, you've got nothing to be proud of.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f0/f048edb7ead27c35e45e0da6b5f452304a5deb074bab47ceb7 d19ffa82046706.jpg

"Get a life"? Says the person who made an account just to ***** about the graphics in a ****ing video game. And I'm "childish"? Once again -- says the person who is refusing to buy a game because of the graphics. A game, I might add, that still has pretty awesome graphics regardless.

Learn how to quote, you troglodyte.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-06-2014, 09:32 PM
What I mean by "I dont mind" is my lack of involvement in regards of console wars.

I wasn't saying YOU were discriminatory. I was saying how it sounds like one console may play better than the other, so let's keep it what they both are capable of handling.

Sorry if that confused you.

And I don't have either console either, so it's not that much of a fuss.

Wont be getting one until more games come out on them anyway.

Megas_Doux
10-06-2014, 09:33 PM
I wasn't saying YOU were discriminatory. I was saying how it sounds like one console may play better than the other, so let's keep it what they both are capable of handling.

Sorry if that confused you.

And I don't have either console either, so it's not that much of a fuss.

Wont be getting one until more games come out on them anyway.

Oh my bad! I misundertood!

Cheers!

Aphex_Tim
10-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Loads of awesome reveals about the game and no one bats an eye. One reveal that COULD be perceived as negative and all hell breaks lose.
**** this **** I'm outta here.

Journey93
10-06-2014, 09:39 PM
I'm not really happy about this but the graphics aren't everything
story and gameplay first thats what I always say

sadly these days many gamers are graphic *****s very annoying and childish

Journey93
10-06-2014, 09:46 PM
I don't understand Ubi's reasoning seems more like Microsoft paid them so that its even with both consoles
greedy as hell but what can you do?

Bigodon
10-06-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm not really happy about this but the graphics aren't everything
story and gameplay first thats what I always say

sadly these days many gamers are graphic *****s very annoying and childish

maybe?

in my case i could cancel this and get this on pc later, to have higher resolutions, pay something way more cheap than console prices
i got this on ps4 because mostly of my friends are on psn and i had plans to play it on ps4.

now i will have to rerthink about paying 60$ to ubisoft because of their crap play move

Someday ubi come to me and say: we going to hold ps4 back due partiy over other system
parity is good when you get something inferior or slight worse and tune it UP to get pair with better versions, when you take something DOWN to pair up with low leveled stands... man this is not cool.

rprkjj
10-06-2014, 09:55 PM
If their sole reasoning is "to avoid debates," then this is annoying to say the least.

Valkyre4
10-06-2014, 10:04 PM
This is actually insulting and at the same time pathetic.

Enough with the BS Ubisoft... Enough...at least have the nerve to state the real reasons behind this and not CPU bottlenecks and comments like this that even someone with minor computer and graphics knowledge can immediately recognize as BS.

ErikWIthNoC
10-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Can this thread please just die?

Loads of awesome reveals about the game and no one bats an eye. One reveal that COULD be perceived as negative and all hell breaks lose.
**** this **** I'm outta here.

Who here is forcing you to read this thread besides your own will? This isn't something that "COULD" be perceived as bad, it is. This is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to Ubisoft's customer base. There is no valid reasoning behind this decision and can only serve to hinder the development of games in the future due to the misplaced sake of "parity". If you don't see this as a valid complaint, then please continue being an ignorant consumer and let corporations walk all over you.

MickyDaLips
10-06-2014, 10:13 PM
And so my love/hate relationship with Ubisoft continues :)

If they'd said, 'Guys, 900 @30 fps is the best we can get on either console', like many, I would have thought fair enough, and thought no more about it. This just smacks of... so much wrong. If it's a BS cover up for some other reason, it stinks. If what is being said is true, it stinks.

Did anyone, ever, for one moment, think that this would stop 'debates and stuff'? Or do people think that more than anything else it will inflame debates?

Next week Ubisoft will show us how to put out a fire with gasoline.

phoenix-force411
10-06-2014, 10:21 PM
I love it when consolepeasants fight. 4K resolution is what's what. 1080p is so 2006!

phoenix-force411
10-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Blame SONY & Microsoft for not giving you stronger consoles. Geez, everyone blames the devs, 'cause your consoles are low-end PCs that should have been labeled "last-gen."

dmkd2000
10-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Will wait for 1080 patch for ps4.
No patch - no full price..
Easy wait 1 year and buy for 10$
The same for Far Cry 4

cooperb21
10-06-2014, 10:24 PM
http://abload.de/img/0337_gxkq3.gif

phoenix-force411
10-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Get a gaming PC, problem solved. The 8th gen is so butthurt on graphics that I don't even know why they're complaining about stories within games.

Megas_Doux
10-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Get a gaming PC, problem solved. The 8th gen is so butthurt on graphics that I don't even know why they're complaining about stories within games.

Not everybody can.....

cooperb21
10-06-2014, 10:32 PM

Still not right.

This is no different than if they made the pc version 900p and 30fps locked.

If there is more power in system alloy it to do more its lazy its like if they did not make pc version better than console.

Xstantin
10-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Not everybody can.....

Also it's console section here but w/e

phoenix-force411
10-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Not everybody can.....
And that is the reason why 8th gen will not even survive for as long as the 7th gen. You cannot meet high expectations with low expectations.

That is what modding is for. Usually, there's always locked settings within the game files that can't be tweeked unless you do some modding. W_D had locked settings that were revealed.

AherasSTRG
10-06-2014, 10:43 PM

Yes, ofc. Saying that the PS4 could be holding down the X1 was intended to be a joke. I said as much 2 posts after my initial post. Quoting myself:

I was just trolling.

Of course it was a joke. Go some pages back and see my posts for yourself.

However, what is not a joke is the fact that the expression develop a piece of software ON the PC FOR a specific platform, other than the PC is a perfectly valid expression which reflects software developement in the vast majority of its facets.

And you raged, obviously, because you know that the PS4 is stronger when it comes to raw power than the X1, but attacked me for a completely different reason: You thought that I had said, that the game was developed ON the X1, but rather, I had said that the game was being developed FOR the X1, which made me respond back, explaining exactly what I meant in a, yeah I admit it, hostile way. But, because of the fact that I don't want to be that guy that hijacks a thread and makes it get locked, I suggest that we should stop this conversation now.

Shahkulu101
10-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Yeah Phoenix I'd love a beastly rig with an NVIDIA Titan but I don't ****e money...

MakimotoJin
10-06-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm blaming Microsoft.Not for the 900p problem,but for not giving me a free next-gen console to play Unity..

dxsxhxcx
10-06-2014, 10:48 PM
I'll just pretend that this doesn't have anything to do with the fact that 3 AC games (Rogue, Unity and Chronicles) are coming out this year and that they probably don't have enough time to properly work on each version (PS4, XONE and PC) of these games to fully explore their full potential in each platform... :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
10-06-2014, 10:48 PM
OP, you speak as though you can do better. :rolleyes:

XaVi230
10-06-2014, 11:07 PM
This is why I'm not going to buy this game. 900p/30fps Ubisoft you're not getting my money.

mmac900
10-06-2014, 11:09 PM
PC Master Race ftw. We dont have these problems because we can ALWAYS run games at 1080p+ and 60fps.

GTX 970 on the way :cool:

CockneyCharmer
10-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Strange really. This very morning I pre-ordered the Notre Dame edition for PS4 and not once did I have resolution or frame rate numbers in my mind when making my choice.

Playing devil's advocate here a little, as a PS4 owner yes it is surprising that the power of the PS4 is not being used in order to make it level with the underpowered Xbox One. That is a given, if you have the hardware specs there to make the most of your game, I will agree it is just crazy not to make use of it.

However, resolution and frame rate will not effect the story or the story telling of Unity, it will not change the gameplay I have been mesmorised with in the trailers. Ubisoft has made some serious PR blunders, following the whole "too much work to make a female playable assassin' after E3 and now this.

My pre-order is sound, I want this game and this debarcle and so called Parity rebellion will make a noise and soon be a whisper and then a memory.

Dead1y-Derri
10-06-2014, 11:16 PM
I have to admit if the PS4 could manage 1080p and 30 FPS and the Xbox could not then that does kind of show them favouring their partnership over bring the best content.

I mean the quote

Speaking with VideoGamer, senior producer Vincent Pontbriand revealed the figures, which come in below the 1080p/60fps figures that Ubisoft was reportedly targeting for both platforms. And while there is a technical reason for not being able to reach those numbers, Ubisoft decided to make the two console versions identical in the interest of parity. "We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff," Pontbriand explained

Its a poor excuse if you ask me and its not necessarily lazy but I think its because they have partnership with Microsoft this year.

For the first time I can truly I'm disappointed with Ubisoft. I don't care if games don't live up my expectation or if a MP doesn't work correctly all the time but this news has saddened me and I'll admit I've lost a bit of faith in Ubisoft.

If they had turned around and said they locked it because 1080p was causing issues, even on the PS4 then I would understand but they've basically said

"Oh Xbox can't manage it so we've kept it the same for both parties in the interest of not causing debate"

MakimotoJin
10-06-2014, 11:19 PM
Wait,doesn't Ubisoft has a partnership with Sony?With some exclusive content and all,that's what I thought.

Dead1y-Derri
10-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Wait,doesn't Ubisoft has a partnership with Sony?With some exclusive content and all,that's what I thought.

Not this year with AC Unity.

Look at all the gameplay and videos they all have the Xbox Case first at the end of the video and all the gameplay is on Xbox and it was shown at the Xbox Conference.

Dead1y-Derri
10-06-2014, 11:22 PM
I have to admit if the PS4 could manage 1080p and 30 FPS and the Xbox could not then that does kind of show them favouring their partnership over bring the best content.

I mean the quote

Speaking with VideoGamer, senior producer Vincent Pontbriand revealed the figures, which come in below the 1080p/60fps figures that Ubisoft was reportedly targeting for both platforms. And while there is a technical reason for not being able to reach those numbers, Ubisoft decided to make the two console versions identical in the interest of parity. "We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff," Pontbriand explained

Its a poor excuse if you ask me and its not necessarily lazy but I think its because they have partnership with Microsoft this year.

For the first time I can truly I'm disappointed with Ubisoft. I don't care if games don't live up my expectation or if a MP doesn't work correctly all the time but this news has saddened me and I'll admit I've lost a bit of faith in Ubisoft.

If they had turned around and said they locked it because 1080p was causing issues, even on the PS4 then I would understand but they've basically said

"Oh Xbox can't manage it so we've kept it the same for both parties in the interest of not causing debate"

HypeR.tgL
10-06-2014, 11:24 PM
^ Ubisoft's AC Unity has a marketing partnership with XBone. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

Stop feeding the fire guys, it's only getting bigger :\.

Landruner
10-06-2014, 11:25 PM
I DO NOT HATE UBISOFT!!!!! but I do not support, encourage or endorse their greedy "assitute", their "Buthevior" lies, their pieces of fake "assvertizing" for any game they release over the past 7 years, I despise they pay 5 to 6 figure(s) a year brainless spokesperson(s) that rape the flies around each time they open their mouths, and also I despise those other third business parties that they may have they they endorse via the back on the lovers of this Franchise.

Yves! for the love of god (et l'amour du ciel), give us the old and reliable Ubisoft that we used to love before the greed got on you.
By now days, you have better gain going this way than taking the "High EA ways" - UBI likes innovation, well, do that instead of trying to copy what the others try to do.
In short: make us prod to support you again, and not get us mitigated about you like we are.

Dead1y-Derri
10-06-2014, 11:27 PM
^ Ubisoft's AC Unity has a marketing partnership with XBone. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

Stop feeding the fire guys, it's only getting bigger :\.

You seriously want me to believe that they haven't done it because of the XB1 power compared to the PS4?

They said it was a technical issue and they wanted to avoid creating debates and stuff. To me that tells me that XB1 could not handle the game at 1080 and 30 FPS because its had this problem before and even after the dev update that freed up some power.

Donmecca23
10-06-2014, 11:40 PM
Somebody should keep a record of all the people that claim to have cancelled pre-orders and then check and see when they actually start playing the game. I don't believe them at all.

Landruner
10-06-2014, 11:44 PM
Watch Dogs sold 4 million copies in its first week of launch - a record for Ubisoft.

Well, that makes about 4 million of used games than no one want to buy - a records for sure! LOL:rolleyes:

pacmanate
10-06-2014, 11:51 PM
"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff".

Absolute idiots.

Are you serious?! This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. This shows that the PS4 could get 1080p, they have downright admitted to not giving the PS4 version its true potential. Guess that contract with Microsoft this year has something to do with it.

I was originally going to come into this thread saying "Knew it would be 900p", which I am FINE with by the way, but that statement showing they have downgraded the PS4 version already from what it is capable of it ridiculous.

All I can say is good luck to you PC owners.

JustPlainQuirky
10-06-2014, 11:52 PM
People who are genuinely upset about resolution scenario make me laugh.

Do you guys really expect a console to maitain 60fps 1080p in an open world game with a complex parkour engine?

idiotic, I say.

edit:

just read that UbiDevs purposely downgraded Ps4 version's potential....

nvm

the devs are idiots.

Layytez
10-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Should have been 1080p 30fps as standard across the board. This is doable.

Landruner
Somebody should keep a record of all the people that claim to have cancelled pre-orders and then check and see when they actually start playing the game. I don't believe them at all.

Actually they are apparently plenty of pre-order cancellations post the news (Gamestop and Amazon especially) -

the "No debate" is a debacle indeed... mostly PS4 users.

Finally and ironically ACU should have been called ACWF (AC white flag) since it seems that a lot give up or surrender the franchise.

Like someone mentioned above, personally, I am not really surprised of what 's going on (I was sure they could not meet those expectation for consoles especially for an open world for all hundred of NPCs / image), and it does a little hurt only if it does not affect the AI and that the game-play is still solid....

However like someone also mentioned earlier, I am preparing that the AI is going to be dumb and that will be also part of a follow up of their next "excuses" . 900p/30fps and 45 for the NPCs' IQ because one console could not handle it....

TheHumanTowel
People who are genuinely upset about resolution scenario make me laugh.

Do you guys really expect a console to maitain 60fps 1080p in an open world game with a complex parkour engine?

idiotic, I say.

Mayrice did you even bother to read the OP before commenting?

BoBwUzHeRe1138
10-06-2014, 11:56 PM
These people b*tching about the graphics all make me laugh.

JustPlainQuirky
10-06-2014, 11:56 PM
I literally edited my comment like 2 seconds after I posted, towel.

And i posted thinking this was another thread.

people make mistakes.

*nervous wheeze*

imptown
10-07-2014, 12:03 AM
Simple enough. Their game, their decision.

My money. My decision.

No more ourchased Ubisoft titles for me.

Rentals, loaners, falling from the sky--I won't purchase.

JustPlainQuirky
10-07-2014, 12:03 AM
This isn't a matter of laziness or greed.

It's a matter of stupidity.

pacmanate
10-07-2014, 12:09 AM
The devs straight out said the locked them to make them the same.

Now whats the point in getting one console more powerful than the other?

You PC owners are screwed too as apparently Far Cry 4 on PS4 will be Ultra on PC.

Will_Lucky
10-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Somebody should keep a record of all the people that claim to have cancelled pre-orders and then check and see when they actually start playing the game. I don't believe them at all. I'll buy it used if they haven't changed their tune.

JustPlainQuirky
10-07-2014, 12:12 AM
You PC owners are screwed too as apparently Far Cry 4 on PS4 will be Ultra on PC

Ok what the ****, Ubisoft?

Landruner
10-07-2014, 12:16 AM
The devs straight out said the locked them to make them the same.

Now whats the point in getting one console more powerful than the other?

You PC owners are screwed too as apparently Far Cry 4 on PS4 will be Ultra on PC.

Well, you still have other games than AC franchise for PS4, I mean Shadow of Mordor is a great one so far, but I see your point and you are right, and I agree with you as well.

pacmanate
10-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Ubisoft is taking a lot of heat, good. All over twitter (has its own hashtag) GAF and Reddit have exploded too.

Their "Damage control" statement is hilarious.

"We understand how Senior Producer Vincent Pontbriand's quotes have been misinterpreted. To set the record straight, we did not lower the specs for Assassin's Creed Unity to account for any one system over the other."

Yet as Kotaku rightfully say, they didn't comment on whether they intentionally limited the PS4. Sneaky Ubi.

http://kotaku.com/ac-unity-will-have-same-specs-on-xbox-one-and-ps4-to-av-1643054770?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

JustPlainQuirky
10-07-2014, 12:24 AM
What is the hashtag? I want to tweet it.

pacmanate
10-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Well, you still have other games than AC franchise for PS4, I mean Shadow of Mordor is a great one so far, but I see your point and you are right, and I agree with you as well.

Dont get me wrong, Im fine with 900p, I said that months ago thats what it would be, but intentionally limiting a system is a joke. Microsofts deal is definitely influencing this

ze_topazio
10-07-2014, 12:32 AM
Next year game will be better tuned probably.

Bashilir
10-07-2014, 12:36 AM
Hahaha wow, this is reminding me of the hood situation for Connor after you beat the game. Except, this is exponentially worse.

reddragonhrcro
10-07-2014, 12:36 AM
Way to take a big fat dump in your own mouth Ubisoft.

Pathetic!

Shahkulu101
10-07-2014, 12:39 AM
At the end of the day, if people didn't place so much importance on resolution, then things like this wouldn't need to be done. Not that I'm defending Ubisoft, but it's because people kicked up such a fuss about a few extra pixels that things like this are happening. If people never cried and realised resolution was such a minuscule thing in the grand scale of a video game (like the devs constantly said anyway and I mean ****ing DUH) then controversies wouldn't need to be avoided.

Although this terrible PR disaster is a controversy bigger than the one they tried to avoid, caused by their own stupidity.

souNdwAve89
10-07-2014, 12:40 AM
I'm late, but I can't help but smirk when I read their reasoning. That is what happens when they're working with Microsoft to promote Assassin's Creed unity. About a year ago around the release of the new consoles, it was stated that the PS4 is supposedly about 40% more powerful than the Xbox One. It is great that recently the Xbox One got a 10% power boost due to removing the Kinect. I don't want to come off as a graphics, specs, resolution, etc freak, but I personally find it kinda annoying that some games still can't make it to 1080p. The frame rate, I can deal with since it depends on the game. Obviously pulling off 60 fps is doable for a smaller and linear game whereas an open world game is much harder. In all, I'm disappointed, but I doubt it will ruin my experience with Unity, if it is a good game.

JustPlainQuirky
10-07-2014, 12:42 AM
You nailed it on the head, Shahk.

ShoryukenMan
10-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Hey, Ubisoft. Look at all the "debates n' stuff" you've avoided...

It is slightly disappointing that they'd hold back one version of the game for such a ridiculous reason... I mean, are they going to do this for the PC version too? If not, then what's the point? PC master race is just as bad when it comes to this sort of thing.

That being said... I'm still incredibly excited for the game and I'm sure it'll look amazing. Heck, it looks amazing to me just watching youtube videos of it at 360p.

DynastyEmpire
10-07-2014, 12:46 AM
You guys and op are pathetic, you guys must Realize eventually you can't hate to find something to hate about on ubisoft awhile other devolpers get away with stuff.

you call yourself gamers, i hope this thread gets locked.

i mean really grow the hell up!.
it's not nice to hate on ubisoft or on some random company for no reason, ps4 it's not a better console than others, xbox1, ps4, pc & wii u are equal, yet you all have to find ways to hate on each other, lol.

it's absolutely Ridiculous that you guys do this to yourself.

you should be ashame of yourselves, you just want to hate, hate & hate some more.

i hope you forget what makes great games, graphics aren't the only thing in a game: your overacting over dumb comment that you don't even understand.

Stop embarrassing yourselves, just don't buy there games at all if you have problem, ubisoft games are great,

Story, soundtrack, game mechanics & combat system what makes the game great.

who am i kidding, you won't listen your all nothing but sad trolls who are haters.

you guys graphics aren't the only thing that makes the game great, whatever your fanboys.

JustPlainQuirky
10-07-2014, 12:50 AM
it's not nice to hate on ubisoft or on some random company for no reason, ps4 it's not a better console than others, xbox1, ps4, pc & wii u are equal, yet you all have to find ways to hate on each other, lol.

For someone saying we should all grow up, you sure do show signs of significant youth from your word choice and perception.

naumaan
10-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Well i believe it is happening because the consoles are recently released and its upto the experimentation that can tell what resolution can be achieved and what cannot, and it needs time, I dont think they had time to work on ps4 1080p rate, if that could cause some serial bugs it will be a big let down for us, so they worked on the lower stable fps. tho it can be believed that they will bring out better

randiesel1
10-07-2014, 12:58 AM
They dump this on people a month before it's release too. If it truly were a problem for the PS4, then the 2 week delay in the game months back could've read something like "we're having trouble optimizing for the PS4, so we've decided to take 2 more weeks and fine tune it for 900p". This is just more political bulls--- because of Microsoft.

And graphics alone, the loss of 180p overall, will not ruin this game. No, but your money says a lot, and if you buy this game it is only telling companies like Ubisoft, who is now getting all too comfortable with downgrading graphics right before release, that this is acceptable. Anyone arguing that this isn't a big deal are right on a graphical level, but this is (at the core) a business decision and spending your money on crap like this only advocates this as acceptable business practice for future titles.

Funny, I don't see Kojima and Co. complaining about pushing 1080p on the PS4, and MGS5 looks much better. Ubisoft is only hurting themselves. Post "nobody cares if you cancel" all you want, but canceled my AC Unity and FarCry 4 preorders. This doesn't just hurt you in one title Ubi, it hurts you all over.

randiesel1
10-07-2014, 01:04 AM
Well i believe it is happening because the consoles are recently released and its upto the experimentation that can tell what resolution can be achieved and what cannot, and it needs time, I dont think they had time to work on ps4 1080p rate, if that could cause some serial bugs it will be a big let down for us, so they worked on the lower stable fps. tho it can be believed that they will bring out better

Then why not be vocal about it from a long time ago, be more up front with your customers if it is truly an issue. Telegraph things like this well in advance. With all the uproar it creates on major gaming sites, this type of backlash is to be expected.

This is no different than some dimwitted celebrity making an anti-gay or racial slur on twitter (or similar) only to have it backfire. Be up front and honest with your customers, why is this so hard a concept?

Landruner
10-07-2014, 01:11 AM
You guys and op are pathetic, you guys must Realize eventually you can't hate to find something to hate about on ubisoft awhile other devolpers get away with stuff.

you should be ashame of yourselves, you just want to hate, hate & hate some more.

i hope you forget what makes great games, graphics aren't the only thing in a game: your overacting over dumb comment that you don't even understand.

Stop embarrassing yourselves, just don't buy there games at all if you have problem, ubisoft games are great,

who am i kidding, you won't listen your all nothing but sad trolls who are haters.

you guys graphics aren't the only thing that makes the game great, whatever your fanboys.

Please i do not want to come on you, and I am sorry to get way from that topic, (although it is related I believe), but please, stop crying about "hate" against UBI or that franchise all the time.
This is true each time someone writes something critical about the game or UBISOFT, you come to cry in calling for "hate, haters or trolls and trollers" right away and then ask or hope for the thread to be locked. (honestly that is the 5th time i saw you writing this over the past weeks, and it is always the same song)

I do not want to argue with you, but please just accept that this is a forum and an opinion could be divergent than yours, and it does not make the ones concerned haters per se.
I respect your devotion to Ubisoft and that franchise, but for the love of god just accept also that you are on a forum (not in the Youtube comment section) that some people and AC fans can think differently than you do,and it does not make them haters at all and it does mean they they have to shut up neither. Some there had been there posting for years (more than you are) and even they mention something critical they are not haters or trolling/

When you call people Trolls, you are actually sadly trolling that forum more than they do in expressing their opinion(s).

After all - Unless that forum has to turn into a "Templar fascist just one way love interest discussion about the game, the franchise, and the company", it is still so far a forum open to free discussion with the freedom to express for anyone his/her opinion relating the AC topics.

PS: I hope, you do not ask the mods to get me banned for daring to express my sincere opinion about you.:p
I need to grow -up but so far I raise the barre!:rolleyes:

GoldenBoy9999
10-07-2014, 01:15 AM
So... my thoughts. I don't care about resolution that much because I think the gameplay and story will be great. I'll still be able to enjoy it.

I am disappointed in Ubisoft's decision though. With so many people in their company how could they possibly think this was the best choice? Are they trying to hurt themselves?

naumaan
10-07-2014, 01:15 AM

you really need to calm down mate

SPatton183
10-07-2014, 01:19 AM
As a PS4 owner, I'm extremely ticked off that my graphics are being reduced to the level of the lesser Xbox One's specifications. You already stated it was to avoid "debate" over which console is better, you can't play it off as the system not being able to handle it. Besides the PS4 is obviously able to handle WAY better than the Xbox One's hardware, this being the case, the performance SHOULD be better on the PS4, but you are CLAIMING to lock it at 900p, instead of allowing your own programmers to see their own product to its full potential. I can tell you now that you doing this has already cancelled 10 people I know's preorder, including mine. Won't support a game that won't work to the full ability of the system I purchased because of something as stupid as Xbox owners not being able to handle that they purchased the system with lower specifications. Here is the response to your decision to lock the graphics. Until I see/hear proof that you have reversed this decision, I will not buy another Assassin's Creed game again. This saddens me because I absolutely adore the series, but you holding consoles back is the reason why all the bad things in this world happen. Hitler, Osama, Obama... you get it.

http://kotaku.com/ac-unity-will-have-same-specs-on-xbox-one-and-ps4-to-av-1643054770?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/6/6920873/assassins-creed-unity-resolution-frame-rate-ps4-xbox-one

Hope Ubisoft Montreal studio employees don't mind a pay cut for not meeting sales goals/expectations.

naumaan
10-07-2014, 01:21 AM
Then why not be vocal about it from a long time ago, be more up front with your customers if it is truly an issue. Telegraph things like this well in advance. With all the uproar it creates on major gaming sites, this type of backlash is to be expected.

This is no different than some dimwitted celebrity making an anti-gay or racial slur on twitter (or similar) only to have it backfire. Be up front and honest with your customers, why is this so hard a concept?

hmmm

D.I.D.
10-07-2014, 01:23 AM
This saddens me because I absolutely adore the series, but you holding consoles back is the reason why all the bad things in this world happen. Hitler, Osama, Obama... you get it.

This saddens me because I absolutely adore the series, but you holding consoles back is the reason why all the bad things in this world happen. Hitler, Osama, Obama... you get it.

You are just precious.

SPatton183
10-07-2014, 01:29 AM
You are just precious.

Yeaaaaah, they need to understand what level of public enemies they've just become. ;) :cool:

D.I.D.
10-07-2014, 01:32 AM
Yeaaaaah, they need to understand what level of public enemies they've just become. ;) :cool:

Damn it, I was hoping you were actually that nuts. I had this adorable scene it my head of you all red in the face, banging your pudgy little baby arms into the keys, wearing a pair of underpants with "I <3 ALEX JONES, AND TRUTH" scrawled on them in crayon.

Well, I say "adorable". It was a bit frightening really. I'm still a little bit scared. It was totally your fault, though.

SPatton183
10-07-2014, 01:44 AM
Damn it, I was hoping you were actually that nuts. I had this adorable scene it my head of you all red in the face, banging your pudgy little baby arms into the keys, wearing a pair of underpants with "I <3 ALEX JONES, AND TRUTH" scrawled on them in crayon.

Well, I say "adorable". It was a bit frightening really. I'm still a little bit scared. It was totally your fault, though.

I'm just really happy that I was able to give you just a few minutes of imagination material. I am upset about this, but that bit was just to emphasize the level of public anger that this is going to cause. As I said, already cancelled my own preorder along with a couple buddies in person. :nonchalance:

Landruner
10-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Mate, I said nothing about what Ubisoft did. I'm speaking about your comparison. Which is wrong. I don't care about resolution. I'm against what they did, whether it's for PS4 or Xbone but that doesn't mean I'll whine about it. Ubisoft has done worse in the past.

Sorry for taking part of the conversatio, which is not mine, but You are "DRMed" right M, they did worse in the past and it is "always on":p
Sorry it was some easy puns for Ubisoft, I know....I do some better next time

D.I.D.
10-07-2014, 02:06 AM
I'm just really happy that I was able to give you just a few minutes of imagination material. I am upset about this, but that bit was just to emphasize the level of public anger that this is going to cause. As I said, already cancelled my own preorder along with a couple buddies in person. :nonchalance:

You should do what you want to do, regardless of how many other people do it.

I'd be amazed if this makes the slightest dent in the game's sales, really. There's already been a statement refuting the original comment, although it's unclear if that means it is or isn't 900p on both systems, or if they mean that neither console could achieve 1080p at a decent rate. If they're both limited to 900p on release, the PS4 one will still look better because they can creep up various effects with the spare processing power, just like with AC4, and like AC4 it might be patched to 1080p later.

If the game reviews well, people will be all over this thing like they always are. It's pretty much impossible to hurt a franchise of this magnitude over a technical issue. People either want the game or they don't, and few fans will be able to bear being without a copy on release day just because their friends might accuse them of letting the side down.

pacmanate
10-07-2014, 02:34 AM
So... my thoughts. I don't care about resolution that much because I think the gameplay and story will be great. I'll still be able to enjoy it.

I am disappointed in Ubisoft's decision though. With so many people in their company how could they possibly think this was the best choice? Are they trying to hurt themselves?

Exactly how I feel, I am fine with 900p, I always suspected this. But finding out that the PS4 could have gotten 1080p and they are delibrately capping it to be on par with the Xbox One is just not on. Thats where the problem is this time, not that 1080p is better than 900p, but the fact they are obviously capable but are limiting it to "stop resolution debates"

Landruner
10-07-2014, 02:52 AM
You should do what you want to do, regardless of how many other people do it.

I'd be amazed if this makes the slightest dent in the game's sales, really. There's already been a statement refuting the original comment, although it's unclear if that means it is or isn't 900p on both systems, or if they mean that neither console could achieve 1080p at a decent rate. If they're both limited to 900p on release, the PS4 one will still look better because they can creep up various effects with the spare processing power, just like with AC4, and like AC4 it might be patched to 1080p later.

If the game reviews well, people will be all over this thing like they always are. It's pretty much impossible to hurt a franchise of this magnitude over a technical issue. People either want the game or they don't, and few fans will be able to bear being without a copy on release day just because their friends might accuse them of letting the side down.

I believe that most people know that the game may be patched later (?), but what infuriates a lot (especially PS4 users) is that the game won't come at retail fully like they thought it could have been, and they are double infuriated because Ubisoft may it sounds that this lock was mostly because of the other system in competition could not handled it. That is king Salomon rules, we cut to make everything even.

I understand that some could be disappointed by this decision and I actually deplore that Ubisoft jumped in a bowling boll in trying to excuse a fact instead of resolving the issues (especially after the Watchdogs affair and its disappointing downgrade issues, I understand that some are disappointed or even made at Ubisoft for making that decision).

After all ACU was advertized as the first AC optimized for next gen consoles, and some were waiting to caught Ubisoft in one more lie regarding that they won't even meet the potential that they co advertized when they partnered with Sony for the PS4 (E3 2013/AC4) . I understand that some PS4 users be upset because that is a slam in the face to squarely tell them we could do better for you, but the X1 prevents us from doing it and we want to be fair to micorsoft because we don't want to debate in this matter - sorry and see you at the next sorry with a lame explanation, so far, pre-oder, get the season pass and god speed!

One more time Ubisoft seems to mock people and like they did over the recent past years they raise some questionable questions about trust and reliability of their future releases.
Questions such as:
Do people have to considered that back in time Ubisoft was presenting fake advertizing in exaggerating the specs of their games or co- promoting some video game system that could not even meet the requirement for playing the future AC games?
Why penalizing a system in comparison to another one if that system could meet the expectation?
Why Ubisoft a just a few weeks upon release does open a debate between systems and their users?
Why do people have to download a mega patch for enjoying the res that should be included in the retail versions?
So many why?
Now we have to see what the PC version has to offer and if serious optimization will be given or not.

HiddenKiller612
10-07-2014, 03:06 AM
So in a nutshell, Microsoft paid them a sum of money... To which, we have no idea what that money was for in the long run, and this happens. Ps4 could be 1080p, while the Xbone has been lagging behind and Microsoft has had to step in to actually help developers reach 1080p with certain games... so lets lower the resolution on the ps4 simply because the Xbone can't reach it's resolution... Under the guise that this is to stop debating, which is hilarious since it has done the opposite.... Will the next assassin's creed game feature a shovel? Or do you already have one Ubisoft, since you just keep digging your PR hole deeper and deeper and deeper. The game looks great, I will more than likely buy it.... but this is one stupid thing to do, especially when the ps4 has a higher install base. All in all, you've pissed off a lot of people with only a few phrases.

Bigodon
10-07-2014, 04:10 AM
neogaf have a 100+ pages thread about this
congratulations ubi! in a short time you have annoyed or upsetting alot of people

the most stupid thing you can do is this, irritate who purchase your stuff

JustPlainQuirky
10-07-2014, 04:13 AM
i'm certain the bloke who said the quote got a huge slap on the wrist.

but seriously ubi.

don't keep it at 900p

don't be a **** to your fans

pacmanate
10-07-2014, 04:36 AM
#PS4NoParity

Xeeros
10-07-2014, 04:50 AM
If they don't want disparity across platforms then obviously PC should be locked too. I mean you wouldn't want to have people looking at the graphics disparity.

I mean really in what way did they expect this to go over. I for one already dumped my pre-order, I might get it later if Ubisoft pulls their **** together.You think they would have learned from the Tomb Raider fiasco when Squeenix announced exclusively for Xbone and the PS3/PS4 had way stronger sales for the reboot of the franchise. People felt a little betrayed since even according to the numbers game they should have gotten the sequel (more sales=more games). This isn't quite that but no one likes being told that the game will only be as good as the least capable (in which case I think the WiiU should get some AC:U as well hell its better than an Xbone any day,also probably more capable). I own all things except a kickass PC so while I am biased I do own all 3 and to this day haven't yet found a single game on Xbone that I bought. Borrowed and rented sure but overall the whole bundle is meh the dashboard is terrible like Windows 8 incarnate, streaming sucks as well, not even getting into the bug-fest but its a freaking train-wreck. So yeah I am biased but in my experience for good reason everything was better on PS4. Should someone one day do something amazing with the Xbox I'll bite but until then PS4 is my defacto game console of choice with only maybe CoD exemptions (ie Online-FPS). Assassin's Creed is on PS3/PS4 I'm sticking with that until something convinces me otherwise that I'm missing something fundamentally great on the other platform. You can handicap the game to end the argument, you have already lost.

I will pick it up used way down the line, I don't mind not giving a developer money for bad decisions. Enjoy Microtit they probably lost you alot of sales on the PlayStation front and considering Xbox One sales numbers good luck breaking the bank. Most if not nearly all my friends on Xbox are sticking with 360 as they have been unimpressed by the xbox one and are waiting for the game and the Version 2 hardware.

P.S. Xbox owners are familiar with having the slightly less spectacular game, they got used to this on Xbox 360 so really this is just placating to a big company that went in the wrong direction completely this console generation, Ie. DRM then no-DRM, kinect now not so much kinect, etc...

STDlyMcStudpants
10-07-2014, 05:17 AM
*WARNING - Rant*
As a consumer...
This pisspots me off.
For starters It's pathetic that quality is being sacrificed for $.
What happened here is XboxOne couldn't hand what PS4 could handle so they throttle.
Why? Well scroll to the top of this page.
Notice the copy in front? Xbox and Ubi are promo partners.
OF COURSE they aren't going to put an inferior version of their partners game on market.
It's ******** really.
You're cheating fans out of a better experience for a few 100k or a few mil.
I've defended Ubisoft SO MUCH since 2012 after everyone cried about AC3 and Ubisoft became 'milkisoft'
I was in denial - but this decision has made it clear that this is the case.
They blatantly chose quantity over quality.

And finally - Xbox start making an XboxTwo because you're holding Next Gen Back
It's sad if one year in, we are already seeing the peak.

SixKeys
10-07-2014, 05:18 AM
If they don't want disparity across platforms then obviously PC should be locked too. I mean you wouldn't want to have people looking at the graphics disparity.

They already did that with Watch_Dogs. It's not like this would be the first time.

As a PC player, I really don't give a crap about frame rate.

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
10-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Update: Ubisoft says it did not scale down the game's graphics to accommodate one particular system, saying Pontbriand's comments were "misinterpreted." The company's full comment is below.

"We understand how Senior Producer Vincent Pontbriand's quotes have been misinterpreted. To set the record straight, we did not lower the specs for Assassin's Creed Unity to account for any one system over the other.

"Assassin's Creed Unity has been engineered from the ground up for next-generation consoles. Over the past 4 years, we have created Assassin's Creed Unity to attain the tremendous level of quality we have now achieved on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. It's a process of building up toward our goals, not scaling down, and we're proud to say that we have reached those goals on all SKUs.

"At no point did we decide to reduce the ambitions of any SKU. All benefited from the full dedication of all of our available optimization resources to help them reach the level of quality we have today with the core Assassin's Creed Unity experience."

So there you have it. Guess it wasn't downgraded after all. Will still be keen to see if there are any differences between PS4 and X1 versions, but the game looks beautiful regardless.

EDIT: This game from polygon btw.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/6/6920873/assassins-creed-unity-resolution-frame-rate-ps4-xbox-one

The_Kiwi_
10-07-2014, 06:07 AM
This is how I read it:

We understand why you thought what you thought, but even though it is true, we don't want you to think that, so here we are saying something in order to save our reputation. We have been building up towards our goals, never have we downgraded the game, we merely couldn't put our goals too high due to the limitations of one particular platform.

I could be wrong, but that's what it sounds like to me.

HiddenKiller612
10-07-2014, 06:15 AM
Damage control yet again, tsk tsk Ubi.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-07-2014, 06:18 AM
How I read it
'We got paid to throttle this game. We came up with a koombaya reasoning behind this business move and didn't get the reaction we expected. While we wish to deliver the highest quality product to our customers, the truth is we will make more money off of this deal than we would lose if you decide to cancel because of this any way, so yeah....'
#SorryNotSorry

The_Kiwi_
10-07-2014, 06:20 AM
They already did that with Watch_Dogs. It's not like this would be the first time.

As a PC player, I really don't give a crap about frame rate.

A PC gamer that doesn't care about framerate?
I thought you guys were extinct...

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked
And is it really that big a deal that PS4 is only running at 900p? It's not like it's the end of the world, it's still better than 720p which I think is fine.

To all you people cancelling preorders just because you're missing out on a few pixels, good riddance.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-07-2014, 06:26 AM
A PC gamer that doesn't care about framerate?
I thought you guys were extinct...

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked
And is it really that big a deal that PS4 is only running at 900p? It's not like it's the end of the world, it's still better than 720p which I think is fine.

To all you people cancelling preorders just because you're missing out on a few pixels, good riddance.

No that ISNT the big deal.
This has nothing to do with frame rates, resolution, ps4, xbox, pc.
The big deal is that money is getting in the way of quality.
Ubisoft sold out is the big deal

The_Kiwi_
10-07-2014, 06:27 AM
No that ISNT the big deal.
This has nothing to do with frame rates, resolution, ps4, xbox, pc.
The big deal is that money is getting in the way of quality.
Ubisoft sold out is the big deal

Ubisoft sacrificed a few pixels to earn a little more money
Big woop
It's not like the game will be any worse
People need to stop crying over it

STDlyMcStudpants
10-07-2014, 06:31 AM
Ubisoft sacrificed a few pixels to earn a little more money
Big woop
It's not like the game will be any worse
People need to stop crying over it

Big woop?
Are you fine with games never getting better because xbox cant handle it?
Because thats reality.
Nintendo is going to pay everyone to only release games in 640p.

The_Kiwi_
10-07-2014, 06:36 AM
Big woop?
Are you fine with games never getting better because xbox cant handle it?
Because thats reality.
Nintendo is going to pay everyone to only release games in 640p.

I'm not going to have a cry because games are getting very slightly downgraded to cater to the weakest platform, that's just the way multiplats work, there's nothing you can do about it and it's not like the game has been shrunk down in size, it's just lower resolution.
And to tell you the truth, I couldn't even care less about it if I tried, I wouldn't give a f*** if Unity ran at 480p, just enjoy the game for the story/gameplay, don't worry about the resolution.

deskp
10-07-2014, 06:39 AM
It will be very interesting to see if the ps4 version 'makes up for it' in other ways. FPS and resolution is somethign petty easy to compare, but other graphicl things can be a litle more subjective so they might not need to hold those kinds of thigns back to please XBOX.if the extra ps4 power isnt used to anything specific we could hope that it keeps the game more stable, unlike the xbox version wich is already using near 100% of its power.btw is it a given that the ps4 can do 1080p on all games that Xone can only do 900p on? I think black flag got 1080p on ps4 simply do to the amount of leftover power for THAT GAME, making it an relatively easy thing to implement. black flag was a last gen game after all.also XONE has a little bit mroe power to use now that microsoft allows developers to disable the kinect features.I hope the locked resolution and framerate can benefit the ps4 version in otherr less obvious ways.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-07-2014, 06:40 AM
I'm not going to have a cry because games are getting very slightly downgraded to cater to the weakest platform, that's just the way multiplats work, there's nothing you can do about it and it's not like the game has been shrunk down in size, it's just lower resolution.
And to tell you the truth, I couldn't even care less about it if I tried, I wouldn't give a f*** if Unity ran at 480p, just enjoy the game for the story/gameplay, don't worry about the resolution.

You're missing the point.
It isn't about frames.
It's about selling out.
It's about cheating customers out of a better experience because a promo partner can't match competitors.
It's Bull **** plain and simple.
No body is crying.
There is no reason to cry, but there is PLENTY reason for loyal consumers and fans to be disappointed in Ubisoft for caring more about money than delivering the best product they can across ALL platforms.
We aren't getting a next gen experience.
We are getting an XboxOne experience.

The_Kiwi_
10-07-2014, 07:23 AM
You're missing the point.
It isn't about frames.
It's about selling out.
It's about cheating customers out of a better experience because a promo partner can't match competitors.
It's Bull **** plain and simple.
No body is crying.
There is no reason to cry, but there is PLENTY reason for loyal consumers and fans to be disappointed in Ubisoft for caring more about money than delivering the best product they can across ALL platforms.
We aren't getting a next gen experience.
We are getting an XboxOne experience.

No I understand the point, but I hardly think 1080p is a better experience, you'd be lying to yourself if you can really tell the difference and/or that it is a a definite downgrade.
So because of that, Ubisoft has not cheated customers out of a better experience for money.
People are cancelling preorders, or at least threatening to, to me that is crying.
I really don't think this is a big deal, it hasn't made the game any worse, people have blown this way out of proportion
And God forbid a company to try and make more money, how dare a company try to maximise its profits(!)

It's still a next gen experience, Xbox One is next gen, saying it isn't is just a fanboy response.

EDIT
If Microsoft paid Ubisoft to downgrade Unity enough so that it can be on the Xbox 360 and not the PS3, then that would be something to get upset about.

Reaper-59
10-07-2014, 07:32 AM
My god, people are really spitting their dummy out ain't they because of the 900p/30fps announcement. It's not that big of a deal. The game is still going to be amazing and run great. At the end of the day, the people who are moaning and are saying they are going to cancel pre-orders, I bet they are still going to buy the game and enjoy it, so why cry about it.

The_Kiwi_
10-07-2014, 07:35 AM
My god, people are really spitting their dummy out ain't they because of the 900p/30fps announcement. It's not that big of a deal. The game is still going to be amazing and run great. At the end of the day, the people who are moaning and are saying they are going to cancel pre-orders, I bet they are still going to buy the game and enjoy it, so why cry about it.

http://cdn01.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/14/request-five.gif

ace3001
10-07-2014, 07:56 AM
I don't personally care about this since I'll be playing the PC version, but it was definitely a bad idea for them to publicly announce this. If they really wanted to avoid debates, they should've just said that both versions are 900p/30FPS and then stopped there instead of giving this kind of reason.

Zafar1981
10-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Bungi's Destiny hits 1080 p on both Xbox one and PS4 and it is a cross gen title also. It means that the developer at all the studios of Ubisoft are incompetent. Sorry to say Ubisoft you put more than 10 studies and nearly 4 year of making NEXT GEN game and won't able to hit 1080P on both. I now seriously start thinking how you are milking this franchise. Your only aim is annualizing and now two games per year.

True_Assassin92
10-07-2014, 08:02 AM
So this is why they needed an extra 2 weeks... to adjust the resolution and come up with a rationale :rolleyes:

king-hailz
10-07-2014, 08:06 AM
You won't see the freakin difference between 900p and 1080p it's only 180 pixels... and I'd rather have 30fps that will stay at that then a 60fps game that drops constantly...

I haven't played an assassins creed game that didnt have frame drops since AC2... maybe even ACB... I play on ps3 and now ps4... who cares anyway...

The only reason that this will change people views on the games is because they themselves are causing it... just shut up and enjoy the game!

Zafar1981
10-07-2014, 08:12 AM
This is how I understand
"​As we are incompetent and a small studio Bungi hits 1080 p on both next gen console so we are telling you that this game is infect for 900 p. We never tried to make 1080 p and what ever rubbish we told after E3 demo to hit 1080 p and 60 FPS is nothing. In future we put 10 more studios and told you we were working for this game before original Assassin's Creed game to keep you realise how incompetent we are. Blockbuster like GTA are made by one studio but we put multiple studios to give you and average game. Please don't forget to pre-order the game to get some extra add ons."

deskp
10-07-2014, 08:16 AM
^ ACU looks way prettier than destiny though. its easy to do resolution when the graphics are not very advanced...

Aphex_Tim
10-07-2014, 08:38 AM
I love how every keyboard warrior always becomes an expert on the subject.

Dead1y-Derri
10-07-2014, 08:39 AM
This is how I read it:

We understand why you thought what you thought, but even though it is true, we don't want you to think that, so here we are saying something in order to save our reputation. We have been building up towards our goals, never have we downgraded the game, we merely couldn't put our goals too high due to the limitations of one particular platform.

I could be wrong, but that's what it sounds like to me.

I have to admit that after his comments, I kind of think that what they've came up with now is pretty much damage control.